• Published 24th Sep 2013
  • 778 Views, 10 Comments

Half Monster - RavenGuardian17

  • ...
4
 10
 778

2: Discussions (Unedited version)

Half Monster

By Ravenguardian17

Edited by Orangejuicehero

````````````````````````````````2````````````````````````````````

Discussions

ATTENTION- I rewrote the first chapter and it has minor changes to the story, so read that if you haven't.

Mach’s eyes widened, N-no this is impossible! Mach shut his eyes, wishing for everything to return to normal. When he opened them he found, to his dismay, that his prayers were unanswered. His mother, no this monster was not his mother, the changeling in front of him gave a sympathetic look and said “Mach! Calm down! I will explain everything if you just stay still!”

Realizing he looked extremely panicked Mach recomposed himself and shouted, “Who are you and what have you done with my mother?!”

“I am your mother” It said in a calm tone.

“No, you’re a changeling!” Mach shouted, “Where did you take my mother!?”

“Mach, remember when you were a foal and you lost your teddy bear?” Mach’s face went red with embarrassment, “And how you cried for hours until you father came home and you were do embarrassed to whine in front of him?”

I never told anypony about that! The only pony who knew was… my mom. Mach thought, his mind racing to make sense of the situation, No that’s impossible, my mom is NOT a changeling!

“H-how did you know that?” Mach asked, avoiding the obvious truth.

The changeling rolled its eyes, “Because I’m your mother”

“B-bu…” Mach stutterd

“Yes, I am a changeling and I always have been.” Changing Tides said, hoping Mach would understand. But when she saw Mach’s expression her attitude changed “I should have told you this earlier.” Changing Tides scolded herself. “Here, sit down and I will tell you everything.” She said, gesturing to Mach’s bed. Mach obeyed and sat down, and Changing Tides began her story.

“Seventeen years ago my hive was attacked by the royal guard, we hadn’t done anything wrong the simple threat of our existence was enough to spur them on. Almost every changeling was killed or taken prisoner, I was lucky enough to escape, or so I thought…”


------------------------------Seventeen Years Prior------------------------------

Calvex ducked behind a pile of logs nearby, she was badly wounded and separated from the other changelings. Calvex lowered her head as she heard a squad of roughly five guards come by, talking rather loudly.

“I can’t believe this, it’s been five bloody weeks since the attack! All of those monsters should be rounded up by now!” One complained in a thick Trottingham accent.

“Standard procedure. Besides those little bastards might be anywhere, they can shapeshift after all.” A stallion, who Calvex assumed to be the sergeant, said gruffly.
.
“Why are we doing this anyway? I mean, what did the Changelings ever do to us?” A obviously younger one said.

“For the love of Celestia, Rally, shut up about your stupid ‘Changelings are ponies too’ rants, they’re the dumbest things I've ever heard.” Another guard growled.

“I’m just glad you weren't there at the assault, you would’ve been utterly useless!” The Trottingham one mocked.

The one named Rally huffed, “Well I’m glad I wasn’t too! I never want to witness a genocide!”

“We need somepony to keep watch over the bridge.” The sergeant said, interrupting the conversation. “And I think Private Point has just volunteered.” All the guards, except for Rally, laughed.

“Good luck not falling asleep Rally!” One mocked as the detachment marched away.

“Celestia damned idiots.” Rally muttered under his breath, kicking a nearby stone into the river.

Calvex peered over her log. All her escape routes were blocked, the only way she should get past is if the guard turned away. She watched for a few minutes then grimaced, Hive damnit he keeps his watch well. But as soon as that thought went through her head he leaned up against a tree and closed his eyes.

Nows my chance! Calvex slowly moved, trying not to make a sound. She was nearly halfway across the path she was interrupted by a loud call,

“Hah! I knew somepony would fall for that one day!” Rally shouted, pointing an accusing hoof at the Changeling.

“Uh, hi?” Calvex said, forcing a grin.

“You are under arrest by order of the Equestrian Royal Guard, changeling!”

“You don’t have a crossbow.” Calvex pointed out.

The guard gave her a confused look, “Uh, yeah I don’t. What about it?”

Calvex’s face held a smirk, This is too easy, “Well it means you have nothing to stop me if I RUN!” At that last word she took off as fast as she could into the nearby forest.

“Hey get back here!” The guard angrily shouted, giving chase.

Calvex ran as fast as her hooves could carry her, ducking under branches and avoiding holes. She spared a quick look behind her, Rally was catching up, using his wings to his advantage. Calvex looked at her own wings, they were still battered and would be unable to let her fly for the next while. Not paying attention to where she was going,Calvex ’s hoof struck a root and she fell head first into the dirt.

Rally flew up from behind, landed and pinned her to the ground. “Did you seriously think you could run from me?” Rally asked.

“It was worth a shot.”

----------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------

The rope around Calvex’s neck was tightly knotted, a bit more and she would have choked. Rally walked in front of her, but he still kept a close eye in case she tried to run again. They walked for what seemed like hours in silence until Rally said, “What exactly did you even do?”

The question took Calvex off guard, but it was certainly an interesting one, what had she done? “Uh, I’m a changeling? Enemies of your country?”

“Yes, but why are you our enemies?”

“Well we do impersonate you ponies.”Calvex admitted.

“Do you even have a choice though? I mean don’t you need our love to survive?” Rally asked.

Calvex tried to say something, which she realized was strange since she was criminalizing herself, but had nothing to point out, Rally was right.

“Then why am I arresting you?!” He asked in a strangely angered tone.

“Isn’t it your job? She countered.

“No.” Rally said suddenly stopping, “I joined the guard to uphold justice, but this bigotry isn’t just at all.” He said through clenched teeth, angrily throwing the rope down.

Calvex sat stunned as Rally walked up to her and untied the rope around her neck, “Uh, what are you doing?” She asked.

“What I should have done a long time ago, leaving the guard. And I’m taking you with me.” He answered as he finished untying the rope.

“Wait. Why are you taking me along?” Calvex questioned, confused about the whole ordeal.

“Well if I leave you here another guard will come by and capture you!” He explained, “I can help you escape, will you join me?”

Calvex paused for a second. Going with somepony she just met was very risky, but on the flip side he was right, since her injury prevented her from changing form she would be caught very soon.

“I guess I have no choice.”

--------------------------------------------------Two Weeks later------------------------------------------

Rally’s house was smaller than Calvex had expected, and messier too. When they first entered with the cover of night the stench made her think she had accidentally walked in a trolls cavern. Rally was a gracious host providing her with food from the limited stock he kept at home, the love he gave was meager though, she needed true love to fill her completely. Calvex needed true proper love to heal her completely, and she knew just how to do that. Rally lay on the couch, taking a rest after the long journey to his home and preparing for the long journey to the outskirts of Equestria. Calvex walked up and sat down beside him.

“You know, I’m really thankful for all that you’ve done to help me.” She said, wrapping the fomor guard in a hug. Rally gave her a nervous look, but she could tell by reading his emotions he that he was enjoying it.

Rally blushed, “Well it wasn't anything that special.”

“Oh, stop being so humble!” Calvex laughed, “You’ve done a lot! Remember when we had to run from that dragon and you saved my life?”

“Bu-”

“Or when you used your own money to buy us water?”

“Well…”

“Or let’s not forget the most important, when you threw away your livelihood just for me?”

Rally’s face was bright red now, “Uh, you're welcome I guess?”

Calvex gave him a seductive grin, “Oh, I think you deserve a little something in return.” then she leaned down and pressed her lips against his. Calvex felt a surge of emotion pass through Rally, all of it was positive so she continued kissing him, devouring the love he gave so freely.

After a few seconds she let go, Rally was staring into space a look of bliss evident on his face. “Did you like that?” Calvex asked, although she already knew the answer.

“Yeah.” Rally said blissfully, “Can you do it again?”

“I can do it as many times as you like.” Calvex said as she kissed him again. The lovers stayed in their embrace longer this time, soaking up the euphoria of the moment.

--------------------------------------------------Next Morning------------------------------------------

Calvex woke up suddenly, a bright blast of colour entering her eyes. She sat up in the bed, looking around. She felt movement beside her, looking over she saw Rally Point slowly waking up. The memories of how she got here flooded her brain faster than she could think about them, first they had kissed then… well she didn’t need to go into detail about that. Calvex mentally scolded herself, she should have constrained herself instead of getting caught up in the moment! At least she had more than enough love in her.

Rally sat up and looked over at Calvex. “Did we….”

“Yup.”

Rally fell back in the bed, a regretting expression on his face. “Great. I’m going to sleep in bit more.”

Calvex searched his emotions, no trace of love at all.

Okay, maybe this is worse than I thought.



--------------------------------------------------Two Weeks later------------------------------------------

Rally sat in a oak chair, watching the sunset. Things had gotten extremely awkward between the two after what had happened two weeks ago. Luckily for Calvex the love had been enough to fully heal her and she was able to shapeshift again, making their lives much easier, of course it also had another effect…

Calvex didn’t want to intrude Rally’s peace, especially with the news she had, but it would be worse if she didn’t. Should I cast the spell again to make sure? She thought to herself. You’ve already done that, five times. Another thought reminded

“Rally…” She started, not wanting to rush the news.

“What is it.” He said, slightly annoyed at the interruption.

“Well do you remember what happened two weeks ago when we… you know?”

Rally sighed, “Why are you bringing this up?”

Calvex took a deep breath, “You see I’m… I’m…”

Just spit it out already!

“I’m pregnant.”

Rally’s eye widened, but he didn’t do anything. He just sat, continuing to watch the sun.

The silence pierced Calvex’s heart like a knife. She hadn’t meant to fall in love with him, but it was too late now. With a heavy heart she said, “I’ll go now, I don’t want to be your burden any longer.”

“No!”

Calvex turned. Rally was looking at her, a hoof extended in her direction. “You can’t go.” He whispered.

Calvex felt the sting of water in her eyes, “Why should I stay?” She shouted. “I’ve done nothing but ruin your life, it’s all my fault.” She finished, crying slightly.

Rally got out of his chair and walked up to her, putting a hoof on her shoulder. “It’s as much of my fault as yours.” He admitted, “And besides, what kind of father would abandon his child? No we’ll get through this together.” When he finished he leaned forward and kissed Calvex.

It had been the first time they had kissed since the time two weeks ago, and Calvex loved it. Calvex’s heart was ready to burst from the amount of emotion flowing through her, but one thing stayed certain in her mind.

She had to stay with Rally.



--------------------------------------------------Nine Months later------------------------------------------

Calvex, or Changing Tides, in her new ‘pony’ name. Unwrapped the cloth blanket, revealing the foal she was holding. He had features coming from both parents, mainly the fact that he appeared half pegasus, half changeling. His bright blue eyes looked up at his mother, who stroked his dark black mane in return. “What should we name him?” Changing asked his father, who was standing next to her.

Rally smiled. “Well, he looks like a ‘Blitz’ to me.”

Changing shook her head, “No military names, please.”

Rally rolled his eyes, “Fine, but he looks like a little racer to me. Do you agree?”

Changing grinned, “Yeah, he’s gonna be my little racer.”

“Mach Racer.” Rally Point said suddenly.

Changing gave him a confused look, “Where did that come from?”

“Well, it sounds like a good name to me.”

“Hmm, Mach Racer. I like it.” Changing admitted.

“But how are we going to keep little Mach from being seen? He still looks a lot like a changeling.” Rally asked.

In answer, Changeing waved her horn and a green light surrounded the foal. When it subsided Mach looked like a normal pegasus foal, his dark red fur covering his changeling form. “I cast the shape shifting spell on him, it should keep him protected.”

“Should we tell him?”

“When he get’s older, but it’s much easier to keep a secret that you don’t know.” Changing explained.

Rally leaned in and kissed her on the cheek, little Mach was sleeping soundly.

All was well with the world.

--------------------------------------------------Back to the present------------------------------------------

Mach sat. His mind abuzz with this revelation about his life that had been under his nose the entire time.

Changing, or Calvex as she used to be called, “I’m sorry I had to hide this from you for so long, but it was the only way.”

“It’s fine, I’m just wondering. Why did the spell come off now?” Mach asked.

“Every spell wears out over time, I should have re-cast it when you weren't looking.” Changing said. Mach layed back on his bed, not speeking at all.

Changing gave a worried look, “Is everything okay?”

“Yeah, it’s just a lot to take in.” Mach said, “I think I need a drink.” With that Mach got up and walked downstairs he was about to pour himself a glass of water when he heard the door open.

“Hello?” Rally Point said as he entered his home. Then he turned and faced Mach, as soon as he saw him Rally’s expression became much more serious.

“So, your mother told you everything?”

At first Mach wondered how he knew, then embarrisingly remembered he still looked Half-Changeling.

“Yes.”

Rally shrugged, “Guess we had to tell you eventually.” He said, then Rally stepped closer, “Listen son, I want you to understand that even though you and your mother are changelings, I love you both all the same.” He then pulled Mach into a fatherly hug. Mach smiled, for he knew that everything would work out fine in the end.

Author's Note:

So, this is the unedited version. But I figured it was so long since we had a new chapter that it wouldn't have mattered. Oh, and I'm really sorry about taking what, five months to complete this? Anyway hope you enjoyed it!

Comments ( 4 )

I like it, but you need to get an editor. There are a lot of glaring errors.

I like this story... I hope to see more from it... :pinkiehappy: It looks intersting... And I can't wait until he gets cought and something happens where he has to figure out what to do and has to run for it... And perhaps some sort of crazy intervention... That will be some exciting times! :pinkiehappy:

Login or register to comment