• Published 14th Aug 2013
  • 11,116 Views, 361 Comments

Skylanders X MLP - Skylander545



After Kaos destroys the Core of Light, the Skylanders were not banished to Earth, but they were sent to Equestria on an entirely new mission. The Mane 6 will join forces with the Skylanders.

  • ...
23
 361
 11,116

PreviousChapters Next
A Cortex Arrival

In the weeks since the end of the Traptanium War, life in Ponyville has been different for the ponies and Skylanders alike. The recently-built Cloudcracker Base has been the Trap Team’s main base of operations in the village. The base was always studied by Twilight and her Alicorn Twin because of the incredible ingenuity that Traptanium has used for its construction. Ever since EQG Spike activated the gauntlet, the Trap Team itself has changed as well...specifically the leadership. Instead of Snap Shot being the leader, he was a second-in-command of the Trap Team while EQG Spike became the new leader. But with EQG Spike and Echo Squadron away for vacation, Snap Shot was running the place until he gets back.

Snap Shot was currently in the library of the base with the two Twilights as he was reading a book called, ‘History of the Trap Team vol.1: The Inner Council’ which explains how the original leadership of the Trap Team worked. He came across an image that showed Drago when he was a cheetah, a female cheetah wearing a Traptanium ring, a female fire elf with a phoenix attire and a Traptanium necklace, a female faun with a Traptanium bracelet and a crocogator with a Traptanium bow. Snap Shot realized,

“I was once a member of the Inner Council...I didn’t even remember until now.”

Twilight asked, “How did you forgot that you were a member of the Council?”

Snap Shot replied as it all came back to him, “When Drago and the other members died in the war, I was the last of the Council. So until the destruction of Cloudcracker Prison, I had plans to rebuild the Inner Council, I just never went through with it. When the old base was destroyed, my memories of the Council just...erased. Until I interacted with the shards in Drago’s tomb, the memories of our first meeting, us forming the Trap Team and Inner Council all came back to me.”

Ali looked over the information and hypothesized, “Perhaps Drago knew that you would lose your memories of the old Trap Team and merged his memories with the Traptanium in his tomb so you and the others would find it and remember a time that you fought at his side.”

Snap Shot knew Drago from when they fought together on Skabb’s ship and arena. They escaped from the ship along with the other members and formed the Trap Team, built Cloudcracker Prison and were elite members of the Warfang Army. It was because of the Trap Team which caused the Doom Raiders to be captured and imprisoned. They almost turned the tide of the war for the alliance until Kaos and the apes blew up the prison and hurled the Trap Team into Equestria. The memories of his time with his best friend faded from his mind when he was flung into Equestria.

It was kind of a coincidence that Drago’s tomb was found underneath the Skylander Academy. Snap Shot remembered the first time that he placed his claw on the traptanium in the tomb,

“It was like I was in a dream, but I wasn’t myself. The other Trap Masters and I were looking through Drago’s life when he started the Trap Team. It was like that he knew that we would come…”

Twilight finished, “And in doing so, your memories of him were restored.”

The Trap Master nodded, “And now, I’m a member of the Inner Council that I planned to rebuild. And thanks to Spike’s human counterpart, the Inner Council of the Trap Team is on its way to being restored.”

Ali asked as she set down another book, “What about the other villains that we caught during the war?”

Snap Shot replied, “Master Eon has some sort of plan for the redeemed villains. He’s probably going to offer them a place within the ranks of the Skylanders.”

Twilight was cautious at first, but remembered, “Even the darkest of souls are worthy of redemption. The Princess taught us about it.” Her alicorn twin joined in, “It will be interesting to fight alongside them as allies than foes.”

Snap Shot smiled, “It’s good to know when to stop being evil and fight for good.” He looked at the sunlight shining through the window, “I hope this will help us in the coming war…”

The two Twilights noticed the Trap Master’s awareness of Sunset Shimmer’s warning about Malefor’s plans. They all know that Spike is out there in the open world, moving all over the planet seeking help for the coming war. The biggest transgression they got from Malefor was the Surprise Attack on the Dragon Lands. The devastating assault on the Equestria Dragon’s homeland was truly frightening for the inhabitants. The dragons were caught by surprise as the grublins came completely out of nowhere and began laying waste to volcanic region.

They knew for certain that Spike and Trail Blazer were there when that decisive battle started. Whirlwind’s report stated that Spike, Trail Blazer and Eye-Brawl had to traverse the Gauntlet of Fire to reach the Bloodstone Scepter and put a stop to the attack. The report mentioned that the trio was joined by Princess Ember, who was barred from participating for her small size. The draconic princess joined the trio in fighting off the grublins and retrieving the scepter from the grublins. They also discovered a Rift Engine in the Gauntlet and Ember became a Supercharger which enhanced her abilities. They were also assisted by an orange bandicoot named Crash, that came out of nowhere and finished the enemies off.

Spike, now earning the respect of the dragons including Dragon Lord Torch, chose the next Dragon Lord because his group all took hold of the scepter to close the portal that was letting the grublins into their world. He chose Ember to be the next Dragon Lord, but she wouldn’t take her father’s place until Malefor is defeated once and for all. Torch understood this as he knows that when the war ends, he would know who to pass his title on to.

As Snap Shot and the two Twilights were remembering their report, a loud voice from the other room yelled,

“ARE YOU KIDDING ME!?!” As they heard this, the trio ran from the library and into the base’s map room where Kaos was pacing around, reading the report of the Dragon Lands Attack. The look on the little guy’s face showed anger, shock and embarrassment as he noticed the trio,

“Have you read this report?” Snap Shot nodded, “Yes Kaos, we have.”

Kaos replied angrily, “Of course you do! And do you know why I am angry at this?” Twilight was going to respond...but Kaos cut her off,

“Don’t say it...I know you might know this - but I’ll say what I read…” He stated, “I am angry because that flea-bitten Dragon has used MY Doomlanders of ULTIMATE DOOM for his attack!”

Twilight nodded, “I know you’re angry about this, Kaos. But you need to calm down.”

Kaos shook his head, “How can I calm down, knowing that Malefor is using MY creations and using them as his Super-Soldiers!?”

Ali put a reassuring hoof on Kaos’ shoulder, much to his dismay and spoke, “Don’t worry, Kaos. Malefor will get what’s coming to him. When this war happens...you can take your anger out on him.”

Kaos realized, “You know, I’ve always hated and respected you guys...but now, I, KAOS!!!! Hate Malefor even more! You can count me in for supporting you with my awesome power!”

Snap Shot asked, “Can you tell us anything about these Doomlanders?”

Kaos replied, “Well, one of my many attempts of taking over Skylands was when I discovered the power of Mind Magic.”

Twilight asked, “Mind Magic?” Kaos replied, “It’s the magic residue from Spyro’s planetary fury wave. The wizards used this residue to rebuild the planet, mostly Avalar as much as they can. But anyway, I discovered this secret and planned to create an unstoppable army of Doomlanders to conquer Skylands.”

Ali asked, “I suppose something went wrong?”

Kaos face-palmed, “Everything goes wrong with my plans - since my first creation...was a clone of myself!”

Snap Shot asked, “You cloned yourself?” Kaos nodded, “He was only meant to be a demonstration to see if this Mind Magic worked...and it did. My clone possesses all the characteristics that I do, so I planned to send him out to battle you guys. But him, being me...also wanted ultimate victory for himself as well.”

Ali asked, “What happened to your clone?” The portal master replied, “I shoved his sorry butt into a cryotube and buried him in Summer Forest! Goodbye Clone Kaos and hello Doomlander Army! But unfortunately, they had a problem obeying me as well! But unlike my clone, I gave them a less harsh treatment, I put them in cryotubes and shipped them to the storage room of Skylander Academy.”

Twilight realized, “You abandoned your clone?!” Kaos defended his choice, “He wanted ultimate victory for himself, how could I control him if he’s me!?”

Snap Shot noticed, “One of you is enough, but another you is just asking for trouble.”

Kaos replied, “Especially if he cannot be controlled by me! That’s the reason I buried him in Summer Forest!”

Ali spoke, “But you could’ve thought of something else rather than burying him!”

Kaos asked the alicorn, “Do you really think that I could get along with someone that has the same mindset of world domination, same powers and same motives as me? Especially if he pushes me aside for his own victory?” The alicorn realized that the strained relationship between Kaos and his clone was different than her relationship with Twilight.

When she first came to be, Twilight treated her as a twin sister. The alicorn became Twilight’s protegee to teach her on how to control her powers and use them for combat and everyday work. Her crash course into combat was the Battle of the Crystal Empire, she still remembers that devastating battle. After the battle, Twilight now looks to Ali like a twin sister if not similar style, looks and has wings sort of sister. When the construction of Skytropolis was underway, Ali stepped forward to lead the Variant World alongside her husband, Punch Pop Fizz.

Kaos on the other hoof, is a dark Portal Master with a desire for domination and tries several times to take over Skylands. He creates a clone of himself with the power of Mind Magic and tries to send him out to take on the Skylanders, only he refused and wanted to have the ultimate victory for himself. He didn’t acknowledge Kaos as his master, he only saw him as a roadblock in his way. This caused Kaos to put him in a cryotube and bury him in Summer Forest. But before they could delve any further about Kaos and his clone, a surprised cry was heard outside the base, followed by a crashing sound.

After hearing it, Snap Shot, the two Twilights and Kaos left the base to find out what went on outside.


When they were outside of the base, they saw a trail of dirt that looked like someone dug a trail or something landed and skidded to a stop, leaving said trail. The trail didn’t go too far as they saw the end of it as a strange figure got up looking all dazed. He was a human for sure, but his skin was light tan, big head, black hair on the side of his head with a small patch of hair on top. The figure was wearing what looked like a lab coat, yellow gloves and black boots, giving the impression that he’s a scientist. The figure turned to the group as he was still dazed from landing. He had a black goatee and a large capital ‘N’ printed in black on his large forehead as he said,

“Oh I hate Bandicoots.” He soon shakes off his dazed state as he finally sees the four in front of him as he studied each of them starting with Snap Shot,

“Now what have we here? Some sentient crocogator? Not one of my creations I assume…” He studied the two Twilights, “Now this is amusing, twin miniature horses and both are a mythological creature? Fancy that...now why is one an alicorn and the other is a unicorn? Well, my guess is any and I’m a scientist.” He studied Kaos, “Now let’s see about you...evil, short-tempered and always ranting about world domination...I get tired of studying those that have that mindset very often.”

Kaos was intimidated, “And how do you know about me?!” The man shrugged, “I’m an Evil Scientist, what were you expecting?”

Kaos yelled, “Well I am a Portal Master and you are not.” With a smile on his face, the scientist pulled out a ray gun and fired on Kaos as the little guy froze up and fell to the ground with a funny look on his face. This shocked the others as they stood back from the scientist he put his ray gun away.

Twilight asked, “Who are you?”

The scientist introduced himself, “I am Dr. Neo Periwinkle Cortex, Evil Scientist and creator of many animals that walk on two legs...I won’t say whom. But now I’ve made my introductions...who are all of you?”

Twilight introduced herself, “I’m Twilight Sparkle, I was once a student to Princess Celestia, the ruler of Equestria. I’m now an observer for the recently built Cloudcracker Base,the structure that you see behind us and occasional scholar...I also run a library not far from here.” She pointed to her alicorn twin, “This is my sister, Alicorn Twilight, but I call her ‘Ali’ for short. She’s...my student when teaching her on controlling her powers. She rules a neighboring world where different versions of more unique ponies or creatures roam around.”

Ali nodded with a slight ease, “It’s nice to make your acquaintance, Doctor.”

Twilight soon pointed to Snap Shot, “That’s Snap Shot of the Trap Team of Cloudcracker Base. He’s a member on the Trap Team’s leadership and runs the day-to-day operations of the base.”

Snap Shot spoke, “You’re welcome here, but don’t cause any trouble.”

Dr. Cortex asked, “And the guy that I stunned?” Snap Shot spoke, “That’s Kaos, he’s a dark Portal Master and kind of a pushover if you ask me. He tried to take over our world known as Skylands, countless of times and failed because of his predictable strategy.”

Cortex chuckled, “For someone like him to try and take over the world with an I.Q. that’s second only to mine. He’s just too predictable, because I already have a claim on taking over the world. And if anyone is taking over the world, it would be me! And not even a stupid orange bandicoot can do nothing about it! MUAHAHAHAHAHA!!!”

The trio would’ve reacted to Cortex’s evil laugh until the scientist realized, “I guess I did my laugh too soon…”

Snap Shot nodded, “And I advise that you don’t, there’s just too much going on already.”
Twilight asked, “You mentioned bandicoots in your speech?”

Cortex nodded, “Why yes, it was my vision to create sentient anthropomorphic animals and send them into my Cortex Vortex so they could obey my command and lead my army to conquer the world. I used a bandicoot to lead my armies...but when I sent him into the vortex, it failed and he escaped! But soon, he came back to rescue his girlfriend and I was defeated by that wretched bandicoot!”

Ali cautiously asked, “What did this bandicoot look like?”

Cortex described his most hated enemy, “He’s idiotic, orange fur, red sneakers, a 24/7 grin, finger-less gloves and blue denim jeans. Is there anything else you like to add?”

Twilight asked, “What’s his name?” Cortex sneered, “Crash...Crash Bandicoot!”

Snap Shot looked at the two Twilights as they motioned to the base as Snap Shot asked, “Um...Cortex, you might want to step into the base...there’s something that we want to tell you.”

Cortex accepted and followed the trio into the base while dragging the unconscious Kaos in the process. The trio were at the library section of the base as they pulled out the report from the Dragon Lands Attack and pulled out a photo as Twilight held the photo in her magic, she looked at the scientist and asked,

“You said that his name is Crash?”

Cortex nodded, “Yes and I need to ask why have you led me into this base?”

Snap Shot spoke, “Well Cortex, a few weeks ago, there was an attack on the Dragon Lands. And a certain bandicoot was part of the team that was protecting the Dragon Lands from the attackers.”

Cortex asked, “Are you saying?” Twilight showed the picture of the five heroes of the Dragon Lands which had Spike in the center, Trail Blazer on the left, Princess Ember on the right, Eye-Brawl on the far left and Crash Bandicoot with Aku-Aku on the far right. The sight of Crash caused Cortex to stomp his feet,

“That Wretched Bandicoot is here as well!? Everytime I try to rule the world, he always ruins it...HE NEVER LETS ME WIN FOR ONCE!” His ranting was stopped when Snap Shot smacked him in the face to calm him down. Cortex replied,

“Okay, I needed that…” He pointed to the bandicoot in the picture, “But I can’t believe he is here!”

Ali spoke, “Keep in mind, our world, Equis is going to be on the brink of war with a dark foe that wishes nothing but death and destruction. That purple dragon in the picture is out there right now requesting help from anyone that recognizes the threat. Crash Bandicoot, your archenemy is going to help us in getting help from the other places around our planet.”

Cortex asked, “What does this dark foe look like or what is he?”

Snap Shot spoke, “His name is Malefor, he’s the first Purple Dragon of the dragon species. He also uses his powers for indescribable evil. He’s powerful, manipulative and uses dark magic for his abilities. He also has an army at his disposal, it is comprised entirely of Grublins, creatures made from moss, bone and any other material. His followers are relentless and nearly unstoppable.”

Cortex was reluctant in accepting that a Dark Dragon is planning to wage war on this planet. Cortex, being an evil doer himself realized that he was being upstarted by this dragon. He was already upstarted once before by an alien who was challenging him and Crash to a race for the world, but the alien had no chance against Crash. He heard Twilight ask,

“So Dr. Cortex, are you going to help us in preparing for this war or are you against us?”

Cortex replied, “I may be an Evil Scientist, but Crash and I did team up once for defeating a bunch of cross-dimensional twins.”

Ali asked, “So you will join us?”

Cortex replied, “I couldn’t just stand around and watch another world get demolished. But first I need to know where I am first. This planet in general.”

The trio soon told the scientist about where he landed, the history of Equestria before first contact with the Skylanders. Then came the history that occurred after they encountered the Skylanders and how everything came to conflict in Skylands, discovering a Skylands Artifact in a temple in Equestria, the events that followed the Traptanium War and the establishment of the Trap Team’s base in the village of Ponyville. Cortex was intrigued by all of this, especially the part about the Royal Sisters. He asked,

“So your Princesses control the sun and the moon to control day and night?”

Twilight replied, “They usually speak of it as keeping a celestial balance to the planet.”

Cortex, being the scientist replied, “So they represent your planet’s rotation in keeping up with day and night.”

“That is a very scientific way of representing our roles, Doctor.” Said a familiar voice, familiar to the trio, but not to Cortex as he turned and saw a tall white alicorn mare with a multi-colored mane and tail. She was adorned in jewelry, crown included as she had an assuring smile on her muzzle as she looked at Cortex. The scientist actually knelt down,

“Oh, you must be Princess Celestia...I must say it’s…”

Celestia shook her head, “There is no need for introductions, Doctor Cortex. Twilight and her sister already told me about you.”

Cortex asked as he turned to the two Twilights, “How did she know?”

Twilight twiddled her hooves, “We kind of sent her a message about you during our conversation. I’m sorry if we didn’t tell you sooner.”

Cortex was going to react, but not in front of somepony of great importance. Celestia spoke as she looked him over,

“You have picked a bad time to land here in Equestria, Cortex. We are already trying to build up an army as it is.”

Cortex remembered, “Evil Dragon threatening to take over the planet. I was told about it from these three.”

Celestia nodded, “But after she sent me that message which described you, I decided to see you for myself in hopes to...recruit you.”

Cortex asked in shock, “What! I’m an Evil Scientist not a soldier! Why?!”

Celestia chuckled, “You are not just a scientist, Cortex. You and Crash Bandicoot fought each other for countless times when you tried to take over your world. You are smart, cunning and best at what you do. But will you use your skills and your intellect for good instead of evil?”

Cortex folded his arms, “I’ve already accepted to help you. What else is there?”

Snap Shot realized what she was going to talk about, “Wait, your highness...you don’t mean?”

The Sun Goddess smiled, “Yes, Snap Shot.” She looked at Cortex, “Dr. Neo Cortex, I wish to recruit you for the Sensei Initiative if you accept my offer.”

Cortex knowing that he agreed to help them in preparing for this war, accepted, “Well Princess, The Doctor is In!”

Celestia nodded, “Well Cortex, Welcome to the Senseis when we are done here, you will meet the other candidates for the program.”

Cortex asked, “But what is the Sensei Initiative?”

Celestia replied, “I only know half of the details but, it's a program of using the power of the new Mind Magic to create a new team of Skylanders. Portal Master Eon has all of the remaining details regarding the program.”

Cortex asked as he looked at the trio and back to the princess, “Umm...when do we leave for your capital city?”

Celestia, knowing that this is Cortex’s first time in Ponyville replied, “You can stay as long as you want since the program isn’t ready yet. But final preparations will be finished in about a week or so.”

Cortex understood what it meant, “So I have a week to get to know everyone in this town. Well at least my minions won’t be here to ruin it for me.” He wanted to ask the Princess, “So is it true that your sister’s Guard Captain is actually a member of this Swap Force team?”

Celestia nodded, “Boom Jet has been by Luna’s side ever since she found him. She even promoted him as her Captain to keep her Lunar Guards in line.”

The scientist realized, “Swap Force, Lunar Guard Captain and bodyguard? How is he able to do that?”

Celestia replied, “Luna even kissed him to get him moving.” Cortex sniffed, “I smell chemistry!”

Twilight decided to zip Cortex’s mouth shut as she spoke, “You’re about as giddy as me.”

Celestia chuckled, “He even reminds me of both you and your sister as well.” She asked, “Is there any word on Spike and his companions?”

Twilight nodded, “He and his friends are traversing the fields of Eastern Equestria, heading for the Badlands.”

Celestia was worried, “It must be hard for them to traverse those desert regions.” The alicorn remained confident, “But Spike is a tough drake and his companions are powerful heroes.”

Cortex unzipped his mouth as he spoke, “Especially if one of them is a bandicoot...and a mask possessed by a witch doctor’s spirit.” Then he realized one thing as he asked the Sun Goddess, “If another mask comes here...asking about me, tell him I am…”

“IDIOT!!” Said a voice that was all too familiar to the scientist as he turned around slowly to see a floating tribal mask like Aku-Aku, but with a red aura around it. While Aku-Aku was benevolent, this one was evil...

The mask shouted at Cortex, “FOOL! NINCOMPOOP!! YOU HAVE FAILED ME FOR THE LAST TIME, CORTEX!!”

Cortex said in shock, “Mighty Uka-Uka!?” Just as Uka-Uka was about to attack, Celestia stepped in an erected a barrier around the mask as his energy bolt reflected off of it. The mask said in shock,

“What is this sorcery? Who dares trap the great Uka-Uka!?”

Celestia approached, “That would be me. I am Princess Celestia, co-ruler of Equestria and Goddess of the Sun. I suggest that you check your tone before attempting to do something drastic.”

Uka-Uka shouted, “How dare you order me around!” Celestia was not intimidated by this mask as she decided, “I think that can be arranged.” She used a Traptanium crystal to trap Uka-Uka as he yelled,

“No, It cannot be! Not a prisoner again!”

Celestia spoke, “This is Traptanium, Uka-Uka. You have a choice now. Stand with us or remain a prisoner once again. But I would recommend standing with us because an evil dragon is planning to take over our world and Cortex has agreed to help us along with your older twin brother, Aku-Aku.”

The crystal blinked as its occupant spoke, “WHAT!? That’s MY Job! You win, Princess! You have the support of the Great Uka-Uka!”

The alicorn released the tribal mask as he shook it off, “When I see that dragon, I WILL INFLICT A THOUSAND YEARS OF SUFFERING ON HIM!”

Celestia spoke, “You will have time for that later. Right now, my son is already gathering an army to help us.”

Cortex realized as he held the photo, “Wait, the Dragon in this picture...is your son?!”

Celestia nodded, “When Twilight hatched him, she ended my thousand years of sadness over losing Luna. I’ve long considered myself to be a cursed mare having lost everything important to me. But with Spike’s birth, it felt like his birth held everything that I ever dreamed of - To be a mother. Even though he was a dragon, I adopted him when he was an egg, kept him safe for five years. On the fifth year, when Twilight’s magic exam wasn’t going well...a Sonic Rainboom occurred. It kick-started her abilities and the egg hatched during the event...by the time I arrived, I managed to put everything back to normal and made Twilight my personal student. But as for the hatchling…” She began to tear up as Twilight approached, “I think that I should tell him the rest…”

Celestia smiled, “Tell the scientist what you saw.” The unicorn nodded, “Anyway, when I told her that I hatched the egg. She turned to the table and saw the baby dragon. I saw a look of shock on her face, the very sight of the newborn was too much for her to handle. The next thing I saw was the Princess shooting towards the newborn and taking him in her hooves as she embraced the dragon. I soon realized that she has been waiting five years for this to happen. I didn’t know about her being sad over losing her sister, but I did see tears of joy in her eyes as she held her newly-hatched son with the love and comfort that a mother possesses.”

Cortex was amused, “An alicorn raising a dragon? That’s something that’s out of the ordinary.” He looked at the photo again, “And I suppose that sometime later that he was meant for a greater purpose?”

Ali approached, “When Spike was older, the princess decided to have him live with Twilight as her assistant. But soon enough, there were signs that signaled that he was far more powerful than we ever imagined. But he didn’t obtain his form and his powers until the Arrival.”

Cortex remembered, “The night that signaled the arrival of the Skylanders?”

Twilight nodded, “Ali may not have existed when it happened, but we both have the same memories.”

Celestia spoke, “And it proves how much of a connection there is besides being different. Before Spike defeated Malefor and became the Hero of the Crystal Empire, I had usually kept him a secret for fear of him being seen as a weakness. But after the battle, I had to reveal Spike’s nobility.”

Uka-Uka spoke, “Yes, He has made plenty of enemies because of that.”

Ali commented, “One of his most dangerous enemies was that unicorn, Starlight Glimmer. She kidnapped the Skylander, Trail Blazer in an attempt to lure Spike to her village and turn him over to her way of thinking.”

Uka-Uka pieced it together, “And he foiled her plans?” Ali nodded as she recalled, “And I was there when he exposed her for a fraud in tricking ponies into having Equal Cutie Marks.”

The mask laughed, “What an amateur! I could’ve done better than that pathetic excuse of a villain!”

Cortex asked, “Uka-Uka, We are now being the heroes of this world. You know?”

Uka-Uka replied, “OF COURSE I KNOW THAT!”

Twilight asked, “So how did you get into Equestria in the first place?”

Cortex realized, “Oh yes, well in my world, I live on Wumpa Island, otherwise known as N.Sanity Island. I was planning to unleash my biggest creation yet, the ‘Cortex Matrix Chamber’ and it was at that exact moment of the Great Synchronization Celebration when all worlds align in perfect harmony once every twenty years! I was going to use it to create an army of unstoppable loyal minions...but of course it backfired!”

Ali asked, “You mentioned Bandicoots when you first landed here. Was a bandicoot responsible for its failure?”

Cortex nodded, “Yes, but it wasn’t Crash, it was his doppelganger! He’s known as Fake Crash or Trash Bandicoot. I don’t even know where he comes from, but he’s beyond freaky...just look at him…”

He shows them a picture of Fake Crash and they compare it to Crash in the picture with Spike and company. Snap Shot replied,

“You know he looks like Crash from a distance. But up close, his teeth are too goofy, his eyebrows are furry and doesn’t have that upbeat and dancing personality as Crash.”

Cortex finished, “Anyway, once my machine backfired, an explosion took place and sent me away from the island, into a wormhole and landing here on your world.”

Celestia nodded, “We’ll stop that machine of yours as soon as possible.”

Cortex asked, “I have one question...Who started that Rainboom in the first place?”

Twilight replied, “That was actually Rainbow Dash, she’s the fastest pony in the skies and kind of a hoof-full, but still one of the best ponies I’ve ever met. Her rainboom caused all of 6 of us to earn our Cutie Marks and caused Spike’s birth.”

Cortex was intrigued, “A chain reaction when all five of you were at the right moment at the right time when she broke the sound barrier.”

Uka-Uka sighed, “Guess I’ll have to make nice for now.”

But as the group began to chat about the various things around Equestria and their colony, the Equestrian Isles, they were unaware of a certain light-pink unicorn mare looking through the window as she smiled,

“Oh Sparkle, you have just told me how to stop that dragon from ever being born. But I will let him have his fun gathering help...because when he gets back...he will finally know the error of messing with me and destroying my town.” The mare chuckled evilly as she teleported away from the base.

I will have my revenge on that purple beast!


Somewhere in another area of Ponyville, the Skylander, Blackout was having a nice stroll through the village with Spotlight as they were greeted by several ponies in town. Spotlight asked,

“I’m glad we could finally relax after winning that war. Don’t you think, Blackout?”

Blackout nodded, “I’m relieved to finally stop and rest. We deserve this now more than ever. But we should check up on Rarity.”

The Light Dragoness agreed, “She hasn’t been herself since Spike left for his mission.”

The two dragons went to Carousel Boutique to check up on the fashionista. When they saw her, she was in the zone with designing dresses and attire for fashion events and completing orders that were sent to her by important ponies. The only thing that they saw accompanying her was a small portrait of her and Spike since their date to Dragon Shores back in Avalar. She was also wearing the Fire Ruby that Spike gave her,

Blackout noticed, “I guess you're in the zone today.” The alabaster unicorn noticed, “Oh Spotlight, Blackout, I was just in the zone as twirl. Everything has been booming today, but I still think about my Spikey-Wikey everyday.”

Spotlight spoke, “That’s why we came here to check on you. If you heard anything from Spike?”

Rarity showed the dragons a message, “He sent me a lovely message just not too long ago. He is doing all he can to ensure that we are safe and ready. He actually got those greedy fowl dragons to stand with us.”

Spotlight nodded, “And keep in mind that the Princess of the Dragon Lands became a Supercharger and is now accompanying Spike.”

Rarity saw the photo that came with the message, “They are on good terms and he says that Trail Blazer is around her the most.”

Blackout chuckled, “Oh now I’m curious to where this is going…” Until Blackout burped up a message from Master Eon. He looked at the note as his eyes widen in shock,

“Oh no!”

Rarity asked, “What is it?”
Blackout spoke, “It’s the Nightmare Villains from the Dream Realm, my home.”
Spotlight asked, “You don’t mean…”
Blackout nodded, “Including him…”
Rarity asked, “Who?”
Blackout’s eyes looked angry, “The Dream Sheep!”


In the Eternal Archives, Eon’s assistant Hugo was tricked into reading a cursed book. When he opened it, he fell asleep as a portal emerged from the book, unleashing the Nightmare Villains from the Dream Realm, including a sheep with black wool, curved horns and can talk. He was riding a purple dream dragon which acted almost like a dog. But at the moment, the dragon entered the waking world, he fell asleep, much to the irritation of the Dream Sheep,

“Again?! You’re supposed to be the King of Sleep, not the Lord of Loafing!” He sighed, “What’s the point of having a sleep dragon under your control if he’s going to fall asleep AT THE DROP OF A HAT!” He yelled at the dragon, HEY WAKE UP!!”

The Sleep Dragon woke up, “What? Right, hi there. Did I miss anything?”

The sheep replied, “Oh no, not at all, just the impressive beginnings of my evil dream of domination! But thanks to you, my dull, doozy friend, I shall soon cast a spell on Skylands that no one will wake up from! HMHMHMHAHAHAHAHAHA!!!”

Soon enough, the Sleep Dragon’s sleep powers soon spread all across Skylands as Mabu began falling asleep left and right. Only the Equestrian Isles survived thanks to Fausticorn’s barrier that she placed so the Dream Sheep’s spell wouldn’t effect the isles. She looked towards the horizon and said,

“We need the Skylanders to stop this!”

Author's Note:

So the Dream Sheep has made his move and Blackout does not like it. The details of the original leadership of the Trap Team is now being known. But, now Dr. Cortex and Uka-Uka have landed in Equestria and decided to play hero. I get the feeling that something will go down since somepony was spying on them remembering past events. What will happen next? Will Blackout go after the Dream Sheep? Find out on the next exciting chapter of Skylanders X MLP.

PreviousChapters Next