• Published 18th Aug 2013
  • 9,493 Views, 177 Comments

The Legend of Zelda: Equestria - James



After Link saved Hyrule and Midna returned to the Twilight Realm, Link continues to travel the land for adventure. A year has passed and our hero in green revisits the Sacred Grove where the Master Sword resides only to later discover a portal.

  • ...
15
 177
 9,493

Chapter 4

Link's first idea was to run. But the idea was quickly removed when he realized he still couldn't move his legs. The lingering effects of the spiders poison was still there and he knew that he would not get far. Twilight noticed that the creature visibly started to panic.

"Wait! Uh... don't be scared! I just, um, I just want to ask a few quest- he can talk right?"

"Oh, uh, y-yes." Fluttershy stammered.

"Yeah!" Twilight turned back to Link. "I wanted to ask a few quest- where'd he go?"


Although it took Link great effort, his arms were healed enough for him to operate his double clawshot. The first clawshot was aimed through the window towards a branch that was thick enough for the claw to hold onto. He was propelled through the window and was now hanging onto the branch. With his other clawshot, he aimed it at another branch and soared through the air again. After he kept maneuvering his way from branch to branch, the hero in green looked behind him to see if any of the ponies were following him. He breathed a sigh of relief when he saw no one on the ground. Link turned back around only to turn back again when he heard a loud battle cry.

"CHAAAAARRRGEEEEE!!!"

Before Link could react, a cyan pegasus rammed right into him, causing him to fall to the ground with a THUD! Dazed, the hero in green tried to get up, only to fall back on his face. He heard the sounds of hooves hitting the ground in front of him and slowly lifted his face up. In front of him were the ponies he met the other day, Zecora and... a purple dragon!? There's dragons here too? At least it's not like the one that attacked Ooccoo's home. What else does this place have? But his thoughts were interrupted when the unicorn he revived spoke up.

"Um, please don't run. My name is Twilight Sparkle! I've never seen your kind so may I ask a few questions? I promise that we won't do anything bad to you. I also wanted to properly say thank you as well."

Link cautiously got up. He looked into Twilight's eyes with suspicion, but he slowly nodded. Twilight and the rest of her friends sighed in relief.

"Let us discuss in my hut, for talking here is for a nut."

Twilight nodded to Zecora and the whole group started walking back to Zecora's hut. The hero in green took position behind the group as they walked. The purple unicorn kept an eye on Link to make sure he didn't try to escape again. When they all reached the hut and settled inside, Twilight got straight to questioning.

"What ARE you?"

"Hylian."

"I've never heard of a Hylian before."

"It's because I'm not from here."

"What do you mean?"

Link sighed. "I think I've been transported to another world."

The whole group except Link were dumbfounded.

"You see, I used to be in a land called Hyrule. But then, a portal appeared out of nowhere and lured me in. After I woke up, I was in a field and met you." Link pointed towards Fluttershy, who flinched visibly and squeaked in fright.

"I apologize if I frightened you. I was merely showing you the answer of how I could speak with you and all the animals in this land. I am able to turn into a beast. The communication from my beast form carried on to my Hylian form."

"Please show us." Twilight said, extremely intrigued with the hero in green.

Link stared, and then shrugged. He reached into his pouch and touched the shadow crystal. Immediately, he turned into a large, mostly black, wolf. Everyone gasped and backed away from Link. Not wanting to cause more trouble, he quickly used the Master Swords light to restore him back to his Hylian form.

"How do you do that?" the orange earth mare asked.

"It is a long story that I would not like to experience again."

"So let me get this straight. You're an alien from another universe?" The cyan pegasus asked.

"Rainbow Dash!" Twilight scolded.

"What? That's awesome!"

"I do not wish to stay here. There are people I care about that are back in Hyrule and I must go to them before they start to worry." Link stated.

"It's strange though isn't it?" Twilight said, "Why would a random portal appear right next to you and suck you in? Isn't it like fate? Maybe there is a reason you're here?"

"Perhaps, but nothing significant has happened am I right?"

"Actually, something very strange but amazing happened recently." The white unicorn said. "When we carried our previously deceased friend, Twilight, out of the forest, she was brought back by the presence of some sort of flying pink ball."

Link shook his head. "No, that isn't strange to me. That fairy belonged to me."

"Fairy?!" Everyone except the hero in green cried in unison.

"That flying creature was my fairy. Fairies have a unique ability that lets them revive anyone that dies."

Twilight's eyes widened. "So that means...oh. Oh my gosh, thank you I-"

"Don't thank me. It was my fault for leading you into your death."

"But still, you used it on someone who you barely knew and yet you could've used it for yourself."

"Not to mention that we were chasing you before." Rarity reminded.

"He's not such a meanie-mcmeanie pants after all! Right Fluttershy?" Pinkie Pie said.

Fluttershy meekly nodded.

Applejack spoke up, "We can't thank you enough for what you did for our friend, but that don't explain why you're here."

An idea struck Twilight.

"Maybe we can ask Princess Celestia? She might not know exactly why he's here, but she might have some sort of idea."

Everyone except Link made sounds of agreement.

"You have a Princess too? Can we trust her?"

"I'm her personal student. I trust her with my life."

"Will she know a way to get me home?"

"I'm not sure, but we can ask."

After a few seconds, Link nodded.

"Perfect! I'd still like to ask a few more questions about your world but for now, let's all introduce ourselves!" Twilight said.

"Hi! My name is Pinkie Pie and I looove throwing parties! I'll make sure to throw you one as a welcome party!"

"I'm Rainbow Dash! Fastest flier in all of Equestria!"

"Name's Applejack, farmer at Sweet Apple Acres."

"I am Rarity. I make beautiful dresses for anypony who needs it."

"I'm Spike, Twilight's assistant."

"Uh, I'm Fluttershy."

"Fluttershy! Her name is Fluttershy." Twilight said.

"Link."

"Well Link, you should come with us so we can get to the train station faster when the day comes to visit Princess Celestia." Twilight explained. "We'll figure a way to get you on the train without any trouble."

Link nodded and got up. He walked over to Zecora and took out a shiny, purple rock out of his pouch and held it out to the confused zebra.

"This is my currency back in my world. It may not be worth anything to you, but it is to me. Think of it as a thank you gift for saving my life."

Zecora smiled and took the rupee from Link's hand. She placed it on the shelf and turned back towards the hero in green.

"Good luck to you and everyone else's travels, for I hope a safe journey unravels."

Zecora then proceeded to wink at Link, just like Telma did to him. A look of surprise came over Link's face, but it was soon replaced by a small smile. After they all said their goodbyes to Zecora, the six mares, Spike and Link started walking out of the Everfree Forest. Zecora provided Link with a bottle of her poison remedy before he left so he was able to walk more easily. As they were walking towards Ponyville, Twilight spoke up.

"Oh yeah, Link, this might not sound very joyful to you after all that has happened but, welcome to Equestria."