• Published 15th Aug 2013
  • 967 Views, 5 Comments

World's Element - Father Mordteiva



An ancient power lay's dormaint below. But when it's awaken will it be a signal of the end, or a glimpse of a new beging. Secrets are made all the time, but some are buried to be forgotten

  • ...
21
 5
 967

2

Awakened Nightmare

They stayed frozen as they were for a large chunk of time as the Man on the throne continued to snore away. Punch slowly lifted his head to look over his shoulder to see the raised dais the man sat on. He slowly rose to his feet dragging the young princess with him as yet another snore resonated throughout the chamber. Even after they were standing, he still clutched the princess to his chest protectively. Twilight finally though pushed him off as her curiosity told her it was okay to let go. SHe took a close look at him from where they were. she could tell he was tall, or was that just a trick of the light from the cavern and the height at which he sat, He wasn’t wearing any kind of clothes she readily recognized, and for at least the time being he was deep asleep. She looked over at Punch and opened her mouth to whisper something,. She halted and they stared wide eyed when the Man snorted and readjusted his position on the THrone he sat, Now opting to sleep on his other arm that like the previous he had propped up at the elbow. His breathing evened out and became normal,

It became eerily quiet without the snoring rebounding around it. They looked at each other for a second time. Twilight looked back at the man for a small time. Then she felt a nudge in her mind. She looked back at Punch. before she heard his voice in her mind.

“Princess i think it would be best if we leave now before he awakens.” His mind's voice sounded genuinely worried. It was a small safety thing that her personal guard which consisted of ten Changelings had insisted on. They taught her how to make a small like mini hive with her and she could directly speak or command them through it.

“Punch we should stay, if he wakes and no ones here it could be like telling Chrysalis to stay away from the West wing of the Castle. No we should wait for him to wake and be friendly and diplomatic.”

“Then we come back with Princess Celestia, as it’s her position to make relations with foreign or unknown Nation’s and group’s.” He pointed out to her as he began to steadily pull her toward the Entrance. She looked back toward the raised throne once more as she shuffled behind him before silently submitting with a shake of her head and walking toward the entrance. She clutched the book close to her so that she didn't lose it. Sad that she couldn't meet this strange man but inwardly giddy at the prospect of a new book to read. Still something was wrong she could feel it. The chamber once dormant now felt, alive, as if it was filled with some force both vast and old. On a whim she decided to extend her magical presence, she didn't feel any magical force other than Punch’s. Still the presence remained like a blanket that had been through over her world making it difficult to breath. She pressed forward with her search delving deeper past Punch’s. Still nothing was apparent nothing strange. There! she felt something miniscule tiny. it wasn't very powerful and was fading away as if it was losing energy. It was also very old energy, and not whatever was making her feel watched. She continued to ponder on what she had found and didn’t even notice that Punch had stopped walking till he pulled her back

She looked at him accusingly before using her mind speak to brett him.
“Why did you do that?” He didn't answer her but instead decided to point forward. She looked ahead and saw the archway they had entered through earlier. She looked at him with her brow raised. “This is the way we came in so logically this is the way out . Let’s go.” She said clearly annoyed now. But as she made to move forward he grabbed her arm again and yanked her back.

“Look at the ground”. His mind speak was filled with a sense of urgency. She looked at the ground of the arch. It didn't look different. The ground in front of it was covered in the etch marks that surrounded the ground around the chamber. Now though they were lite with a slight bluish tinge, much like the rest of the markings. she noted it as she looked behind her to see the rest lite with the same color tinge. The Open flower gave off a soft light that made it easy to look at and lite the whole chamber up . She concentrated back at the ground of the arch. Nothing looked very concerning except the slight flicker at it’s corners but,...wait flicker. She looked at one of the corners and watched it till she saw a jump of the light from the ground of the arch into the archway itself. She used a bit more magic, berating herself on the waste, and could detect all kinds of metal and more importantly Electricity.

“It’s electrified.” she said as she looked at him. He shook his head.
“But why would it be electrified now there weren't any traps before, so why now is their one to keep us from simply walking away?” Punch was no help in this as he merely shrugged. On a whim she took a step forward and watched as the ruins glowed a bit brighter. “It’s not a trap. But then somebody wants to keep us here. And we weren't followed down here so who could...it...be?” Twilight slowed her monologue as the feeling of being watched made the hair on the back of her neck raise.They looked once at each other before slowly turning around to face the center of the room. Where there apone his trone sat the Leaning form of the man on it. His head resting on his hands as they form a perch. His head resting comfortingly on it. They stared at him as he slowly reclined and sat straight up in his chair, His hands resting now on the armrests of the throne. They waited as if for some unseen signal or him to speak.They stood for a minute or two before his hand came up beckoning them to come forward.

Twilight quickly got ahold of herself and walked forward till she stood a couple of feet from the base of the Dias and cleared her throat.
“Hello Sir, my name is Princess Twilight Sparkle Co-ruler of Equestria and and User of the Elements of Harmony.” She bowed at her waist a bit and noticed Punch wasn't around her. She quickly waved her arm behind her as if she was calling him forth. She also yelled in her mind for him to get up here and be hospitable. He quickly came up and bowed like the princess did as she introduced him.
“And this is Valatietion Kreagern. One of my personal guards and best friends. She looked up to the Man and saw a confused look on his face. He opened his mouth but no sound came out. she watched him and could tell he was talking but she heard nothing. He seemed to notice and cleared his throat before speaking again.

“Appologies mea oblitus sum, quod nemo potest dicere, quod luanguage. Sed nunc qui estis vos, pendentia, in area prohibetur?” His voice came to her clear and pronounced. But she could hear the touch of sadness.

“Im sorry,” she told him, “i don’t understand”

He Cleared his throat again “Tu nu înțelegi dvs. luanguage bază elementară, au un fel nostru cu adevărat căzut atât de scăzut?

I don’t…

His Face contorted into a slight amount of disappointment as he spoke again ” Έτσι, αυτό είναι το πόσο μακριά ο κόσμος δεν πέφτει καν να μιλούν τις γλώσσες τους μάθαμε. Και ήταν τόσο σίγουρος αρμονία δεν θα μας αλλάξει.”

She froze up for a moment as she translated what he said in her mind. But it still wasn't good enough for him as he quickly started to clear his throat and cough up some kind of blockage.

‘Hmmm” He coughed again before continuing. “Hello,hello. Ehh what a horrible dialect. Im going to hate speaking like this. Now Who are you to think you have the right to enter this forbidden chamber.

“Im sorry we didn't Know it was forbidden.

Dont play stupid with me child” He warned his voice become firm. Sucker Punch came out of the bow he was in and got an arm protectively in front Twilight.

“Watch what you say this is one of the Princesses of Equestria where you live. So show her your respect.

My Respect. My Respect is not something to give boy know butt out of this conversation as your life is currently in my hands.

Are you threatening me sir?” He Punch asked threateningly.

“NO im informing you, Your species is forbidden upon death to come within ten klicks of this Temple. The only thing stopping me from killing you is the fact the princess trusts and protects you.” Twilight decided now was a good time to jump in and prevent something she had never seen.

“Okay okay, Punch please thank you but, please stand down.” She put her hand on his arm as he put it back to his side. “Now im sorry sir for having trespassed we truly did not know that this place existed until a scroll showed me it. So Please can we all be calm and just be friends here?” It was an innocent question enough, But one she soon regretted making.

Friennddss.” His voice hissed out darkly as he suddenly jumped up from his throne. Now being so close she could truly tell his height, He was easily eight feet maybe close to nine. She could just see part of his chest and arms as the muscle clenched under the skin. His eyes now that she looked gave her great pause with their Vertical snakelike slit’s. It was enough to make them feel as if he was pushing them away his bare hands as they stepped back. “ After all that your kind has done to me and more importantly my family you want me to let that be and call you friend!” The etchings started to show what Twilight thought was Magical aura’s as they started to appear and become an ever darker green. They were suddenly frozen and showered into mist. “So even now my power is trying to be sealed. That will have to be first dealt with.”His voice was laced with discontent. They watched as he raised his hands breathing as he did till he held one arm eye level palm down and the other to his waist palm up. The Auras reappeared as he breathed in once more. Twilight looked around and saw that the entrance was bathed in a harsh purple light from two points on either side of the arch. “Now we begin.”

He breathed out and slowly, as if they were being repealed from another, he brought his hands together. The Air grew heavy and hard to breath as the Chamber seemed to vibrate with power. The Auras shot into the air as his hands came ever so slowly together. They became a Dark Green that it could almost be black and sparks of black lightning hissed out of them at their base. The two motes of light next to the arch were slowly growing dimmer and dimmer as the Auras got higher and higher. The air continued to get harder to breath. Twilight fell to her knees gasping. Her vision was blurring as the air became too thin and heavy to breath. She tried to cast a spell around her but failed to do so without both hands to hold her up from the ground. Just before she completely lost consciousness and could blackout she heard a single piercing cry.

Trouble, Punch had known there was trouble. The Archway had only been the start. Ever since walking through it he had felt on edge and the voice in the back of his mind had begun whispering to him once again. For his sake at being at his princesses side he did as he always had when he heard it, ignored it. When the had risen the flower the whisper had become a shout, but not of warning as it usually was. No it was as if something deep down was in celebration. He was almost deafened by it when the Man had started speaking. Now with his power filling the chamber it felt like the voice was outside and almost acting like a shield. He stood by the princesses side trying to get her to breath as she fell to her knees. Her arms shook violently about ready to drop out from under her. Punch looked at the Man of the Dais as his hands came close to touching one another. He felt something stir inside him. An energy he didn't recognize, he called on it pulled it forward and yelled with all his might to try and get the Man ‘s attention..

“Stop!” The single word acted like a catalyst. He watched as a thin white clear bubble popped into existence. It spread for a good ten feet all around him before the Power in the chamber eradicated it like a leaf in a blender. At the same time the Aura’s vanished and Twilight feel to the ground gasping in large lungfuls of air. Punch crouched down next to her to check on her.

“How fascinating” He heard behind him. Punch shot up to his feet and whirled around to find the man right in front of him. “You are a true enigma to the world, and you’ve been suppressing your power. For shame as its a gift not a disease.” Punch threw his arm at the man hoping to hit him the chest. His move was easily dodged as the man took a few steps back smiling. Punch noted the teeth as they looked normal except for the Canines looked draconic with their curved sharp edging.

“Why” he asked him. “Why are you against us we have done nothing to actually harm you”

“That which was done in the past must be accounted for in the present, and no one will stop my plans from bearing fruit.” He told him the seriousness in his voice causing him to pause for a second as he picked Twilight off the floor.

“What plans” Twilight whispered breathlessly “What plans could you have that would justify the death you might bring for petty revenge?”

“For one i will force Harmony back on to this realm, i shall bring fall to the houses that imprisoned me” He looked Twilight in the eyes as he smiled before continuing on.
“And i shall bring an end to Princess Twilight Andromeda Dawn Sparkle.” Punch immediately materialized in her view his arms pushing her behind his larger form.

“You will not lay a finger on her!”

“You are nothing boy, You have stood up to many foe’s but if you go against me you will fall here and not return.”

“I will do everything to protect my princess!” The man breathed out a heavy breath, His head hanging as he looked down at him with a sad expression on his face.

“You are blinded child. You have allowed the Light to cover your eyes and thus you are unable to look toward the Void and hear it’s whispers. Such a shame to end at your age, But if you stand against me then i shall do what i must. Punch had slowly been pushing both him and twilight back. There was now an easy 30 feet between the two men as they stared at one another. “On your request then” He said as he took a stance. His left foot which was clad in some kind of sandals he put horizontal and stretched toward them. His right foot went vertical back with his leg at a almost perfect right angle. his hands coming to rest above his head and in front of his waist. She had quite a lot of guard training and had read up on most combat technique’s but this one was new to her. it looked like both an offensive and defensive stance.

Punch turned his head toward her and with a heavy stern voice odered her away. “Princess please go, i will hold him off so that you can get reinforcements.”

“Punch what are you doing. you can't hope to fight him.”

“Princess!” his voice bit at her. she looked into his eyes and saw the fear. In all the time she had been with him he had never been afraid. “Please i don't know how long i can last but i don't wish for you to get involved.” Not as if she could argue with her power still diminished.

“Come back to us Valatietion. thats an order.” she told him as she walked off toward the door. She heard his whispered reply as she started to jog.

“As you command my Princess.” Twilight ran not daring to look back till she got through the Archway. She hid behind one of the pillars and did the one thing she regretted doing the most that day. SHe looked back to watch. The man stood as he was unmoved, but in front of him where Punch use to be was a large imposing beast. It’s large crest and body armor plated, the legs strong and sinuous ending with razor sharp claws. It opened it’s mouth and let loose an enraged hiss. It’s lips curled back and showed its mouthful of sharp teeth. It crouched low it leg’s tensing to spring as its long flat tail stabilized it’s body. This was Punch’s combat form. A skill unique to only two other race’s that she had seen only once before.

“What a most unique skill. If there becomes time you will have to teach me this.” The man spoke to Punch. Punch growled before his voice came out echoed as if through a long tunnel.

“The only skill i will show you today demon is how to die.”

“If that is what you will then it shall be.” Punch’s legs tensed as he sprang forward running with all his speed toward the Man. Twilight watched as the distance quickly closed but he didn't budge nor move. She saw punch hit him then he was covered by the Crest on Punch’s head.

‘did he really get him?’ Twilight wondered to herself. Something was off though. Punch’s legs were strained as if they were still pushing, and she watched one leg lift up to move forward for more purchase. She saw soon after a sandaled foot appear to the side of Punch’s crest. ‘He caught him?! but how at that weight and speed he should have been crushed.’

She heard him chuckle before speaking in a amused tone, “That was a very good try but you're going to have to try better than that if you wish to kill me.” Suddenly an arm came around the back of Punch’s crest and his legs. There was a small groan and then punch was lifted and then balanced on the man’s shoulder. Punch’s head directly on the man’s Shoulder while his body was left to swing as he tried to get the Man to drop him. The Man’s arms lite in a small subtle green light before spark’s traveled up and down Punch’s body. He tensed as the current went through him for the next several minutes. Finally it was too much and he dropped his form still held as he was on his enemy’s shoulder. The Man brought his legs together and crouched. and whispered one sentence to the CHamber. “Im sorry for this, may you please forgive me.” Twilight’s eyes grew as she realized what he was gonna do, but couldn't stop. The man leaped an easy 10 feet into the air before coming back down on the lower three tiers of the Dias , and on top of Punch.

The ground and Tiers splintered, cracked and indented with their impact. Punch could barely stay conscious as he watched the man get up without a scratch. He raised his arm slowly but quickly dropped it. He could feel the pool around him as his blood leaked into the ground. He couldn’t feel his legs nor anything below his chest. His ribs were on fire and his heart was fading. But despite all this he could still hear, even though his vision was fading. He saw the blurring shape of the man turn torward the entrance a look of satisfaction on his face. “Run. Run as fast as you can.” Almost soon after he heard the faint steps of a running figure.

‘Damnit Princess i said to run.’ not that it mattered as his life left him. ‘In the end i failed you your highness, may the gods forgive me.’

“You have not failed, not yet at least.

‘wait wat’. his brain was becoming sluggish.

“I can offer you a choice a very simple choice. It is the only way to protect the princess so that she may live.”

“Then what you kill her. Why protect what you want to kill?”

“Simple I plan to save her and her future.” Okay my brain must be gone. Save her? he said he’d kill her. “Im sorry for my theatrics but they are necessary. Punch suddenly felt a warm presence at his side. His vision made it so he only saw blurred outlines now. But this man his face, one full of sadness and regret came in sharp. Before he could anything else the Man started whispering in his ear. His whole plan every last detail. So many holes everything built to be stopped with at least three backups for it if it did. An Impossible plan but one he felt was destined to be played out.

“Valatietion, Will you help me complete this. TO save the Princess and her future?”

“Yes. Yes i will...My Lord.”

“Then prepare for the worst pain in your life’. That was the last thing Valatietion heard before he was lift and the man bit into his neck. He felt not his blood flowing out but something flow in. It immediately set his body on fire. Just before he lost consciousness he heard on last command. “Should you survive my blood collect the Tome and escape to the rendezvous undetected.

May your path be relite and it’s obstacles become clear. Till Darkness or High Might come.” The Man said reverently. to which Valatietion was able to whisper as his wakeful mind slept.

“Amen”

Author's Note:

Okay so I Finally got this third chapter into a form I can except. Am I happy with it not exactly. This is going to be a long AN so please bare with me.

1-To all who have waited sorry. ADHD so you know I concentrate and then Squirrel!...or in my case MW3 online. or its my fav's and or 600 read later list.
2-I will be going back to the previous two and doing summarys and giving credit to those who deserve it for some of the things, I.E. Pictures, Names, Characters ect.
3- to explain a few small things

The Race's Now instead of doing Unicorns and all and making this Anthro I decided Humanized would be better. Thus I need to classify the three "Pony" races. I wanted to use my own ideas here so here they are.
Unicorn's- Magi( I got this idea from watching the Mummy one day)
Pegasi- Avion's( Its the scientific classification for winged creatures with a twist[had to make it slightly different]
on a side note if your wondering how the wings work.I think of the Maximum Ride series with Maxx and all them.
Earth Pony- Uman( this is the Romainian[very down to earth kind of culture] word for human. so I thought it was a fantastic idea, that and I love forieghn Luaguage's and culture's
Alicorn's- I didn't mess with this because it just seemed like a good thing, and you know the saying why mess with a good thing, well I decided to heed it here.

Certen terms
Soul Marks- I don't own that idea and I cant find the story I got it from, sorry, But all praise for that belongs to another Author that I just ran with.
Sucker Punch, A.K.A Valatition, the Nickname isn't mine either that belongs to Dark0592
And for those who have figured out the Mysterious Man.......NO SPOILEIRS YOU ROTTEN DOGS OR IT"LL BE THE END OF YOU!!!!!!

Okay summary time.

After having risen the Cyrstal Flower and releasing this Mysterious Powerful Strange, he threaten's Twilights life and kills her bodyguard and friend.
What did he say to Punch to get him to join? What are his powers? and will he complete his mission before anyone can intervine find out next time
also what's with Twilight's apparent Power drain and or illness??