• Published 14th Aug 2013
  • 11,116 Views, 361 Comments

Skylanders X MLP - Skylander545



After Kaos destroys the Core of Light, the Skylanders were not banished to Earth, but they were sent to Equestria on an entirely new mission. The Mane 6 will join forces with the Skylanders.

  • ...
23
 361
 11,116

PreviousChapters Next
Secrets of the Everfree

As the summer draws near, so does the deadline for the opening of Camp Everfree. You’d think that Timber Spruce and Gloriosa Daisy wouldn't be able to run another summer with the state that the camp is in, but with the help of the Echo squad and their friends, Camp Everfree would be good as new in no time. But when Lemon Zest took down a spy drone, they grew concerned about what it was up to. Gloriosa explained that Camp Everfree is targeted by wealthy business tycoon, Filthy Rich who wants to buy the camp, tear it down and build a spa. Luckily, the brother-sister directors were given donations in order to hold him back, but now he's getting curious about what's going on with the camp and that drone was proof that he was getting nosy.

The patrol team that was sent to keep a lookout for any grublin activity in the forest were told of this development. They were on the lookout for any signs of grublins or additional spy drones. As for the only Trap Ranger on the team, Spike had been receiving some strange images, memories of a young boy that went to this camp and was informed of an object that could answer his questions. He also kept it hidden from the rest of the team since he didn't want to involve themselves until he knows what's going on. Spike was rotated to the restoration team where he worked with Twilight and the gang in restoring the docks while Dro worked on the motors for the boats. As he was hammering a nail into a plank, his Traptanium gauntlet chimed in as his spirit companion spoke,

“Nothing like a little woodwork, right kid?”

Spike, nearly hitting his thumb said, “You know after almost hitting my thumb in shock, it's pretty good so far.”

“Reminds me of the structures of my village which were mostly wood.”

The boy reminded him, “You were also a master of woodcraft and Traptanium crafts.”

“That's true.” Spike paused for a moment and then asked, “What do you think about Lemon taking down that drone?”

Drago crossed his arms on screen as he figured, “She crafted a magical bolas to drag it down. That craftsmanship, the throwing style and the aura that the weapon gave off reminds me of a colleague of mine - the same one we talked about at Equestria Shores.”

“Trap Ranger Gaia?” Asked Spike. The spirit of the founder stated, “Remember when she first got her Traptanium Headphones when the crystal that tracked us and Gaia’s armband merged?” Spike guessed, “You think that Trap Ranger Gaia is speaking to her?”

“That's a very good possibility.” Spike thought about it since a Trap Ranger was the highest rank of the Trap Team and Rangers made up the Inner Council. He also figured that since Lemon wore those headphones since the island, Trap Ranger Gaia would speak to her sooner or later - just like he and Drago before they merged for the first time.

Spike realized, “She's on her way to becoming a Trap Ranger!” Drago nodded, “Exactly.”

Soon enough, a small puff of smoke emerged from the motorboat shed near the dock as Dro stumbled out of there, covered in black soot as he coughed up smoke. The mechanic sighed,

“Well, that could use an overhaul.” Spike asked, “Problems with the motor?”

“Yeah, it looked like the motors on those boats haven't been given any repairs for years.”

“Yikes, Dro.” The mechanic nodded, “Exactly.” Twilight, who was working with Sunset on the rowboats asked, “I know it's not a good time, but you know about the message from Master Eon about the new Imaginator, right?”

Dro nodded and said, “I was briefed about him and I heard that the CMC created him to be fully human, which means that they couldn't swap out any body parts if they wanted to.”

Sunset winced at this, “I have to admit that switching between body parts of Imaginators is kind of weird.”

“Trust me, some Imaginators come in all shapes, and sizes as their parts usually mix and match. But this new guy, Jack, I think he was called, also led to the creation of the Pilot Battle Class.”

Spike asked, “So, we now have a battle class of our own and Spy was promoted to Sensei in order to train him.”

Twilight nodded as she told Dro, “He also told you that you have to train him in the Tech Element.”

Dro smiled, “That he did, that he did.”

After the four talked about the new arrival, Spike couldn't shake the feeling of familiarity with the camp, Gloriosa’s words, those memories that he experienced. Nothing seemed to make sense to him and yet, he had a feeling that they were being watched, not by any of Filthy's drones, but something else, something he couldn't figure out. But before he could guess, Timber approached,

“Hey, guys, I can see that the docks are finally done.” He noticed the soot covered Dro, “The motor was clogged up?”

“More than you thought, the motor hasn't been serviced for years.”

Timber sighed, “Six years actually.” Sunset asked, “Six years and no one thought to check on the motor?”

The co-director stated, “I was 10 years old when the motor had problems. Gloriosa, who was 11, went to our grandparents about it and revealed that our financial problems are going to end up cutting a few corners and the motor boats haven't been used ever since.” He silently muttered, “Especially after that night.”

Spike noticed, “What was that?” Timber, realizing that he heard him, “Umm...nothing.”

Spike could've pressed him on the subject, but Drago whispered, “He’s obviously going to redirect the conversation. Another time.”

Timber decided, “Anyway, the new guy just arrived and Dro, you're going to meet with Spy and the new guy, Jack at the gazebo.” The mechanic nodded as he left the docks, the director turned to Spike,

“Spike, you're going to rotate with Camo, he's going to be with the repair team, you're back with the patrol team.”

He nodded as he went back to the perimeter, but Timber stopped him briefly and whispered, “Find the artifact during your patrol. You need to find the truth.”

He quickly nodded and went to the perimeter on the outskirts of the camp.


Dro arrived at the gazebo to find Spy and Gloriosa with the new imaginator. He has pale skin with a tan, he has dark brown hair with the appearance of a regular human teenager around their age. He was also carrying a suitcase with him that bore the Tech Symbol. Dro spoke,

“So you’re the new imaginator of the new pilot class?”

The imaginator nods as he says, “That’s right, my name is Jack Cooper and my imaginator number is JC-4727. Master Eon told me about you two, he said that Spy’s going to be my Sensei and you’re going to train me in the Tech Element.”

Spy shrugged, “I would've suggested having Dro be both Sensei and Elemental Trainer.” Jack figured, “He did tell me to request additional training from the other members of your squadron.”

Dro chuckled, “I guess in some way, we’ve all become Senseis.” Gloriosa chuckled at his statement and then turned to Jack, “I just want to welcome you to Camp Everfree, Jack. We were in the process of rebuilding the old buildings and various places around the camp.”

The pilot nodded, “Eon did tell me that you were restoring the camp.” The director was amazed, “You were well informed.”

The human Imaginator confidently said, “Hey, I've done my homework on this place before stepping through the portal.”

Spy cleared his throat before saying, “While it is true that I’m going to be training you, Dro was right when he said that we’ve all become Senseis of the Pilot Class. Pilots are not only experts on vehicles, like cars, tanks and planes, we’re also combat specialists that utilize speed, quick take-downs, stealth and deception. In heavy combat, our own elemental powers will work to our advantage.”

The new guy rubbed the back of his head as he stated, “I did put on a display of my pilot powers when I first woke up.”

Dro turned to the director, “Gloriosa, is there a course that we could use for Jack’s training?”

The director thought about it for a bit before remembering, “Donkey Kong and Terry actually restored the camp’s obstacle course not too long ago. It would be perfect for your new member.”

Spy nodded and turned to Dro, “I guess we went from repair team to training team. Right, Dro?”

Dro chuckled, “You said it, brother.” The mechanic soon spoke, “Alright, Cooper. Follow us to the obstacle course. Your training begins.” Jack nodded as he followed the two.

As they left, Gloriosa looked around the camp as she saw the once decaying camp that her grandparents left her and her brother turn back into the summer camp that she remembered from her childhood. It wasn't until she heard a faint echo in her mind as she saw a flash of nightmarish images and voices that were all too familiar as her eyes widen,

“Die!” One image showed a boy of 10 years old, being blasted into the air, the culprit being a creature of shadow.

“HANDS OFF HIM, YOU FIEND!” The second image showed a woman impaling the creature with her sword as the injured boy watched from the doorstep of a cabin.

“You're going to be alright, just hold on!” The last image showed the woman cradling the injured boy in her arms with tears in her eyes.

She soon snapped out of it as a voice asked, “Sis?” She turned to see her brother approach her with a concerned look in his eyes. He asked, “You saw it again? That night?”

She frowned, “Six years, Timber. It's been six long years since that night.” The co - director sighed, “Tell me about it, it's been haunting me for years.”

“The truth of his past is out there in those woods. I'm starting to worry about this whole thing since there's only one person who can produce these shadow grublins.”

Her brother froze as he stated, “And he was defeated 16 years ago!”

As they were conversing, a shadowy ball peered through the bushes as a pair of purple eyes glared at the siblings. The eyes chuckled,

“The emotion of fear and worry, little Gloriosa Daisy is worried that their attempts will fail. The camp is none of our concern, but the young boy…” The eyes had an idea, “She worries for the boy and soon - SHE will crush him before he finds it!” The eyes laughed as it slipped into the shadows and blended in with the female director’s shadow.


At the edge of the Everfree Forest, Spike was checking the perimeter for any signs of grublins; he may have his Magic blades, but in an emergency, he would have to merge with Drago. His experience with danger and combat has given him a good sense of alertness in case danger is imminent. It wasn't he heard the snapping of a twig and quickly turned around as he reached for his blade, only to reveal that it was Lemon Zest, who had her foot on a twig. He asked,

“What are you doing out here, Lemon? I thought you were with the restoration team?”

She sighed, “I was, but after the drone, I decided to go for a patrol shift.” Spike asked with suspicion, “Is that all?”

The lime haired girl stated, “I also wanted to find you...” Spike raised an eyebrow at this since he knew that Lemon Zest had a crush on him as Megaman until that shifted to himself after she found out his identity. Of course, he would sweat while Rarity gets jealous, even after the incident where both ganged up on him and let's just say, he turned the tables on them.

Lemon added to her statement, “Because I want you to train me in the ways of a Trap Ranger.”

Spike guessed, “A voice in your head told you to find me?”

“She did and she also asks for Drago to get his ghostly draconic butt out here.” Spike’s gauntlet flipped open as the screen showed Drago’s image,

“Yeah, I definitely recognize that saying from anywhere. But back then, she would tell me to get my spotted butt out of my forge and into the map room.”

Lemon smiled, “So you do recognize her?” The spirit confirmed, “Affirmative, I know Trap Ranger Gaia from anywhere and considering that the armband once belonged to her before becoming your headset.”

Lemon looked at Spike, “So Spike, since the Trap Team’s Inner Council only has two members, I was thinking if you would consider adding a new member?”

He thought about the possibility of rebuilding the Inner Council since it was Snap Shot’s plan after the other members died. He remembered that Snap Shot lost that memory after the attack on Cloudcracker Prison and its subsequent destruction. But since Trap Ranger Gaia chose Lemon to wield her powers, it's one step closer to rebuilding the council. Spike nodded as he held his hand out, “Consider yourself a new member of the Trap Team, Lemon!”

She grasped his hand and shook it, “I won't let you down and I want to know everything if Gaia and I are going to merge.”

“When the time is right, then she will let you know when to activate the Traptanium Wave Change.” They released their hands as Spike remembered, “We can discuss the basics of being a Trap Ranger during our patrol. You've brought your bolas, right Lemon?”

His new recruit twirled her bolas and said, “I've had these since I took out that drone. I'm keeping this, no matter what.”

Her headset spoke, “You're starting your journey to becoming a Trap Ranger. It is best to learn from both Spike and Drago since they have more experience. As for us, we can't merge since my power isn't fully synced, I will let you know when it's time to unleash our powers.”

Lemon nodded as she joined Spike for their patrol. She began to ask him a question, “How did you get the gauntlet?”

Spike raised it up as it's screen opened, “Master Eon, the portal master, gave it to me during the start of the Traptanium Wars. It was in a black box when I got it, he said that I have power within me, more than I can imagine and told me to open the box when I was ready.”

Lemon guessed, “You didn't open it until the attack on the battle station?”

“It was around that time that Drago started talking to me and hearing the phrase ‘Light Our Darkest Hour’ both in the present and the future, I knew what I had to do and opened the box.” He chuckled, “I fought Kaos, the evil portal master on my own and when it looked like he had the upper hand…”

“You activated the gauntlet.” He nodded, “My first Traptanium Wave Change which turned me into Megaman Ranger. I drained the Traptanium from the station, captured Kaos and escaped before it blew up. When I was in Drago’s tomb beneath the academy, he also gave me these.” He gestured to the Traptanium Glasses sitting on his head.

Lemon noticed, “What do those do?” Spike took the glasses off his head and put them over Lemon’s eyes as he exclaimed, “They reveal the various roads that originated from Traptanium itself.”

His companion, now wearing the glasses, looked up and was amazed by the various roads that go in all different directions. She smiled,

“It's like a whole different world up there!” She heard Gaia’s voice chuckle, “When Spike and Drago merge, they could circle the globe over a dozen times over.”

Spike had noted, “A Traptanium Wave World.” She removed the glasses and gave them back to him as they continued their patrol.

The Trap Ranger decided, “I also need to let you know that being a Trap Ranger means that you're a member of the Trap Team Inner Council, the Leaders of the Trap Team.”

Lemon was a bit surprised at that part, not only is she going to be a Trap Ranger, but a member of the leadership as well. She asked,

“What is the Inner Council?” Gaia spoke in her head, “The Inner Council are the leaders of the Trap Team which comprises five Trap Rangers, Drago, Snap Shot and I were among the five. The Council sends off Trap Masters on missions, they handle negotiations and even take direct roles which can change the tide of battle. When we died, Snap Shot became the last of the council, so he had to lead the team at Cloudcracker Prison, our headquarters.”

She nodded and thanked her for the information and she asked Spike, “During those battles, your arms would become weapons. How did you do that?”

He opened the gauntlet and pulled out a crystal, “It’s the power of the Battle Crystals, traptanium is usually used for trapping villains or forging new weapons, but Battle Crystals are traptanium used specifically for combat. These range from Swords, Blasters, Grenades and more powerful attacks.”

Lemon was amazed by this, “So when I become a Trap Ranger, I could use these crystals, just like you!” He nodded as she thanked him for the information as Spike’s gauntlet beeped. He opened the screen and was surprised, “We found it!”

Lemon asked with a hint of suspicion, “Found what?” He paused, realizing that he shouldn't have said that while she was around. So he thought up something to at least put her at ease, bringing up something he saw during his last patrol,

“Well, during my last patrol, I came across a roving band of shadow grublins, they were moving in a way that made me suspect one thing - they were looking for something.”

“Something or someone?” Asked Lemon. Spike shrugged, “I don't know, but Drago picked up an energy reading in this area. I was going to investigate, but I was rotated to the restoration team.”

“Well we’re here now, let's investigate it together.” She grabbed Spike’s arm and dragged him to the location of the unknown energy.


At the obstacle course, Dro was looking over Jack’s suit and the various pieces that were created from Imaginite with Jack’s permission of course, while Spy told the imaginator the time to beat for the course. Soon enough, Jack began to run the course, exhibiting some impressive moves, agility and speed. He managed to finish the course in less than 40 seconds which was impressive for a tank bred human, although Spy did remember that Dark was tank bred by Dr. Krankcase during the war and he was a very skilled opponent. Spy looked over the imaginator’s run time and said,

“Nice work on the course.” He chuckled, “Can’t wait to tell Dash that she has some new competition.”

Jack stated, “I do my best and it’s not surprising since I ran a gauntlet in a waking dream before I was flushed from the tank.”

Dro looked up from the bench, “Eon did tell us about that.” He figured, “It’s probably the reason why you passed the course.” He walked over to them, “I also want to try something.”

Jack asked, “What do you have in mind?” He stated, “I want you to run the course again, but this time…” He pointed to Jack’s gear, “Run the course with your gear on.”

He looked at the gear and then back at Dro, “You want an evaluation of my time with the Pilot gear?”

The mechanic nodded and said, “That's right, Cooper and the mods on the suit are really advanced. Give me two days with this stuff and I could produce these Pilot suits for the rest of the team. I just want to see your capabilities with the suit.”

The Imaginator knew that he's not only a student of the Pilot Class, but a member of a squadron, so he threw on his Pilot suit as he went to the starting line of the course.

As the Imaginator did his second run, Gloriosa was observing the aspects and abilities of the pilot as he bounded over obstacles, double jumped and ran along the wall and slid underneath the beams. It surprised her that three young fillies from another world created a human being from a Creation Crystal, Imaginite’s refined form. The boy has been a surprise for the team and his skills are exceptional. She knew for certain that Cooper would be a valuable member of the team. As the director’s thoughts settled in on the Imaginator, she started to get a strange feeling like she was being watched.

She looked around, cautiously since she was watching the training from a distance. She would've thought that Timber was going to surprise her again, but this feeling wasn't her brother's usual greetings until an eerie laugh caught her attention as she turned to her still shadow on the ground. At that moment, a ball of liquid shadow erupted from the director’s shadow as two purple eyes glared at her. She was shocked at this as she shouted,

“I-IT’S YOU!” The shadow then consumed her as they both disappeared.


Meanwhile, back in the forest, Lemon had finally stopped dragging Spike as he was given back his left hand, so he could check the signal. As he checked the signal, Spike noticed that they were at their destination. Spike and Lemon looked to see a small rock quarry, covered in rocks and vines. The duo were confused about this as Lemon remembered, “This is Camp’s Rock Quarry and Timber said that it's off-limits for campers.”

Drago spoke, “If he said that, it means he's trying to hide something and judging by the way he and his sister were acting around Spike means that it has something to do with him.”

Lemon was curious, “Didn't you tell me that you were once a dog before CHS?” Spike sighed as he confessed,

“I did, but ever since I destroyed the Heavy Command Cruiser, I began having flashes, images, memories of a young boy, a young Timber and Gloriosa. They knew about those images and stated that it has something to do with my past and they pretty much confirmed it. They told me not to let anyone know until the time was right.”

“So you were born a human?” Spike couldn't figure out an answer, but decided, “It's possible.” He added, “Gloriosa and Timber told me of an artifact, hidden in this forest that holds the answers I seek.”

Lemon suspiciously asked, “So the shadow grublin thing?” Spike stated, “It wasn't a lie, they're after the same thing.”

They looked at the rocks and vines as Spike pulled out two battle crystals that had the shape of a jackhammer and saw until Lemon took them from him as he asked,

“What are you doing?!” She glared at him, “You said that you can utilize Battle Crystals outside your Megaman form. I may not have the ability to merge yet, but Gaia told me that I could use the crystals.”

Spike was about to retort, but she does have a Trap Ranger’s spirit, so he relented. Lemon looked at the battle crystals as she knew that it's the only way to carve a path through the quarry. She slid the crystals into her headset as the shapes of the aforementioned tools appeared. The jackhammer broke off the rocks while the saw cut the vines blocking their path. Once that was done, there was an opening that led the entrance of the hidden cave. Spike, still a bit concerned that Lemon took the two crystals from his hand, looked over the cave entrance. He looked at her and said,

“I have to admit, Gaia has definitely been giving you pointers, good job, Lemon.”

She smiled, “Thanks.” He soon became serious about their situation, “If the artifact is anywhere, it must be here. This cave is seemingly well-hidden, the grublins didn't even think about searching here and this was the only part of the camp that was outside our perimeter.”

Drago spoke, “Well, we have to find that artifact before the grublins realize that we found this cave. Let's go.”

The duo nodded and entered the cave, but unbeknownst to our heroes, a figure appeared from the forest, emanating dark magic from the body. The figure glared it's purple eyes at the cave entrance. A dark voice snickered,

“So, the boy has found the cave. He even brought that girl from Crystal Prep as well. Oh I am going to enjoy finishing what I started.”

The figure laughed as it made its way towards the cave. Whatever this entity was, it's going to be a big problem for our heroes. (To Be Continued)

Author's Note:

So not only has Jack arrived at Camp Everfree to begin his training, Spike and Lemon had discovered a previously hidden cave that could could hold the artifact that he was looking for. Meanwhile, Gloriosa was ambushed by a mysterious shadow ball that took her somewhere. Will Spike and Lemon find the artifact? What became of Gloriosa? Who was that shadow ball? Find out in the next exciting chapter of Skylanders X MLP!

PreviousChapters Next