• Published 14th Aug 2013
  • 11,116 Views, 361 Comments

Skylanders X MLP - Skylander545



After Kaos destroys the Core of Light, the Skylanders were not banished to Earth, but they were sent to Equestria on an entirely new mission. The Mane 6 will join forces with the Skylanders.

  • ...
23
 361
 11,116

PreviousChapters Next
Tradewind Isles

At the archives, the four dragons have succeeded in ringing two of the three bells of waking. Wiggleworth was impressed by their skills as he said,

“I am impressed, Skylanders. You four have fought the Dream Sheep twice at the temples of waking and got passed him to ring the two bells.”

Blackout nodded, “But it’s too soon for celebrating just yet. We still have one bell to ring and the curse would be lifted.”

The Head Librarian pointed to the recently opened door and said, “There is another portal in that door as well as a sleeping mabu. He will tell you the location of the last bell of waking.”

Echo spoke, “You can count on us.”

Soon enough, the four dragons entered the door and across the bridge to reach the mabu. As soon as the four approached him, the mabu stirred as he sprung awake. He noticed the four dragons as he rubbed his eyes,

“Yawn! Hello! I was afraid that this sleep curse would be bad for business! Do you need anything, Skylanders?”

Spotlight spoke, “As a matter of fact, we are looking for a bell of waking in order to lift this curse.”

The mabu replied, “A Bell of Waking, you say? Well if there ever is such a thing, it would surely be in the Palace of Waking in Tradewind Isles.”

Blackout remembered, “The Tradewind Isles...those were my old stomping grounds when the Dream Weavers summoned me!”

The mabu realized, “Wait...you’re Blackout aren’t you?!” The dark dragon nodded as the mabu basically bounced in excitement, “You are a legend in Tradewind Isles! Your stand against the Nightmare Villains was legendary!”

Blackout was speechless until Echo spoke, “Now’s not the time for his autograph, what we really need is to get to the Tradewind Isles and ring that bell.”

The mabu recomposed himself as he pointed to the portal, “You can use this portal to get to the islands. Once you reach Sunny Harbor you will be able to make your way to the palace.”

Blackout nodded as he turned to his friends, “How about it, guys? You feel like kicking that ball of wool and ringing the last bell?”

The three dragons nodded as they were looking forward to lifting this curse. All four dragons began running into the portal to Tradewind Islands to lift this curse once and for all.


Meanwhile on the outskirts of Griffonstone, the six heroes could only watch in horror as the grublins laid waste to the griffon city. Spike couldn’t believe it as he read of the courageousness of the griffons,

“Of all the books I read about them, even seeing Sonic Boom in action even though she’s from Skylands, I always thought that Griffonstone was untouchable even when it was in ruins before the attack.”

Eye-Brawl spoke, “The grublins caught them by surprise as did the Dragon Lands.”

Ember felt the sting of familiarity upon looking at the city at war, “This was just like home...caught by surprise, monsters attacking everything in their path…” She felt her Supercharger power boiling, “These beasts have attacked another land, another kingdom and another population.”

Aku-Aku spoke, “This great evil has struck again. But we need to stop this attack as soon as possible!”

Trail Blazer remembered something, “The Doomlanders…”

Dive-Clops asked, “Doomlanders?”

Spike realized, “The Doomlanders were supposed to be Kaos’ creations and Malefor got a hold of them. And so far, every attack that we stopped...was led by a Doomlander!”

Dive-Clops finished, “Like a commanding unit. Take out the commander and the others will fall apart!”

Crash did a gesture which pretty much said, “Well let’s get in there and take out that Doomlander before the grublins completely destroy the city!”

The others agreed with the bandicoot as they made their way down the ridge towards the city. It was about halfway when Spike began to sense something. It felt like something was coming right towards them. Until he looked up to see an aerial pursuit going on, his movements caused the others to pause as they saw the pursuit. It turns out that a group of Grublin Wyverns have broken off from the main attack force to chase one down one of the griffons. She was a female griffon with an arctic bluish gray coat, arctic bluish and cyanish gray head with light cornflower bluish gray chin and light cyanish gray markings. Her wings were Dark azureish gray while her talons were brilliant gold. Thanks to Spike’s keen eyesight, he managed to see a look of fright in the griffon’s turquoise eyes as the wyverns pursued her.

Spike said, “She needs our help!” He looked at the only unicorn and dragoness in his group, “You two are with me, we’re going to give her a hand.”

Trail Blazer’s Fire Wings appeared while Ember unfolded her wings as they took off with Spike. The Fire Unicorn asked as the three went after the wyverns,

“Any ideas?” Spike stated, “We’ll give them something else to chase. You and I will create a diversion which would draw the pursuing wyverns off of her while Ember takes down the wyverns.”

Ember spoke, “Are you going to help me out?”

Spike nodded, “After we know that the griffon is safe, we’ll join in.”

The dragoness understood as she followed behind as Spike yelled, “LET’S GO!” Spike and Trail Blazer sped passed the Wyverns by getting into their faces, which made the three creatures decide to go after them.

As the wyverns chased the dragon and fire unicorn, the griffon stopped, realizing that she wasn’t being chased. When she came to it, she noticed her pursuers chasing their new targets. She soon noticed an explosion in the city as several of those creatures were being tossed into the air and shot with what looked like a torpedo. She soon looked at her former pursuers as they were soon shot down by her rescuers...one of whom she knew about, but never thought to see in the flesh,

“No way! The Purple Dragon...In Griffonstone?”

The Dragon was joined by the Fire Unicorn and a Dragoness as they began to clear the skies of those creatures. The griffon soon looked back at the battle below as three new fighters started to punch a hole through the defensive line that those creatures set up, causing the creatures to retreat into a nearby abyss. The fighters that turned the tide were two eyeballs with bodies and an orange bandicoot that was wearing a tribal mask.

She was amazed so much that she didn’t notice her rescuers hovering near her. Until she heard a wise male voice,

“Are you okay, miss?”

The female griffon looked and saw the Purple Dragon from the stories that were told over the years. She stuttered for a bit until she answered,

“Well...I’m fine. Those things didn’t hit me that much.” She soon looked at the majestic dragon, “Wow...you look even more impressive in person.”

The dragon noticed, “Yeah, I get that a lot. The grublins may have fled, but the portal needs to be closed before more of them come in.”

The griffon asked, “Grublins?” The dragon stated, “Those creatures that attacked the city. They all came through that portal…”

The Dragoness soon spoke, “And I just happen to have a key.”

The Dragon asked the griffon, “Is there a base that the griffons are using?”

She nodded, “We’ve been using the Griffonstone castle as a base ever since that portal opened.”

The dragon understood, “We need to get to the castle as fast as possible. Those things aren’t going to stay in that abyss for long and they’ll be back up for retaliation.”

The griffon spoke, “Follow me.” As the three started to follow her, she looked at the dragon and asked,

“You’re Spike, aren’t you?” Spike nodded as the griffon decided to introduce herself in a fit of excitement,

“I’m so excited to meet you, I could explode! I’m Gabriella, but you can call me Gabby since we’re friends and now working together! Pleased to finally meet ya!”

Spike asked, “So you’ve heard of all the stuff that I did?”

Gabby nodded, “Your many victories have made a couple of griffons here start a fan-club. I actually took part in delivering the fan-mail to the Ponyville Post Office before coming back here.”

The Purple Dragon noted, “She’s the local mail carrier?” He soon reminded her, “It wasn’t just me, I have some of the best friends that I could ever have by my side.”

Trail Blazer chuckled, “Guess you got yourself a fan, Spike.” Ember also found it humorous as she chuckled as well.

Spike chuckled, “Laugh it up, guys. The sooner we get to Griffonstone Castle, the sooner we can plan our next course of action.”

The three soon followed Gabby to the castle where the many griffon fighters were using it as a base. Not before Spike silently muttered, “Hope Twilight has been getting the mail back home...because some of them were probably meant for me.”


Upon arriving at Griffonstone castle, the four entered the castle as they were soon met by several griffon soldiers getting themselves ready in case more grublins showed up. Spike looked around and made an assessment of the situation as he spoke to Gabby,

“These soldiers are doing their best to defend the city, but they are short on supplies and it looks like they haven’t had a decent meal since the attack. The grublins will use sheer numbers to overwhelm them.”

Gabby nodded, “This whole attack has been a complete mess for the city as if it wasn’t in ruins already. The militia’s leader is doing what she can in trying to make sure that we are not taken by surprise.”

Spike was curious, “Who’s leading this militia?” Gabby answered, “A scone baker named Gilda, she apparently formed this militia soon after the grublins attacked.”

When Spike heard this, he stopped dead in his tracks as to those around him legitimately heard glass shatter. To Spike, this news hit him like a ton of bricks...Rainbow Dash’s ex-friend, the bully of many of his friends is leading the militia! He remembered how she would bully his friends, including the sensitive Fluttershy.

Spike even remembered hearing her say that she won’t forget what happened all those years ago. It was brought back down to earth when heard Gabby ask,

“Spike, is there a problem?” Spike shook off the shock as he said, “Yes! There is a problem, Gilda once caused trouble for me and my friends back in Ponyville when I was a hatchling. All she cared about was being cool and since a friend of mine was friends with her, she didn’t want to have us ‘lame-os’ anywhere near her. This was during the Soul Gem Incident and I had to turn into the griffon Sonic Boom to screech her down.”

Gabby was shocked, “But that was years ago…” Spike calmed down, “Given that she found out that I possessed Sonic Boom’s Soul Gem and I changed back to my normal self in front of her with nopony else around. So things might’ve changed, but my friend, Rainbow Dash still harbors resentment towards Gilda for being a jerk. Gilda may still hold a grudge towards Rainbow…”

Gabby understood, “But it’s mostly towards you.” Spike realized, “Maybe I could find a way to change her attitude...it has been years after all.”

The griffon understood as she said, “If you want to make it up to Gilda, she’s in the old throne room talking with your three friends.”

Spike asked, “Old throne room?” Gabby replied, “Griffonstone hasn’t had a King in years. Some of the older griffons know the story of the city’s fall.”

Spike was curious, “I might consider asking them about the fall of Griffonstone.”

The trio soon followed Gabby into the old throne room where a map of the city sat on a table in the center of the room, a vacant throne that hasn’t been sat on in years and various withered areas of the throne room. And standing with her back turned as she spoke with Crash and the Eye Brothers was a griffon that Spike never thought that he would see again. The sound the door opening actually caught her attention as she turned to Spike as the dragon saw the shocked expression on her face. The eyes of rage and arrogance didn’t show although there was a positive attitude underneath that expression. It was this moment that made Spike think,

“She may still have that grudge against me, but she has changed. I should also thank Pinkie Pie for teaching me how to read others.”

Spike looked at Gilda as he smiled, “Hey Gilda, remember me?”

The griffon spoke in a mix of shock and anger, “Spike?! Last time I saw you, you were that little dweeb that beat me up when I wanted your friends to leave me and Rainbow Dash alone in Ponyville.”

Spike replied in a judging tone, “Did that ever justify tormenting my friends just so you could hang out with Rainbow?”

The griffon was stuttering in anger as it almost felt like she would attack, “You Little Purple Dweeb… you...YOU!!!” She soon did something he never thought she would, she smiled as her anger died down and she said, “You have really opened my eyes that day.”

Spike asked in surprise, “Wait? What? How!”

Gilda stated as she passed the dragon without turning to him, “I do admit I was really angry when your heroics cost me my only friend. But one night, I was trying to get my mind off of trying to get rid of you...until I saw eight symbols form in the sky.” She looked at the dragon, “You remember those, do ya?”

Spike realized, “The Night of the Arrival…” Gilda nodded, “At first I was thinking of revenge, but after witnessing the Arrival, I questioned myself if what I was doing was worth it.”

Spike asked, “And how did you end up becoming a scone baker here in the city?”

Gilda shrugged, “Did it look like I had anything better to do in this wreck of a city? I needed the bits in order leave the kingdom...the only problem was that they were nowhere as tasty as the baked goods that the Party Pony makes.”

Spike guessed, “And then the portal opens as grublins invade the city?”

Gilda nodded, “Those hideous dweebs are just thorns in our sides right now. I formed this militia to defend the city from those things.” She noticed, “But with the six of you, we might just have a chance at winning this fight.”

Ember spoke, “That’s not all we’re here for.” Spike took this opportunity to show the treaty which requests aid from the Griffons of Griffonstone,

“We also need to get help for the coming war. What’s happening here won’t be the only one and believe me, there will be others.”

Gilda looked at the treaty and recognized the seal, “That is the ancient seal of the Griffon Kingdom, but we haven’t had a King in years.”

Spike decided to ask, “What actually caused this city to fall?”

Soon enough, another voice spoke, “That would be from the theft of the Idol of Boreas.”

Everyone’s attention was turned to the source of the voice, which was an old griffon wearing a fez on his head. Gilda introduced the elder,

“Spike, that’s Grampa Gruff, he’s more prideful with this city than any other griffon.”

The elder griffon assured his granddaughter, “And if it wasn’t for me, you wouldn’t have had those bits for selling those scones. It was my recipe after all.”

Aku-Aku went between them, “I believe it is best that we talk less about scones and more about the state of this city.”

Grampa Gruff noted, “The talking mask has a point…” He looked at the seven, but mostly at Spike,

“Normally my stories would be a small fee of bits, but our city is threatened by those fiends so this one is on the house.”

Spike asked, “I’ve read about Griffonstone in the old days and how the griffons were united as one. This city was also really majestic...What happened here?”

Gruff knew that he would be telling the story so he began, “The first griffon king, King Grover, united our kind like we've never been united before or since! And he did it all with that incredible Idol of Boreas.”

Spike remembered, “You mentioned the idol before. The way you say it, you see it as a symbol of pride.”

Gruff nodded as he continued, “That idol brought pride to the heart of every griffon that saw it! From one king to the next, Griffonstone had our golden idol. We were the envy of all other species. It held us together – it gave us an identity – right up until the reign of King Guto.”

The Purple Dragon guessed, “Something went wrong?”

Gruff nodded, “That's when Arimaspi came to steal our griffon treasure! King Guto tried to fight him off, but Arimaspi managed to get away with the idol!”

Spike realized, “He tried to fight him and he failed?”

Gruff finished, “They say when our treasure fell into the Abysmal Abyss, our pride went with it. King Guto was the last king of Griffonstone, and we all lived miserably ever after. The end!"

Spike stood in slight shock as the story was told to him, “Griffonstone in ruins, griffons in poverty and struggling for bits. All because of an idol that has been lost for years…”

Gruff added, “And it’s in enemy territory.” Gilda asked her grandfather, “Wait Grampa Gruff, are you saying that when those things retreated?”

The elder griffon finished, “They retreated into the Abysmal Abyss, where the idol now resides.”

Ember spoke, “If those things are using the abyss as a base, we could be able to launch a preemptive attack before they attempt another strike on the city!”

Gilda shook her head, “That’s a problem since the abyss is subjected to rushing winds. You would need someone that controls the wind for that.”

Dive-Clops spoke, “But we have to close that portal, if it remains open, then more grublins would pour through!”

Gilda nodded, “But we still need an idea on how to break their ranks.”

Trail-Blazer asked the griffin, “Did you happen to see anything that wasn’t a Grublin?” Gilda was thinking of the unicorn’s question until Gabby answered,

“Well before those wyverns started to chase me, I spotted something that wasn’t those things. He was holding a bow and was directing those things to each area of the city. When they retreated, he shouted for them to retreat while on the back of those big ones.”

Spike noticed, “That’s a Doomlander, he’s the one leading this attack, we take him down and the entire attack force will crumble.”

Gilda asked, “How did you know about that?”

Spike reminded her, “Do you know about the Dragon Lands Attack?” Gilda replied, “I usually don’t pay attention to anything that occurs outside this city. But with that portal above our heads, now would be the best time. But I did hear those things were responsible.”

Spike added, “And we were there at the right time to stop them.”

Gabby asked, “You were there?”

Spike nodded at the mail griffon’s question, “Yes, we were there. That’s also where the Doomlanders made their first appearance. The first one we fought was a knight, summoned by the Grublin Commander.”

Gilda looked at the dragon, “Grublin Commander?!” Eye-Brawl spoke, “The Commander is a Hero Orc that has the ability to speak in actual words. He commands the Doomlanders to lead these attacks, the right-hand of the Dark Master.”

The griffons shuddered at the mention of that dragon. Despite being a city in ruin, the griffons of Griffonstone had heard the stories of Malefor. Gilda knew exactly what this means,

“I might not’ve cared about this, but war is definitely coming to our world. But right now, the city is at war.”

Spike glanced at his friends accompanying him and nodded at Gilda, “We’ll protect Griffonstone but we’ll need your militia’s help in taking down the Doomlander.”

Gilda asked, “What about the portal?” Ember approached as she said, “I know how to close it. But those things will try to stop me from closing it.”

Gabby asked, “You said that you have a key to closing portals, right?”

The Dragoness nodded, “I’m carrying a scepter with a rare jewel that could close those portals.”

Gilda understood and asked, “How exactly are we going to hold them off? There’s only a clawful of fighters and specialists. Unless you have an idea.”

Spike nodded as he said, “That’s why we need to call for backup.”


Meanwhile in the Dream Sheep’s Lair, the sheep himself was pacing the floors since he suffered defeat by those Skylanders twice. They also rang two out of the three Bells of Waking, the Dream Sheep was irritated,

“What am I going to do!? If Blackout and his friends ring the third bell, it’s all over! My Sleep Spell will be lifted and those blasted Equestrian Isles will be safe!”

The Dream Sheep was getting desperate on trying to find a way to prevent the third bell from being rung. Even with the Nightmare Villains trying to stop the Skylanders, they would always blow through. He heard various reports of those four dragons on their way to the Palace of Waking. The final tower before the spell is lifted and he had to do something about it. As the Dream Sheep was shaking frantically, he was unaware of a dark presence in his lair.

A presence that took the form of the First Purple Dragon - his master, Malefor. The Dragon looked at the unaware sheep as he spoke,

“Dream Sheep…” The sheep jumped in surprise as he said, “Malefor!?”

The Dragon looked at the furball in disappoint, “You have failed me TWICE in Both Towers of Waking!”

The sheep spoke, “B-but, Malefor, it was those infernal Dragon Skylanders...and my bumbling buffoon of a Sleep Dragon for falling for their tricks!”

The dark Dragon looked at the sheep in anger, “From my lair, I gave you simple instructions to follow. And you already lost two Towers of Waking, you lost several of your forces AND I HAVE LOST MY PATIENCE!!”

The sheep knew that getting Malefor angry was bad. So he said, “Well we had a few unfortunate setbacks…” Malefor interrupted, “AND FAILED!”

The dragon calmed down, “But since you have only one bell to protect, I am feeling generous. There is still a way to have your revenge on that miserable dragon and this time…” A comic book floated from Malefor to the Dream Sheep,

“This time, you DO IT RIGHT!!”

The Dream Sheep asked, “You want me to hit them with a comic book?!” The dragon sighed, “Think of it as a door to the realm within this book. When you feel like that you can’t win in your own lair, take Blackout and flee into the book, the others would be expected to follow.”

The sheep asked, “And when I get there?” The dragon replied, “Join with the villains of that realm and finish him off.” Malefor added, “But that’s for Plan B, what I really want is for you to go to the Palace of Waking and stop those Skylanders from reaching the bell. Should you fail, return to the Nightmare Realm and await their arrival.”

The Dream Sheep nodded, “Yes, thank you, master!” Malefor vanished as the sheep went to the Sleep Dragon, woke him up and told him to fly to the Palace of Waking.


At the Palace of Waking, Blackout and his friends had reached their destination as Blackout said,

“Okay guys, this is it. We go in, ring the bell and the curse is lifted. But those trolls won’t make it easy on us.”

Spotlight added, “There’s also reports of large chompies in the palace that will prevent us from reaching the bell. Keep an eye out for them and take them down quickly!”

Blades pointed out, “And thanks to the Nightmare Villains that we captured, we nearly have all of the Gem Keys. We need one more to open the door to the Nightmare Wing and rescue Hugo.”

Echo was bopping her head to the music from her headphones as she said, “Let’s get to that bell and lift this curse!”

The four dragons began to proceed up the steps as they reached a spiral staircase. But as soon as they going to go up, a familiar dim-witted dog-like dragon appeared at the opening in the center of the staircase along with a black wooled sheep on his back.

The sheep looked at the four and said, “Well, if it isn’t the band of lizards led by my LEAST favorite Skylander! Welcome to my new palace. Do you like it? Be honest? I decorated it myself.”

Blackout looked at the Dream Sheep, “This palace would do nicely if it wasn’t covered with you and your flunkies.”

The Dream Sheep stated, “Nothing too extravagant: a painting here, statues of you removed to make way for my statues there…” He shouted, “Fire Pythons everywhere. Haha! Enjoy!”

The dragon ascended as the four dragons began to move up the stairs in order to get to the bell. But upon reaching the top, a Nightmare Giant Chompy appeared as he glared at Blackout and laugh. The dragon recognized this chompy,

“Big Bertha Bubblethorn, we meet again.”

The chompy laughed as he ordered his trolls and smaller chompies to attack. The four dragons went to work on Bertha’s forces as Blackout used his wing whip on the two chompies while Spotlight summoned an ethereal dragon on the two trolls. The others managed to dispose of Bertha’s forces as they stopped for a moment as the gate opened. Echo spoke,

“The Dream Sheep got here ahead of us?!”

Blackout nodded, “He must’ve felt sick of always arriving late to try and stop us.”

Spotlight stated, “Basically because this is the last bell to ring to lift his sleep curse.”

Blades understood this as he said, “So he decides to attack us now rather than later.”

The four dragons entered the next area where they found the area filled with serpents that are trailing fire. Blackout remembered these creatures,

“Fire Pythons. Just like the Dream Sheep said when we arrived.”

Spotlight added, “We can’t fight them, but we can still dodge them.”

Blades spotted a pedestal, “Look, there’s another Nightmare page!” The three dragons understood this as Blades carefully maneuvered across the field, avoiding the Pythons and retrieving the page. He brought it back to the group who moved to the other side of the room. Blades opened the page and realized,

“This page is number 2 of that giant chompy that we saw. Which means the first page is somewhere else,” The air dragon soon read,

“Not much is known about Bertha Bubblethorn’s past. Especially because most of the eyewitnesses end up mysteriously eaten.”

Echo added, “Presumably by Bertha himself.”

Blackout noticed, “It seems like someone doesn’t want anyone to discover his past.”

After sending it to Luna, the four dragons made it past the fire pythons and into the room to the left where they found more pythons and another Nightmare Page. They made it past the first python and noticed a key to the gate in the main hall. Blackout and Spotlight got past the pythons to get the key while Blades and Echo made their way to the Nightmare Page.

Once the four had performed their task, they met up in the main hall where the gate was as Echo read the page of Bertha Bubblethorn,

“Being the largest chompy ever recorded in history, Bertha was always a championship wrestler on the Nightmare Villain Academy’s “Low, Down and Dirty Wrestling Team” Naturally, they cheated.”

Blackout sighed, “The Dream Guardian Academy lost several wrestling championships to the Nightmare Villain Academy…and their wrestling team were the polar opposite of Bertha’s team.” The dragon soon smiled as he realized something,

“Until I went there and happened to be the only dragon on the team. I fought Bertha, beat him and humiliated him in front of everyone because I beat him in battle.”

Spotlight spoke, “Bertha must have an axe to grind with you.”

Blackout stated, “Let him try.”

After sending the page off to Luna, they were about to make their way to the gate only to find battle gates appear as trolls appeared around them. But unfortunately for the attackers, they weren’t strong enough against four dragons of four elements. The battle was over fairly quickly as the battle gates lowered. The sight of these enemies got Blades thinking,

“This has been on my mind for a while but: If all of Skylands is affected by the Sleep Curse, how is it that the enemies that we encountered weren’t affected?”

Blackout was aware of this, “It’s probably the presence of the Nightmare Villains, once the curse was released, the villains emerged and hired these birds, elves and trolls to be in the Dream Sheep’s Army.”

Spotlight added, “And as for us, Skylanders are immune to the Sleep Curse which gives us a fighting chance.”

The four opened the locked gate as they progressed into the next room where they had to make their way up a few steps, fighting three trolls along the way. They encountered Bertha again, who sent out three small chompies, a large chompy and a fighting force of troll gunners. Blackout decided to call in their friend that they captured from the previous area on the way, Grunkin Gobsprout to lay down the area with blaster fire until all trolls were down. Blackout spoke,

“Thanks Grunkin.”

The Nightmare Troll replied, “No problem, Blackout! Since your princess showed me a new path, I intend to follow it.”

Grunkin disappeared in a flash of light as the four dragons move on to follow Bertha. But when the reached the next area, there was a bridge with a few areas that don’t look very stable. Echo looked at the bridge as the water dragoness said,

“Some areas of this bridge don’t look very stable...we need to be careful.”

Blackout looked around, “But keep your guard up, this is the perfect place for an ambush.”

“AND AN AMBUSH IT IS, BLACKOUT!” The group looked and saw the Dream Sheep with the Sleep Dragon flying towards them as the sheep asked,

“Did you really think that you would just simply waltz across this bridge...and it wouldn’t rain fireballs? HAH! WRONG!!”

Blackout smiled, “Would you shoot fireballs at us and not expect shadow balls?”

The sheep said nothing as the group starting to run across the bridge as he said, “SHOOT FIREBALLS AT THEM, YOU FOOL!”

The Sleep Dragon obeyed his master as he shot several fireballs at the four dragons. Until the fireball exploded in midair as a shadow ball slammed right into the pea-brained dragon. This stunned him as the two dropped which gave the four dragons some breathing room. They went to the center of the bridge where they were attacked by some of the Dream Sheep’s flunkies. The amount of trolls and large chompies were no match for the four dragons. As so the battle gates opened, they moved across the bridge.

They were attacked by the Dream Sheep again, but they were fast enough to reach the other side of the bridge before he could rain fireballs down on the four. The Dream Sheep yelled,

“You Idiot! Why couldn’t you hit a simple target?!”

The Sleep Dragon said, “I’m sorry, but they’re just too fast for me!”

The Dream Sheep asked, “How are four SMALL Dragons able to avoid a BIG Dragon like yourself?!”

The dim-witted dragon replied, “I don’t know...but I think the audience should check out what’s going on in Griffonstone with the Purple Dragon.”

The Dream Sheep asked, “Griffonstone? Purple Dragon...you know what, nevermind! Let’s just stop Blackout already!” The evil duo flew off to another area of the palace…(while I take the dragon’s advice.)


At Griffonstone Castle, Spike, Gilda and the Fellowship of the Purple Dragon called for an emergency meeting in the Throne Room. The Griffon Fighters, consisting of specialists, soldiers, and scouts with Gabby as the leader of the scout team, were all gathered in the Throne Room as they waited for their leader and their guests to speak. After a short while of waiting, Gilda turned to her militia and said,

“Well, it looks like we have the upper claw from here on out.” She directed their attention to Spike and his group, “The Dragon next to me has traveled from his home of Ponyville to get help from us Griffins. But we can’t do anything for him until we stop these grublins from launching another attack on our kingdom! But he and his friends have found a way to cut off the command that these grublins have.” She looked at Spike, “You’ve got the floor now, Spike.”

The Purple Dragon approached as the griffons were in awe even if they saw him before. Spike started speaking, “Throughout our travels, we discovered a way to cut off the command structure for the grublins. And each attack force that we faced before arriving here was led by one of these…” He motioned Eye-Brawl to set a holo-projector to show who’s leading this attack, “Doomlanders… These come in one of the ten battle classes which was recent: Knight, Swashbuckler, Ninja, Sentinel, Smasher, Sorcerer, Quickshot, Bazooker, Bowslinger and Brawler. The Doomlander that is leading the attack is confirmed to be a Bowslinger and is skilled with the bow and arrow as his class is. We take out the Bowslinger, the grublins would break from the fight.”

A griffin asked, “Excuse me, but how are we supposed to take out something like that?”

Spike smiled, “Funny you should ask. An hour ago, I sent a message to Princess Celestia requesting back-up.”

A female griffin asked, “What kind of back-up?” Soon enough, several flashes of light impacted the area where the meeting was taking place. The lights took the form of several mix-matched creatures, one was a female that held twin pistols as fire burn around her, the other female had a staff that shined bright as the sun as she was floating gracefully with her angel wings, the last one was a male with a blue color for himself as blue as the water as he wore brass knuckles.

The next ones that appeared weren’t like the first three, the next three was a large penguin fit for combat, the second was the Golden Queen while the third was a scientist that a certain bandicoot was all too familiar with.

There were three more lights that formed into Rocky Roll, Krypt King and the griffon, Sonic Boom. Once everyone was accounted for, Spike looked at the griffon militia, “This back-up.”

The penguin spoke, “The Princesses send their regards.”

The Light creature with the angel wings spoke, “As well as the regards of our Imagineers.”

The griffons looked in awe at the new arrivals as Gilda asked the penguin, “Who are you guys anyway?”

The penguin replied, “The three of us are the Senseis, a new branch of Skylanders. We are the masters of the 10 Battle Classes that Spike told you about. And I’m King Pen, one of the Masters of the Brawler Class.”

The Golden Queen introduced herself, “I’m the Golden Queen, former enemy of the Skylanders, now a Master of the Sorcerer Class.”

The scientist introduced himself, “I am Dr. Neo Cortex, scientific genius and a Master of the Sorcerer Class. I’m also the creator of Crash Bandicoot which is the bandicoot that is with the dragon.”

Rocky Roll spoke, “I’m Rocky and my boulder companion is Roll. We’ve been partners for all of our lives, we are one Skylander of the Earth Element.”

Krypt King introduced, “I am Krypt King, Trap Master of Cloudcracker Base and Skylander of the Undead Element.”

Some griffons started to silently speak amongst themselves of the newcomers to the city currently at war, which Sonic Boom noticed, so she used her sonic shriek to get their attention, “Now that you are all focused, some of us haven’t introduced ourselves yet.” She flared her wings out as four eggs emerged and hatched into four griffin hatchlings, “I am Sonic Boom, Skylander of the Air Element and these are my children.”

Gilda spoke, “I remember you very well.” Sonic Boom nodded and said, “The memories of my soul know of you as well.” The babies squawked at Gilda until the mother griffin stated, “Now now, kids, she’s the host and our ally.” The babies understood this and calmed down.

Grampa Gruff approached the mother griffin, “So you’re the one that screeched at my granddaughter…” Sonic Boom replied, “I know of it when Spike was in possession of my soul when he was just a hatchling. I am also aware that we have yet to introduce the Imaginators.”

Gilda asked, “Imaginators?” The one with the angel wings spoke, “That would be the three of us.”

The griffin’s attention was drawn to the mix-matched creatures as the one with the angel wings spoke with her voice echoing a bit,

“I am Radiant Sun, Imaginator of Sorcerer class under the Light Element.”

The Muscle Man introduced himself, “You can call me Tidal Wave of the Brawler class and Water Element and my knuckles and piranha pals are ready meet some grublins.”

The one with the blasters introduced herself, “And I’m Quick Blaze of the Fire Element and member of the Quickshot class. When it comes to grublins, a shot with my blasters is all it takes.”

King Pen told the Imaginator, “Keep in mind that this is your first time in a real battle, Blaze. Don’t get cocky. Remember what Dr. Krankcase taught you?”

Quick Blaze nodded, “I understand, Master King Pen.”

Gilda soon understood as she looked at the map, “According to the scouting brigade’s information, The grublins have set up a base somewhere in the Abysmal Abyss. However the abyss is guarded by several grublin patrols around the chasm. We’ll need the Imaginators to take down the guards and signal the militia to attack the grublin defenses while the Senseis lead in the fight. But the attack will serve as a diversion while Spike and his team sneak down into the abyss and find the base and take down their leader. The abyss is surrounded by heavy winds that could blow even the best flyer off course, Sonic Boom will have to use her air powers to clear the high winds to allow safe passage into the abyss.” She looked at Spike, “Spike, you might wanna add some words of advice to them.”

Spike understood as the purple dragon looked at the best and brightest of the Griffonstone Militia and said, “Keep in mind, that you are the soldiers of the Griffon Kingdom. You are the best fighters that this city has. You need to show these monsters that you are the best.”

Sonic Boom stepped forward, “The best that anyone could be. You’re ancestors were full of pride, full of courage and a code to defend the kingdom to death. If your ancestors could see the state of this city, but see your efforts in protecting it from this things, would they lower their heads or raise them up high?”

Gabby stepped forward, “They would be proud of us to know that we are fighting to save our home.”

Sonic Boom continued, “So your duty is fight the enemy that’s threatening the city and win this battle with the very pride that’s bestowed upon you.”

One griffin decided to smart-mouth the skylander, “In your dreams, Skylander! Our pride died when our treasure was lost! What makes you think that we griffins could stand a chance against them?”

The babies began squawking at the griffin until the mother motioned them to stop with her wings, “Pride comes from the heart, the pride of the griffins, the city, everything exists from the heart. If we even have a chance of recovering the idol in this attack, would it even bring the city out of ruin?”

The soldier shrugged, “The idol was a valuable part of the city and losing it made us lose our pride.”

“And right now it’s in the same abyss that the grublins are using as a base. There is a high chance that this idol could be recovered.” Sonic Boom turned her attention to the griffin soldiers gathered, “But if we recover it or not, the main concern is stopping these monsters and close that portal that’s currently over the city!” She raised her wings, “Are you ready to fight for your city!?”

The griffin militia looked at each other for a bit before deciding to stand tall with flared wings, “YES!”


Sonic Boom asked, “Are you going to let up?”

“NO!!” shouted the griffins.

Sonic Boom asked, “Are you ready to drive these monsters back from whence they came?”

The griffins shouted, “YES!!”

Sonic Boom finished as she said, “Prepare yourselves for the coming battle. For in the next hour and a half, WE TAKE THE FIGHT TO THEM!”

The griffins cheered as they left the throne room, leaving Gabby as the only one there with the leaders. Gilda approached Sonic Boom as she said,

“Nice work on getting my soldiers on their feet.”

Gabby spoke, “You know, if I didn’t know any better, they could rely on you for ruling Griffonstone after this battle.”

Spike approached, “That’s the other thing we need, someone to accept the call for help. And Griffonstone hasn’t had a ruler in centuries, making it a impoverished city.”

Gilda nodded and had an idea as she turned to Sonic Boom, “If the soldiers look up to you that, what if you become the ruler of Griffonstone?”

Sonic Boom asked in shock, “Me? A Queen?”

Gilda nodded, “Normally I would not care for this, but we need someone to lead this kingdom.”

The mother griffin thought about this and decided, “We’ll decide once we stop the grublins before they launch a counterattack.”

Gruff spoke, “If you can pull these fools in line, that would be enough for you to have them look up to you.”

Spike knew what that meant and what Sonic Boom did and decided, “Well, then let’s go!” The combatants soon left the throne room to prepare for the coming battle.


After finding the third Nightmare Page which mentioned the Nightmare chompy eating a reporter’s news van just because he said ‘Hello’,confronted Bertha Bubblethorn himself and captured him. the four dragons were close to the bell. They needed to make it across the bridge that leads to their goal. But of course, the Dream Sheep wasn’t going to make it easy on them as the Sleep Dragon set down as the sheep said,

“How about we play a game, Skylanders? One in which WE shoot fireballs, and ALL FOUR OF YOU… get toasty!”

Blackout shouted, “How about a game which WE dodge the fireballs while YOU flee like a coward!”

The sheep said nothing as the Sleep Dragon began to shoot fireballs at the group as Blackout said to his friends, “Let’s sprint this! Follow my lead and don’t fall behind!”

The other three nodded, “Got it!” Soon enough, the group charged towards the fireballs as the dodged every single fireball that came towards them at a lightning fast speed that the Sleep Dragon couldn’t keep up with them as both the dragon and the sheep got hit by the forces of Dark, Light, Water and Air as it pushed him back to the entrance to the Tower of Waking. The Dream Sheep angrily said,

“What are you waiting for? FRY THEM!!” The Sleep Dragon shot fireballs at the charging dragons but were destroyed by a shadow ball from Blackout. The four dragons fired a combo version of their elemental abilities which mowed down any fireballs that the Sleep Dragon shoots out. This caused the Dream Sheep to freak out,

“RETREAT! RETREAT INTO THE TOWER!” The Sleep Dragon took off as the four dragons moved passed them and into the tower. The four dragons entered the bell chamber as they saw the bell being blocked by the Dream Sheep and his dim-witted puppet. The Dream Sheep looked at the four dragons, primarily at Blackout,

“You know, you really ARE starting to annoy me!”

Blackout chuckled, “Did I hurt your plans for world domination?” The Dream Sheep asked, “What is the world coming to, when an evil sheep can’t get a moment’s peace to conquer Skylands now and again? I ask you.”

Blackout stated, “The opposition is what mattered when said evil sheep is stopped by his opposition.”

The Dream Sheep replied, “Of course, what you didn’t realize is that this was all part of my deliciously ingenious plan.”

Echo asked, “A plan which involved you getting beaten by us?” The Dream Sheep shook his head, “You and your friends may think that you foiled me by ringing those cursed bells, but then you would be WRONG AGAIN!”

The Sleep Dragon was confused, “But I thought you said that the Skylanders were ruining everything…” The sheep yelled, “QUIET, YOU!”

Spotlight asked, “If you say that ringing the bells is not enough, what else are you planning?”

The Dream Sheep scoffed, “Nothing that requires your sunny tail, sweetheart!” Blackout yelled, “Don’t call her Sweetheart!”

The sheep stated, “Whatever...and as unfortunate as it may sound, the usefulness of all four of you to me has come to an end. Naturally I don’t want any of you to go away empty-handed. So as a token of my appreciation, Skylanders, I wish to thank you now - by utterly destroying you. ATTACK!”

Blackout flared his wings, “Well we won’t go down so easily, we fought you in the last two towers before and won.”

Spotlight activated her sun powers, “Just try to keep us from that bell!”

The Dream Sheep ordered the Sleep Dragon, “Come on, SLAM THEM!!” The large dragon slammed his tail where the four dragons were standing. But unfortunately for the sheep, the four dragons moved as each dragon stood on each side of the battle area, causing the Sleep Dragon to ask his master,

“Um...we seem to be surrounded by them…” The Dream Sheep yelled, “It doesn’t matter if we’re surrounded or not! You’re the larger dragon here so...DRAGON SQUASH!!”

The Sleep Dragon did his shockwave attack which all four dragons avoided as the Dream Sheep eyed Blackout and ordered his pet, “POWER SLAM THE BLACK DRAGON!!”

The Sleep Dragon slammed his tail on top of Blackout, but the smaller dragon dodged at the last minute. The sleep ball on the dragon’s tail was stuck, leaving it vulnerable to Blackout’s wing whip attack. The ball broke off as the Sleep Dragon was licking his tail, leaving him distracted with the Dream Sheep’s constant ranting until Blackout flung the ball at the dragon, knocking him out and flinging the Dream Sheep down to the battlefield, leaving him vulnerable to attack from Spotlight, Echo and Blades.

The Dream Sheep was getting hit constantly by the dragons as he yelled “HELLO!!” he was trying to wake up the Sleep Dragon so he can be protected from the four. Blackout whacked the sheep with his wing as the Sleep Dragon woke up. The Dream Sheep jumped onto the large dragon as he yelled,

“Um, a little help? I COMMAND IT!!” They took off as several of the trolls and mega chompies emerged to stop the four dragons. Blackout looked at his friends as they decided to summon their recent catch,

“COME ON OUT, BIG GUY!” Big Bertha Bubblethorn appeared in a flash of light as the Nightmare Mega Chompy went to work on the regular Mega Chompies while the four dragons took down the trolls. After they cleaned house, Bertha waved goodbye as the mega chompy was sent back to Luna.

Soon enough, the Dream Sheep came crashing in as the Sleep Dragon used his shockwave attack which knocked some of the floor paneling into the water. The Dream Sheep ordered the dragon to do a tail slam which missed the four dragons as they took their spots from last time. When the Dream Sheep was just about to order the large dragon to do a shockwave attack, Blackout asked,

“You really think that would help you this time?”

The Dream Sheep asked, “What?” The black dragon stated, “The shockwave attack is too predictable.”

The Dream Sheep, although angry, realized, “You’re right...trying to squash you all is predictable.” He soon had an evil smile, “So how is this for predictable, Blackout!” He told the Sleep Dragon, “BURN HIM ALIVE!!”

The Sleep Dragon crouched as he opened his mouth and shot his fire breath at Blackout...but this time, he didn’t move. Blackout was caught by surprise as the flames came towards him at a fast pace. He could hear the sinister laughter of the Dream Sheep along with the shouting cries from his friends,

“OH NO!”

“MOVE BLACKOUT!”

“BLACKOUT!!”

Blackout covered himself with his wings to block out the light from the flames which were right on top of him as he closed his eyes.

As the Sleep Dragon was finished using his fire breath on Blackout, the Dream Sheep looked into the flames with glee, knowing that his archenemy has been dealt with, He looked at the remaining three dragons and said,

“Not expecting that, wasn’t he?”

Spotlight, now full of grief yelled, “MURDERER!”
Blades joined in, “SCOUNDREL!”
Echo joined in, “COMPLETE MONSTER!!”

The Dream Sheep scoffed, “Foolish lizards, did you really think that you could stand up against me?”

Spotlight replied as tears rolled down her face, “Blackout and I did and won!” The Light Dragoness stood her ground, “And he wouldn’t want us to give up!”

Blades pointed his armored wing at the Dream Sheep, “We would fight you regardless and at any cost!”

Echo added, “And we would win! Just like Blackout wanted!”

The Dream Sheep was going to say something as the Sleep Dragon asked, “Um...boss?” But the sheep shrugged him off, “Quiet, you! I’m just going to make a statement to these Skylanders on why I’m far superior than them.”

The sheep stated, “Even with Blackout gone, would you really stand a chance against me?”

Spotlight couldn’t help but notice a familiar aura by the flames as she looked at the sheep, But we’re willing to try!”

As they continued a verbal battle, the flames started to go from red and orange to black and blue as if something was happening...

Author's Note:

UGH!! THE DREADED CLIFFHANGER!

So now this got dark all of a sudden, but now we have questions. Could the three carry on without Blackout? What is going on with the flames where Blackout stood?
And to the Battle of Griffonstone, Will Spike and the Militia succeed in attacking the base in the Abysmal Abyss?

Find out in the next exciting chapter of Skylanders X MLP!

PreviousChapters Next