• Published 18th Aug 2013
  • 9,495 Views, 177 Comments

The Legend of Zelda: Equestria - James



After Link saved Hyrule and Midna returned to the Twilight Realm, Link continues to travel the land for adventure. A year has passed and our hero in green revisits the Sacred Grove where the Master Sword resides only to later discover a portal.

  • ...
15
 177
 9,495

Chapter 7

After the situation at Sugarcube Corner, the six mares arranged a meeting at Twilight's library tonight to discover more about Link's world, as well as Link understanding theirs. Although Twilight didn't like the thought of waiting to ask her questions to the hero, she knew that the first priority was to show him around the main parts of town. Applejack, Rarity, Rainbow Dash, and Fluttershy having other things to attend to, they departed with goodbyes to Twilight, Pinkie Pie, and Link. With the other mares gone, it was up to the purple unicorn and the party pony to give the tour of Ponyville.

"Well you already know Sugarcube Corner." Twilight said as she pointed towards the bakery.

Link nodded as he looked when he realized.

"Is that gingerbread?"

"I know right? Isn't it amazing?" Pinkie said excitedly.

Link nodded again as they were walking away while thinking of a possible ant infestation in the bakery.


Walking down the streets of Ponyville, many of the residents greeted Link with a decent look, but most still seemed a tad uncomfortable, especially when they realized he had a weapon. Still, nopony thought it seemed dangerous due to the presence of Princess Celestia's protege and the pink party pony. The effects of the Link's welcome party also calmed the residents to a degree. As for the ponies that did not know of Link's arrival at all, most of them screamed on sight and ran as fast as their hooves can take them.

Fortunately, it wasn't that often.

"Here's our first stop Link! Ponyville's town square and town hall! Look! It's the mayor!" Twilight announced.

A tan earth pony with a scraggly grey mane and tail walked towards the trio with a warm smile.

"You must be Link. So sorry I wasn't able to introduce myself during your welcome party. I may have been a little...tipsy. Anyway, my name is Mayor Mare. I'd like to give you a warm welcome to Ponyville."

Link smiled and nodded in thanks. Mayor Mare smiled and nodded as well, but before she walked away, she whispered in Twilight's ear.

"He's a handsome fellow."

Twilight blushed as Mayor Mare walked away, laughing.

"What she tell you?" Pinkie asked.

"N-nothing! Okay, where to nex-"

Twilight was interrupted when Link was tackled by a certain mint green unicorn.

"LINK! Ohmy, it is sooo good to see you again. You still smell wonderful..."

"LYRA!" Twilight yelled.

"What?"

"Stop saying that!"

"I can't say it's good to see someone again?"

"No! Stop saying that Link smells good-" Twilight smacked a hoof over her mouth.

Lyra gasped. "You think that too? You can join my new club~"

"Ooh! What kinda club?" Pinkie Pie asked.

"The 'I love Link' club."

"WHAT?!" Twilight yelled.

The blushing purple mare started shouting things at Lyra in the middle of town square. Meanwhile, Link was rubbing the back of his head and slowly backed away, hoping not to be caught in the conversation. While taking a couple steps back, he bumped into a cart full of expensive looking sound equipment, which toppled over from the impact.

"Hey! Watch where you're going bub!" A female voice yelled.

Link turned around to see a white unicorn pony with an electric blue mane and tail. She was wearing a pair of purple shades and had a mark that Link recognized as a musical note.

Wait a mark?

This was the first time Link has completely noticed the mark on the flank of the mare in front of him. That's when he realized that he vaguely saw something on the other ponies flanks beforehand as well. What was it for?

"H-hey! Get your eyes off my butt dude!"

Link snapped out of his train of thought in surprise and realized that he was staring at the mare's flank the entire time he laid eyes on her.

"I-I'm sorry, I-"

The white unicorn interrupted Link. "First you knock over my expensive ass new stereos and n-now you're ogling me!"

"I'm sorry! I-"

"My first impressions on you were wrong! I never took you for a- hey, wait a minute."

The white unicorn took Link's hand in one of her hooves. She examined it closely as Link grew more and more uncomfortable. She let go and looked at Link with a pondering expression.

"I never got to really look at you real close at the party, but you got some interesting hooves or er, something."

Link wasn't surprised. Twilight had said before that the only thing that was similar to his hands were the minotaur's hands, which were not common around Ponyville. Only a few ponies know about the minotaur's up close. After some time, the white pony suddenly perked up with an idea.

"Even though you're a total perv, your...hooves can be pretty useful for playing some tunes. How about you come by my place when you're free? Think of it as payment for the possible damages you just did to my equipment."

Link looked at her, and then at the fallen equipment, which looked like it had no scratches on it, and then back to her.

"I'll file a report for sexual harassment." The unicorn said.

Link quickly nodded.

The white pony smiled. "Nice, name's Vinyl Scratch, other ponies also call me by my stage name, DJ Pon-3!"

Link looked very confused. A stage name? And what kind of equipment is that? What is the mark for? This world is so different from mine. Link knew that he would be asking many questions tonight at the meeting. After he helped Vinyl get her equipment back in the cart, she gave him her address and left. Link started to walk back where Twilight and Lyra were arguing, when he was tackled again by the same mint green blur.

"I thought you were gone forever my love."

Link slightly groaned.

I want some milk.

Author's Note:

Another short chapter, sorry. Like always, thanks for reading.

Comments ( 45 )

Alcoholic Chateau Romani, or just regular milk Link?

3841954 That depends; what's this version of Link like when drunk. If some random villain decides to crash into Ponyville, I would love to see a re-enactment of drunk Red vs Dark Link. :rainbowlaugh::rainbowlaugh:

3842360 OH NO ITS THE SUPER COCK!!!

he shoved a stick up dark links ass so hard....

I love the updates. But could you make the chapters a little longer? It feels a bit short for me.

-sighs- when's some evil guy gonna bust into town?

OH OH OH! Better yet, when will Twilight make Link explain to her how he can become a wolf! I wanna see that chapter!:rainbowkiss: heheheheeh

Short and sweet. Nice. Also, the interaction between Link and Vinyl Scratch was funny.



~ Super-Brony12

This story's "revival" makes me shed a single manly (don't get any idea's) ... Sniff. :fluttercry:

This is a rly good story. :moustache:

Somethin' tells me that Twlight is developing a crush on Liiiiiink...:raritywink:
Twilight: :twilightoops: W-what???? N-not at all! :twilightblush:
Me: Oh, sure you are, and don't you deny it! :trollestia:
Twilight: I don't know what you're talking about! :twilightsheepish:

So I guess updates will be slow, right?

4057096 I agree so does Lyra amd Vinyl

I first started reading this story before I got this account, so as a result I lost it... but now... after all this time (1+ months) I have found it again. Now to see if it's a good as I remember... and to help hold me over until the other stories that I'm following update... Prepare for the onslaught of "MORE!!!'

4284594 to be perfectly honest, when I first played the games, I thought that I was playing as Zelda... I figured it out quickly, but not before I had named Link Zelda. :facehoof:

Well! I read up to the most recent chapter and my response is: "meh"
not bad, just "meh"
It was Okay until the part where he first say the cutie marks... how did he not see them before? and I would think that he would have more manners than to just go right up to someone's butt and stare at it... :facehoof:
and that's what brought it down to "meh"
maybe change it so that he doesn't seem obsessed with the marks...

3842360 YES! ANOTHER FAN! haha....his ass is the new pedistal of time :trollestia: :rainbowlaugh: :yay:

Please tell me you haven't given up on this one. I really want to see where this is going.

I'm still here.

please tell us your alive I dont want to see another brilliant work of writing goto waste!
t3.gstatic.com/images?q=tbn:ANd9GcQJ5TwpmtM19bd4blsdmVV7qO3a6qxycDgQexF1_sqhnCcn9ahBmaYE7oU

hey guys I found this on youtube its quite interesting check it out

AUTHOR! LINK WANTS MILK! IT'S YOUR DUTY AS THE WRITER TO GIVE SOME TO HIM!!!!!!!!!!:pinkiecrazy: please write something.....

This just serves to be judged..... 10/10! :pinkiehappy: I tricked you! But that out of the way, it's an excellent story! I can just see the things happening! I really hope you add another chapter soon, because this story is just.... AWESOME! Keep up the good freakin' work, dude! :twilightsmile:

OMG I LOVE THIS! :pinkiehappy:
PLZ GIVE US MORE!
Also if there is any way we can work together?..
i am also doing a link crossover story and i think we might be able to help each other out... please message me if you are interested!

:moustache:

I am still here! Fighting SATs right now. I. Will. Not. Abandon. Anyone. :flutterrage:

5008094 ... I know that feel bro, I know that feel.

Is midna going to appear in this story?

Is midna going to appear in this story?

5046681
OH GOD, YES!!!!


MIDNA MUST APPEAR!!!:flutterrage:

5008094

The worst enemy know to man....

SATs!!!

(God help us all...Godspeed man...)

Oh celestia please have midna appear. This story is a little (sorta) perverted. Although i love it so much. definitely keeping in check w/ it. Keep it up!

I demand an update! If you fail to give me one, I shall be forced to take drastic measures. Said measures include, Filling Pinkie pie with 7 pots of coffee, and 7 cans of red bull, Giving her a Giant Robot, and sending her your way :pinkiehappy:

But in all seriousness, I hope to see an update to this very interesting story soon! :twilightsmile:

5940045 Lol. In due time, this story will start up again. Unfortunately, it won't be for awhile. Apologies. Thanks for reading!

What type of MILK does he want?

That was awesome I'm writing a LOZ MLP crossover too (but yours is probably better oh well)

5046681 I hope so. If you can't tell from my pro pic I live Midlink

6723874 I hope this fiction will have linkxmidna moment. Did you see Zelda Twilight Princess HD trailer?

I enjoy reading this. Pray, continue. :ajsmug:

classic milk=alcohol for link stereotype I love it

when he was tackled again by the same mint green blur.

Note: Have you ever seen Link's shield anywhere between his side and a monster's face when you follow a slash with a shield bash?
Link can beat a blur- and Lyra will have a headache, as nothing short of a ball & chain will move his shield. Even then, I never tested...

8681584
Link: you wanna go in this Pokeball? no? Then bring me more milk.

Login or register to comment