• Published 14th Aug 2013
  • 11,121 Views, 361 Comments

Skylanders X MLP - Skylander545



After Kaos destroys the Core of Light, the Skylanders were not banished to Earth, but they were sent to Equestria on an entirely new mission. The Mane 6 will join forces with the Skylanders.

  • ...
23
 361
 11,121

PreviousChapters Next
Stoneshrine Islands

The four dragons arrived at the Sacred Town, one of the many areas of the Stoneshrine Islands, only to find the town under attack by the Dream Sheep’s evil birds. Blackout looked all over the islands and saw nothing but sleeping mabu and attacking bird pirates. Soon Princess Luna appeared,

“You know what you have to do, Skylanders. Clear out these feathered fiends and make your way to the Temple of Waking!”

Blackout replied, “We’ll clear this village of those birds!” Luna vanished as he said to the others, “We’ve got a village to save.”

All four dragons charged forward and made their way into the village and destroyed a gate with a bomb that was on the upper level. They did wake up a mabu villager earlier on that told them that the birds are blocking the way to the Temple of Waking. After they made their way into another area of the town, the dragons spotted a Traptanium shard. Blackout knew for certain that a Trap Master would have to break those shards with their crystal weapons. He shouted up,

“Princess, we found a shard of Traptanium!”

Princess Luna replied as she appeared in her hologram, “Mark any shard of Traptanium that you find and we will send a Trap Master to smash it and bring the slivers back here.”

Echo spoke, “Do you think we can request any Trap Master support?”

Luna nodded, “If a battle gets too heavy, you can request the support of a captured villain or a Trap Master.”

Spotlight whistled, “That’s a good way for us to get help.”

The dragons simply flagged the deposit and moved on towards the next area of the town where they saw a scroll on a nearby pedestal. They saw a group of enemy birds blocking the path to the Temple of Waking. One of these enemies was a nightmare bird that Blackout knew all too well,

“Spike McPokerton!”

The bird noticed, “Braaagh, I’ve always wanted to get a crack out of you once again, Blackout!” He soon motioned to his fellow birds, “Go get those dragons!” McPokerton soon fled down the path as a battle gate appeared. As the gate appeared, McPokerton’s flunkies soon began to charge at the four Skylanders as the four got into battle positions.

McPokerton’s flunkies were mostly bird copters and bird pirates. The bird copters were easy pickings for Spotlight’s beam attacks while the bird pirates were taken down by Blades’ sword wing attacks. Once the birds were dealt with, the battle gate disappeared as the path to the temple was clear. But there was still a long way to go in getting to the temple, starting with saving the town and capturing Spike McPokerton as well as the other Nightmare villains that were causing havoc across the Stoneshire Islands. It wasn’t until Echo went to the scroll pedestal and read it as she motioned for the others to listen,

“Spike McPokerton loves to invade the dreams of unsuspecting sleepers. He should be approached with extreme caution - partly because he is so dangerous, but mostly because he has never taken a bath.”

Blackout knew, “That pirate hasn’t changed his bad hygiene.”

Spotlight was intrigued, “Echo, we need to send this to Princess Luna. She will also like to know about our enemies.”

The water dragoness used her transfer breath and sent the scroll to Luna as the quartet continued on to chase after that seabird. It was a short walk across a booby-trapped spike gate as they came across another Mabu local of the town as he suddenly woke up to the presence of the Skylanders as he said to them,

“Skylanders, we tried locking the gates to keep those mean birds out...but...well they just kind of flew over!”

Blackout stated, “Birds can fly, you know.” The mabu apologized, “I’m sorry, Blackout. But also I might have thrown the key over to that platform over there. You and your friends might need it to open the gate.”

Blades looked at the key in the distance and back to the mabu, “That was a nice throw actually.”

The mabu shrugged, “Well, some pony scholars came here last week and I was nearly frightened by his sudden appearance which made me throw my Skystones deck into that pit. I had to dig all over the pit just to find them.”

Blackout understood this as he and Blades moved over to the moving platform to where the key was. They grabbed it and brought the key to the locked gate and opened it as they continued their journey to find McPokerton. The four dragons made their way into town and was soon blocked by a battle gate as several enemies began to show up and attack the four.

The four dragons used their individual powers to win this fight quickly. Blackout jumped into the air and curled up into a ball as his wings stuck out like razor blades and used this power to take down a few of the birds.

Spotlight used her light beam attacks on the birds while using her gold halos to trap the enemies before shooting her beams at them.

Blades performed a cyclone swirl which subjected his batch of birds to a cyclone that flew them off the island.

Echo used her sonic slam attack which dealt damage to the birds that were on the ground and used her siren scream to finish off the bird copters.

After all of the enemies were defeated, the gate opened to another locked gate with a tablet on the bottom and an image on the door itself. This is something that had the four looked confused until Luna spoke to them,

“This door can only open if you match the colored dots to rearrange the image on the door itself.”

Blackout understood, “We’ll have to connect the dots on this tablet to open the door?”

Luna replied, “It is true, Blackout.”

So Blackout followed the door puzzle and each piece he completes, a piece of the image on the door would align with its assigned position. The lines could not cross one another so he had to look for a correct spot and try his luck at it. Eventually, the image was complete in the appearance of a Mabu as the door opened into the structure. When they went inside, the four destroyed a barrier that was blocking the way and went back outside to make their way towards the Temple of Waking.

The dragons moved across the spiked traps and the moving platforms in order to chase after that Nightmare bird and get to the Temple of Waking.

Blackout and the others were soon clearing out a part of the village that was filled with enemies until he noticed another one of those scroll pedestals on the upper levels as he made his way towards it. The others finished sanitizing the area of enemies as they joined Blackout, who had the scroll in his magic as he read,

“It isn’t known where exactly Spike comes from, as he never seems to tell the truth about anything. He claims his father is a one-legged Grizzly Bear named Terrence.”

Blades looked at the page and spoke, “The type of bird that Applejack would actually use her strength until he tells the truth.”

Blackout chuckled, “If there ever was an Element of Interrogation, that would be her. And she knows who’s lying and honest.”

Spotlight decided, “That’s two pages down for here, one more to go.” The Light Dragon sent it to Luna as they continued on. They progressed into the last area of the town where there’s a gate that requires three keys to open and an elevated platform to which McPokerton was standing on as he was taunting them.

Blackout looked at the the two buildings and said to his friends, “We’ll have to split up and find those keys. Blades, take the upper level. Echo, you take the left building. Spotlight and I will search the right building.”

The four agreed and separated to their assigned areas while Spotlight and Blackout entered the building on the right. Upon entering the building, they were greeted by a bunch of baddies and a sleeping mabu by a Skystones table.

The duo simply cleared out the bad guys and woke up the sleeping mabu. He noticed the two and decided,

“I’ll tell you what. If you beat me in a game of Skystones, I’ll give you this key to the gate outside.”

Blackout and Spotlight looked at each other and at the mabu as Blackout decided to accept this mabu’s challenge.

The Skystones game was actually a really quick game since Blackout beat the mabu in under 3 minutes and he was given the key that was promised. The mabu spoke,

“Nice game, Blackout. I hope you two reach the Temple of Waking and lift this curse.”

Spotlight spoke, “Don’t worry, we’ll make sure that everyone wakes up to see the sunrise.”

Blackout knew that was a metaphor as they left the building and rejoined Blades and Echo, they had the other two keys as well. Blades spoke,

“Good to see that you found the third key to this gate.”

Echo spoke, “That bird has been taunting us for a while now.”

Blackout looked up at the platform where McPokerton was taunting them and said, “He does that a lot.”

Spotlight understood that as she said, “We’ll get to him as soon as the gate is opened.”

The four dragons placed the three keys in their respective keyholes as the gate opened up to a bunch of stairs leading to the underside of the platform where the nightmare bird was standing on. The team saw a moving platform heading towards a destroy-able gate to the elevator that leads to the upper level. On the right side, there was a bomb to destroy the gate and on the left, there was an enemy guarding the last nightmare page.

The team soon defeated the only enemy in the room, destroyed the gate and obtained the page as they made their way into the elevator. The dragons knew that it would take them to McPokerton since he was on the top of the platform. They soon decided to read the third nightmare page on their bird as Blades read,

“When invading dreams, Spike always uses his catchphrase (which he claims is famous), “Spike’s coming, so watch out for pokey stuff!”

Blades soon sent the page to Luna like the others that they found. The armored dragon asked Blackout,

“So you fought these Nightmare Villains before?”

Blackout nodded, “Spotlight and I fought the these guys so that we could seal them back into the Dream Realm. I also took care of the Dark Stygian clan before the Dream Weavers summoned me.”

Blades noticed, “It was probably a way to say ‘thank you’ for saving one of their own.”

Blackout remembered, “I saved a Dream Weaver hatchling from a nightmare and I was summoned to fight the Dream Sheep.”

Spotlight noticed, “And I was at your side through the whole battle with that sheep.”

Blackout was still curious, “There’s one thing that bothers me...my home, the Dream Realm was ruled by the King of Dreams. When the Dream Sheep made his move on the waking world, the king vanished.”

Echo asked, “The Dream Realm had a king?” Blackout nodded, “And he’s all but vanished into thin air. I’ve been wanting to find out what happened to him and bring him home to his realm.”

Spotlight spoke, “We could ask the Dream Sheep when we see him. But I doubt that he would give us a straight answer.”

Blackout replied, “I guess we have a new task: Ring the bells, defeat the Dream Sheep and find the King of the Dream Realm.”

Soon enough, the elevator came to a stop on the top of the platform as they saw the exit portal...and McPokerton guarding it.

Blackout and his friends soon got into battle position as the nightmare bird squawked, “Prepare to be crushed, Blackout!”

The bird charged forward as Blackout launched a shadow ball at him. The projectile staggered McPokerton for a bit which left him open to a beam attack from Spotlight. That’s when the bird started to do a spin attack which caused the four dragons to scatter in different areas to avoid the bird.

As soon as McPokerton stopped spinning, Blades moved in with a blade strike and a cyclone swirl while Echo shot a siren scream into the swirl as Blades swung the swirl at the bird causing him to cover his ears since it was so loud and the bird was being pulled by the cyclone swirl as Blackout used his shadow blade attack followed by an aura charge by Spotlight as the combined strength of all four dragons hit McPokerton, knocking him out of the swirl and flat on his beak. The attack also caused the nightmare bird to groan,

“I knew that you were powerful...but all four dragons...oh…”

Blackout smiled, “When a nightmare bird goes up against four dragons, it’s always the dragons that tip the scales.”

Spotlight joined in, “We outshined and eclipsed the nightmare villains before and we will do it again.”

Blades joined in, “But this time they are not alone.”

Echo finished, “Because we’re joining them in dealing with you villains and it’s going to be loud!”

Soon enough, a thump of magic occurred as a vortex opened up as McPokerton looked in shock as he realized,

“Wait, a vortex! No!” He was soon pulled in, “This can’t be HAPPENING!!!” The vortex soon vanished as the four dragons were shown an image of the nightmare bird dropping into the Traptanium shard back in Equestria. The bird looked around and realized,

“I’m trapped...I’m trapped in Traptanium!!”

Luna’s voice echoed in the image, “Yes you are, Spike McPokerton! Now we offer you a decision; Stand with us or stand against us. Considering your current position now, we would recommend accepting the offer to join us.”

Spike McPokerton recognized her voice, “Wait!! Everyone in the Dream Realm talked about you! The pony that could cross into our realm...I accept your offer!”

Soon enough, the image faded and the exit gate was cleared to go through. The group knew that since they captured another Nightmare villain, they will have to send the captured villain to infiltrate a boot camp and take back another Gem Key from the Dream Sheep.


Meanwhile back in Equestria, Spike and his companions were on their way to Griffonstone, the city of the Griffons. Ever since the Dragon Lands attack, they have kept on their toes or in Trail Blazer’s case, on his hooves for any signs of reported Grublin attacks. They have already been involved in at least two Grublin incursions since the Dragon Lands. If those creatures weren’t enough, each incursion was lead by at least one Doomlander.

That’s what got Spike into a deep thought of the prospect of the Doomlanders. The first one they fought in the Dragon Lands, was a knight. The second Doomlander that they fought in the Badlands was a Quickshot which meant that it was wielding dual pistols and commanding it’s grublin charges. Then came the most recent Grublin Attack lead by a Doomlander, it took place in the Smokey Mountains, home to two families, the Hooffields and the McColts. The Hooffields were a family of farmers while the McColts were a family of builders. Both families have been feuding over taking care of the valley and the animals.

When Spike and his Fellowship arrived at the mountains, they already saw the ridiculous feud between the families and explained to them that ‘one valley wouldn’t mean anything if we lose the entire planet to Malefor’ it seemed that it shook the two families to their core when both questioned ‘what differs Malefor to us?’ and right on cue, a portal opened as grublins came pouring out of it, lead by a Sorcerer Doomlander.

The two families finally realized that Malefor’s army not only poses a threat to their valley, but to the entire world. After witnessing the five defeat the grublins and the Doomlander as well, they saw Ember the dragoness close the portal with the Bloodstone Scepter. Both families cannot deny the threat anymore, so they ended their feud and pledged to honor their founding ancestors and join in on the upcoming fight against the Dark Armies.

After leaving the mountains, their next destination was Griffonstone, but due to the that they have on for so long. Even Crash was starting to reach his limit as he fell asleep in Eye-Brawl’s hand. This made Spike decide,

“Let’s set up camp for the night. We all could use some rest after what happened today.”

Aku-Aku spoke, “A wise decision, Spike. There is no reason to continue on when you are exhausted from today’s activities.”

Eye-Brawl set the sleeping bandicoot flat on his back against a tree as pulled out another bag. “It was generous for the Hooffields and McColts to give us camping supplies for our journey.”

Trail Blazer nodded, “We pretty much saved their valley from those things.”

Ember was concerned, “So does danger seem follow us everywhere we go or is it just some coincidence?”

Spike sighed as he began to set up the camp with the others, “We already stopped two attacks already since the Dragon Lands. And so far they were only small incursions of grublins lead by these new Doomlanders.”

Aku-Aku asked while setting up a tent with Eye-Brawl, “What of the chests that we obtained after defeating these Doomlanders?”

Spike replied as he formed a firepit with his Earth ability, “After we sent the chests to Cloudcracker Base, I got a reply from Celestia saying that the contents of those chests were not Traptanium.”

Ember asked as she set up a tent with Trail Blazer, “If it wasn’t Traptanium, what was it?”

Before Spike could respond, he soon belched up a new note. He opened the note and read,

“Spike,

We’ve done some further tests on the crystals that you found. After several tests, Master Eon actually identified the crystals as ‘Imaginite’ a crystal that has been known as the building blocks of creation from Spyro’s Planetary Fury Wave, used by the ancients. Eon has been has been working on a new program to create a new breed of Skylanders involving Mind Magic and Imaginite is one of the key items that he needs for this program.

We are grateful that you and your friends are out there and gathering help for this war. Ray has been working as well and has done a great job in gathering supplies with the villagers from Equal Town. He appreciates the help that you sent him and wishes to keep up the good work. Equis’ survival depends on you and your Fellowship. Good luck, Spike. Whenever you look up to the sun, think of it as me watching you.

Love, Mom.

P.S. We have also met the creator of Crash Bandicoot, Dr. Neo Cortex. He’s on our side and I’ve also persuaded Aku-Aku’s Twin Brother to join us as well. Mostly because taking over the world is his job.”

The very mentioning of Cortex actually snapped Crash awake as he did a spin and looked around with a determined look on his face. Aku-Aku realized,

“Uka-Uka is here?”

Trail Blazer asked, “The letter said that he was your brother?”

Aku-Aku nodded, “Yes, he’s my evil twin brother that preferred dominating the world and many eons ago, I locked Uka-Uka in an underground prison to protect the world from his malice. It wasn’t until Crash destroyed the Cortex Vortex orbiting the Earth and a fragment from the station crashed into his prison, freeing him in the process. We fought him several times, but we teamed up to fight Victor and Moritz, Cortex’s pet parrots that were sent to the 10th dimension by accident and came back with a vengeance.”

Eye-Brawl asked, “And you don’t seem concerned about your brother’s appearance here?”

Aku-Aku replied, “Correction, I am very concerned when it comes to Uka-Uka. When something out of the ordinary went wrong, I assumed that he would be up to no good. But now, the Princess has convinced him to join us. Thanks to the Traptanium from the base,”

Soon enough, the team had finally set up the camp as Eye-Brawl’s tent was a large one because he’s a giant. The campsite overlooked a lake as the sunset tends to reflect off of the surface giving it a pristine beauty of the area. Spike looked out at the sunset and sighed,

“If only Rarity was here to see this. Although she wasn’t agreeing with the CMC’s plan to go camping a couple of years back.”

Eye-Brawl nodded, “And that feud between her and Flashwing intensified the trip to the Winsome Falls. Bash told me that the feud was annoying him so much that he had to personally knock some sense into both of them to end their feud.”

Spike remembered that time as the thought of those three fillies came back to him, “They did get their Cutie Marks a few months back during the Traptanium War.”

Eye-Brawl nodded, “They’re special talent was helping others, but they mostly helped the Skylanders.”

Spike chuckled, “You know, before I left I visited their clubhouse and they told me about their very own Skylanders. Scootaloo said that it would be cool if they could create their own Skylander.”

Eye-Brawl was amused, “Those three do have a vast imagination and they once showed me several drawings of their own Skylanders.”

Trail Blazer approached, “Didn’t their Cutie Marks also have an Elemental symbol?”

Spike nodded, “Yeah, they do. Scootaloo’s was the bolt and the Air symbol, Sweetie Belle’s was the music note and Magic symbol and Applebloom was the apple and Earth symbol.”

Aku-Aku spoke, “It signifies not only their talents, but their roots and their elements.”

Spike chuckled, “Sweetie Belle even predicted that she would be a Skylander of Magic during the victory celebration in the Equestrian Isles.”

Ember asked in curiosity, “What are the Equestrian Isles anyway?” Spike replied, “The Isles are a group of islands that serve as a colony in Skylands. It was given to Starswirl the Bearded by Eon several years ago. The capital city, Starswirl was named after him.”

Ember was even more curious about the isles more than ever before. But she was soon distracted by the light of the sunset as she noticed that it was...beautiful,

“I never realized that you guys can enjoy a sunset like this. I never got something like this back home.”

Trail Blazer noticed, “When it comes to sunsets, it’s the only way that separates the hassle of everyday life from the peaceful views of the world.”

Crash spoke an unintelligible sentence as Aku-Aku translated, “The sunsets on N. Sanity Island were amazing as it could be, but this is different.”

Trail Blazer lied down on the grass as he asked, “You ever wonder what happened to Starlight Glimmer after we drove her out?”

Spike shrugged, “She did say that we haven’t seen the last of her. But doesn’t she understand our situation?”

The Fire Unicorn shook his head, “Either she knows, but all she cares about is her dumb philosophy or all she wants is to take you down. She was contempt on capturing you when she caught me to lure you in.”

Spike shook his head, “Either way, she’s probably long gone by now.”

Aku-Aku asked, “This Starlight is an enemy of yours?”

Spike replied to the mask, “Just some unicorn who believed that the only way to be truly happy is if everypony has an Equal Cutie Mark. Only for Trail Blazer and I to discover that she was stealing Cutie Marks just for her twisted game.”

Aku-Aku stated, “At least you stopped her.”

Spike finished, “For now.”

Soon enough, the sun has set as day turned to night as the moon left a good reflection on the lake. The team was soon gathered around the campfire as they began to have conversations referring to recent events, the Doomlanders and even personal reasons. Spike noticed Eye-Brawl looking a bit quiet since Ember and Trail Blazer began talking about life before the attack. The giant’s silence is what made the purple dragon ask,

“Is there anything wrong?”

Eye-Brawl nodded, “When Aku-Aku mentioned his own brother...I thought back to my twin brother.”

When Eye-Brawl said that, everyone stopped what they were doing and looked at the giant as Trail Blazer asked,

“You have a brother?”

Eye-Brawl nodded, “My brother was a born flyer, growing up alongside myself. He had wings just like me and we were inseparable.”

Ember guessed, “And then something went wrong and you ended up losing your brother.”

Eye-Brawl looked down towards the ground as he said, “He drifted off course into a band of pirates where they attacked him. I saw his wings get blown off by those fiends as he dropped into the ocean. I...I tried to go after him...to bring him to safety. But I was too late to save him...I was devastated.”

Spike was shocked, “Losing your brother must’ve been sad for you. But how did you cope with it?”

Eye-Brawl replied, “I couldn’t cry because I don’t have tear ducts...so I decided to do that staring contest with the headless body, becoming who I am.”

The story of Eye-Brawl losing his brother was sad for most of his companions. Although Ember grew up an only hatchling, she could also see the thought of losing someone that you cared about. Eye-Brawl soon wondered,

“I always thought about what happened to him after he fell into the ocean.”

The giant had a slight hint of hope in his voice. He was hoping that if his brother was okay at the bottom of the ocean and he knew that the wildlife would take notice of his brother and help him out. But soon enough he decided to end the topic of his brother as he said,

“That was my story with my brother.”

Aku-Aku spoke, “Interesting Eye-Brawl.” The giant nodded as he turned to the scepter that Ember was holding as he spoke,

“Ember...about the scepter’s power.”

The Dragoness noticed, “I’m actually shocked that the scepter could actually close the portals that those thing were using to get it.”

Trail Blazer remembered something, “I think I know what’s causing it to open and close portals.”

Spike noticed, “You got something, Trail Blazer?” The Fire Unicorn nodded as he explained,

“The Bloodstone Jewel in the scepter is a rare type of crystal in Skylands. There are stories about this type of crystal that has the ability to power up portals and arch-portals, portals that in the shape of arches. Only one Bloodstone crystal is known to exist in Skylands.”

Ember asked in curiosity, “And that jewel is…”

The unicorn revealed, “The Power Crystal that’s used to power the Super-Portal in the Winter Tundra back in Avalar.”

Eye-Brawl replied, “But the Winter Tundra was well protected by Doom Stone and his team.”

Trail Blazer nodded, “I know, but these attacks would be so often...unless another crystal exists in Skylands - being used by Malefor.”

Ember looked at the scepter and then back at Trail Blazer, “So you’re saying is that all those times when the scepter closed the portals is because the jewel is a special type of gem?”

The unicorn nodded. “It is unique how the scepter reacts to portals.”

Ember realized, “I always believed that the Bloodstone Scepter was the symbol of the Dragon Lord’s power. An unbreakable gemstone that not even the largest and strongest dragon jaws could break. But now - It’s a key to close these portals which prevents any of those things from coming through.”

Ember looked, not at the scepter - but at the Rift Gauntlet strapped to her wrist and asked Spike,

“Listen Spike, I need to know what it means to be a Supercharger. If I was chosen to protect my home, I need to know what it means to be a Supercharger.”

The Purple Dragon remembered his trip to the alternate future, “I’m may not be a Supercharger, but I’ve seen what they do when I traveled to the alternate future. But I will tell you this - Superchargers are trained to pilot the most powerful vehicles in Skylands. The Rift Engines, like the one you found powers up the vehicle, giving it the ability to tunnel into other areas. The Rift Engine also enhances your abilities, your strength, speed and intellect giving you the knowledge to upgrade your vehicle.”

The Dragon Lord-To-Be realized, “I’m supposed to have a vehicle as a Supercharger?”

The Purple Dragon nodded, “But the vehicle comes later, right now we need to get to Griffonstone and request their help for this war. But that will wait until morning…” He looked up at the moon again as Trail Blazer noticed,

“You’re hoping that Rarity is looking at that same moon?”

Spike nodded, “Rarity may be a sophisticated mare, she would even want to get her beauty sleep - but…”

The Fire Unicorn spoke, “It’s hard being away from friends back home - even lovers at most.”

Aku-Aku mentioned, “I did remember on Crash’s first adventure when he would look up at the moon at night hoping for his girlfriend, Tawna to be looking at that same moon.” The bandicoot spoke in his usual gibberish that could only be translated by the tribal mask as he said to the bandicoot, “I know that was a long time ago, Crash. But it’s never bad to look back at the past to see how far you progressed.”

The six members of the team talked for a while until everyone was about to sleep. At that time, Ember was in the process of bathing in the lake which almost reminded her of the hot springs on the outskirts. She would sometimes sneak away and just relax there for an hour or two. She soon had a bizarre feeling that she was being watched, that feeling in the back of her head of sensing that someone was behind her. She soon turned around and saw that she was right when she saw Trail Blazer and Eye-Brawl sitting on the lake shore. She asked,

“What are you guys doing down here?!”

Trail Blazer replied, “We’re just enjoying the view…” He realized that he said it wrong as he quickly added, “of the lake. You know it would be strange if we were watching you.”

Ember crossed her arms, “Uh-huh.”

Eye-Brawl asked, “Bathing in the lake I see?” The dragoness replied, “Yes and it’s nothing like the hot springs back home.”

Trail Blazer asked, “You homesick?” Ember replied to the unicorn as she waded towards the shore, “I am, but at least my dad finally saw that I’m more than just some little princess.”

The unicorn stated, “The fact that your dad didn’t allow you to show your true potential is kind of unfair if you ask me.”

Ember nodded, “When it came to you guys, you take on something bigger than you and take it down with ease.”

Eye-Brawl mentioned, “With the exception of the Titans.”

Ember asked in confusion, “The Titans?” The Undead Giant described them, “Titanic monsters that rule over the Monstrous Isles. The local trolls worship those monsters to the death, although it’s not surprising since the only way to bring down a Titan is to get up to their size and take them down.”

Ember noticed, “They sound like large monsters that you would like to avoid fighting.”

Trail Blazer added, “Eye-Brawl saw those titans and believe me, he saw how huge they were.”

The giant was about to say something until he saw something glow in the lake. Ignoring his friends, he got up and walked into the lake as the eye disappeared into the water.


Eye-Brawl was underwater, walking towards the light source as he was curious about it. The giant used the bat wings to swiftly move himself through the water as he drew closer and closer to the light source. As he made it over an underwater hill, he got a more clearer view of the light source as he realized,

“The Whirlpool of Destiny? Here this deep in the lake?”

He heard stories about the whirlpool back home and how it exists in the deepest parts of the oceans of Skylands. How a legendary whirlpool like that ended up in Equestria is beyond the giant’s comprehension. He looked at the whirlpool in curiosity until he noticed something exit the whirlpool and land at a safe distance from it before the funnel dissipates before his eye, Now focused on what shot out of the whirlpool, Eye-Brawl swam to the impact site where he spotted a small submarine and a round shaped diving suit with a torpedo launcher. It was in a statue-like state, lying face down in the muddy soil of the lake bed as Eye-Brawl reached to pick up both the diver and sub.

As he picked up the diver, the giant couldn’t help but sense a familiar aura in the statue. His sense of familiarity was figured out when he turned the statue on it’s back, revealing a green eyeball inside the suit. He said in shock,

“Dive-Clops?”

As soon as he said it, the statue started to glow as he released it and stepped back slowly as the light began to shine brighter. He turned away as the light reached its peak before a shock wave hit the giant. But he kept his armored legs firmly on the lake’s muddy ground as he turned back towards where Dive-Clops’ statue was until he saw Dive-Clops himself on his knees, trying to support himself until the eyeball in the diving suit noticed the giant as he recognized the blue coloring on the iris of the giant as he asked in shock,

“E...Eye-Brawl? Is that you?”

Eye-Brawl approached Dive-Clops as he nodded, “It is me, brother.” The green eyeball noticed, “You look a lot...bigger.”

Eye-Brawl replied, “The headless body and I agreed to work as one. When I dismount the body, he would follow me and punch anything that I pass by.”

Dive-Clops was amazed seeing that his brother gained a partner and a body. Eye-Brawl directed back towards the way he came, “We should head back to the surface. I have some friends that would want to meet you,”

Dive-Clops nodded as he looked around and asked, “Before we go, have you seen my sub, the Dive-Bomber?”

Eye-Brawl opened his right hand and showed his brother the sub that was with him, “Is this the Dive Bomber?”

Dive-Clops replied as he took the small-scale sub in his gauntlet, “This is it, brother. The Dive Bomber, my personal vehicle when I need to traverse the oceans faster. The small-scale form is when I’m on land and not near water.”

The giant nodded as the brothers made their way back to the surface where Trail Blazer and Ember were waiting for them.

As soon as Eye-Brawl breached the surface, Trail Blazer went up to the edge of the shore and asked the giant,

“Eye-Brawl, what was the shockwave that hit us earlier?” Obviously he was asking about the shockwave that occurred after the awakening event as the giant replied,

“I finally found someone who I thought that I lost.”

Ember asked, “And who did you find which made it important to just head into the lake?” Soon enough, a voice unfamiliar to the two spoke, “That would be me.”

The unicorn and dragoness directed their attention to thee source of that voice as the giant stepped to the side as Dive-Clops approached from behind. Trail Blazer asked, “Wait, who are you?”

The eyeball in the diving suit stated, “I am Dive-Clops, Eye-Brawl found me frozen at the bottom of the lake along with my submarine, the Dive Bomber.”

Ember asked the giant, “Is he a friend of yours?”

Eye-Brawl asked, “Remember the story I told you about my lost brother?”

The dragoness replied, “You did explain about your brother...but what does the newcomer have anything?”

Dive-Clops had a devious voice as he said, “I forgot to mention one thing…” He paused for a moment as the two companions looked in confusion as the eyeball in the diving suit revealed, “I am actually his twin brother.”

“Are you joking?!” That was said by Spike who was hovering in the air as the four noticed him. The Purple Dragon asked,

“This is the twin brother that you told us about in your story?!”

Eye-Brawl answered, “He is…” The giant soon felt his brother’s hand on his hip as Dive-Clops looked up at his twin, “I thought I would never see you again, Eye-Brawl.”

Eye-Brawl replied, “Neither did I, brother.” Dive-Clops soon did something that Eye-Brawl never expected, he raised a lower eyelid in a look saying that he was happy. Eye-Brawl asked in shock,

“Brother, you can blink?” Dive-Clops blinked a couple of times as he said, “It’s the suit that gave me the ability to blink.”

Spike lowered himself down to the shore as he inspected the Dive-Clops’ suit as he asked, “How did you get the suit?”

Dive-Clops looked at the hands and the boots of his suit before turning to the purple dragon and stated,

“After I fell into the ocean, I spent most of my time rolling on the ocean floor. I was wondering if I would keep rolling on and never be able to see my brother ever again...the thought of it really devastated me. It wasn’t until I was found by the Jelly Dwarves, a race of underwater creatures who saw me as quite unusual, being an eyeball and all. They took me back to the coral castle and they built me this suit to explore the ocean depths and with their help, they helped me build the Dive Bomber. I don’t usually use the sub very often.”

He held the small sub in his left gauntlet as he continued, “The Jelly Dwarves used a spell to shrink the sub to a small-scale version of the sub when not in use.”

Eye-Brawl asked, “I saw you emerge from the Whirlpool of Destiny.”

Dive-Clops finished, “I accidentally explored too close the whirlpool and I was frozen for a long time.”

After Eye-Brawl heard his brother’s story on how he got the suit, he couldn’t believe how far apart they became as his brother soon asked,

“So you haven’t introduced me to your friends yet, Eye-Brawl.” The giant realized this as he pointed to his friends starting with Spike, continuing on to Ember, Trail Blazer, Crash and Aku-Aku who overheard the commotion on the lake shore. Dive-Clops was also told of the world that he arrived in, the inhabitants and their mission. The eyeball in the diving suit spoke,

“If Malefor wants to make his move on this world, then we can’t allow him to succeed.”

Spike, knowing that Eye-Brawl’s twin brother will join them, “Welcome to the Fellowship, Dive-Clops. We were on our way to Griffonstone when we decided to stop for the night.” He pointed to the camp, “Our camp is just on the hill overlooking the lake. But if you two want to catch up, you'll know where to go once you are done.” With that being said, the team soon went up to camp, leaving the brothers on the lake shore as they stared at each other.

Eye-Brawl couldn’t believe that he was reunited with his brother again, after all this time. He remembered all the times they had until Dive-Clops lost his wings and Eye-Brawl wasn't fast enough. It was losing Dive-Clops which caused Eye-Brawl to battle the headless giant in the first place. The brothers had spent years apart from each other and both were sad of never seeing each other again. Until tonight, they reunited once more as Eye-Brawl said,

“You don’t know how happy I am to see you again, Dive-Clops.”

Dive-Clops nodded, “The feeling is mutual, brother.” He soon said, “After we were separated, I didn’t know where else to go besides rolling on the ocean floor. I was originally a born flyer, but I lost my wings to those pirates.”

Eye-Brawl pointed out, “You may have lost your wings, but you gained the ground in the process.” He placed his hand on his brother’s shoulder as he asked, “Remember that promise I made all those years ago?”

Dive-Clops remembered, “That you will not let anything happen to me.”
Eye-Brawl nodded, “This time we will never get separated from each other again.”
Dive-Clops pointed out, “Don’t make a promise to your brother if you can’t keep it.”
Eye-Brawl nodded, “We will not lose one another ever again, Dive-Clops.”
Dive-Clops gave his equivalent of an assuring smile as he said, “It’s a promise, Brother.”

Soon enough, Eye-Brawl pulled his long-lost twin brother into a hug as Dive-Clops closed his eye in joy knowing that after so many years of isolation at the bottom of the ocean and in the whirlpool, Eye-Brawl and Dive-Clops are finally reunited once more.


Back in the Stoneshrine Islands, Blackout and his friends have been doing some work around the islands in restoring the mabu into waking up. Each area they went to, they captured a nightmare villain and sent him to a bootcamp to recover those Gem Keys in order to open the next door in the archives as the four dragons made their way to their main objective - The Stoneshrine Islands’ Temple of Waking in order to lift the Dream Sheep’s Sleep Spell.

After capturing Birdo Chesterfield and Baron Von Smashbeak, the four dragons have made their way to the entrance of the temple. Blackout spoke,

“We got to ring the bell and lift this curse on the islands.”

Blades noted, “But, you know that the Dream Sheep would be there to stop us.”

Blackout nodded, “He’s overconfident in his nature, he always tries to get ahead of his opponents.”

The four dragons entered the temple and jumped into what looked like a battle arena for a usual boss battle. In the center of the arena stood a large dragon with a dog-like feature as the rider was a familiar sheep as he looked at the four dragons that approached him and sarcastically asked,

“Well well, what have we here?”

The Sleep Dragon answered, “Um...I think those are Skylanders.” The Dream Sheep angrily said. “I can see that those are Skylanders, you dim-witted dinosaur!” He looked at Blackout, “And what a pleasant surprise to see you again, Blackout.”

Blackout replied, “Not much of a pleasant surprise to see you again. Despite the fleas in your wool that come back every time you are defeated.”

The sheep yelled, “I don’t have fleas in my wool!” He soon decided, “But so, Blackout, I suspect that you and your friends are here in a futile attempt to try and lift my sleep spell… Heheh…”

Blackout shook his head, “Not try to lift your spell...We WILL lift your spell!”

The Sheep spat, “Well that’s not going to happen!” The Sheep described his plan, “You see, like me, THE DREAM SHEEP, my plan is utterly flawless. Poetry in motion. A thing of beauty.”

Spotlight stepped in, “Yeah, I’ve seen much more things of beauty than your plan.”

The Sheep sneered, “You haven’t seen anything like mine, Spotlight! And I’m not about to let such hideous creatures like you dragons to ruin it! Understand?”

The Sleep Dragon spoke,”Oh I dunno… I like the Skylanders. I think they look awesome!”

Blades spoke, “We’re also sharp.” Echo screeched, “And Noisy!”

The Dream Sheep argued with the Sleep Dragon, “AWESOME?! Do you even know what that word means? You know what? Never mind. I’ll deal with you later.” He turned to the four dragons, “Right after I send these four packing!”

The Dream Sheep stated as the four dragons got into battle position, “Now, Spotlight, Blackout and their friends, prepare to be bested like you’ve never been bested before! And when you run from here in utter defeat,then and only then will you realize how absolutely powerless you are to stop me!”

Blackout yelled, “Don’t count the many bags of wool you have before you drop them, Ba Ba Black Sheep!”

Spotlight joined in, “We’ve defeated you before and we will do it again!”

Blades stated, “And we’re not powerless, a special friend of ours is watching over us.”

Echo added, “And believe me, you wouldn’t like to get her mad!”

The Dream Sheep laughed as he ordered the Sleep Dragon to attack as he yelled, “TAIL SLAM!!”

The Sleep Dragon slammed his tail at the four dragons as the quartet scattered across the arena, trying to attack the Dream Sheep, only for their attacks to be blocked by a barrier. Blades said,

“We can’t hurt him if he’s behind that shield! We need a way to knock him off that dragon.”

Echo asked as she dodged another tail slam attack from the Sleep Dragon, “Any ideas?!”

Blackout noticed a spiked ball on the dragon’s tail and said, “That ball on his tail. It’s infused with sleep magic, if we can use it against him, the dragon will fall asleep and the sheep would be thrown from his back! He would be vulnerable!”

Echo asked, “How!?” Blackout was going to answer until the Dream Sheep yelled, “DRAGON SQUASH!!”

The Sleep Dragon flew up into the air and slammed down onto the arena as it let out a shockwave that nearly blew the four off of the arena, But the four dragons stood strong against the Dream Sheep and his reptilian pet as the sheep yelled,

“SPIN THAT TAIL!!” The Sleep Dragon soon started to spin his tail around the arena as the four jumped over the tail. The Dream Sheep knew that it didn’t work as he soon set his sights on Blackout as he ordered the Sleep Dragon,

“SUPER SLAM THAT DRAGON - THE BLACK ONE!” The Sleep Dragon twirled its tail and slammed it down on Blackout. But the Dark Dragon used his black holes to teleport away before impact could occur. Spotlight, knowing that her friend managed to avoid it looked at the Sleep Dragon and noticed that it was struggling to get its tail out as she told the others,

“His tail is stuck! Now’s our chance!” At the moment, all four dragons attacked the Sleep Dragon’s tail as it’s ball portion broke off of it as the dragon yelped in shock as he soon began to lick his tail. The Dream Sheep yelled,

“Are you just trying to disappoint me?!” The Sleep Dragon was too distracted by his tail to heed to his master’s demands as Blackout flung the ball at the Sleep Dragon as he fell asleep, flinging the Dream Sheep onto the path, vulnerable to be attacked. As the Dream Sheep was trying to wake his dragon up, Echo and Blades were pounding him with several attacks varying from wing spike attacks to a siren screech attack which caused the Dream Sheep to scream as he tried to cover his ears to block off Echo’s voice,

“WILL SOMEBODY TURN HER OFF!!”

Blades attacked by using a cyclone swirl and shooting his wing spike into it as the blades hit the sheep as he tried so desperately to wake the Sleep Dragon and block out Echo’s voice all while being attacked by the two.

Eventually, the Sleep Dragon finally woke up as the Dream Sheep got onto his back and began to command his dragon once again as he yelled,

“SLAM THEM RIGHT ON THE HEAD!” The Sleep Dragon did a tail slam in an attempt to defeat the four dragons. But again, they dodged it as the sheep ordered the dragon,

“SQUASH THEM FAIR AND SQUARE!” They took off briefly and dropped back down to the ground to perform a shockwave attack. But this time, the four dragons were ready as they jumped over the shockwave as the Dream Sheep ordered,

“WHAT ARE YOU DOING? SPIN!!” The Sleep Dragon spun his tail and yet they avoided it once again as the Dream Sheep turned his attention towards Echo,

“MEGA SLAM THAT WATER DRAGON! THE ONE THAT CAUSES ALL OF THAT NOISE!”

The Sleep Dragon attempted a super slam on Echo, only for the dragoness to avoid it with ease as the Sleep Dragon’s tail became lodged into the ground again. This time, Blades and Echo attacked the tail, breaking off the ball portion and flinging it back to the Sleep Dragon, knocking him out and flinging the Dream Sheep off of his back and near Spotlight and Blackout.

He screamed as the Light and Dark Dragons swiped their claws, beams and wings at him as he tried to wake the Sleep Dragon as he yelled,

“WAKE UP! I’ll give you BACON…” The mention of bacon caused the Sleep Dragon to jolt himself awake as the Dream Sheep got back onto the dragon’s back as they took off. The sheep ordered,

“MINIONS! FORWARD!!” Soon enough, the Dream Sheep’s evil minions arrived to aid their master as they attempted to attack the four dragons. But in retrospect, the minions were easily dealt with by the Skylanders. And seeing his minions being defeated by the four dragon Skylanders caused the Dream Sheep and the Sleep Dragon to drop back into the ring as the sheep yelled,

“SQUASH THEM FAIR AND SQUARE!!”

The Sleep Dragon did a shockwave attack on the four as the dragons jumped over the shockwave once again. The Dream Sheep ordered the Sleep Dragon to do a tail slam in which all four have dodged which made the sheep order the dragon to do another shockwave attack, but this time he was doubling the efforts to try and stop the four dragons as they jumped over the shockwaves yet again as Blackout spoke,

“Your slave’s attacks are one-dimensional, Dream Sheep. You’re too predictable…”

The sheep yelled, “You haven’t seen predictable just yet, Blackout!” The sheep eyed Spotlight as he smiled, “But how would you like it if I picked on your girlfriend instead!”

Spotlight noticed, “Try it and you will be blinded while your wool gets shaved off!”

The Dream Sheep laughed, “That’s why I like you, Spotlight. You are much more threatening when angry. No wonder you two were always together.”

Blackout stood by Spotlight’s side, “You haven’t seen what we could accomplish together.”

The Dream Sheep yelled, “Well accomplish THIS!” He ordered the Sleep Dragon, “MEGA SLAM THAT COUPLE!”

The Sleep Dragon complied as he did a Mega Slam on the two, but the Light and Dark Dragon dodged it as Echo and Blades attacked the ball on the larger dragon’s tail, breaking it off and tossing it at him. The Sleep Dragon was knocked out once more as the Dream Sheep was flung from the dragon and landed in front of the duo of Light and Dark as he yelled,

“WAKE UP! WAKE UP!” The Sleep Dragon didn’t budge as Spotlight and Blackout began to glow as their powers began to build up to the moment that they rose up and held their wings in a closed position as their core powers reached their peak as they simultaneously said,

“FURY OF THE LIGHT AND DARK!!” The duo had opened their wings as a massive shockwave occurred as the combined powers of both elements hit the Dream Sheep. It jolted the Sleep Dragon back up as the sheep climbed onto the larger dragon’s back as the shockwaves dissipated.

The Dream Sheep basically had enough as he said, “ARRGH...Enough of this! This petty fighting isn’t worth my attention. But I warn you, Spotlight and Blackout: this is far from over!” He told the Sleep Dragon, “Come! We’re leaving!”

The Sleep Dragon asked, “Aw, but I thought we were having fun. Especially with that light show that they put on.” The Dream Sheep retorted, “Well you were wrong. WRONG I say! Now FLY!!”

The Dream Sheep and his dragon escaped as the grate they were standing on had opened. Rising from the lava surrounding the arena was what the four dragons have been looking for - The Bell of Waking. Blades and Echo approached Spotlight and Blackout as Blades asked,

“Was...was that a Fury Wave!?” Blackout nodded, “Just something that occurs when we are side-by-side. But yes, that was a Fury Wave.”

Echo was impressed, “None of my soundwaves could pull off that feat.”

Spotlight nodded, “We did learn this due to all the times we spent together.” Blackout soon noticed the bell, “Anyway we made it to the bell, one ring and the Stoneshrine Islands will wake up.”

Blackout approached the bell, curled up into his spiked ball form and threw himself at the bell as he bounced off of it as it rang after he impacted the bell. After that, the four saw several rings of light that radiated off of the bell. The four knew that the first bell is already waking up the mabu that were affected by the sleep curse. The four dragons cheered knowing that one of the bells is rung and only two more remain.


Meanwhile outside of the temple, circling the islands was the Dream Sheep and his dragon as the sheep looked in anger as the bell’s power was radiating from the island. The Sleep Dragon was amused by the energy,

“Whoa, look at the pretty lights.” Soon enough, he fell asleep in mid-air as the dragon and sheep dropped like a stone for a few seconds until the sheep woke him up as the angry sheep said,

“Just keep flying you lombardic lizard. Blackout and his friends may have rung that accursed bell in the first Tower of Waking…” The Dream Sheep had a sinister grin on his face, “But if I know Blackout, he would know that they are not done. But if that gargoyle-like dragon thinks that he and his friends have beaten me so easily like last time, he is sorely mistaken. HAHAHAHAHAHA!”

The Dream Sheep and the Sleep Dragon flew back to their hideout as he prepared for his next training session with the Nightmare Villains and be prepared if the four dragons make their next move for the next bell.

Author's Note:

The first bell has rung and the Dream Sheep is angry about it. Blackout and his friends now have to locate the other two bells and ring them in order to fully lift the curse. Meanwhile Eye-Brawl has finally reunited with his twin brother, Dive-Clops.

PreviousChapters Next