• Published 15th Aug 2013
  • 12,824 Views, 1,139 Comments

The Adventures of Damon Lipton - Mr101



After being tricked into using a forbidden spell to enter the void, Damon Lipton is turned into a Lich and thrown into Equestria by the God of Mischief. Dorian the Deranged.

  • ...
49
 1,139
 12,824

PreviousChapters Next
Chapter XX - The Great and Powerful Annoyance part IV

Author's Note:

[Edited Version to come.] Any errors, feel free to let me know!

Only one more part left in the Great and Powerful Annoyance arc... and I hope you will enjoy it.

The Adventures of Damon Lipton

Chapter XX - The Great and Powerful Annoyance part IV

To her credit, Trixie had remained quiet for the duration of the trip back to Berry Punch’s house. During this time, Damon had allowed his mind to wander through a series of important questions that were going through it.

How would he be able to break the bond between him and Trixie?

What was Dorian’s second part of his punishment?

How much would be left of him after Kalanar finds out?

He shuddered at the last question, daring not to even try and answer that one. They soon had crossed the town and came to Berry’s home. Trixie looked over the building, inspecting every part of it.

“Trixie must say, this home is not to bad.”

“That’s… new,” Damon snickered at her giving a compliment.

“And what’s that supposed to mean,” Trixie snorted.

Damon chuckled and raised his hands up, “Nothing, nothing. Come on, lets go and tell Berry the bad news.”

Trixie scowled at the lich as he pulled out a set of keys from a pouch on his robes and unlocked the door, entering and being followed by the unicorn. Once inside, Trixie began to inspect her surroundings again and sniffed.

“Not too bad, could be a bit more extravagant but Trixie will have to suffice for now.”

“Damon?” Berry called before looking down the hall from the kitchen and seeing Trixie. “What is she doing here?”

Trixie nervously swallowed as the mother glared daggers at her. Damon sighed and walked over to Berry, poking her nose and bringing her out of her death glare.

“Long story short, she’s either got to stay here or I go live with her.”

“But why?” Berry asked, upset at the thought of him leaving.

Damon sighed again, “Observe.”

Berry watched as he opened the front door and started to walk. Trixie yelped as she started to get pulled along by the aura connecting them and screamed profanities at the lich for startling her. Damon then stopped and Trixie huffed, re-entering the house and pulling the lich behind her.

“See?” he asked.

Berry sighed and nodded, “I see. And how long is this going to last?”

“Well… I’m going to see what Master Kalanar makes of it, and see what he says. Hopefully, he’ll know a spell that can cancel this curse.”

Berry groaned and bit her lip before sighing in defeat again, “Fine, she can stay in your room. Just… make sure I don’t catch her being rude to Pinchy again.”

“Trust me, she won’t,” Damon nodded before leaning down and whispering. “Least you’re not stuck to her.”

Berry giggled as Damon snickered and headed for the stairs, “Come on, Trixie. This way.”

“Where are we going?” the unicorn asked.

“Showing you where you’re sleeping,” Damon replied.

Berry returned to her dishes she was cleaning with a smirk on her lips. Berry knew full well where she was going to be sleeping, She twitched her ears as she quietly waited. The mare stopped when she heard the footsteps above her approach Damon’s bedroom and started to count down.

“3… 2… 1…”

“WHAT DO YOU MEAN TRIXIE HAS TO SHARE A BED WITH YOU?!”


Celestia sipped from her cup of afternoon tea as a lovely breeze gently blew over her, Luna and Blueblood. They had finished with the morning court earlier than expected and decided to have a nice lunch of tea and sandwiches out in the palace gardens. Luna—who was pouring a large amount of sugar into her cup—hummed softly to herself.

“Auntie?” Blueblood asked, watching the white sugar rapidly fill the cup. “Isn’t that enough?”

“Fret not, dear nephew,” Luna dismissed him with a hoof. “I’ll be fine.”

Blueblood looked to Celestia who merely shook her head at him, “I spent years trying to curve her sugar habit, tried and failed.”

Blueblood decided it was best not to press any further, he simply levitated his own tea to his lips and continued to watch as Luna’s tea became nearly entirely sugar.

“Besides, I like the hit it brings,” Luna giggled.

Again, Blueblood looked to Celestia, “But what about the night court? Surely Auntie Luna will be crashed by then!”

Celestia giggled, “How do you think she is awake in the day, Blueblood. Lu-Lu created a spell for herself just over a month ago that allows her body to require less sleep than the average ponies.”

“I see… how did she manage that?” he asked.

“Well, it took a lot of magic,” Luna replied. “Tia helped me.”

Celestia nodded, “Mhm, it took a lot out of us, but I think it was worth it.”

“So…” Blueblood started. “When she is tired and I take over the court, that’s when the spell is essentially requiring her sleep in order to work?”

“Correct,” Celestia smiled.

Blueblood smiled as he nibbled a sandwich, sighing happily as another breeze of wind blew over the family. As they continued to enjoy themselves, Celestia’s ears flickered at the sound of humming that was in the air.

“Do you two hear that?” she asked.

Luna looked up and flicked her ears, “Now that you mention it… I can.”

Blue blood tilted his head as he saw a small orb whizzing towards them, “Uh… Aunties?”

They both looked in the direction he was indicating and both saw the orb. Just as Luna went to charge her magic up, thinking it was a threat, Celestia raised her hoof and calmed her sibling down.

“Hold on, I can sense Kalanar’s magic on it.”

Luna nodded and watched as the orb came closer before stopping in front of them. There was a brief pause before it shone up and they heard Kalanar’s message. Immediately, the two sisters stood up.

“Guards! Ready our carriage at once!” Celestia cried.

Two nearby guards saluted and raced off. Celestia then turned to Blueblood and placed a hoof on his shoulder.

“You are in charge until our return.”

Blueblood nodded as he watched his two aunts race off towards the carriage holding, Celestia sending off a scroll to Twilight. He sighed and sipped his tea, a little downhearted the lunch had been ruined. Blueblood cast his gaze in the direction of the small town and frowned.

Be safe… he thought to himself.


“Trixie will not sleep in this bed with you, familiar!”

“Who said you were going to sleep in the bed?! You’re sleeping on the floor in a sleeping bag!”

The Great and Powerful Trixie, does not sleep on the floors! You sleep in the bag!”

“This is my room!”

“And I’m your Mistress!”

The two stopped yelling at each other and flinched as they heard Berry yelled up from downstairs.

“BOTH OF YOU WILL SLEEP OUTSIDE IF YOU DON’T COME TO AN AGREEMENT!”

Damon looked at Trixie and she looked back at him and they both sighed. Damon scratched his skull and groaned in annoyance.

“Look, how about I make a magic barrier in the middle so we each have a side?” he asked.

Trixie pondered his suggestion for a moment whilst tapping her hoof on her chin, “Trixie… feels this is acceptable. But tomorrow, you will buy Trixie a new bed!”

“Fine, fine. As long as you quit whining!” Damon replied.

Damon rolled his eyes and waved his hand over the bed, there was a flash of white as a line erected up in the middle of the bed. Trixie walked over to the bed and moved her hoof over the middle, meeting an invisible barrier that clunked when her hoof touched it. Satisfied, she nodded and turned to Damon. She was about to speak when the door opened and Pinchy raced in, pouncing at Damon who caught her.

“Uncle Bones! Me and the girls are going to Sugarcube corner, can you come with me?” she grinned.

Damon grinned back and cuddled her to his chest, “Of course I will, I could go for a—”

“Familiar!” Trixie barked. “You will go nowhere, Trixie wishes to rest.”

“No can do,” Damon replied.

Trixie snorted, “And why not? I’m your Mistress, you will obey me!”

“I have a Pinches, your argument is invalid,” Damon replied as he squeezed the giggling Pinchy.

“But… but…”

Damon ignored her as he started to squeeze Pinchy’s belly repeatedly as she giggled, “And I shall call her squishy and she shall be mine, and she shall be my squishy!”

Pinchy kept giggling as she wriggled in the lich’s grip. Trixie scowled at Damon, but she was tired, so groaned in defeat.

“Fine, Trixie will come with you. But you will buy Trixie a cupcake.”

“Fine, fine. Lets go.”

Damon sat Pinchy on his shoulders as she clung on with a grin and he started to head out the door. Trixie sighed as she followed him out and down the stairs, Berry waiting for them.

“Don’t be out too long, okay? And please Damon… don’t let her eat too many sweets…”

Damon nodded, “Alright, will do.”

“Awww…” Pinchy pouted.

Berry giggled, “You have dinner to eat still, remember?”

“Oh yeah…” Pinchy smiled sheepishly.

“Alright, see you later, sweetie. Love you.”

“Love you to, mummy!”

“I get love?” Damon asked as Pinchy gave her mother a pouty look with puppy eyes.

Berry rolled her eyes and shaked her head, “Love you to, Damon.”

Trixie snorted as she nudged Damon with her horn towards the door, Damon snickered as he walked out being followed by the mare. The trio made their way through the town as Pinchy and Damon sand a random song loudly, much to the annoyance to the unicorn mare.

As they turned a corner into the street where the shop was located, they spotted the rest of the cutie mark crusaders as well as some of the other foals of the town heading into the shop.

“Quick! We’re gunna be the last there!” Pinchy cried,

“No we’re won’t,” Damon smirked. “Hold on Pinches.”

Pinchy giggled as she held tightly and in a flash of light, Damon teleported. They appeared in the shop, startling everyone inside and Damon chuckled, seeing the last one to enter was Button Mash.

“Hah, told you!”

“Score! Hurray for Uncle Bone!” Pinchy cried.

There was a sudden flash and Trixie appeared beside them in the air, giving a startled yelp as she crashed into the floor.

“Oh, hey, Trixie,” Damon snickered.

“Next time!” Trixie snorted as she stood up and straightened her hat. “Warn Trixie before you do that!”

“Yeah, yeah,” Damon muttered.

Pinkie bounced over to them in order to greet them, grinning from ear to ear.

“Hi Damon~!” she said in a sing song voice.

“Hey, Pinks. Got a table for three?”

“Uhuh! I heard about what happened earlier, sucks doesn’t it?” Pinkie replied.

“Hey!” Trixie snorted.

“Don’t even know the half of it,” Damon chuckled as he followed the pink mare.


“Bloody yeti… I call hacks!” Dorian grumbled.

The mischief god put his hands in his pockets as he continued to stomp through the Everfree forest in a strop. He’s lost another thousand or so games to the yeti and in a fit of anger, had incinerated him before storming off and going for a stroll in the forest.

“Ah well, best I’d be getting on with Damon’s next pun—”

He was interrupted as he heard two voices approaching him. Dorian slunk into the shadows and waited, before two small colts, one chubby and one lanky, came into view.

“Gee, I dunno, Snips,” the tall one said. “Isn’t this dangerous?”

“Well duh!” Snips replied. “But we gotta show the town that Trixie is the best! She did summon that bone guy!”

“But… he has been living in town for a month now, right?” the tall one asked.

“Not important,” Snips waved a dismissive hoof. “What is important is we find—”

The two stopped as they came to a cave and Snips grinned.

“This is it, Snails! This where we’re gunna find one!”

Dorian watched in amusement as the two entered the cave, only to run out seconds later as a roar rumbled from within, and run screaming all the way back to town.

Dorian quickly stepped out and headed to the cave before. He clapped his hands together and entered it, the area lighting up as the god walked deeper into the cave.

“Hello? Anyone home~?” he called out in a sing-song voice.

A loud rumbling roar was his reply and he looked up as the purple and black, star patterned, towering hulk started to rise up before him. Dorian blinked and grinned maniacally at it before his eyes started to turn pure white, his skin cracking and a few whiskers appeared on his face.

“You… are purrfect for Damon’s punishment part two… just got to… brrreak you first.”

Birds flew off in different directions as two roars filled the cave, one of something attacking, and the other from fear.


Kalanar panted as he raced into the town and looked around, trying to hone in on the dark magic signature. He growled in frustration when he couldn’t detect it anymore and his sword vanished.

“I need to find Damon,” he muttered. “Need to find him and whatever it was I saw…”

He took a few deep breaths in order to calm himself and straightened out his robes before starting to walk. He figured heading over to Berry Punches house would be the best place to start, given his residence there. However, a thought occurred to him.

He didn’t know where she lived.

A further thought occurred to him.

He never asked Damon where she lived.

With a sigh and shake of his head, he looked around to find the nearest pony. He recognized the one that was selling apples as Applejack and briskly made his way over there. The orange mare looked up, seeing the elf approach her and gave him a friendly smile.

“Well howdy there, Mister Kalanar. What can ah do ya for?”

“Good afternoon, Miss Applejack. I was wondering if you could be so kind as to direct me to Miss Punch’s house?”

“Sure, jus’ gimme a sec,” she replied.

Kalanar waited for her to put a ‘closed’ sign on her cart before smiling to him and leading him down a road. As they walked, she looked up at the mage with curiosity.

“So, somethin’ wrong, partner?” she asked.

“Nothing is, why’d you ask?” he replied.

“Somethin’ ‘bout your face, it says that somethin’ is bothering you.”

“How can you tell that from a persons face?” he asked, raising a brow.

Applejack smirked, “Ah ahm the element of honesty, after all. I just find it easier to read ponies is all.”

“Right, right,” Kalanar nodded. “If you must know, everything is fine to a degree. Just need to talk to my student about something.”

“To a degree?”

“Yes.”

Applejack gave him a suspicious look but shrugged as they carried on. They soon arrived at Berry’s home and he knocked on the door, waiting patiently. Berry opened the door and looked up at him and smiled.

“Oh, hello, Kalanar.”

“Afternoon, Miss Berry,” Kalanar replied. “I was wondering if you knew where Damon was.”

“Ah, he’s over at Sugarcube corner. You know how to get there?” Berry replied.

“Ah can show him, sugarcube,” Applejack smiled.

Berry smiled back, “Okay, Applejack. I’ll see you later.”

They said their goodbyes and Applejack and Kalanar started to make their way over to the shop. On the way they saw the rest of the elements along with Spike making their way over to the shop. After a quick hello, Twilight informed them that they were meeting the princesses over at the library but were going to alert Pinkie and Applejack herself, upon finding out Damon was related to what the princess was going to tell them they all decided to go to the shop to get Pinkie Pie together.

As they entered the shop, Pinkie waved to them, as did Damon and Pinchy. Trixie’s jaw dropped upon seeing the other humanoid walk in.

“Damon! Thank Varlos I found you,” Kalanar said.

“What’s wrong, Master?” Damon asked.

Trixie scowled, shaking her self out of her shock, “He’s not your Master, Trixie is!”

Both mages and the filly ignored her as Kalanar continued.

“I was tracking something from the castle, it was—” he saw Pinchy and some of the ponies looking at him and sighed to Damon. “Best talk in my native tongue, I don’t want to scare anyone here.”

Okay, so whats the problem?” Damon asked.

“I was in the castle when I felt an odd magic signature, and then I felt your magic going off like an explosion.” Kalanar said.

“Yeah, was angry at the unicorn so took it out on a crate,” Damon replied.

“Why?” Kalanar asked, looking at Trixie.

“Long story, will tell you later. Now, what about this magic?”

“It was dark, Damon. Dark magic.”

“Like, our dark or Equestrian dark?” Damon asked a little concerned.

Kalanar sighed softly, “I couldn’t tell, it was too powerful for me to fully recognize it.”

“I see… so what now?”

“It was heading for the town, I alerted the princesses via my scribe ball and they should be arriving here soon. I need your help finding it, Damon, discreetly. I don’t want to cause any unnecessary panic if it isn’t here.”

Damon nodded, “Alright, I’ll take Pinches home first… but the unicorns coming with us.”

“Why?”

“One word, Dorian.” Damon grumbled.

“What has he done this time?” Kalanar asked, his eye twitching a little.

“Let’s just say… he decided we needed to bond,” Damon sighed.

Kalanar groaned as a light aura appeared around the two and he slapped his forehead. He then smacked the back of Damon’s skull. The ponies all stared at the two, confused as to what they were discussing in such a strange dialect.

“You’re an idiot…” he sighed, speaking normally again. “Hold on, let me fix it.”

Kalanar concentrated for a moment as his eyes shone brightly, he started to shake and pant as he held the aura in his hand making it glow like his eyes. Trixie watched in awe—and slight fear—as the aura suddenly vanished.

“Okay,” the elf panted. “That was tricky… you two are still attached, but it should break within the next twenty four hours.”

Before Damon could say a word, a trumpet sounded, announcing the arrival of the princesses. The two mages, along with the rest of the customers exited the shop and bowed upon seeing the two princesses standing there.

“Thank you for coming, your highness’” Kalanar said.

“Good afternoon, my little subjects. And good afternoon, Damon and Kalanar,” Celestia replied

“We came as soon as we could, although we cannot feel it now, we did detect a hint of dark energy as we approached,” Luna replied.

Kalanar nodded, although groaning as she let slip what he was trying to hide as Celestia gave her sister a glare along with Kalanar. Making the dark alcorn smile sheepishly a she realised her mistake.

“Thats why you needed to find Damon?” Applejack asked as she and her friends looked up at him, having overheard the princess. “‘Cos of this ‘dark energy’?”

The ponies began to murmur in worry with one another as Kalanar sighed, “Yes… but please remain calm. Me and Damon will be investigating it along with the Princesses, you do not need to be afraid.”

Some of the ponies murmured again, but Applejack and the other elements merely smirked at him, save for Fluttershy who was a little nervous.

“We are the elements, Master Kalanar,” Twilight beamed. “We can help!”

“Alright, but you need to be care—”

“RUN, RUN FOR YOUR LIVES!” Snips yelled.

“MONSTER!” Snails added.

They all watched in confusion as the two colts ran past screaming, before a loud roar rumbled over the town, making them turn around in the direction they came from.

“WHAT IN TARNATION IS THAT THING?!” Applejack screamed.

The ponies all screamed seeing a large mass rising up from the border of the town in the forest that formed into a giant blob of shadows, two giant red eyes forming as it let out a loud and powerful roar. Its body was a mixture of black and white spots, stripes and zig-zags that were continuously changing pattern, to long, clawed arms shot out of it and from atop its head.

A lone figure stood.

“LOOK WHAT I MADE~!” Dorian gleefully shouted in a sing song tone.

“Everyone, get to safety. Now!” Kalanar barked.

The ponies needed no telling twice, they all made a run for the outskirts of town ,desperate to get away from the hulking monstrosity.

“Spike, take Pinches and go find Berry then get out of here,” Damon ordered the little dragon.

Spike nodded and took Pinchy’s hoof, but stopped when Pinchy whimpered up at Damon.

“Uncle Bones?” she whimpered.

“I’ll be okay, Pinches. You need to protect your mother okay?” Damon reassured her with a hug. “Can you do that for me?”

She nodded and sniffled.

“That’s my niece, now go with Spike. Go.”

Pinchy nodded as she and Spike ran off, Damon watching as ponies alerted ponies who were still in their homes and turned around to look at the monstrosity.

Kalanar summoned his sword in his right arm as did Damon, both glowing orange and blue respectively. Celestia, Luna and Twilight’s horns all started to glow as Kalanar glared up at the monster.

“How shall we do this?” Celestia asked.

“Firstly, order your guards to stay with the civilians,” Kalanar replied.

Celestia nodded and looked to the guards that had accompanied them, they saluted and raced after the civilians as Kalanar continued.

“Now, first objective, we lure it into the forest away from the town. Second objective, we kill it,” Kalanar said.

“Easy enough,” Luna smirked.

The girls looked a little nervous as he said the word, but nodded regardless. Trixie gulped nervously.

“W-what about Trixie?” she asked. “T-the bond isn’t broken yet!”

“Stay close to me, Trixie. Okay?” Damon said, giving her a reassuring nod.

“Like Trixie has a choice…” she mumbled.

“PART TWO, DAMON! HAVE FUN~!” Dorian shouted before vanishing.

Damon growled under his breath as his sword burned bright orange as the flames danced around it, looking to Kalanar with a nod.

“Lets go!” Celestia ordered.

PreviousChapters Next