• Published 23rd Aug 2013
  • 1,294 Views, 9 Comments

The Elements of Chaos - CroakerGamer



To restore Chaos to Equestria, Screw Ball must embark on a journey for power and find the Chaos within herself.

  • ...
0
 9
 1,294

Chapter Thirteen: One’s a Lonely Number: Screw Ball

Screw Ball’s raw strength regenerated quickly. She launched several, small beams of Chaos at the fillies. The winged ponies were able to dodge, but the other’s took the attack with no protection. Good, Screw Ball thought, keep them apart. They can’t use that Double Rainbow attack if they aren’t in their Heart Formation.

Screw focused on the grounded ponies first, since they weren’t as agile. However, a purple shield blocked Screw Ball’s next attacks. Twilight’s doing no doubt. Screw Ball had no choice but to charge Twilight. Twilight released the spell to meet Screw Ball. Both fillies locked there horns. Screw Ball had trapped herself, immobilized, susceptible to any attack.

Screw Ball felt a tug at her waist. Upon examination, Apple Jack’s rope had appeared. Screw Ball was pulled from the stand off with Twilight and was roped over and over again. Layers of rope now covered her wings. Screw Ball used her Chaos to turn the rope into licorice and buck Apple Jack so hard it sent her flying. Screw Ball flew into the air to observe every pony. She saw that Rainbow Dash was absent.

As this observation was made, Screw Ball heard the noise of the sound barrier being broken. Immediately, she was hit be an object traveling at a stunning speed and was launched towards the ground at a small angle. Screw Ball created a pile of pillows where her impact would be, but her fall was still rough. She looked back at what had hit her and say a ring of colors. She had been hit by a Sonic Rainboom Tackle! But, again, Rainbow Dash was no where near the Rainboom.

Screw Ball panicked. She say no sign of the fillies. When she did they had already formed their Heart Formation. They levitated into the sky. Screw Ball had to do something. She didn’t want to be turned to stone. She launched a giant wave of Chaos at them. Nothing happened. Screw Ball looked around desperately for something, anything to save her. She say the place where the balcony had been. Three figures loomed over the battle: Princess Luna, Celestia, and now Cadence. How long had they been watching?

It was hopeless. Even if Screw Ball could counter the Double Rainbow attack and knock out the ‘mane’ six, she would then have to face the three Princesses. Twilights eyes glowed with pure white light. The Rainbows launched from the pack of ponies. They swirled around Screw Ball, constricting her movements. Was this the end? Screw Balls lack of movement caused her power to build. She could feel her eyes burn, as if they glowed with light as Twilight’s did when she cast the attack. She touched each rainbow with her front hooves and started to turn to stone. She felt her front legs go numb.

“No!” She exclaimed. She used her power to send a shock wave through her hooves. The stone broke and the Rainbows vivid colors faded to several shades of black gray and white. When the entire faded colors reached the six fillies they collapsed. They weren’t used to using that much power in an attack. Screw Ball looked up at the three princesses, now descending. It wasn’t fair, Screw Ball thought. I’m all I have in this world and they have several ponies.

Screw Ball realized the connection she had just made. They were more powerful than her because they had friends. She was weaker because she had no allies. She considered the fact that she was wrong. Screw Ball wanted to search this unexplored world of friendship. Besides, if Discord had betrayed her for it, them it must be worth an examination.

It wasn’t that simple, however. Without moving her powers had stockpiled again. She wanted to surrender, but she had to attack something to release energy. The crown, she thought. She tried to remove it, but the crown was fused to her head. The princesses drew closer. If she fired Chaos, they would retaliate. If she didn’t she wouldn’t be able to hold in the power and something worse may happen.

She tried to speak to the princesses, convince them that she had seen the error of her ways. When she tried to talk she lost focus of the contained power and a beam was shot at Cadence. The blast caused her to fall out of the sky and land with a hard ‘THUD.

“Oh my Celestia, I’m sorry.” Screw Ball tried to apologize. “Please, let me surrender.

“I’m afraid we can’t.” Celestia declined.

Screw Ball’s eyes grew wide. “What do you mean? Please, don’t turn me to stone. I don’t want to be cruel anymore. I want friends and family. I want to lose this power I want to live!” Screw Ball started to cry.

“You’ve caused to much damage her. Punishment needs to occur. I hope you understand.” Princess Celestia and Luna started flying in a circle above Screw Ball. Is this how they turned my father to stone, my daddy? Screw Ball thought.

Screw Ball closed her eyes and excepted her fate. She had just wished it was all a dream. But no, it was really happening. She looked up at the princesses, their horns glowing, ready to cast their spell. She looked at the six fillies. They were dazed, but still cautious of what was happening. Princess Cadence was the same.

She looked at Discord. He had turned to watch the process. His thumb lay on his middle finger, ready to create a noise. A noise Screw Ball had come to know as a sign of Chaos, a sign of joy in her life. The sound it made this time sounded no different. If Screw Ball was to live life as a block of stone from now on, that was the perfect last noise to hear. She stared back at the princesses, they all exchanged glances. Screw Ball nodded her head. The sickening sound of rock hardening around her made her want to pass out, but she stayed strong and smiled until the last hair on her mane was stone.

End of Chapter Thirteen