• Published 18th Aug 2013
  • 9,684 Views, 125 Comments

Tales of Fate: A new Future - Navanastra



This is a story about a lonely, depressed rich youn man named Julius who lost his parents at a young age and was forced to endure everything on his own without any friends or family but on one night he will find something that will change his life

  • ...
16
 125
 9,684

Chapter 14: Camping and emerging danger (Final)

/Chapter 14 Camping and emerging Danger (part3)/


“I knew it, I freaking knew it, how could I have not seen this sooner,” I scolded myself as I quickly grabbed my jacket and headed outside towards my car as fast as I could.

Just around half an hour ago I got a visit from a strange looking guy asking some very private and unusual questions, particularly about my two little fillies.

After just a few minutes of him just asking questions and me simply asking him back what this was all about, I sternly ordered this strange man to leave to which, to my surprise, he graciously did without any arguments or resistance whatsoever as he immediately left for the front gate and disappeared.

It was in that moment that I suddenly saw the strange black car moving in the corner of my eye and driving past my property up the road and towards the area where the big forest is, the same location where my two little fillies were camping at.

At that moment all the alarm signals inside my head started to go off at once as I suddenly realized exactly what was going on here.

I had to go and follow them and reach Celestia and Luna first before they do, and fast.

I immediately jumped into my car as soon as I reached it and began to quickly turn on the engine, and without even bothering to close the door I quickly slammed on it and raced out of my drive through and onto the road to give chase at the black looking car up ahead.

Luckily for me the door managed to close itself as I continued to step on it.

Judging by the look of the guy and the fact that the car is a black BMW must mean that these guys must be from the government.
It never really crossed my mind all these years that something like this would ever happen which was absolutely stupid and careless, and now I am paying the price for my naivety.

“I have to get to them before they do. Government or not, these two are still my little daughter and they have no right to take them from me. My little fillies don’t deserve this,” I told myself in seriousness as I continued to race up the road to catch up with the black car in the distance.

Luckily I know one thing that these agents don’t: a little dirt road into the woods that can easily get me to them quicker than that man…I hope.

Driving into the woods at night would be normally a dangerous thing to do simply because of the limited visibility, but since it is a full moon tonight it shouldn’t be not much of a problem than it usually would.

“I just hope that I can get to them before these guys can,” I told myself as I took a hard turn to the left into the woods and followed the little dirt road towards the lake.

……………………………………………………………………………………………………………………………...

(Celestia’s POV)
“Sis…Sis wake up…BIG SIS,” I suddenly heard someone shout within my sleep.

“BIG SIS!!!” they said again, this time louder and clearer than the last.

That immediately woke me up from my peaceful and relaxing slumber, to which I slowly turned myself away from while also grumbling a bit in annoyance.

“…Lulu…go back to sleep…it is too late to get up. It’s still dark outside,” I drowsily told her as I grabbed my pillow and rolled it around my head to.

After that I could immediately feel someone or something grabbing my back and beginning to shake me violently which forcefully removed any trace of sleepiness from me in the most annoying way possible.

I quickly shot up from that and immediately turned around and faced the one who was responsible for it.

“LUNA!!! WHAT ARE YOU…?” I started to shout in complete annoyance but quickly became muted by my sister’s hoof invading the insides of my mouth.

I quickly pulled it out of my mouth in an instant as I began to rub my tongue with both of my fore hoofs in utter disgust after realizing that one of my sisters dirty hoofs were touching my tongue.

“Shsss…not so loud sis. Be quiet,” Luna whispered back as I was too busy rubbing my tongue with my fore hooves.

After rubbing my tongue out from the taste of her hoof I faced my little sister with both annoyance and slight anger.

“Luna, what the heck…what’s all of this commotion?” I asked her in a normal volume while also showing my annoyance to her.

“Please sis be quiet and I will promise that I will explain everything,” Luna whispered.

I was still pretty annoyed with her for forcefully waking me up like that, but that quickly changed after seeing her distressed and scared face.

“Luna…what…what’s wrong?” I asked her, this time with more sympathy and worry in my tone.

Luna simply looked at me with her worried and slightly frightened look before she moved closer to me.

“There is something or someone outside our hut,” Luna whispered to me.
“I already went outside earlier to check what all that strange noise and light here when you were still sleeping and found out after going deeper into the woods that it were a few strange looking guys scouting around the forest.

After staying hidden and listening to some of their conversations it seems like that this strangers are here looking for US,”
Luna quickly added with wide eyes.

“Hey…I see a small wooden hut over there,” I suddenly heard someone shout in the distance.

Luna froze in an instant and so did I. I quickly got up and stuck my head out over the closest window and saw exactly what Luna had described.

The woods where full of flashlights lights and strange shadows, I don’t know what it was but I really had a very unsettling and suspicious feeling about all of this and that it was better for us to quickly make a sneaky break for it and get away from here as quickly as we can.

I quickly turned back to Luna and immediately whispered for her to pack everything we had brought with us as I began to think of a plan of how we can sneak our way out of this mess and back home as quickly and safely as possible in the night.

Luna quickly came over to me and tapped me on the shoulder, telling me that she was done and ready to leave with fear and nervousness in her eyes.

I felt for her as I too was pretty nervous and also a bit scared on what might happen to us if these creeps would find us. But the idea of instead having to travelling through the woods at night was also very unsettling, especially with all those nocturnal creatures roaming around now.

I quickly took another peek outside and found out to my horror that they were pretty much already right outside our hut.

“…Oh crap,” I thought in desperation as I realized a quick sneak out was no longer an option.

“Uh…Luna! I…uh…have some very bad news here,” I told her nervously after turning to face her.

“Like…what?” She asked me back with a worried look.

I took a deep breath before answering.

“Well…We just lost our chance to escape,” I told her seriously and with obvious fear in my voice.

At that moment, a beam of light invaded the interior of our hut, accompanied by the sounds a very close by footsteps.

Luna and I quickly ducked beneath the light beams and scurried beneath the window.

I silently instructed Luna to keep still and quiet as Luna began to covering her mouth with her hoof.

I could only feel for her as I too felt pretty scared at the moment knowing that we were currently trapped with only a thin wooden wall separating us from these strangers outside.

I could hear more and more footsteps closing in towards our hut with more flashes of light entering from the window just above us.

I could feel Luna slightly shaking within my arms in fear.
Again I could only feel for her, but I was unable to do or say anything to comfort her without risking them hearing us.

“I think that these creatures have to be inside this hut,” I heard a voice say from outside.

“We already looked through the windows, it seems that this place looks empty and deserted, alas for a few crates in the corner,” somebody else said back.

“Nonsense, our sources told us that our targets must be around here, probably just hiding somewhere inside.

You two, break the door open and search the interior,” I heard a very loud and commanding voice shout to which two pairs of footsteps trudged through the grass and twigs towards the door in response.

“Big sis…what now?” Luna quietly asked me in fear as we were holding each other close.

“I…I don’t know Luna,” I told her back in desperation as I was in fact completely stripped of any ideas or plans.

The doorknob then rapidly turned and pulled, accompanied by loud banging against the wooden frame.

Both me and Luna began to hold each other closer with eyes closed, frightfully awaiting the unavoidable.

“If these guys find us, we are in deep, deep trouble. Oh dad, where are you when we really need you?” I thought in fear and desperation, by feeling so helpless and vulnerable right now.

The banging got heavier and louder.

Luna began to whimper in fear.

“I am sorry Luna, I once promised that I will always protect you and now

I have broken it simply because I…I can’t…do anything right now. I am so sorry,” I quietly apologized to her while tears began to run down my cheeks and I hugged her closer.

At that moment something clicked inside of me.

Dad was the only thing running through my mind. I have personally promised him that I would always be a big sister to Luna, which means to always be there for her, help her and most importantly protect her from any danger. If I didn’t, then I would easily be breaking two promises at once.

I would easily let my dad down, I would easily let my little sister down, but even worst I would let myself down, and if these creeps would find us and take us I might never see any of my friends or dad again.

“…Dad,” I thought again with a realization.

I don’t know how or why, but after I thought about him again and fearing that I’d never seeing him again, something activated inside of me, a feeling I had never ever felt before, something very strange and indescribable but at the same time feeling very natural and normal.

It felt like some sort of energy.

“Big…big…sis? What…what is…happening with you…with us…and why is your horn suddenly glowing?” Luna asked me in utter surprise and shock as she looked up at me with wide eyes and a gaping mouth.

I quickly snapped back to reality and shockingly found out exactly what my little sister was so freaked out about.

Me and my little sister where both together, surrounded by some kind of glowing sphere of light, like some sort of shield or bubble encasing us within it.

I looked across at the hanging mirror and saw that my horn was glowing as well, in the same yellow-like color as the sphere that was surrounding us.

“What in the…” Was all I whispered after seeing my horn like this.

“There, there is something glowing inside, get in there and extract them already,” I suddenly heard a voice shout outside.

“They could break at any moment. But they won’t take us. Not on my watch,” I thought to myself in determination after quickly losing my fear and replacing it with anger.

The door finally gave way on the other side of the wall. This is the moment where I have to act and do something, and FAST.

I didn’t know what I was doing but for some reason I instinctively closed my eyes and held my sister tight as I started to heavily concentrate on something within my mind, trying to draw on something to do something that I had no idea what. And without any clue or warning, the yellow sphere around us suddenly began to glow brighter and brighter, and with a final flash of bright light we were gone.

After reopening my eyes I was completely confused and shocked to see that we were no longer inside our hut, but in fact right outside in the middle of the forest just a few meters away from the clearing, and also to my surprise all of our stuff as well.

Luna was completely confused and shocked as well for very good reasons.

“What the…big…big sis? What just happened?” Luna finally asked after a few minutes of silence, baffled.

“I…I honestly have no idea,” I answered her, still clueless and confused.

“The hut is... empty sir, no sign of our targets,” I heard a distant voice call out behind me, breaking me out from my confused state.

“That’s impossible, they still have to be around here somewhere.

Quickly, search the area for them,” I heard another voice call out, reminding me that we were not out of the water quite yet.

I quickly shook my head to clear any excess confusion out of it and to quickly regain my focus.

“We can worry about that later, Luna, we have to move away from here as quickly as possible. Come on!” I said to her as I immediately got back up on all fours and grabbed all of my stuff and placed my backpack where it belongs too.
Luna quickly nodded and immediately did the same and both of us began to rapidly gallop away from the clearing and deeper into the dark covered forest.

Strangely enough, I quickly noticed that my horn for some reason had stopped to glow as we were galloping, but that was seriously the least of my problems and I instead focused more on getting away and making sure that Luna was closely following me.

“Wait, I think I see some movement over there, I think it must be these creatures,” I heard a guy say from behind us as we were running.

“Crud. They noticed us,” I thought to myself as I gave my sister the signal to keep up the pace.

We swiftly dodged branches, rocks and tree roots as both of us galloped as fast as we could to get ourselves as much distance from these strangers as possible and hopefully losing them with in the darkness and thickness of the forest.

As we ran I could easily hear the strangers behind us perusing as flashes of lights illuminated the surrounding woods and the sounds of rattling bushes and cracking branches could be heard behind us.

“We need to run faster Luna, come on,” I shouted at her.
Over time, Luna and I managed to slowly lengthen our distance between us and our pursuers behind us. It figures since we are in fact smaller and much faster than them on all our fours.

I was slowly starting to feel happy and joyful after realizing that we were finally losing them as I began to smile for the first time since Luna forcefully woke me up.

“We are losing them big Sis, we are going to get back home safely, we are…” My sister began to shout in joy but could finished her sentence as

I saw her fall onto the ground face first.

I immediately stopped and quickly turned around to hastily rush towards her with shock and fear.

“Oh my gosh! Luna, are you alright?” I asked her in panic as I leaned down beside her.

To my relief, Luna seemed to be ok as she raised her head from the ground and looked at me with a dirt covered face.

“I…I…am ok sis. I just fell down after my hind legs suddenly started to go numb,” Luna explained to me after spitting out some dirt.

“Numb? Why is that?” I thought as I quickly took a look on her hind legs and shockingly found a very ominous looking dart hinging on Luna’s flank.

“A tranquilizer dart,” I whispered in shock.

In that moment a single one of these darts managed to almost hit me square on into my face, but luckily missed me by mere centimeters and flew past my eyes to bore itself into a nearby tree trunk right next to us.

Now things were getting dangerous. If these strangers are so serious on capturing us, they’d shoot tranquilizer darts, means that something far more serious is going on.

At this point, thanks to this delight, our pursuers who we almost managed to lose in the darkness of the woods had managed to catch up with us as I could once again hear them clearly in the opposite direction from where we came.

There was really no time to hang around here anymore, we needed to get back moving and fast if we ever want to evade them again.

I quickly told Luna to get back on all fours and to follow me, but quickly remembered she was shot on her flank and had basically no more feeling on her lower body as I saw her struggling to even get back up. She struggled dearly to get her hind legs to do what she wanted them to do.

I of course began to immediately help her with her massive problem, but had my own problem trying to even get her moving for a few meters simply because of all that running we had to do which managed to pretty much drained our stamina and strength dry, and also not having gotten enough sleep was likely a part of the problem.

Luna immediately began to cry in both pain and fear as she looked at me while re-collapsing onto the ground, tired and out of any strength and ready to just give up.

It was in that moment where all of my exhaustion, fear and desperation quickly transformed into anger and rage, aimed towards those stupid, cruel bastards who dared to shoot my little sister right in front of my eyes.

I had pretty much enough at this point. I was ready to do anything to defend her no mattered what.

“Exhausted or not, I will never ever let anyone hurt my little sister and let them get away with it,” I thought to myself in anger as I positioned myself between her and our pursuers closing in in front of us with a fighting stance.

I was ready to do anything to keep these crooks from touching her, even when it meant fighting them.

“Why are these guys doing this to us? What do they want from us? WHY CAN’T THEY JUST LEAVE US ALONE!!!” I shouted within my mind with gritted teeth and angry tears.

It was at that moment where something within me once again awoke, the same feeling like I had earlier this evening inside the hut was once again making itself present.

My horn for whatever reason slowly started to glow again in a yellowish aura.
I still had no idea why it does so and how, but that was really the least of my problems at the moment as I was more concentrated with the threat in front of me and for defending my little sister from them.

I could feel an unknown and unfamiliar energy coursing through my whole body, calling me, whispering within my mind telling what I have to do as time seemed to slow down around me.

My horn slowly began to go brighter and brighter with every passing second as I instinctively followed the instructions of this inner voice, concentrating hard on something particular that would help me protect my sister from harm.

Time seemed to slow down as I continued my concentration, feeling something slowly build up inside me as I did so.

“I will not let these creeps harm or even touch my little sister,” I thought to myself in anger as I felt an the energy inside me slowly reaching its peak.

“HOW DARE YOU HARM MY LITTLE SISTER LIKE THAT! LEAVE. US…ALONE!!!!!” I shouted with all my might as I felt the energy inside me suddenly bursting out from the tip of my horn.

The entire forest was suddenly illuminated within a blinding, bright yellowish light coming directly from the tip of my horn as I continued to shout like I never had before -all of the strange energy that I had built up a few moments ago coming out of me all at once and in full force.

At that point I had pretty much lost all will and control over myself and had no possible way of stopping as I quickly began to feel myself getting drained .

I just wanted to stop. I was so afraid of what was happening to me, afraid of what would happen if It doesn’t stop.

It slowly started to hurt and burn inside of me as I quickly began to feel myself grow weaker and weaker with every passing second.

“Please, somebody help me. I…I can’t stop,” I began to desperately call out within my mind as I slowly felt my very life slowly draining out of me.

But then suddenly I felt an interruption, as the raw powers and energy’s suddenly began to stop, I felt myself hitting the ground with something heavy directly on top of me.

After a few moments of trying to calm down after that horrifying experience, I slowly began to re-open my eyes and also rubbed away some few excess tears from my cheeks. I didn’t realize that I was crying.

“Are…are you ok big sis?” I suddenly heard a voice asking me directly behind me, snapping me out of my fearful and traumatic state.

“Lu…Luna?” I quietly asked back while still being very much shaken from my experience.

Looking back I was very surprised to see my little sister laying right on top of me with her head resting just below my shoulders as she looked at me with a very worried expression.

I looked at her as well, still in shock as I desperately tried to calm myself within my mind but failed as my eyes slowly began to leak, this time being fully aware of it.

“Luna…I…I was…I mean…” I started to explained but couldn’t find the exact words to say anything.

Luna simply closed my mouth with one of her hoofs and quickly pointed over behind me.

I naturally followed her gaze and saw that pretty much all of our persuers were now all laying on the dirt covered floor of the forest.

My heart skipped a beat when I saw that. “Are…are they…dead?

Did…did I…” I again began to stutter but got stopped by my sister again as she started to shake her head.

“No big sis, don’t worry they are just knocked out unconscious. You can actually see them breath, see,” My sister assured me as she pointed to the closes one of them.

I was immediately relieved to hear that and even more so when I saw that my sister was right by clearly seeing that they were all just unconscious.

“Hey big sis…I think that this would be the perfect time to bail, who knows how long they will stay this way,” Luna quickly suggested after a few moments.

“Oh…yeah…I guess you are right with that. Let’s just go then,” I simply answered her.

I quickly got myself back up on all fours and picked up Luna to carry her on my back, then immediately dashed away from this place and towards the closest exit from the forest.

As we were finally far enough from these strangers, Luna’s hind legs thankfully began to slowly work again, which was great because at this point all of my adrenaline that I had worked up since the moment we started to run away from our pursuers had already completely diminished as I felt my little sister getting heavier and heavier with every step I took.

She simply climbed off of me, and though wobbly at first, she started to stand back on her own four legs.

Again, the first few steps she took were a little bit unstable, but thanks to my help in supporting her for a while she was was slowly getting her hind legs back in motion. She eventually got it as she began to trot again fully on her own alongside me.

The trot was mostly silence between the two of us with neither me or her saying anything or making any eye contact as the both of us continued to make our way out of this damn, deep and dark forest, passing by countless trees and bushes with the full moon above us as the only light source.

“Luna?” I called out to her, finally breaking the silence.

“Mhmm?” was her only response.

“Should we…should we maybe tell dad what happened to me earlier? I mean we should definitely of course tell him about these bunch of strangers who were chasing and trying to catch us. But…but what about my…well, bizarre experience? Should we tell him that as well?” I asked her very unsurely.

Luna spent a couple more moments staring off into the distance with a very unsure expression of her own before turning her gaze back towards me as we trotted alongside one another.

“I…I honestly don’t know sis. I mean, telling dad that you had such scary looking energies and powers inside of you…well, would that not be scary for him as well to hear?” Luna answered me while looking at me with a bit of a sad expression.

That got me thinking.

“I guess she could be right with her claim. Telling dad about what happened to me today could easily unease him, something I really don’t want to do to him. But on second thought, why would he? He would probably be more worried for me than uneased or scared of me as far as

I know him, and there is no other person in the whole wide world that knows him better than I do. Plus, it also wouldn’t be right to not tell him about it, and who knows, maybe dad even has an idea of what happened to me back then, something I really have no answers to it myself,” I thought to myself quietly after Luna’s answer.

“Hey big sis, look over there. I think I see another flashlight shining over there in the distance,” Luna suddenly announced while pointing at the direction with her hoof and breaking me out from my thoughts.

After gazing at the direction from where Luna was pointing on I could clearly see in the distance behind some trees that there was in fact a light source shimmering around, and since we have just managed to escape a whole bunch of bad strangers earlier I have decided to not take any more chances with this one and quickly grabbed Luna by her tail and dragged her over to the nearest bush to hide into.

Both me and Luna quickly began to duck down and to make ourselves as small as possible as we carefully and silently kept an eye on this new stranger wandering around these woods as he or she slowly began to move closer and closer to us.

“Who do you think it is, big sis?” Luna quietly asked me with a very nervousness in her voice.

“I really don’t know Lulu, but we better keep still and silent and just hope who ever this is will not see us,” I whispered back to her, also clearly nervous about this.

As we huddled together and simply held our breath in fear, I suddenly began to pick up a voice coming from the direction where we spotted this new stranger, a voice very familiar to me, a voice I have been hoping to hear after tonight’s nightmare.

“Is…is that Dads voice?” I thought to myself in wonder and also hope, and looking over to Luna who was huddling beside me I could tell that she probably wondering the same thing.

“LUNA! CELESTIA! ANYBODY!” I heard a very familiar and welcoming voice shout very close by from where we were.
I immediately knew exactly who that was; I could easily recognize that voice from anywhere.
Immediately all of my nervousness and fears washed away to an overwhelming feeling of joy and relief as I poked my head out from our hiding spot and quickly saw and knew who this person was.

“DADDY!!!” Both me and Luna shouted in utmost joy and happiness after jumping out from cover and out into the open to gallop straight towards him like greased lightning bolts.

……………………………………………………………………………………………………………………………….

(POV Julius)

“LUNA….CELESTIA!!!” I shouted into the darkness of the woods, hoping I could see or hear a response.

Driving through the small dirt road leading directly to the lake on the other side of the forest had actually been a very bad idea.

On the way, thanks to the incredibly limited visibility and that the road was mostly overgrown and narrow, I managed to get my car jammed between two very large and thick oak trees. So with my car now dead on the track, I was basically forced to abandon it and continue my way over to my daughters’ campsite by foot which must have costed me a lot of valuable time.

Getting to the small hut on the other side of the forest in time was basically a big fat nope which only made me hope that I would still be able to get there in time before those agents would.

A feeling of hope that really was never there disappeared as I shockingly found out after finally arriving at the campsite that it was completely empty and deserted from anybody.

My fears scaled even higher after I immediately noticed the chaos that was surrounding both the outside and inside of my daughters small hut with both the windows and doors completely trashed and in pieces.

The very last hope I had at that moment was that they managed to escape and get way just in time to avoid these agents and disappearing somewhere deep within the foliage of the forest.

All I could do was wander around the forest while calling out for them in hopes of somehow finding them, and at this point I have been wandering around shouting their names for them for almost a half an hour without any luck so far.

I was slowly getting tired as I continued my search, just hoping in vain that I could perhaps finally see them right behind the next tree.

Very slowly my hopes of ever seeing my little daughters ever again was faintly getting smaller and smaller with every passing minute.

“LUNA. CELESTIA!!!” I called out once more into the empty and quiet forest.

“LUNA! CELESTIA! ANYBODY!” I called out again.

“I was too late…I came too late. Why couldn’t I have seen this coming sooner?” I thought to myself in grief, realizing that I have messed up big time.

I was seriously getting tired now. My legs began to hurt, my body was feeling very heavy and stiff, and the batteries in my flashlight was slowly starting to lose their juice.

I was almost at the verge of just turning around and heading back towards my car until I suddenly heard some faint rustling somewhere close by me.

Acting on instinct I quickly turned myself around, expecting to find some night creatures or something worse like a wolf, but what I was greeted with instead was something that both utterly surprised me but also gave me a huge amount of joy and relief.

“DADDY!!!” was all I could hear coming from their overjoyed mouths as they ran over to me at blinding speeds and hugged-tackled me onto the forest floor as they began to hold themselves close to me while burying their muzzles deep into my chest.

Instinctively I wrapped my arms around both of them and held them close without any attention of letting them go anytime soon.

After this horrible evening of finding out that my little fillies where in possible danger, trying to find and rescue them only for my car to get stuck and finding out that I was too late, and spending the rest of the entire time wandering around the dark and cold forest with the hope of still finding them somehow, finally having found them, or to be more precise, them finding me, was more than just a revival of my spirits.

I was completely overjoyed to know that my precious daughters were safe and sound in my arms with nothing to ever tear us apart from each other ever again.

“Dad…we are so glad that you are here…you have no idea what we just went through. We have never felt so helpless and afraid in our lives. It was absolutely horrible.” Celestia began to sob into my jacket as I could feel her grip tightening on me.

I simply began to gently pet both of them in an attempt to calm them down as both of them began to sob quietly into my shirt.

“Shh... its ok now, Daddy is here. You two are safe with me,” I caringly whispered to them as I continued to gently stroke their manes.

I was so happy and relieved to finally have them in my arms again after that whole ordeal that I too began to shed some tears of my own in both joy of knowing that they were safe with me and also sad of knowing their nightmarish experience that they must have went through.

The sobbing and stroking continued for a few more moments as both of them slowly began to cry themselves calm as it gave me the chance to finally sit back up from the forest floor with both of them still on my lap and still keeping themselves close to me and never breaking off the warm and calming presence of my body.

“Dad?” Luna began to whisper after a while.

“Mhmm?” I responded.

“Can we please go home now?” both Luna and Celly asked me at the same time.

“Sure we can,” I simply answered them with a soft smile as I carefully began to get myself up after both Luna and Celly had hopped off of me.

“Dad…can…can you carry me?” Luna asked me after I got up and dusted myself off a bit from all the dirt and leaves on my jacket.

I nodded with an endeared smile as I carefully picked her up and began holding her comfortably in my arms.

She quickly began to curl herself up against my chest with a calm and comforted expression on her muzzle and immediately began to slowly dose off as Celly and I began to walk along the forest foliage in the direction where I left my car. Looking over to her I could tell in her expression that she was a bit jealous seeing that her younger sister was receiving a ride from me and not her as well. I really would have loved to carry her back as well, especially seeing how tired and completely beat up she looked, but the problem with that was that Celly in her age was already far too big and also a little bit too heavy nowadays for me to successfully carry her.

She of course immediately understood that and simply beamed on off her bright, cute and trademark smiles at me as we walked alongside each other. The smile she was giving me was telling me that everything was pretty much alright with her, but for some reason I could feel that her smile was actually a little bit forced, which made me guess that something was wrong with her.

It likely could just be all the stress and fear she must have experienced, today which of course is very understandable. I will have to make sure to cheer them back up and make them feel safe again when we get back home, and maybe also questioning her of her troubles that she probably has in her mind. The last thing I want is for them to be traumatized and be constantly fearful and paranoid for the rest of their lives.

“Hey…Dad?” Celestia suddenly spoke to get my attention as we walked.
I simply turned my head to look at her.

“Yes Sweetie?” I responded to her.
Celestia simply continued to look at me for a few moments before turning her gaze back forwards as she continued to walk alongside me.

“No…nothing…I...I can maybe tell it to you later when we are back home…I feel too exhausted at the moment,” Celestia told me while still locking her gaze onto the forest floor below her.

I was a bit confused at her sudden change at first but decided to leave it be for now to not pressure her, especially knowing with what she and her sister had gone through today.

After a while of walking towards my car with Celly always close next to me and with Luna firmly and comfortably in my arms, we eventually made it over to my car which was of course still very much stuck between those darn oak trees.

I carefully placed Luna into the back seat without waking her up and simply instructed Celly to stand and wait on the side as I decided to once more try to get my car unstuck, and miraculously I managed to do it in the very first try even though back then I had no such luck after many unsuccessful and aggravating attempts. I was pretty surprised. It probably got itself loose on its own somehow while I was walking and searching around the forest. Strange but still very fortunate. I quickly told Celly to hop inside the back seat and immediately began to reverse out of the trees.

The ride was just like when I drove in, very bumpy and rough -something you should expect when you are driving into the woods with a Limousine and not an off roader.But thankfully it didn’t really take long and we were soon out of the forest and back onto normal roads as I quickly drove off at the direction of our home.


The entire ride was met with absolute silence as I drove through the night, Luna quietly sleeping on her seat and Celestia sitting right next to her, gently stroking her mane with a small smile on her muzzle.
From time to time I could see from my rear mirror that Celestia was switching off from her sister to look at the sky out the window with a very neutral expression on her face before eventually looking back at her sister and once again smiling at her before going back in gently petting her while she was asleep.

I had no idea what was going on inside her mind at the moment but, again, knowing what these two must have gone through today it would be much better for me to not pressure them more with questions and focus more on making them feel calm and safe again by bringing them back to the one place where they have always felt happy and safe: Home.

“I guess that it would be better for them to sleep with me for tonight. But I am positive that Celestia was going to ask me about that anyway,” I thought to myself silently as I continued my drive back towards the mansion.

We eventually made it after almost a half hour drive as I opened the gate and drove into the driveway and parked directly next to the front door of our home and got out. I quickly grabbed some of the bags they had with them while Celly also got out of the car with a very tired look on her face.
I placed the bags right next to the front doors and went back to the car and carefully picked up the sleeping form of Luna onto my arms, locking the car with a push of a button afterwards. We stepped in after I opening the door and quickly closed it again behind us while Celly quickly turned on the lights to illuminate the dark and silent looking entrench hall in front of us.

I was very glad to be finally home but also extremely exhausted after everything that had happened today. I was ready to finally hit the hay as we wasted no time at all in making our way towards our rooms and to finally bring this horrible day behind us.
“Dad? Could…could we…maybe sleep with you tonight?” Celestia suddenly asked me as we were making our way towards our rooms.

“Well I could have easily seen that coming.” I thought to myself with a small smile.

“Of course you two can, at any time really,” I answered her, this time with a welcoming smile.

“Thank you dad,” she answered me back in relief as she began to nuzzle my side affectionately while we walked.

After a minute the three of us managed to reach my room.
I placed their backpacks down onto the floor next to my closet and carefully place the still sleeping Luna onto my bed without waking her.

She must be extremely exhausted if she can stay asleep like this, which again would make sense knowing what these two must have gone through today. I just really wished that I could have seen this coming sooner and quickly prevented it from even happening, but what happened has happened and the best thing I can do now is to keep them safe and happy for the future, while also preventing something like this ever happening again.

Looking over the sleeping Luna for how peaceful she looked in her sleep was really making me smile in happiness and especially also knowing that she was safe.

“Hey Dad?” I suddenly heard Celestia call me while tapping me on my back. I turned around to look at her. “Can I bring Mr. Princy with me?” Celestia asked.

That made me chuckle a bit as I realized that she meant her plushy prince walrus, which used to be her most favorite toy in her younger years, and by the sounds of it, probably still is even though she is 14 now.

“You still have him? I…haven't seen him for a very long time, I assumed that you either lost him or threw him away because you were getting a bit too old for such thing,” I said while holding a small smile.
She only tilted her head a bit at my question with a small blush at her face look on her face.

“Why would I ever throw Mr. Princy away? He is always the one who keeps me safe at night when I sleep,” she explained to me with a bit of embarrassment.

“The reason why you never really saw him or heard of him all this time is because…well I thought that having such a toy still with me would be a bit too childish and silly for my age in your view, so I was a bit too shy to still admit that I still have him and still cuddle with him during the night,” she quickly added while rubbing her forelegs a little bit.

I simply chuckled. “There is nothing wrong with holding onto your favorite toy. I too used to have one as well; it was a plushy just like yours, but mine was a rabbit that I got as a present right after I was born, actually.
But sadly though, I somehow lost it over the coming years. I can’t really remember where or how I lost it,” I explained to her with a distant look while thinking about my past again. “And of course he can sleep here with us, it is actually good to know that your favorite plushie is still around,” I continued.

She only smiled and quickly to dash off towards the open door and towards her room. This gave me time to get myself ready for the night, so I walked over to my bathroom to wash myself up a little bit, change myself into my pajamas and to brush my teeth.

As soon I was done I quickly re-entered my bedroom and saw that Celly was pretty much already in my bed right next to her sleeping sister with her favorite plushy Mr. Princy tight in her forearms. Celly of course immediately spotted me and happily smiled at me while presenting Mr. Princy in front of me. It was very good to see him again after such a long time.

“Have you already brushed your teeth Celly?” I asked her as I stood in front of the bed.

“Of course I did, I am 14; jeez,” she responded while rolling her eyes.

I simply nodded and began to climb in as well to quickly, but carefully, make myself comfortable. Celly, as predicted, immediately began to scooch herself closer to me and rest her head right under my arm with her plushy between me and her.

“Good Night Dad,” she wished me as she slowly began to close her eyes.

I only smiled as I stroked her mane to help her relax as she finally fell asleep.

With me shortly following after my exhaustion finally caught up with me as well.