• Published 26th Aug 2013
  • 2,497 Views, 109 Comments

Dual Melody - Coolestninja1242



Vinyl and Octavia have been dateing and living to gether for a long time. Everything is great but Octavia is a changeling.Will the other changelings ever catch up to her, will Vinyl find out, will Lyra and Bon Bon get sound proofing for their room?

  • ...
12
 109
 2,497

Chapter Two

Chapter two

I’m at a loss for words. I’m at a loss in general…No really I’m lost. I have no idea where I am or how I ended up in this ally. My back is blocked off by a brick wall and my front is blocked by the changeling queen herself. I’m going to die. I’m going to die! I’m going to die and I will never get to see Lyra, Bon Bon or Vinyl again. My sweet, stupid Vinyl. I’d give anything for one more day with her. Instead I’m going to die at the hooves of queen Chrysalis. Wait, why hasn't she throttled me with her magic or worse her Swiss cheese hooves yet?

“I herd one of my changeling drowns had gone astray…“ She pauses staring down at me.“ I would have never imagine you’d end up in Manehatten all on your own.” She states with a sort of bored expression on her face. I’m still quivering in fear in the guise of a pony that doesn't actually exist as my short life passes before my eyes. Much of it is very inappropriate. “Don’t just stand there like an idiot!” queen Chrysalis demands. “Change into your true form.” I ignore the command. This is my true self, this is my moment of defiance. “I said change bug!” She zaps me with an emerald green energy blast. Nearly peeing on the concrete below me I change into my changeling self. The cold, black, insect pony with bright blue eyes. I slowly look up at my queen distraught at the blast. I see the scorch marks at my feet. She missed and it was no mistake. “Status report.”

She isn't going to kill me. The realization hits me like a ton of bricks, or like an over used simile. She wants to talk, she wants to see what I've learned from my time away from the hive, she wants to use me to find a foot hold in Equestria. “I…I…” I can’t seem to find the words. As a changeling I’m obligated to report in or do what ever my queen asks of me but I can’t seem to tell her about my life as a pony. She glares at me waiting for me to speak up. Her horn flairs up with magic again. Finally my fear and my words find me. I tell her everything. I tell her how I ran off finding my own way into Canterlot, I tell her how I remained hidden during the attack, how I gained the trust of all the ponies around me, and how I have been living with and feeding off of Vinyl ever since. I wish I hadn't told her about Vinyl, please don’t go after Vinyl.

She smiles a toothy grin that sends a chill down my spine. “Interesting. So you've gained this ponies trust?”

I nod helplessly in response. Please just stay away from Vinyl.

“Excellent.” She laughs widely and lightning crashes behind her as the sky grows dark and a small chores of changelings come out of the wood work to sing a song of evil and malice. Alright, so I made up the part about the changelings, and the lightning, and the singing but she is laughing in a manner most evil, and I hate it. “I’ll gather my forces and with your help and my brains we will infiltrate Manehatten, then Baltimare, then Fillydalphia, then Canterlot and finally we will take all of Equestria! Those princesses will rue the day they trifled with me, Chrysalis, Queen of the changelings!” Again she laughs evilly.

My this is getting a tad annoying. “Now then,” Oh good she’s stopped laughing. “I want you to go back to this mare of yours, feed, and” She begins to turn into a white Pegasus with a bubbly golden mane and balloons for her cutie mark. “stay strong bug.” With those parting words she fly’s off into the bright summer day.

As much as I wished it she brought Vinyl into this, then again my darling unicorn isn't any more involved in this stupid scheme then she was this morning. I was only instructed to feed which I do naturally. Perhaps the queen has gotten soft, or perhaps she’s planning something much worse then gaining a foot hold in Equestria.

I shift into my earth pony form, my real self, and make my way back to the apartment building. I feel defeated, deflated, and depressed as I climb the many stairs up to the apartment Vinyl and I share. The elevator is too good for me right now. Heck, the stairs are too good for me right now but I need to make it home. It isn't until I get to the door I realize I left the coffee in the ally where I was cornered by Chrissie. I sigh very loudly at the thought of entering the apartment empty hoofed. Vinyl will be so disappointed. With a turn of the handle and a push of the door I enter the apartment.

Its cleaner then I left it. I can’t believe my eyes, Vinyl cleaned. Vinyl Scratch the lazy, good for nothing (well nothing I can mention) DJ cleaned our apartment. Just to send this point home to you I say, “Vinyl! Y-You cleaned?” I notice the mare I love sprawled out on the sofa watching TV, I take the recliner opposite.

She smiles at me, then notices I’m empty hoofed, and then sees the look of worry on my muzzle. With a concerned expression she turns off the TV and sits up facing me. “You alright Tavi?” I try to keep a neutral face, I try not to cry, I try so hard not to tell her everything then and there. I try not to tell her I’m a changeling, I try not to tell her that the last year and a half we've spent together magical as its been is a lie. I succeed but barely.

I feel the tears roll down my fluffy cheeks as they dampen my fur, I can feel the panic in my own expression and I cry out the biggest lie I've ever told in my life, “I ran into my ex-mare friend!” What did I just do? What did I just say!? I try to pull myself together.

“Oh.” Vinyl says. That’s all she says. I can see her face grow longer by the second.

I’m so stupid, “I mean…I…uh…huh? We. The-They! They were out of coffee!” Its to late the damage has already been done and my poor attempt to come up with a better excuse is faulty. “Vinyl I’m so sorry…seeing her again…” I pause for a long time and then the words trickle from my muzzle like water from a leaky pipe. “It brought up a lot of old feelings.”

If a learn anything today let it be that you never, ever, ever tell you significant other that seeing your made up, imaginary, ex brought up old feelings. “Oh so now you’re in love with your ex!” Vinyl yells. “What’s she look like huh? What’s her name? What makes her so much better then me? Huh? Octavia!?” Clearly Vinyl is a bit upset.

She begins to breath heavily and I notice a few tears streak down her fur. “Vinyl,” I begin. “That isn't what I meant at all.” I have to come up with a fake name quickly. “Surprise!” I shouldn't have yelled that. “Er…I mean Surprise is an awful, awful, awful, pony. All she did while we were together was boss me around and call me “bug”. I’m not sure why I stayed with her so long or why I dated her in the first place. I’m sorry if I upset you dear.” I feel the mood in the room. Vinyl is still very upset. “When I said that it “brought up old feelings” I meant that I was reminded that she was the worse thing to every happen in my life. Vinyl,:” I bring her face up to mine with my hoof. Tears still outline her crimson orbs. Off record, her eyes truly are bright, demon spawn, red. She wears colored contacts to make them look magenta in case her glasses fall off during a show. She doesn't want to freak any pony out. It took months of begging to get her to show me that. I’m off topic again aren't I? “You’re the best thing that has ever happened to me.”

And I mean it. I mean every word of it. Chrissie is the worst creature I've ever had the displeasure of knowing. I pray she doesn't read this because if she does my hide is squished like the bug I am.

“You still didn't tell me what she looked like.” Vinyl says in a harsh tone. She seems a little better, I can feel the love radiating off of her body again. It’s warm and sweet just like her.

I smile and sigh trying to sound defeated and likely failing miserably. “She’s a white Pegasus,” I begin. “With purple balloons on her rump as her cutie mark. For a mare that loves to party she sure was a stick in the mud.” Vinyl begins to chuckle. “Her hair is curly and bright blond and she is the biggest bitch in all of Equestria.”

Vinyl laughs widely but not at what I thought. “So Tavi you have a thing for white fur huh?” She boops my nose with her fore hoof grinning like an idiot.

I chuckle back, “So what if I do?” Today is both the best and worse day of my life.

Author's Note:

I don't like chapter two as much as chapter one. Its also a good bit shorter but this was stuff that needed to happen in the story to move forward with where I wanna go. Chapter three is already started. I hope you enjoy this chapter none the less. I also promise chapter three is longer and way more existing.