• Published 18th Aug 2013
  • 6,954 Views, 201 Comments

A Game of Survival - Cabensis



Tired of the usual slumber party formula, Rainbow Dash asks Spike to keep her company to which he reluctantly agrees. Will they survive the night?

  • ...
14
 201
 6,954

Maybe it really will change your life

Chapter 6

Maybe it really will change your life

***

A thing you’ll soon notice as a living, thinking being is that sometimes you make bad life choices. Sometimes a bad decision joined by a bad circumstance leads to implications, accusations, interrogations, terror, disaster, treachery, death, murder. The situation Rainbow Dash and Spike found themselves in simply lead to severe embarrassment, although they might’ve actually wanted to trade that for death.

“R-Rainbow Dash!! What do you think you’re doing?!”

“Oh-h-- gosh! I’m sorry, I mean, um we’re, um, oh my, I’m so happy for you...?”

“Why, pull my tail and slap me in the face, does this mean Ah’m a silly pony for not seein’ it comin’?”

“How, you, did, what, why, he’s, I, you, but, why, I—!”

“Yaahoo!! You finally did it! Dashie! Hey Dashie! What topping would you guys want on your wedding cake!? I was thinking maybe chocolate with those white sprinkles! Or maybe roasted coffee flavoured? Maybe you don’t even want a cake and we should have a wedding panna cotta! Oooh! How about a wedding panna cotta followed by a wedding cake? But, who am I kidding? I mean, ‘hello?’, wedding days totally calls for cake and nothing else!”

Rainbow were sitting on her rump, hunched over, holding her face in her hooves. Words, there were too many of them. Shut up. Shut up. Shutup-shutup-shutup-shutup.

“Hey… RD. Are you okay?”

That was it. Rainbow Dash let her vocal chords rip,

“Everypony, shut up!!”

Everypony did go quiet, save for Pinkie who was still, albeit quieter, making plans for the ‘wedding’. Spike got startled by Rainbow’s fierce reaction, so he had taken a few precautionary steps back. An angry Rainbow Dash was not entirely safe to be around.

Rainbow took a few deep breaths, calming herself before venting her thoughts. “First off, it was an accident. And it wasn’t even a kiss. It was more like our lips touching—”

“By all definitions, in all languages, in all cultures, a kiss.” Twilight interjected. A intensified glare from Rainbow Dash let her know that interruptions when Rainbow was speaking was not approved of in any shape or form, whether scientific or not. Twilight wisely backed off.

“As I was saying, it was a complete accident! There, end of story! Applejack, you’ve always been a silly pony! Fluttershy, you’re my best friend, thanks for your support, but there is nothing to support, okay? And Pinkie, on the wedding day, the cake should have mint frosting!”

Spike furrowed his brow. “Don’t you mean that there will be no wedding?”

Rainbow wheeled around and suddenly Spike found his vision obstructed by fiery magenta eyes. “That’s what I said, didn’t I?

“Yes, ma’am. That’s exactly what you said.” Spike answered very quickly. Unlike the eyes he had seen in the closet, these showed him the fiery depths of Tartarus and the ponies writhing in agony there, promising him a one-way ticket to eternal suffering if he pushed the matter further.

Rainbow stopped burning Spike with her eyes and let out another sigh. The truth was, she did enjoy almost everything that had happened between them in the closet and was annoyed it had ended the way it did, with everypony seeing things and assuming things.

“Rainbow Dash, I’m sorry, but do you expect us to believe the scene we saw was nothing but a complete accident? You were on top of Spike, pinning him to the floor with your muzzle on his!” Rarity spoke with increasingly higher pitch. The unicorn’s mind was in a haze, she felt lightheaded. How could this be happening? Rainbow wasn’t like that! She was a dear friend that’d never take advantage of the weaker; a friend, that had helped her so many times in the past. While her methods and train of thought at times didn’t exactly match hers, she knew that Rainbow wasn’t a bad pony. But this… this!

“Maybe if a certain pink earth pony hadn’t interrupted my spellcasting, this whole thing could’ve been avoided!” Twilight said out loud. Pinkie Pie stopped smiling and put on a sourpuss face.

“Hey! You were trying to ruin everything!”

“No, I was trying to save my assistant from being coaxed into something he didn’t want any part of!” Twilight snapped.

“I really think we all should try to get along…” Fluttershy said meekly.

Pinkie pointed an accusatory hoof a the purple unicorn. “You! You were trying to upset the balance of nature! This was meant to be, just like balloons were meant to be floaty and Rainbow’s wedding cake was meant to have mint frosting!” Pinkie’s eyes widened. “Oh! Dashie! Did you want a cellular peptide cake with mint frosting? I can arrange that, Discord has ties around the universe!”

Rainbow’s mouth opened, closed, then opened again.

“What is… I don’t even—”

“Now wait just a gold darn minute! Are we discussing Rainbow an’ Spike’s smoochin’ fest, or types of cake?” Applejack interrupted, scratching her head with a hoof.

“We are discussing Rainbow and Spike’s… situation!” Rarity emphasized heavily, before quickly turning back to Rainbow Dash. “What do you have to say for yourself Rainbow? Taking advantage of poor young Spikey-wikey like that! You might’ve scarred him for life!”

“Scarred him for life? Are you kidding me? Spike is a tough dude! He can handle anything!” Rainbow scoffed.

Twilight gave a small nod. “Spike can by no means handle anything, but he is very capable, I agree.”

“Whose side are you on anyway?” Rarity said to Twilight accusingly.

Twilight’s face contorted into another frown. “I’m on Spike’s. I just didn’t want him to be forced into something he didn’t want. Once I get that thing clear, everything will be just fine.” Twilight thought about it a minute, hoof to her chin. “You know, we still haven’t asked Spike about what happened.”

Everypony turned to the drake only to find that he wasn’t there.

***

Spike sat on the front porch of the library treehouse, gazing into the dark streets of Ponyville. Almost all lights in all houses were off, save for a few, and the cold summer breeze felt great in his face. The moon painted everything with a mild, blue screen of light, making the small town a truly marvelous sight to behold.

“Mind if I join you?”

Spike looked up to see his long-life friend Twilight Sparkle smiling down at him. He half-heartedly gestured to the empty spot beside him, while Twilight complied and took a seat.

“It’s a very beautiful night. Sometimes I like to put down my late-night studies to just gaze at the stars.”

“Twilight, is Rainbow Dash going to be okay?” Spike asked tentatively, still staring out into the moonlit town.

“Of course she’s going to be fine, she’s Rainbow Dash!” Twilight said, gesticulating with her front hooves. “She’d ‘bust on through this’, as she probably would have said if she was here.” she continued, thrusting a hoof out as if to ‘bust through’ something.

“Please Twi.”

Twilight dropped her smile for a moment before allowing it to come back, albeit a bit smaller. “She’s okay Spike. I think Rarity’s accusation is really bothering her, but she’s okay.”

Spike let the words sink in while the two sat in silence, watching the wind rustle the leaves on the olive green trees. A few clouds passed by the edge of the moon, filtering it’s light into a softer shine. Spike fidgeted with his claws, getting increasingly worried.

“Twilight, what if…”

Twilight turned her gaze to Spike, cocking her head to the side.

“What if the kiss hadn’t been an accident? What if I had wanted to date Rainbow Dash after this?”

Twilight’s eyes widened in surprise, she’d never thought her assistant to be into a mare like the daring pegasus. “Are you saying you want to—?”

“No I’m not,” Spike said quickly, “I’m just wondering how everypony would react to it.”

Twilight froze up. She had never thought of it that way, but how would she react? She’d be happy for him, of course, but… would it work? His feelings for Rarity had always been a subject she looked on lightly, it was after all, a foalhood crush, nothing more. Rainbow and Spike, this… kiss of theirs, was real, a real ‘something’ that would happen in any healthy romantic relationship. Was he ready for it? Heck, was Twilight ready for it?

“I’d be happy for you, of course.” Twilight said, smiling with her eyes.

Spike turned around to finally look her in the eye. “What if I was underage?”

Twilight continued, going on autopilot, “That’d be wrong, but you aren’t underage even if you... look...” Her eyes snapped open.

Of course, it was all so clear now. Her assistant’s worries, Rarity’s accusing tone, it all made sense. She had been an idiot, how could she not have seen it?

“Spike, everypony knows about it, how old you really are. Even Pinkie Pie understood it earlier this evening.” Twilight put a hoof to her chin. “A romantic relationship is not impossible.”

“Rarity didn’t understand, and what about all the other ponies?” Spike continued, “What would happen if all ponies in Ponyville started to see my budding relationship? Would they call the local guard? The royal guard? The princesses themselves!?”

Twilight didn’t respond this time, she only put a comforting hoof on his shoulder. Spike sighed shakily.

“For a brief moment, during our accidental kiss, I felt like it could actually work, a relationship with a pony. Then when I saw the face Rarity made, I remembered why it was impossible. It hurt when I realized it had been hope playing tricks on me.”

Twilight pulled the dragon closer to her side, gently stroking the side of his arm. “None of these things are going to happen, you know. Ponies might whisper and glance, but they won't do anything as silly as calling the royal guard, I guarantee it. You’re overreacting.”

A weak chuckle could be heard from the dragon. “That’s coming from the right pony.”

Twilight gently tapped his chest with her free hoof,. “It’s only fair that the roles are reversed sometimes. But if you have enough strength to make a quip, I suppose you’re feeling at least a little better?”

Spike nodded, smiling a little bit. “Yeah, thanks Twi. You can head on in, I’ll come join you later.”

Twilight mirrored his smile with one of her own and then turned back and entered the library once again. She could see that something was still bothering the drake.

***

“I keep telling you, it was an accident!”

Rainbow was up face to face with Rarity, both having equally intense glares, equally furrowed brows and equal stances, stances that indicated that a fight was inbound unless they resolved the issue faster.

“And I keep saying, it doesn’t matter! You might have done irreparable damage to his innocent mind!” Rarity said, squinting her eyes tighter.

“Spike can take it, he knows it was an accident as well!”

“Well, he might know it intellectually, but his feelings must be in uproar! Confusing thoughts undoubtedly worms their way into his mind right as we speak!”

“Spike is his own grown person! If he can’t handle a little bump in the road, he won’t be able to face anything life throws at him!”

Rarity puffed her cheeks out. “Now, see, that’s where you are wrong. He’s not his own grown person, he’s still a young boy! One that is wise beyond his years, true, but still.”

Rainbow felt her mouth hang open. This was exactly what Spike had told her about in the closet. Rarity truly didn’t see him as a grown up, much less dating material. Dash shook her head, mustering up her previous demeanor.

“So you’ve been leading him on all along? That’s surprisingly nasty of you!”

Rarity grew tense, her pupils shrinking to pinpricks. “I have NOT lead him on!! I have simply been mindful of his feelings!” Rarity breathed long hard breaths, like she had run a marathon and was exhausted. Once she regained her composure, she continued. “Enough of this. It’s beside the point.”

“And your point is? I’ve been dying to hear it for a long time now!”

“My point is, Spike’s too young to court anyone! Explain to him and make him understand that you didn’t mean anything by that kiss.”

Rainbow felt her anger fade away briefly. ‘Meaning’ Rarity said. Had there been any meaning to their kiss? She obviously understood that it had been an accident, but what if the accident hadn’t taken place? Would they still have done it? The setting had been right, Spike’s eyes had been right, and by Celestia that mane stroking thing had been so right

“I don’t need to explain anything to him.”

Rarity was starting to become aggravated with this stubborn mare. “Yes you do—!”

“Shut up, Rares. I’m sorry, but just shut your speech hole for a millisecond!”

Rarity closed her lips tightly, channeling all her frustration into simply pushing her lips tighter. Her patience was wearing thin and she didn’t know how much of this rainbow pegasus’ ignorance she could take.

“I’m gonna tell you this one more time. Spike understands. He’s not a young boy that doesn’t know what to do with himself, he just looks like one because he’s a dragon who doesn’t follow his greed!”

Rarity’s eyes widened as she finally understood why Rainbow was being so forceful. Rarity sighed deeply, almost like she was trying to purge her body of all air. Her eyes were closed, and she waited a few moments before speaking up, a lot quieter compared to her earlier statements,

“Oh… he… he told you as well didn’t he?”

***

Despite what many ponies might’ve said about her, Applejack was a very observant pony. With a large family as the apple family she had learned that there were times when you had to look out for the group’s best. Nothing good would come out of staying in the conflict between Rarity and Rainbow Dash, so when she first sensed it coming, she’d taken the liberty of escorting the rest of her friends back into the kitchen. Twilight had gone to see how Spike was doing, and she trusted that Twilight, if anypony, could get the dragon back on his feet.

“Thank you Applejack, I appreciate your concern.” Fluttershy smiled weakly.

“Don’t fret none, Fluttershy. Ah didn’t want to be there when that bomb goes off either.” Applejack said with a chuckle.

“I… I don’t like it. Why do they have to fight?” Pinkie whimpered from where she laid slumped on the ground before the door leading into the living area.

“Ya see Pinkie, this is what some ponies call arguin’. It’s a long and tough conversation that is supposed to solve problems.”

Pinkie blew a stray strand of hair off her face. “I know what arguing is, it’s bound to happen in any relationship, but why do they have to scream at each other?” she mumbled.

Fluttershy went over and gave Pinkie a reassuring hug. “Pinkie… I don’t like this any more than you do, but this is something they need to solve on their own, in their own way.”
Pinkie heard some clopping behind her and soon felt Applejack’s comforting hoof on her shoulder. “Fluttershy is right, and don’t go thinkin’ this is the end of anything! Our bond together is too strong to be shattered by something like this, you’ll see.”

***

If Rainbow’s mouth had hung open earlier, it completely smashed through the floor this time. “Hold on, what do you mean ‘he told you as well’?”

Rarity paced around the room, not really sure where she should be going or what she should be doing. Her mind was warping back on itself, and all the questions she had asked herself long ago threatened to burst back into her head. “About his dragon nature, age, growth, everything. He has told me all of it.”

“Then why? What’s the deal here?” Rainbow asked, her voice becoming stoic.

“I simply thought that…” Rarity bit her lip. When Spike first had told her, the explanation her mind provided seemed so rational and reasonable, but now that she was forced to face the question under pressure, her answer seemed all the more ridiculous. It would make her sound like a fool, but she had stepped halfway onto the bridge, there was no point in turning back.

“I thought that… he was trying to make me feel okay about dating him.”

Rainbow didn’t say anything in response.

“As I’ve said before, I’ve never questioned his intellect. He knew why I wouldn’t date him, so I thought he told me so I’d get around that. But now that I hear that he told you the exact same story… I could never delude myself with the notion that he was trying to convince me through charading for you. It’s simply too farfetched.”

Rainbow still remained silent. Rarity watched her for any subtle hints of movement, but found none.

“As difficult it is for me to say, I submit that Spike is older than I first may have thought, but… I don’t think I could ever see myself dating him.”

Rainbow then forced herself to ask this following question, for the sake of her draconic friend. “Why? Why can’t you give him a chance? He’s a great--!”

“I know, I know!” Rarity cut her off, stomping her front hooves on the floor in frustration, “But in my eyes, he’s been the young boy with a crush for so long now. I- I don’t think I could ever see him as anything else but a good friend.”

Rainbow felt strangely relieved. She viewed it as a sinful feeling to have considering what she’d just heard. She berated herself for it. Even though he’d given up on Rarity, Spike would probably be devastated if he had heard her surprise confession. But now Dash had all the jigsaw pieces in place, the picture was whole.

“I can understand that, somewhat, I mean. But I think you should at least treat him like you’d treat any grown up.”

“I shall do my best, of course.” Rarity sighed. “I’m sorry for all this, it just all came welling up when I saw you two kissing in that closet—”

“Yup, well, yeah, enough about that.” Rainbow hastily said. “I guess I’m sorry for yelling at you. When I get fired up, I get fired up, y’know?”

Rarity let out a giggle. “That’s actually one thing I can relate to.”

Rainbow walked over to Rarity as she approached her. They stood in front of each other for a while.

“Friends?” Rarity asked carefully, holding up her hoof.

“Friends.” Rainbow smiled, giving Rarity’s hoof a gentle tap with her own.

For a few minutes they were content with just standing across of each other, at least until the sound of hooves slowly clopping together were heard from the other side of the living room.

“I must say, I’m impressed. You managed to solve a very difficult problem without any physical harassment of any kind. This will make a fine letter to the princess!” Twilight exclaimed, while nodding in approval. Both Rarity and Rainbow Dash shook their heads at Twilight, but the feeling of relief still caused a smile to linger on their faces.

The three friends shortly decided to bring the rest of their group back into the living room, now that no threats were present anymore. Applejack, Fluttershy and surprisingly Pinkie as well were very careful when asking how it had gone, not wanting to stir anything up again if the issue hadn’t been resolved. To their great relief it had, and soon enough they joined the rest of the gang in the joy of just being in each other’s company.

It was around this time Spike opened the front door and walked in, having had more than enough time to collect himself after all emotional turmoil.

Only for it to begin anew when he saw Rainbow Dash.

Yes, while Spike had indeed steeled himself for the judgement of other ponies regarding his whole age and growth problem, he had not in the least prepared to meet with the mare he had accidentally kissed. Much to Spike’s discomfort, Rainbow herself didn’t seem particularly bothered at all.

“Hey Spike, what’s up? You okay?”

His entire body stiffened at the sound of her voice, forcing him in place. He tried to speak, but Rainbow’s eyes instantly stole his attention.

Come on Spike! Just say something! Anything will do!

But it didn’t matter what he wanted to do, because his body refused to cooperate. All he could do was look at her face, studying her eyes which were filled with confusion. He then looked at her lips. Those rough, but tender lips.

No! Stop it!

So very kissable.

Stopitstopitstopit!

His pupils instantly darted away, trying to find anything else to look and cling on to. He tried to say something, but his vocal chords were stubbornly stiff, instead producing a small squeak.

What the heck was that!? I don’t even feel embarrassed. I just want to die!

“Why don’t you let me take care of this Rainbow, and I’ll get you a working Spike the Dragon shortly.” Twilight joked, stepping in between the two. Rainbow agreed to this with an awkward chuckle and returned to her spot in the living room.

Twilight looked on, making sure Rainbow was out of earshot, then pushed Spike yet a little further away from the group.

“What are you doing?”

“I… I don’t know.” Spike mumbled, “I just can’t talk to her after what happened.”

“You were perfectly fine just after getting out though.” Twilight noted.

“Well, I didn’t have time to be embarrassed, you guys were shouting all sorts of stuff at us!” Spike said with a huff and a puff of smoke from his nostrils.

Twilight nodded in understanding, but her eyes remained firm. “Still, get your act together. You’ll have to talk to her sooner or later you know.”

Spike’s brows furrowed. “First you say I’m overreacting, then you tell me to get a grip? Is this how it’s like to be you?”

Twilight frowned and opened her mouth to say something, but returned to the girls with a groan instead.

Spike was left standing awkwardly in the middle of things, halfway between the exit and the group. He glanced at the door behind him, wondering if it’d be for the best if he just left. He could go to Sweet Apple Acres, they’d surely let him stay overnight.

Spike then looked forward towards the girls. They were swept up in the general atmosphere of the slumber party, talking and joking all the same. He looked at each of them and saw that they were all happy. They probably didn’t even need him there. They probably wouldn’t even notice he was gone.

When he laid eyes upon Rainbow he saw that while she also seemed quite content with the situation, she occasionally glanced in his direction. He quickly looked away whenever she did though, not daring to look her in the eye.

No matter what he felt about it, he realized that taking his leave would only make things harder later. And so he reluctantly trudged over to the six mares, careful to avoid eye contact with anypony, particularly Rainbow Dash.

The girls were all swept up in their respective conversations as he took his seat on the familiar armchair, prompting the drake to let out a sigh of relief at the lack of attention from the party.

“Hey Spike, is everything cool?” a familiar voice said. Spike instantly tensed up again, knowing who it belonged to.

“C-cool? Yeah, everything is cool! Haven’t been cooler!” he stuttered, gripping the hand rests of the armchair tightly.

“You sure? You seem kinda off.”

“Must be your imagination.” Spike answered stiffly.

Rainbow Dash wasn’t sure what to make of Spike’s behavior. The only thing she knew for sure was that it was starting to annoy her. Why was it that he could barely speak a sentence now? And for the love of all the sun reaches why couldn’t he look her straight in the eye? Rainbow had experienced ponies not looking her in the eye before, Fluttershy was a prime example of that, but this was different.

This was Spike, someone who would usually banter with her and wasn’t afraid to speak his mind, usually with a dose of sarcasm. Seeing him outright refuse to look at her was unnerving to say the least.

“I mean, why would I be off? Nothing unusual has happened right?”

Rainbow reached for something across of her mattress, not taking her eyes off the dragon before her.

“Just the normal everyday slumber party, right?”

She gripped the object tighter, and swung it.

“So there’s no reason for anything to be— oof!”

Spike didn’t know what hit him until he found himself on the living room floor with a grumpy pegasus hovering above him with a large pillow between her front hooves.

“Look at me damn it!” she growled, her glare growing more piercing by the second. “I hate this thing you’re doing!”

Spike could only look at her dumbly with his mouth agape.

“I…” he started, but as soon as he realized that he was staring straight at her he turned his head away. “...don’t know what you’re talking about.”

“See, that right there!” Dash exclaimed, “Why can’t you look me in the eye?! If you have something to say, say it to my face!”

“I can’t, okay?! I can’t look at you!” Spike shouted in frustration. “Just leave me be!”

“To Tartarus with that.” Dash whispered, but it was a whisper intertwined with a hiss. “If you’re not going to face me on your own, I’m going to make you do it!”

The drake’s eyes widened as he looked down at his claws. He balled them into fists, feeling Dash’s proclamation aggravating to say the least. Just because she liked to dive into things head first did not mean he wanted to. After all, living with Twilight did not go without it’s consequences, and one of the things he’d picked up was being cautious and calculating. Doing things without thinking even just a little bit was something that spelt disaster in his mind, and throughout the evening it had proven painfully true.

“Hey Dashie? Does this mean it’s time for a...?” Pinkie whispered, a grin tugging at the corners of her mouth.

Rainbow turned her gaze to Pinkie and confirmed with a small nod. “Pillow fight. Get the supplies, we’re going to war. Just leave Spike to me, you can have everypony else.”

Pinkie gave a mock salute, and turned to the rest of the group.

“Ya think you can take the four of us alone, huh, Pinkie?” Applejack said with a confident smirk. Twilight nodded in agreement with Applejack’s statement, giving a small confident smile of her own.

“Pff. This is the most unrefined part of any slumber party. Count me out.” Rarity said with a small huff. She liked the entire concept of slumber parties, the makeovers, the chatting, the secrets and the like. Pillow fights were the rare exception.

“Boo!” Pinkie whined. “Come on Rarity! Applejack and Twilight needs all the help they can get if they want to take me on!”

This perked Twilights ears, prompting her to take a step forward. “Please Pinkie Pie. Let’s be realistic here, the odds of you not becoming a mountain of pillows is below two percent. I’ve done the math.”

“How you do math on things like that Ah have no idea.” Applejack whispered to nopony in particular.

Pinkie giggled in a lighthearted fashion. “Oh Twilight, Twilight, Twilight. I eat math for breakfast!” She then pondered her statement for a second. “And for lunch I eat some realism with a side of sliced science! Some magic theories for dessert is also good before finishing off with a bottle of 4th wall soda!”

Twilight just blinked a few times, once again wondering if Pinkie was completely insane or just messing with her. Knowing Pinkie it might be a little of both.

Applejack shook her head with a smile, having known the party pony for such a long time that she never bothered trying to understand her inner workings anymore.

Suddenly a pale green pillow soared past the three ponies, just barely avoiding them all… but hitting Rarity right in the face. The fashionista shook her head a few times after the shock, trying to orient herself.

“Oh my gosh! I-I’m sorry Rarity.” a quiet voice came from across the room. At the opposite end of them stood Fluttershy, looking really guilty.

Rarity gave her a wry smirk. “It’s quite alright Fluttershy. Although…” she said as her horn started to glow, encasing the thrown pillow along with her own in a pale white aura. “...if you expected to get no form of retribution you will be sorely disappointed!”

The guilt on Fluttershy’s face melted away into a mixture of fear and relief, though the latter was more prominent. She managed to dodge the first pillow as it flew towards her, but the second hit her in the side.

“Aw yeah! Rarity is game! Let’s do this!!” Pinkie exclaimed, hoof-pumping the air.

A short distance away Rainbow watched, nodding with an approving smile. Now that everypony was preoccupied she could finally focus on the matter at hoof. She returned her gaze to the small drake before her. He was still not about to look in her direction anytime soon it seemed, further fueling her drive to make him do it.

She was going to give him one more chance.

“Hey Spike.”

The dragon continued to stare off into the distance, but she saw in his eyes that he had indeed heard her.

“Stop being a stupid half-pint and look at me while you talk.”

He snarled at the comment, squinting his eyes at whatever he was looking at in the distance. Rainbow narrowed her eyes at him.

“Alright then. Prepare to get your tail handed to you.”

Author's Note:

*Rises from the grave*

Comments ( 38 )

Yummy! More please! :rainbowwild::pinkiehappy:

Dear God...

You're still alive!!??

6796234
I cling to life the best I can :rainbowlaugh:
I have promised I'll finish this story, so I can't very well die now can I?

Spike better not just sit there and let himself be talked down to by Rainbow Dash, I also hope he ends up making her get her tail handed to her, because you know he is a dragon and Spike is my home boy

HAPPY NEW YEAR!

I had completely forgotten about this... It was a nice discovery. I kind of feel like Lara Croft, searching through musty tombs and climbing stark cliffs to find rare treasures of a long-forgotten time... Glad to see you aren't completely dead! How'd you enjoy your stay in the coffin?

6796580
Searching through the catacombs of Fimfiction can be quite rewarding.
As for the coffin, other than Bigblackclock and Rainbow87dash trying to kill me by burying it, it's not really therapy for your back if you catch my drift.

On a more serious note, I really needed a break from all this. Now I can continue until season 6 hits.

And thus world war 3 began

IT LIVES :pinkiegasp: yay :pinkiehappy: can't wait for more :twilightsmile:

Happy to see you're back! I can't wait to see more of this story.

Woooo!!!!! Alright back from the dead huh? Lol anyways awesome job as usual bro :twilightsmile:can't wait for new update\chapter keep up the awesome work!!:moustache:

This was already the best year ever but a new chapter for this story was the cherry on top.

Please continue :twilightsmile:

JC

I'm so happy to see this story updated, especially since it seems like there's been a dearth of Spike/Mane 6 shipping lately.

Continue! :pinkiehappy:

YES! You have returned! And you brought a great update.

Can't wait to see this "fight"!:moustache::rainbowdetermined2:

This was great fun. This really has some of the pure fun of the canon show, though of course it deals with something we'll probably see less of in canon.

One thing you should know though: You use "went" wrong, in places where it should be "gone". You only use "went" when it is without an additional verb. So "I/he/whatever went somewhere" but it is "I/he/whatever has/have gone somewhere". Does that make sense?

Anyway, good to see that you're alive. Or undead.

Happy writing.

6814167

Yeah, now that you mention it, it looks completely wrong. I've changed the words I believed were incorrect.
I'm sure there are a lot more things wrong with it grammatically, but you have my thanks for minding my fragile self-esteem.

Upwards and onwards, I suppose :twilightsmile:

6815620 Well, those were the only grammatical errors I saw and I'm pretty strict about it, so there probably weren't that many other problems. I usually spot those.

You fixed the problems as far as I can tell. Gotta love ctr+f. Makes checking so much easier. :twilightsmile:

I bet my face looks like this after this update :pinkiecrazy:

Okay why have I not read this story earlier? It's been sitting in my read later tab for a while now. And guess what this story receives an insta fav and follow from me. Now I demand that another chapter be released ASAP(AKA yesterday).
But in all seriousness I can't wait for chapter 5 and I hope it comes far faster then what I see the other chapters have come out.
But I will wait and anyways I still got like 30+ stories in my read later tab so it's not like I'm going to run out of stories anytime soon.
Well I'll read ya later
-BFBL

MORE CHAPTERS PLEASE THIS STORY IS SO GOOD!

“Oh! Dashie! Did you want a cellular peptide cake with mint frosting? I can arrange that, Discord has ties around the universe!”

vignette3.wikia.nocookie.net/memoryalpha/images/6/6b/Cellular_peptide_cake.jpg/revision/latest/scale-to-width-down/320?cb=20141214215057&path-prefix=en

Pinkieeeee, that kills people!

Nice story! Noticed a mistake though, your last chapter says chapter 5 at the top, and so does this one. :)

I read the prequel and it was really good! I won't be reading this sequel for a while until it has finished so...can you do me a favour and message me on my profile page once it finishes so I can read it?
Much Thanks!

7161423

Sure thing!
Beware that you may very well have grandchildren by the time it's finished though :twilightblush:

7161657 It's okay. I'll wait!

Dear Lord baby Jesus above I need more. Ugh...

MOAR:pinkiegasp::pinkiegasp: it is da best thing EVER:pinkiesmile:

WHY YOU NO UPDATE PLS make mooore :fluttercry:

I need more, this was amazing

Owh mah godddd! You are the most amazing movie ever!!!❤❤

7161657
HEY I'M FROM 2017 AND NO UPDATE!! WE NEED MOAR PLSSS

is I'd so good but now I'm wondering if it's been left for dead

“Yup, well, yeah, enough about that.” Rainbow hastily said. “I guess I’m sorry for yelling at you. When I get fired up, I get fired up, y’know?”

Rarity let out a giggle. “That’s actually one thing I can relate to.”

Rainbow walked over to Rarity as she approached her. They stood in front of each other for a while.

“Friends?” Rarity asked carefully, holding up her hoof.

“Friends.” Rainbow smiled, giving Rarity’s hoof a gentle tap with her own.


To think Season 8 will have an episode similar to this:
S8 E17
The End in Friend — Rarity and Rainbow Dash begin to question why they are friends when they can’t find anything they both like to do together.

8872034
It was just a sarcastic joke......













Hinting towards references in future episodes :pinkiehappy:

8872034
Please update the story.

Maybe someday we will be graced with an update..

Login or register to comment