• Published 22nd Aug 2013
  • 5,419 Views, 160 Comments

Blood ravens: Crashlanding in Equestria. - ThatRarityIsaSpy



What do you get when the dawn of war 2 guys land in Equestria?

  • ...
22
 160
 5,419

Talking with Aliens

“Oh... Twilight.... I hope he’s going to be okay.” A worried Cadence said looking at the battered form of Shining Armor.
“I’ll be fine.” Shining Armor said watching the large group of ponies that crowded around him.
Aside from his parents and sister, there was also his sister’s friends, three fillies and several of his friends.
“That was one fight none of us could forget captain.” Sunblazer, one of Shining Armor’s other lieutenants said. “You really showed that alien that we could fight.”
“Well, no matter how I fought, we still lost. And it’s my fault that 800 ponies are dead and another 200 need medical attention.” Shining armor said glumly.
“Don’t blame it on yourself.” Mrs. Sparkle said. “You did your best. We are proud that we have such a brave colt.”
Still....... Shining Armor thought... he was rather troubled......
Rainbow Dash and Twilight had a few things to say though as everyone else left.
“Those aliens, what do you think about them?” Rainbow Dash asked.

Painfully, Shining Armor got up into a lyra sitting position and his calm eyes showed a hint of fear.
“I don’t know where those things came from and what they plan to do but they were.......” Shining Armor stops and puts his hoofs to his face in a sign of distress. “They slaughtered those under my command, their weapons, their armor, their very bodies are very terrifying to behold.” Taking a moment to pause and recollect himself, Shining Armor once again looks up to continue. “Twily, you remember that spell I used a few years ago?”
“The one where you were able to go through a few solid walls with that? Yes, I do.” She said.
“Well, I remember hitting one of them with that same spell. All I did was knock him over. That’s it..... maybe I may of given that armor he did a small burn... but..... what I am trying to say is, I don’t think we can outfight these things...”
“Maybe outfighting them isn’t the way to go.” Twilight said. “What if.... maybe... we can try talking?”
“Like an embassy?” Shining Armor said. “That could work I suppose.... but these things are just so... so.... violent!”
“You did attack them first......” Twilight said. “So if they decided to strike back, they had a reason to.....”
Shining Armor sighed and grudgingly agreed.
“Fine, go do what you must and speak with these aliens. But be safe, they have utterly massacred half of an entire regiment.”

Twilight nodded. I’ll get Fluttershy. She’ll be helpful in all of this one.




“Oh.... is this really a good idea?” Fluttershy asked timidly. “I mean I can talk with animals, but big scary aliens.... it’s just too much!”
“I know fluttershy.” Twilight said sympathetically. “But listen, the fate of Equestria may hang in the balance! Who knows what they might be planning?!”
Oh... all right.... I just hope we don’t have too much trouble.” Fluttershy said.
“Whoa, Whoa!” Rainbow Dash said cutting between them. “If you two are going into a nest of aliens, then I am coming too!”
“Alright Rainbow Dash, but just don’t do anything rash.” Twilight warned. “Actually, just let Fluttershy and I do the talking. Just watch our flanks for any trouble.”
“Will do!”




“Captain.” Cyrus said to Thule. “We have three more xenos approaching. I’d say they are civilians. One of them is carrying a type of branch. Analysis shows this to match an ancient terran plant called olive trees.”
“An olive branch? That was what our ancestors used to show peace.” Jonah said. “Are they here to talk?”
“They attack us and now have the audacity to talk of peace?!” Thule said outraged. “This is preposterous!”
“As odd as the situation may be, it would be wise to listen to what they have to say.” Tarkus said. “Who knows if they know of ways to send us back to our brothers?”
“Tarkus is right.” Cyrus said. “Maybe these primitives have ways. They seem to have potent psykers and as Jonah said, there is a lot of psykers. Perhaps they can use some form of sorcery to send us back to where we belong.”
Thule was convinced for the time being. Though it was clear he was still a bit angry from the Equestrian’s doing a preemptive strike when he clearly didn’t want any trouble. Something that was a rarity considering his dedication to the Emperor and the teachings of the Imperium.
“Alright, I think I will talk with them personally.” Thule said. “If any of you wish to accompany me, you have the freedom to do so. Just listen, don’t speak unless absolutely necessary.”
“Negotiating with aliens?!” Avitus said outraged. “Why not just massacre them all?! We didn’t want any trouble and they decided to try and kill all of us! Now they are talking of peace? The madness!”
“I share your feelings.” Thule said. “But maybe we can get some answers.”


“So are we seriously going to try and talk to aliens who killed a few hundred ponies?” Rainbow Dash asked. “They are pretty dangerous.... and we saw what one of them did.”
“You have to remember, we attacked them first!”
“That’s cause they were spooking everypony who lives around here!” Rainbow said.
“I really wish all this fighting would stop.” Fluttershy said. “The only thing that’s happened is more and more ponies and animals getting hurt.”
“Fluttershy is right!” Twilight said. “If we are going to stop this all, we must make sure the aliens don’t get the wrong idea!”
“While, WE must also make sure YOU have the sense to leave people be.” Thule said stepping out of hiding.
“We still should of just massacred these tiny xenos.” Avitus muttered.
“Oh..... um..... greetings.... I am Twilight Sparkle... these are my friends Fluttershy and Rainb....”
“The Captain doesn’t want to hear who you are. Just what you have to say!” Avitus said. He was going to continue but was stared down by an icy glare from Tarkus and his other battle brothers.
“Anyways..... I think we’ve met before.....” Twilight said looking at Cyrus, Tarkus and Jonah who indeed did recognize her and Rainbow Dash.
“Ahh... the purple one.” Jonah Orion said. “Now what is it you need to say? We are listening.”
“Well.... I am awfully sorry about.....”
“Trying to kill us?” Avitus said contemptuously. “Maybe think twice abou....” Avitus quickly stopped again as he received more looks of disapproval from his brothers, setting down to grumble to himself.
“Are you sorry about not being able to initially kill us or because we killed your most incompetent excuses of soldiers?” Thule said.
“Captain....” Jonah objected. “She means what she says..... I can feel it...”
Thule’s eyebrow went up and for a moment composed himself.
“Alright, continue.”
“Well.... we just would like to ask if.... you would leave.... you know..... like... don’t scare the poor ponies and critters......” Fluttershy said softly.
Avitus looked like he was going to explode. Gritting his teeth, he wisely decided to stalk off and brood elsewhere.
“Typical.” Tarkus said. “Ignore him, he’s just angry..... like usual. Now then..... I don’t think we scared any of your kind, or ponies if that’s what you're called. The animals were only killed because we like all others need to eat as well.”
“My only question here is why did you attack us?” Thule said.
“I actually don’t know....” Twilight said.
“She doesn’t know......” Cyrus repeated. “You better hope you’re not hiding anything from us.” He said.
“Cyrus... calm yourself. While as illogical as it sounds, she most likely doesn’t know. Something tells me the reason behind all of yesterday’s blood was over a misunderstanding.” Jonah said.
“Of course.” Cyrus said still skeptical. “Then tell us, you chose to strike at someone who was doing the mundane acts of trying to stay here?”
“Well... if I have my story right.” Rainbow Dash said. “After our scouts were chased away, Princess Celestia must of taken you as a threat.....”
“Princess Celestia, is she a ruler of some kind?” Thule asked.
“More than just that. She raises the sun in the day.” Twilight explained. “And her sister raises the moon at night.They are both over a thousand years old.”
“Well... that’s interesting.....” Thaddeus said. “But wait..... that reminds me of....”
“The Emperor.” All the space marines said at the same time.
“So..... now then... you don’t want any blood... and we want to be left in isolation unless absolutely necessary.” Thule said. “I hope we can come to an agreement.”
“I hope...” Twilight said. “But I am just here to ask your stance on it.... Princess Celestia may need to come here personally.... it’s not everyday a few hundred ponies die....”
“A few hundred?”
“Yeaahhhhhh.... that is a rather large number.....” Rainbow Dash said.
“To think there are worlds out there like this one....” Tarkus said. “This truly must be a paradise.......”
“What?”
“Nevermind...”
“So... eh... mister....” Fluttershy stammered. “What’s your name?”
“Captain Thule.”
“So.... Mister Thule... can you promise that you won’t scare any pony?” Fluttershy asked making a rather cute expression in hoping to persuade the space marine.
“I don’t think that’s something we can uphold.... not even you fearless leader yesterday managed to mask his fright....”
“Fearless leader?”
“A psyker in purple armor.” Thule said. “A great fighter in a sea of failures.”
“He’s referring to Shining Armor!” Rainbow Dash said. “Twilight, Shining Armor is still in the hospital because of this gu...”
“Actually, it was I who made him in the state he is....” Jonah Orion said. “But that's beyond the point, I do have my doubts on how this will work.... Space marines after all are hardly accepted in where we come from..let alone on another planet.”
“Jonah is right.” Cyrus said. “It’s almost like the worthless beings we...”
“Don’t you dare talk about them like that!” Thaddeus said. “I know they appreciate our aid. How do and how would you even know that?!”
“Thaddeus, I think I will let experience be your teacher on this one.” Cyrus said. “My point is these little aliens seem to be scared of their own shadows. Let alone our brothers and....”
“Are you calling me a scaredy cat?!” Rainbow Dash said indignantly. “I am the best flyer and the biggest daredevil in Equestria!!”
Cyrus put his hand to his face, these aliens were just too much.
“Why not this? We give them their space, they give us ours! Done!” Tarkus said. “I am more worried about trying to get home then having to deal with a bunch of xenos all day.”
“I agree.”
“As do I.”
“So.... we can come to an agreement?” Twilight said hopefully.
“Maybe.” Thule replied. “Get your princess here. We will then discuss this.... and what’s up with this black rain?” He looked up in the sky and was surprised to see pink clouds.... “Is this a natural weather occurrence on this planet?”
“What in Celestia...” Twilight looked up. “Oh... no....”
“I have a feeling we are going to have bigger problems than just some aliens now.” Rainbow Dash said. “Chaos.”
“Chaos?!” The space marines all asked at the same time. “Where?!”
“I dunno.... that Discord... he only appears when he wants you to see him....” Twilight said. “His magic is truly beyond anything’s!”
“Sounds like the work of Tzeentch.” Jonah said.
“Whatever that is.” Rainbow Dash said. “Listen we are going to have a serious problem on our hands.... this may be too much... but can you help us?”
“To destroy the vile forces of Chaos?! We were all born to do this.” Thule said turning to his brothers he said. “Get every battle brother. Chaos is here and we must purge it.”

Author's Note:

Alright. So, for those of you that haven't put two and two together, Discord is back. However, he's gonna bring a few friends with him to deal with the space marines..........