• Published 16th Aug 2013
  • 361 Views, 2 Comments

The Spell Gone Wrong - Kokara



Strange and dangerous monsters from some other world are teleporting into Ponyville after Twilight attempts an unknown spell from a strange book. Now she must stop this invasion and close the portal before Equestria is destroyed.

  • ...
7
 2
 361

The Disaster

Time had passed since the explosion, but Twilight could feel herself waking up and coming back to reality. “Ugh, what happened?” she groaned as she opened her eyes. She realized that she was lying in her bed under the covers. She was feeling a lot better now than she had before falling unconscious. While some of her joints were still aching, most of the pain was gone and she was able to move without much trouble. She got up and rubbed her eyes.
“I’m alive? How? I... I felt myself dying.” she thought to herself, looking down at her hooves. She could have sworn that she was gone for good. That electric bolt did a number on her and she was right next to the crystal when it blew.
She got out of bed and looked around. She noticed that the large semi-circular window next to her bed was completely broken, with a few pieces of sharp glass still embedded into the frame.
“Oh gosh, what happened?”
As she walked over to the window, she was startled by a loud, hoarse shout coming from outside.
“MOVE, MOVE, MOVE! EVERYPONY! KILL THEM! KILL ALL OF THEM! PROTECT THE TOWN AT ALL COSTS!”
Twilight was confused. Kill? Kill what? What was going on? What happened while she was out? What did that damn spell do? She ran over to the window to see what was going on. What she saw made her gasp in shock and her blood run cold. The whole town was in chaos. Buildings were on fire, the corpses of ponies were scattered about, some mutilated beyond recognition, while soldiers were running about. Many of the soldiers looked worn out and beaten, armed with dented or missing armor and covered with cuts all over. What Twilight really noticed was all the blood, oh dear Celestia, the blood. It was everywhere, splattered on buildings, all over the ground, and the coats of the corpses and soldiers. Twilight started to feel sick. She always had a slight feel of blood and always had trouble looking at even the smallest drop of blood and this was a lot more than a drop. The corpses were so much worse. All the bodies were torn up beyond recognition, with organs and limbs everywhere. The only time she had ever seen a dead body was when her at her Uncle Orion’s funeral, and he only died from a heart attack. Whatever killed these ponies was a lot worse than a heart attack. She looked over to her bed and saw the trash can that she kept next to it. Holding it in, she ran over and puked her guts out into it. Gasping for breath, she stumbled over the window to take a look again. The blood and bodies became easier to look at, but still made her pretty uncomfortable. Out of all the things she saw, what frightened her even more than the blood and corpses were the monsters. She saw two kinds of creatures down there, fighting the soldiers, and both were of the likes that Twilight had never seen, and both were terrifying to look at. Some of them running around looked like giant lizards, but with two muscular legs instead of the typical two. They were brownish green in color with black spots decorating their backs from head to tail. Their eyes were bulbous, brown circles mounted on the sides of their heads. The scariest thing about them was the fact that they had several long thick tentacles surrounding their mouths. one of them was spitting a strange green mass of what looked like vomit at a few soldiers, who managed to roll out of the way. The other creatures, however, didn't look as threatening, but they were still scary nonetheless. They were relatively small compared to the other kind, about the size of pumpkins, with smooth, light tan-colored skin and they crawled on four short legs. From what she could see, they didn't appear to have any eyes on their bodies but could still maneuver without trouble, moving towards any soldiers near them.
“They must operate by sound or smell or something.” Twilight thought, observing the two of them as they moved towards some soldiers, an earth pony and pegasus, both with swords ready.

What they did have, to make up for their feeble appearance, was their jump. When the two of them approached the soldiers, one of them leaped at the face of one of them, letting out a high-pitched, jarring squeal. The earth pony soldier was fast enough to swing his sword, knocking the thing into a wall of a nearby building. It fell to the ground, lifeless, and splattered its blood, a light green liquid, on the wall. The other soldier was not so fortunate. In the confusion, the other one jumped at the distracted pegasus soldier, latching on to his face. Screaming the entire time, the soldier dropped his sword and fell over trying to pull the thing off, but with no avail. Blood started to pour down the pony’s face as he fruitlessly tried to pull the creature off. The other guard looked over and his eyes widened in shock.
“SHOOTING STAR! SHIT! HOLD ON, I’M COMING!” he screamed.

But before he could help out his fellow soldier, one of those tentacle-mouthed monsters appeared from around the corner. The soldier stopped in his tracks, sword ready, and turned to face the monster. It let out growl that was a deep raucous sound that made the fur on the back of twilight’s neck stand up. She could see it even made the soldier cringe with fear. Reacting to this, the monster spat a wad of its vomit at the soldier and charged at him. The soldier attempted to jump out of the way, but wasn't quick enough. The wad struck him right in the chest, where he was missing his breastplate, leaving him exposed. Wailing in pain, the soldier fell over clutching his chest, giving the creature the opportunity go in for the kill. While the soldier was squirming on the ground, the monster ran up to him and grabbed his leg with its tentacles, wrapping them all around and up his leg. The soldier tried to get free by kicking the monster’s face, but he did little to phase it. The thing positioned itself by placing its leg on the soldier’s stomach and began to pull on his leg. The whole time, the soldier was moaning from the combined pain of the monster pressing down on his stomach and his leg being yanked at. He gave up kicking it when he saw it did nothing. With one last tug, the creature ripped the leg off, spraying blood everywhere. The soldier screamed in total agony, staring wide eyed at the bloody stump of where his leg used to be. With this the monster began to feast upon his leg, spraying more blood as it ate. The soldier tried to reach for his sword, but found it was just out of reach, knocked away by the thing eating his leg. He looked over at the monster and saw that it was done with its meal. It had picked the bones clean and now it set its sights on the soldier.
“Please, no.” The guard begged, tears streaming down his face as he put his hooves in front of his face in a futile effort to protect himself.
But it was too late. The monster slammed its face into the soldier’s, wrapping his tentacles around his head. The soldier flailed his remaining legs, and muffled screams could be heard as jagged teeth dug into the soldier’s flesh to solidify the creature’s grip as the thing yanked at his head. Just like with his leg, the thing gave one final pull, before it ripped his head clean off. Even more blood sprayed everywhere, covering the ground around them. With the soldier’s head in its tentacles, the thing chucked it off to the side and began to feed on the rest of the pony, starting with his stomach.
While this happened, the other soldier has stopped struggling with the creature on his face and laid still. Enough blood had poured from his face to cover his neck and front legs and the creature had dug deeper into his face, knocking his helmet off to make room. He remained still for a few minutes when he slowly got to his hooves and turned his head to the other monster feasting on the soldier’s corpse. This got its attention, causing it to get up from its meal to face the soldier. The soldier let out a high-pitched, squealing growl, and began to lumber towards the other monster. It stepped back and in retaliation, spat another wad of its vomit at the soldier. The wad struck the soldier where his face used to be, causing him to stumble back. The attack did little to faze the soldier, however, and he continued forward. Seeing that its attack did nothing, the creature charged at the soldier. Seeing this, the soldier responded by getting up on his hind legs and raising his front legs above his head. Just before the monster could make contact, the soldier slammed his hooves down onto the monster’s head, stopping it where it stood. The monster collapsed to the ground, whimpering and withering in pain. The soldier continued to slam the creature’s head with his hooves, alternating between left and right, until the creature was silent and still. Seeing that it was dead, the soldier grabbed one of its tentacles with his hooves and ripped it off, yellow blood squirting out of the tear. He proceeded to push the tentacle in between his face and the creature on his face and eat it. He finished it within a few seconds and tore off another one after.
Twilight stepped back in complete shock. What she had just witnessed was beyond description. The fear she felt at that moment was nothing like she had felt before. She had just watched a guard get brutally killed and eaten by some monster she has never seen before. And that other creature, it didn't just kill that other guard, it took control of his body like some mind-controlling parasite. She started to feel sick again, but this time puked all over the floor, too afraid to run to the trash can and make any noises that could attract the attention of those monsters down there. She stared down at the sickly green puddle for a few seconds when she heard a familiar voice.
“Twilight? Is that you?”
“Spike?” Twilight said as she turned around towards the staircase, hearing someone walk up the stairs. She had forgotten all about him
When Spike made it to the top of the stairs, what Twilight saw disturbed her. Aside from his head and arms, he was covered in the same blood she saw splattered on the wall by the creature. He had a few cuts and bruises on his face and chest but, in general, looked okay. In his hand he was holding a large vegetable knife that was covered in the same green blood.
“Twilight! You’re alright!” He shouted gleefully, dropping the knife and jumping at Twilight, giving her the biggest hug he had ever given. “Oh thank Celestia, I was so worried. I thought you were never going wake up.”
Twilight gagged, “Thanks for the concern Spike. I’m glad to see you’re alright too. Now, could you please let go?” She gagged again. “You’re sort of choking me.”
“Oh sorry Twilight, I didn't mean to.” He said apologetically, letting go and dropping to the ground.
Twilight took a few breathes, “It’s alright Spike, I’m fine.”
“I was just so worried. You had been out for the last two and a half hours, and I didn’t think you were ever going to wake up and, um, sorry that I got some blood on you.” Spike said.
Twilight looked down and saw that her coat got covered in some of the green blood Spike had on him. Normally she would be furious but in a situation like this, a dirty coat was the least of her concerns.
“It’s alright Spike. That can be dealt with later.”
“If we have any time at all.” He reminded.
“Did you say two hours,” Twilight rubbed her head. “Gosh, I've been out that long.”
“Yeah, and um Twilight, are you sure you’re alright? Because I see that you kind of puked, a lot.” Spike said, looking past Twilight at the puddle behind her.
“Oh yeah, that, Twilight answered, looking behind herself. “It doesn't really matter; I just saw some “stuff” outside that made me feel really sick.”
“Oh yeah, that,” Spike said, pointing to the window. “You saw what’s happening out there. Normally, I would grab a mop to clean that mess up, but i guess it doesn't really matter anymore, now that the town has gone to Tatarus.”
Spike’s statement reminded Twilight of what she really wanted to know: What in Equestria was happening? What were these monsters? Where were they coming from? Did the spell cause this? One question was lingering in the back of her head that she didn't want the answer to: How many ponies have died so far?
“Spike, listen to me,” Twilight said, looking her assistant right in the eye. “I need to know exactly what happened since I fell unconscious and more importantly, where are these creatures coming from?”
Spike sighed, “Who knows? Nothing really happened at first after the crystal exploded, except that it woke up everyone in Ponyville. While everypony was up and about, I dragged you upstairs and got you in bed.” That’s when the fir-”
Twilight interrupted, “Wait, you dragged me upstairs?”
“Well um, yeah. To be honest, you’re kind of heavy.”
Twilight glared at him, deep annoyance in her eyes.
“What? It’s true!” He argued
“Just forget about.” Twilight said. She really didn't need to have heard that after being unconscious for more than two hours. “Anyway, continue.”
“Okay, so anyway, after I took you upstairs, that’s when the first one appeared. It was one of the smaller ones, you know, the ones can that jump really far.”
“Oh yeah, I saw one of those outside.” Twilight said, thinking about that soldier and trying her hardest not to cry. “It was horrible, she lamented “That thing latched onto his head and took control of his body.”
“Well that’s what happened the first time too. When it appeared, it didn't crawl into town or anything. No, it just… appeared.”
“Appeared?”
“Yeah, one second, there was nothing, the next, there’s this green flash of light and a loud buzzing and this thing just falls to the ground.”
“Really?”
Spike nodded, “At first, no one knew what it was or what it could do, so some of us gathered around it for a closer look. A few of us like Rarity and some others ran when they saw it, but most of us stayed. That’s when it attacked. One of the mares, I think her name was Carrot Top or something. She got a little too close to it and it jumped right at her and latched right onto her head. She tried to pull it off but it was no use, that thing wouldn't budge. Two guards tried to help her get it off but it still wouldn't come off.” Spike cringed, “Oh man, it was horrible. She was on the ground, failing around and screaming the entire time, begging for the pain to stop, and the blood, oh man the blood. The entire time it just kept pouring down her face and before you knew her entire neck and front legs was covered. One of the soldiers suggested that they use their sword to cut the thing off, but Lyra pointed out that he could accidentally hurt Carrot Top in the process. Big Mac and Applejack ran back to Sweet Apple Acres to grab some tools to help get it off while a couple of soldiers held her down so she wouldn't hurt herself.
“Poor Carrot Top.” Twilight thought woefully. She never knew Carrot Top that well but from her limited experience with her, she was always kind to everyone and a joy to be around. “Is she alright?”
Spike looked to the ground, frowning, “No, after a little while she stopped moving. We all thought that she...” Spike gulped, “Died. Mr. Cake checked her pulse but it turns out, she was still alive. We all waited a few seconds to see if she would move but she was still. We all thought she fell unconscious, so we waited until Big Mac and Applejack came back with some supplies. That’s when she started to stir but this time, instead of flailing and screaming, she got up slowly and looked around at everypony. Mr. Cake tried to talk to her, see if she would say anything, but she only made this weird gurgling sound. She limped over to this other stallion, I think his name was Time Turner or something, and stood there before a few seconds before she attacked him. She moved so fast, and before we knew it, Time Turner was on the ground, holding his jaw and wailing in agony. One of the soldiers rushed at her to restrain her, but she turned around and slammed her hoof across his face, knocking him over too. That’s when a second soldier lunged at her with his sword and stabbed her in the back of the neck, which made her squeal really loudly and flail around a lot. He pushed the sword deeper until it was all the way through her neck. After that, she stopped moving and fell limp and silent. He checked her pulse, but this time,” Spike sniffed. “There was none.”
“Oh no.” Twilight said, tears streaming down her eyes. Well, at least Carrot Top was in a better place, hopefully. She wiped away her tears. “What happened after that?”
“Well after that everyone started panicking, freaking out about what just happened. Time Turner had a broken jaw, but we patched it up, and the soldier was fine because of his helmet, only some bruises. The soldiers managed to keep everypony calm, but that’s when Fluttershy came.”
“Fluttershy?” Twilight inquired, “What happened?” Her eyes widened, “Is Fluttershy alright? She’s not. She’s not dead, is she?
Spike put her hand up. “Relax, she’s fine. It was what she told us that freaked everyone out.”
“Well what did she say?”
“Well first, she came flying in from her cottage with Angel, screaming and shouting. Man she looked scared. Her mane was matted and her coat was a mess, covered in dirt and mud. She landed and started rambling about some things she saw by her cottage. We eventually got her to calm down, which was pretty hard after she saw Carrot Top’s corpse, and explain what she saw. She told said she just saw the same thing that took control of Carrot Top by her cottage attacking her animals along with this other one.
“Another one?” Twilight groaned, “You mean there are more of these things?” The two she saw outside were bad enough, but the idea that there were other kinds out there sounded too horrible to be true.
“Yeah,” Spike said moodily.” I know it sucks.”
“Well what did this one look like?”
“From what she told us, it about the size of a dog and had greenish-yellow skin with electric blue stripes on its back. Where its head should be, there was just one giant compound eye, like a fly’s, that took up its whole face.”
“Really?” Twilight cringed. While it didn’t sound as bad as the ones she saw outside, it might look just as bad if she sees it for herself.
“Yeah, but get this. The weirdest part about it was that it only had three legs.”
Twilight raised her eyebrows, “Three legs?”
Spike nodded, “Yeah, she said it had two front legs but only one back leg.”
“That’s strange.” Twilight had never heard of any animal with an anatomy like that before, but then again, she’s never seen any animals like these before. “Anyway, what happened when she found it?”
“First, she told us that she was woken up by the sound of balking of her hens. She said that they sounded really distressed, so she went to check it out. She said she saw most of her chickens and her other animals were… were dead.”
“Dear Celestia.”
“She said that after she calmed herself down, with a little help from Angel, she went out to have a look around. A few of the surviving chickens were running around, going crazy. Any surviving animals were gone, probably ran from whatever killed her chickens. That’s when she saw it crawling out of the Everfree forest. She said it must have been the one that killed the chickens because it was covered in blood and when the other chickens saw it, they fled. She told us that she never saw anything like it in the Everfree forest before. She said that she tried to run, but she was too scared to move. At that point it took notice of her and started to crawl her way. She was about to bolt when she noticed a green flash of light behind her.
“A green light?” Twilight inquired, “Like the one that everyone else saw when they started to appear?”
“Yup the same one. She said it scared off the creature, making it turn the other way and leave. She said she turned around and saw the same creature I was telling you about running around, checking out the surroundings. Since this one didn't look as dangerous, she stayed to check it out. It was making these high-pitched sounds every now and then, kind of like a dog barking. In fact, she said it was behaving like dog. It was acting really curious, investigating its surroundings and everything. That’s when she decided it was safe enough to get closer. She got about two steps when it noticed her. It ran over to her and stopped right in front of her, staring at her with its huge bug eye. As scared as she was, she tried being friendly with it, asking it things like if it was lost or what kind of animal it was. That’s when it things took a turn for the worst. She said it started it to scrunch its back and let out a high-pitched whine. She didn't know what it was doing, so she took a few steps back to give it some space. That’s when it released some kind of shock wave attack.”
“A shock wave?” Twilight was now more curious than scared. She had never heard of any animal that could emit shockwaves like that, especially as a defensive tactic. She shook her head. What was she thinking? A disaster was going on just outside the library and she was speculating on the biology of some extremely dangerous animals. Maybe she got some mild brain damage from that shock. “Anyway, what did the shock wave do to her?”
“Well she said that’s when she realized how dangerous this thing was. She said that when the shock wave hit her, it immediately knocked her on her back. She said it her entire body was aching terribly and that just trying to move was a challenge. It ran up to her and scrunched up its back again, making the same high-pitched scream, so she knew had to get away. Mustering up all her strength, she flew into her Cottage, grabbed Angel, and flew into town as fast as she could.”
“Why exactly did she grab Angel?” Twilight knew that Fluttershy and Angel were very close, but she didn't see the point in risking tiring yourself out and getting killed by some strange creature to save a rabbit.
“That’s what we asked her when she arrived. She just said that after seeing the bloody carcasses of her animals, she wanted to save something before leaving.”
“Oh.” Twilight looked down, staring at the ground sorrowfully. She felt bad now for asking that question and was a little glad that it wasn't Fluttershy herself who heard the question. “Anyway,” Twilight looked up. “What happened after that?”
“Well after that, Big Mac and Applejack ran into town, saying that they saw the same bug-eyed animal at Sweet Apple Acres running around. It almost got them with its shock wave, but Big Mac managed to kill it with a pitchfork.”
“What about Apple Bloom and Granny Smith? Are they okay?” Twilight gulped. She didn't even want to think about the idea that something happened to them.
“They’re fine, Apple Bloom heard the noise outside and she hid in her room, and Granny Smith was asleep the entire time.”
Twilight rolled her eyes, “Go figure.”
Spike chuckled, “True. Anyway, they moved them into their cellar for their safety and returned. When they did more and more of the things started teleporting in. All kinds, the small face huggers, the bug-eyed ones, and the tentacle-face lizards. Everyone started panicking as the monsters started to attack everything they saw. I ran back inside, both to get away, and to make sure you were safe.”
“Oh dear Celestia,” Twilight looked down, tearing pouring down her face at the realization. “Does that mean,” she choked out, looking up at her assistant. “That everypony is… dead.”
“No, it couldn't be true,” she thought. “It’s just too horrible to be true.”
Spike smiled, “No Twilight, everyone is fine.”
Twilight’s eyes widened. She wiped the tears from her eyes. “Really, but how?”
“Princess Celestia.”
Twilight grinned, giddy with happiness. She knew that if anypony could do something it would be the Princess. “Really!? That’s great! I knew she would do something. So what did she do?”
“Well, from what I saw from here, when more and more monsters started to teleport in, ponies started to teleport away. No one knew what was going on, but more and more just kept teleporting. Pretty soon, it was just me and the soldiers here.”
Twilight was confused by what Spike told her. She understood that the Princess would teleport everypony away to get them to safety, but why not everyone? Why weren't the soldiers saved as well? Why didn't she teleport Spike and her out of here? Most importantly, why were those things still out there?
“If that’s the case Spike, why are we still here? How come the soldiers are still here? Most importantly, why are those things out there still here?”
Spike smile disappeared, “That, Twilight, should be explained in a letter that Princess Celestia sent for you?”
“A letter?” Twilight was more or less annoyed by this. In the time that could have been spent saving everypony, she writes a letter to her. She better have a good explanation. “Well, what did she say?”
“I haven’t read the letter yet. She sent it just after everyone was teleported out. I figured since it was addressed to you, it should be for your eyes only.”
“Um, okay,” Twilight thought that was a bit strange. She appreciated that Spike respected her privacy, but this wasn’t exactly the situation for that.
“Here, let’s go downstairs, I left the letter on the podium.” Spike turned and walked back to the staircase, picking up the knife.
“Spike wait,” Twilight had one question that she had been meaning to ask. A question that was on her mind since Spike came upstairs. “How come you don’t seem scared at all? The town’s in complete disarray, ponies are dying, but you don’t seem that bothered. In fact, you’re pretty calm. What’s up?
Spike turned around to Twilight and sighed, “To be honest, with all that’s going on, there hasn't really been time to be scared.”
“Oh,” Twilight said dumbly. She was glad that Spike wasn’t scared, but his answer still bothered her nonetheless.
At that moment, Spike’s eyes lit up, “Oh! That reminds me. There was somepony looking for you.”
Twilight looked at Spike inquisitively. Somepony was looking for her? Why? And what for? “Somepony looking for me? Who?”
Spike scratched his head, “I don’t remember what his name was. All I remember was that he said he was a guard for Princess Celestia who was visiting Ponyville on leave when the disaster struck and now has been helping the soldiers fight off the monsters. He came by a little after everypony was teleported out and I got the letter from Celestia. He said that he had gotten a letter from her as well to find you, saying that he needed to help you out with something.”
Twilight was confused. Help her? Help her with what? Was she supposed to do something? She rubbed her head and groaned. Too many questions and not enough answers. “Well where is he?”
“When he originally came, I told her you were out cold from the shock of what was happening.” Spike looked down, “I didn't want to tell anyone what really happened, not yet at least.”
Twilight smiled, “I understand Spike.” She didn't want anyone to know what really caused the explosion and, for now, let them believe that it was spontaneous. When this is all over, she might tell the truth. However, at the same time, she never wanted to admit that this was her fault. With all the death and destruction, how would ponies react? They’d hate her, loathe her for what he had been her fault. Twilight’s eyes widened, her mouth dropped.

Her fault. That’s what this was. This massacre, this slaughter, all this anarchy. It was her fault. She should have waited to ask Princess Celestia if she knew anything about this but no. She let her curiosity get the better of her, and now she alone is responsible for the damage. Unable to handle this realization, she burst into tears, wailing at the top of her lungs. She didn't care if those things out there heard her, she didn't care if anyone heard her. She just needed to let it all out.
“Twilight!?” Spike shouted, startled by Twilight’s bawling. He ran up, dropping his knife and hugged her. “What’s the matter? What’s wrong?”
“Everything. E-everything i-is wrong.” Twilight choked out between sobs. “All of this i-is b-because of m-me. I-I just h-had to t-try s-some s-pell I knew n-nothing about. And now!” She screamed, pushing Spike away and pointing to the window. “Everything is ruined beyond belief because of me!” Now she was feeling angry. Not at Spike, and not at anypony but herself. She had only herself to blame, and she hated herself for it.
Spike looked at her worryingly, “Twilight, you need to calm down. It’s not your fault you didn't know what would happen. Besides, we can’t let those things hear us or…” Before he could finish, Spike was interrupted by a sudden hard knocking at the door.
“Now who the fuck could that be?” Twilight growled. Since the last visitor left her an apocalypse-bringing spell book and a rock, she wasn't in the mood for anypony’s bullshit.
“Ah!” Spike gasped, “That must be our guy! The one I was telling you about. I told him to come back when you wake up. He must have heard you crying. Wait here, I’ll go and get him.”
Twilight shook her head, wiping her tears away for what must have been the fourth time so far. She felt a little better after crying like that. “Nuh-uh, I’m coming down with you. I want to meet this guy and find out what he’s supposed to help me with, and I need to see that letter you mentioned. Want to find out what the Princess had to say to him and me.”
Spike Shrugged, “Suit yourself.”
“Um, Spike, I need to ask about the knife,” Twilight pointed to the knife on the ground. “Is that green stuff what I think it is?” She hoped it wasn't what she thought it was.
“Oh, this?” Spike said, picking up the knife. “Yeah, some of those head-huggers teleported in here, but it’s okay though, I took care of them.
“Wait,” Twilight cringed, her suspicions confirmed. “You mean they’re coming in here? Oh no.” Twilight had hoped that the library would have been a safe place to hide out but if they were teleporting in here that means that they were most likely finding their way into other buildings. That meant no place was safe.
“Yeah,” Spike continued. “But it’s fine. There’s no need to worry. There were only two of them, they teleported in over an hour ago, and I killed them bo-”
Spike was interrupted by more knocking, even louder and harder than before.
“Well,” Spike shrugged. “Let’s not keep him waiting.”
When they got downstairs, Twilight was appalled by the scene she saw. Books, burned and torn, were all over the place, and all the windows were boarded up. Twilight noticed by the door two mutilated corpses of those head monsters Spike had killed, lying in a pool of their own blood.
“Gross.” Twilight cringed. She looked at the rest of the library one more time and sighed. “So much for reorganization.”
“Yeah I know, it’s gross”, Spike said, walking over to the door and unlocking it. “But at least they’re dead.”
Spike had barely opened the door when a pegasus pushed his way in, knocking Spike over, and quickly slammed the door.
“Spike!” He yelled, “It’s about time! I heard crying! That must mean she’s awake! We need to move now before we’re too…” His tirade was interrupted when he took notice of Twilight. Staring at her for a few seconds, he cleared his throat. “Hello ma’am, you must be Twilight Sparkle, am I correct?”
“Um yeah,” Twilight took a good look at him. He was a relatively young looking pegasus, about her age, with a yellow-orange coat and sapphire blue eyes, mane and tail. He was wearing golden armor that was dented in a few places and covered with blood, some green, some red. “Who are you, exactly?”
He smiled, “The name’s Sentry. Flash Sentry.”