• Published 26th Aug 2013
  • 2,504 Views, 109 Comments

Dual Melody - Coolestninja1242



Vinyl and Octavia have been dateing and living to gether for a long time. Everything is great but Octavia is a changeling.Will the other changelings ever catch up to her, will Vinyl find out, will Lyra and Bon Bon get sound proofing for their room?

  • ...
12
 109
 2,504

Chapter Eight

can either run away with Vinyl and kill her slowly simply by being with her, or rejoin my hive. Neither of them are real options any way. I can’t stay with Vinyl it’ll kill her and I don’t think I could live with myself then. I can’t really return to my hive either. Her majesty likely knows that I’m not really into this whole invasion thing. What am I going to do?

Lyra and Bon Bon have been staring at me for a good few minutes now waiting for an answer. I stumble, “There really isn’t much I can do. I’m doomed if I do, I’m doomed if I don’t.” There really is only one option, and it is the second dumbest idea I’ve ever had. I get to my feet and stare lovingly at Vinyl. I really wish things had been different. I wish I had been different. “The only thing I can do is confront Chrysalis. Sure she’ll squish me like the bug I am, but it’s better then the alternative. Please don’t try to stop me.” Neither Lyra or Bon Bon move. I begin to panic a moment, “You two aren’t going to try to stop me are you?”

Bon Bon shakes her head, “It’s the right thing to do.” She says with a big cheesy grin. I’m sweating bullets. I just told my friends I’m going on a suicide mission and they’re encouraging me! I should have never told them I was a changeling.

Lyra pulls me into a hug, “If you think it’s the right thing to do Octavia…” She pauses. “Well good luck any way. Bonny and me will take care of V.” Lyra hugs me tighter and I begin to feed if only for a second. “Are you sure you want to do this? I mean, you figured out changelings can heal other things besides themselves…I’m sure you could…” She trails off.

I know exactly what she means, “No Lyra, this is something I have to do.” There is no way. Even if I did nothing but eat Bon Bon’s bon bon’s for breakfast, lunch and dinner I’ll still feed off of any love Vinyl gives me. I’ll kill her. By the princesses if I stay any longer she’ll die and it’ll be all my fault. I hold back the tears. Falling for her was easy, I don’t think leaving will be as such. Even if it’s the right thing to do. I take one last look and make for the door. I turn back to Lyra and Bon Bon, “When she wakes up,” I smile. “tell her I really did love her. With all my heart, if I even have a heart.”

My hoof s are out the door and I hear Lyra say, “Biggest heart out of anyone I know.” I walk down the stairs and outside our apartment building, the further I get the faster I move. I know I need to get there soon, I know where they are. Of course I know where they are.

Some time later, at an abandoned factory just outside of Manehatten. Many of the factory’s had been abandoned and not just in Manehatten either. Fillydaliphia and Detrot where worse by far. After a lengthy war with the Griffon Kingdom, Princess Celestia ordered many of the factory’s to move to the decimated kingdom as part of the relief effort. They were suppose to make branches over there and then come back but frankly with opposable digit’s the griffons were more suited to the work, they also worked for far less then anypony in Equestria ever would. So the factories in Equestira shut down and now my hive is stationed in one. I sigh a deep sigh. It’s a sigh of dread and a sigh of longing.

Through my entire walk over here I’ve only had one thing on my mind, Vinyl Scratch. Just her over and over. Her lovely white coat, her shocking blue mane, her gorgeous, striking red eyes, and her smile. I don’t know why but that mare’s smile just melts my…well as I said many times before I’m not sure if changelings have hearts or not. For the sake of this metaphor we’ll just say that I do have a heart. Her smile just melts my heart. I think it’s what first attracted me to Vinyl.

When she sat down next to me and smiled I just felt warm inside. We talked and then she trusted me enough to show me her biggest secret. Her eyes. Vinyl hates her eyes, she thinks they are ugly, and horrible, and monstrous, and that was the first time I kissed her. I kissed her and I told her I thought her eyes were wonderful, and striking, and gorgeous, and how I could just stare into them forever. I can feel the tears welling up again, I need to stop thinking about this. I need to stop. I can’t love Vinyl, it’ll kill her.

If I really love Vinyl I know what I need to do, I need to confront the queen. I take a step into the cold, dank, abandoned factory and am greeted by the angry buzzing of my thousands of brothers and sisters. They make a path for me to go through and I see a changeling talking to the queen. He is bruised, beaten and it looks like at one point his tail may have been on fire. You failed to mention that one Lyra. I approach, the queen looks at the injured changeling, and then back to me. “Oh,” She says in her sly, cold voice. “so you’ve come to explain yourself?” She towers over me. You forget how big someone can be when you haven’t seen them in nearly two years. I can feel every set of sickening, blue, glowing eyes staring at me. I feel one set of glowing, lizard like eyes staring down at me. I remain as an earth pony, I remain Octavia Melody. I remain who I am, and who I am suppose to be. I need to be Octavia for her and this time I will not change, weaver, or back down. Not even for the queen of my kind. Not even for Queen Chrysalis. “We’re waiting. Change and explain your actions!” She demands. I feel green flames lick at my hide. I am not afraid, not any more. I feel light, I feel like Vinyl is right here with me, and that makes me brave.

I make myself as tall as I can with out using my powers to change my height. In a bold voice I exclaim, “I have nothing to explain to anyone, least of all you and I will change for no one.” The queen doesn’t stumble or waver. I’m starting to feel small again. “I love her.” I say in a very small voice. I’m trying to be brave but I’m starting to feel less and less attached to Vinyl. I need to remember her name, I need to remember who I am. I need to remember who she is and who we are together. “I…I want you all to leave!” I say sounding bold again, though I can still feel it wavering.

The queen laughs loudly and a roar of laughing and chattering from the army of changelings behind me fallows. I am not afraid. “You want us to leave?” The queen says with an evil smile on her face. “What authority does a bug so small have to a queen?” She asks pushing me to the floor. The sudden shock of pain causes me to change into my changeling form. I’m dazed and confused.

Why am I here? What was I doing? I need to remember my name. My name is Octavia Melody and I can see a pure white mare smiling at me. She has red eyes that sparkle like rubies, and an electric blue mane. She seems so wonderful I wish I knew her name. I wish I could remember why I was here. The queen stares down at me with an ugly smirk. I hate it. I hate the queen, I hate what we’re doing, what she’s planning on doing. I hate that I can’t be with…I can’t be with. I remember her name. Her name is Vinyl Scratch. She’s a DJ and she loves me. I love her back, with all my heart. There is no doubt as to what I have to do, I get to my hooves and change back to my earth pony form. No, I become my real self. There is no changeling Octavia or earth pony Octavia. I am Octavia Melody, an earth pony who just so happened to be a changeling at one point and I will no longer change for anyone. Not ever again.

Chrysalis glares at me, she still has that stupid smirk on her face. “Well?” She says. “We’re all waiting.” She’s mocking me. She doesn’t believe in my love, so I tackle her to the ground and start beating her with my hooves.

“I have all the authority I need! As a citizen of Equestria it should be my duty to deal with pest like you and your kind.” She stops my hooves with her magic.

“Enough!” She shouts in a purely demonic voice. I keep to my real self. “You abandon your own kind, you attack your queen, you denounce us all for what!?” She looms over me like a large shadow. I hurt every where but I will not change.

My vision is going hazy, I still see Vinyl in my minds eye. I smile and look up to the queen, “For love…” I say weakly. “It doesn’t matter if you kill me. I love her and I always will…and with me gone she’ll finally be safe.” The queen knocks me in the gut with her foreleg. Pain shoots in my body more violently now, but still I don’t change.

She grabs me up with her magic, “You poor diluted soul. I was once like you. I once believed love could fix anything.” She examines me and then bashes against a wall. I hear the hive cheer loudly. I’m starting to black out but I keep my true form. “Love only gives you pain, it’s selfish, and anyone who falls in love is a fool who deserves whatever they get!” I can see the hurt on her face. Is that how we all got this way? We loved and were betrayed? Something about a love potion and a usurper king…I can’t remember. She pulls me close so she look in my face, “And what you get bug is for them to see you for what you really are.” She dangles me in the air with her magic, I can’t fight it. I can’t feel anything any more. I’m so weak I can’t even keep up my disguise any more. No, not disguise. Even if I don’t look like Octavia Melody it’s still who I am. I’m so sorry Vinyl. The last thing I feel is the queen blasting me with her magic, a hard thud that breaks my spine and then nothing. Before blacking out I hear faint screams and I know I’m in Canterlot.

Author's Note:

Wow I like this chapter so much more than the last one. I don't know what I was thinking trying to make Lyra the narrator. I do really apologize for the previous chapter but I just couldn't handle the stress and then I forgot where I was going with the darn thing and remembered again and then kept getting asked to update and I hate disappointing people so I ended up disappointing everyone by putting out a sub par chapter. Any way, sorry for that one I hope this chapter makes up for it. I'm finding more and more the bits I like are the bits most of the people who read this thing like so I'm hoping because I enjoyed writing this one you will enjoy reading it.