• Published 31st Aug 2013
  • 25,837 Views, 10,268 Comments

Odrsjot - Imploding Colon



Rainbow Dash and her companions fly east.

  • ...
46
 10,268
 25,837

PreviousChapters Next
A Most Perfect Dawn

Shell's cries fell on deaf ears as Rainbow sailed into the hollow belly of the Lightning Bearer. Beams of the sunrise bled through the burning cracks, filling the interior with an otherworldly brilliance that bounced enchantingly across the battered bulkheads.

Rainbow landed on grinding hooves, kicking up dust and soot as pieces of lumber crackled and collapsed around her.

"Lasairfion!" Rainbow hollered. Her voice echoed across the bulwarks, flouncing the limp manes of dead Xonan maidservants. She trotted over bodies and pools of blood, the wages of the Xonan monarch's sins. "Lasairfion, it's over!" Rainbow yellowed, teeth bearing. "Come out and face me, you coward! You'd better still be alive, because I want the chance to beat you senseless!"

There was no reply. More wooden beams collapsed. Sparks of a half-stifled flame erupted to Rainbow's left, then smoldered into nothingness.

Rainbow began panting, her seething breaths reduced to an emotional hyperventilation. Turning and glancing—she suddenly jerked in place.

There, besides a fractured window with a bent metal aperature, the monarch stood, tall and proud, gazing into the eastern light.

Rainbow Dash hissed as she slithered closer to her target. "Only someone as lame and pathetic as you would find a way to cause all of this!" She slammed her hooves down and spread her wings. "Look at me, you stuffed-up, murderous melon fudge!"

Slowly, coolly, Princess Lasairfion pivoted around. Her leering eyes stood out within the shadow that the window's lit frame made.

Rainbow stood in the silhouette of her shadow, snarling angrily. "Look at this! Look at all this carnage that you've caused! And just what have you gained, huh?!"

Lasairfion was silent. Her eyes narrowed on Rainbow.

"I know you aren't on the Xonans' side! So whose side are you on?!" Rainbow Dash bellowed. "And bringing Nevlamas into this! Creating a monster of pain and agony?! Turning two gigantic armies full of angry ponies on each other?! What was it all for, you moron?!" She dashed an inch forward, slamming her hooves against the cracked wood for emphasis. "Answer me! Why did you have to bring chaos and hatred to this stinkin' continent?! Hasn't it suffered enough already?"

Silence.

And then... Lasairfion smiled.

"Hmmmm... you're as feisty as my children have told me, Rainbow Dash. It's a miracle you've survived this far without Applejack to bite onto your tail."

Rainbow Dash's eyes bulged. She limped backwards, one hoof raised, as if dealt a frigid slap to the face. "Who..." Her ruby pupils shrank and her voice cracked, "Wh-what are you...?"

A pair of fangs slid out of Lasairfion's mouth. Her voice took on a deep, vibrating tone, "It's all rather simple 'Austraeoh.' Hatred is just a very passionate form of love." And with that, her eyes flashed green. A ring of fire flashed around her as her mane lifted up, revealing a zig-zagged horn that fired a blast of emerald energy at Rainbow's body.

Rainbow Dash flinched. Her vision flashed, and in her next breath she found herself being blown a hundred feet back in the span of two seconds. Her body slammed hard against a wooden wall, sending pieces of brunt splinters flying everywhere. The moment she slumped to the ground, she heard the flitting sound of gossamer wings. Looking up, she saw a black body levitating over the spot where Lasairfion was. With the flicker of a vomit-green mane, the equine was gone, tearing its way out the hull of the Lightning Bearer and sending a climactic shiver throughout the entire structure.

The ceiling buckled. The walls were collapsing.

Rainbow winced, and that wince turned into a fuming snarl as she shook the cobwebs out, spread her feathers wide, and took wing. She blurred out of the hall of corpses just as the ship began its dreadful implosion.


On the outside, Shell clambered over a wall of debris to get to the exposed interior of the Lightning Bearer. Something sleek shot out the edge of his peripheral vision. He gasped, spinning about. His eye caught something soaring east, the sunlight pouring through its dragonfly wings and porous leg-joints.

Before he could react, a second body zoomed out of the ship beneath him. He gasped, spinning towards the prismatic blur. He levitated the scimitar above him, growling deeply as he attempted to skewer the figure in mid-air.

However, the structure of the Lightning-Bearer rumbled beneath him. He could hear the wooden cross-beams tearing. With something resembling a sob, the battered Prime Enforcer leapt clear off the side, just milliseconds before the deck beneath him collapsed. He fell—flailing—into the dusty mountain's edge as both the Lightning-Bearer and the Steel Wing succumbed to their combined weight behind him.

PreviousChapters Next