• Published 14th Aug 2013
  • 11,121 Views, 361 Comments

Skylanders X MLP - Skylander545



After Kaos destroys the Core of Light, the Skylanders were not banished to Earth, but they were sent to Equestria on an entirely new mission. The Mane 6 will join forces with the Skylanders.

  • ...
23
 361
 11,121

PreviousChapters Next
Of Tombs and Phoenix Chickens

As Sunburn reached Mags, she was standing on the steps of her newest section to the academy as Camo flashed in. Mags spoke, "Hey, Skylanders, I think ya might wanna see what I have found."

Sunburn asked, "What do you need us for?" Mags pointed to a lift, "Ya see, I was busy building this here new area and elemental slot machine when this whole area nearly collapsed. It wasn't till I realized that some of the grounds that the supports were on was hollow. So I used the turbines to keep this area steady while I chained the island to the academy for...further investigation."

Camo asked, "What did you find?" The country technician spoke, "Something I did not expect....a Tomb!"

Sunburn realized, "A tomb underneath the academy? Are you sure?" Mags pointed her staff over the railing to see the chained island with an ancient looking door in a hole. She spoke,

"I've seen the large hieroglyphs on that door and realize that it's for an important figure...but from what I can uncover. Only a Trap Master can open the door to the tomb."

Sunburn came up with a plan, "While Camo and I go to the Phoenix Psanctuary, you and no more than two Trap Masters can explore this tomb. We'll be in touch, telepathically."

Mags nodded, "That sounds like a plan. Now head over there and whip that villainous Chef Pepperjack in the hindquarters would ya?"

The duo nodded as they went over to Flynn and moved on their way to the Phoenix Psanctuary to save the Phoenix Chicken.


As the Princesses heard of this tomb discovery, Celestia and Luna sent Lob-Star and Wildfire to assist Mags in investigating this tomb. Celestia asked Master Eon,

"Do you know any information on this alleged tomb?"

Eon replied, "I have heard stories of the tomb and according to the tales, the first Trap Master is buried there along with a large cache of Traptanium."

Luna asked, "Any history on this 'First Trap Master?'" Eon brought out a book, "The first Trap Master was the first to harness the power of Traptanium and used his ability to trap Skavengers, those who plunder and look for suitable candidates for their arena battles. He used the Traptanium to create Cloudcracker Prison. As he joined the war, he sacrificed himself to take on a thousand apes using his fighting skills and Traptanium weapons. After he won, his powers gave out and his life had ended. But, he found followers along the way and used his example to form the Trap Team, as for his body, he was buried in a tomb surrounded by Traptanium. Where it has remained lost ever since."

Luna asked, "Did he possess anything that caused him to become a Trap Master?" Eon remembered, "His power to wield and forge Traptanium weapons came from a powerful shard of Traptanium that he kept around his wrist. When he died, the shard was passed down through the generations of Trap Masters until now, the shard has yet to choose its bearer."

Celestia realized, "It can choose its bearer and those that possess a strong capability on fighting for freedom of Skylands."

Eon nodded, "In time, the next bearer will reveal himself." He was looking at the black box that he gave EQG Spike that was in his pocket.


As Sunburn and Camo arrived at the Phoenix Psanctuary, Flynn spoke,

"You know guys, just seeing these birds flying all over the place seems to remind me of someone with a certain bird."

What Flynn didn't realize is that certain someone with a certain bird actually touched down on his ship as Camo spoke, "Flynn, she's on the ship right now." Before the pilot noticed, the bird squawked at Flynn, surprising him in the process as the rider spoke,

"Hiya, strangers!" Flynn nearly jumped out of his seat...and almost went overboard as reoriented himself as he cried in surprise, "Tessa!"

Sunburn chuckled as he asked, "What brings you here, Tessa?" Tessa replied, "When I heard that Chef Pepperjack was planning to steal the Phoenix Chicken, I came here as fast as I could. But now that you guys are here, we need to get to the Phoenix Chicken and stop the Chef."

Flynn landed his ship and disembarked as the pilot got onto the back of Tessa's Bird, Whiskers, "I forgot how much it was to ride on this bird, but then came the dragon flight incident in the Well of Souls when Spotlight surprised me by her fast flight which was like light and faster than that boasting Pegasus, Rainbow Paint, I think she's called."

Tessa chuckled as she corrected, "Her name's Rainbow Dash, Flynn." She soon spoke to Sunburn and Camo, "I heard that you were once a guard here, Sunburn. So you remember how those Boingo Nuts work?"

Sunburn remembered, "There is planting them to make vine bridges or for me, using them to get rid of jealous Blocker Birds." Tessa nodded, "Okay, Flynn, Whiskers and I will scout out ahead and keep an eye on you guys, all right?"

Camo spoke, "Got it." As Flynn and Tessa flew off to scout ahead, Sunburn and Camo got to work at taking care of the bad guys to sanitize the area. Sunburn picked up a Boingo Nut and created a vine bridge as Camo battled a couple of trolls who were masquerading as normal eggs. Camo basically looked at those trolls,

"Some of these Trolls sicken me in hiding behind eggshells." Sunburn nodded, "It is sickening, but when Chef Pepperjack targets the Phoenix Chicken and her eggs, it's really sickening."

Camo agreed, "We have to get to the Phoenix Chicken before it's too late."

As they crossed the vine bridge, they noticed Buzz on the Paradise Hideaway next to a bunch of Bird Copters...that look like a Bird Copter that they trapped at Know-It-All Island. Buzz noticed their approach,

"Hey Sunburn and Camo. These friendly, non-evil Bird Copters are having a Family Reunion for the first time since the war. Only problem is that one of the cousins, Buzzer Beak, was locked up in Cloudcracker Prison and has resumed his evil ways since being set free. But with the Princess'...well attractive persuasion, perhaps they can bring Buzzer Beak back to his family where they can make amends."

All of a sudden, Buzzer Beak appeared between the two dragons as Buzz spoke, "BOOMSTICKS! Welcome to the family reunion, Buzzer Beak. I'm sure these other birds will be real happy to see ya!"

Buzzer Beak squawked happily knowing that he was with his family once again and free of Malefor's poisonous way. Until Buzz spoke, "They seem happy enough. Oh yeah, and your Uncle Birdstein couldn't make it."

Buzzer Beak was sad knowing that his Uncle didn't make it to the reunion as Buzz finished, "But he sends his regards and this present from Tall Plains."

Buzzer Beak squawked as he evolved and soon was flashed out as Sunburn and Camo continued their trek to the Phoenix Chicken. The Dragons went to the island next door and pulled a lever causing a cage on the previous island where the seed was planted to turn with the open area facing the solid ground, revealing a bounce pad.

As the dragons used the bounce pad, they bounced up to a platform where they saw two trolls on a giant chainsaw machine called a 'Shrednaught' as 'Troll 1' ordered 'Troll 2'

"Shred ahead, Troll 2." The chainsaw blade turned as Troll 1 turned and noticed the two Skylanders standing there. Troll 1 turned Troll 2's head turns them as he realized,

"Skylanders!" Troll 1 ordered, "Time to shred some Skylanders!"

Sunburn smiled, "Not today, you trolls never put on sunscreen."
Camo smiled, "And your machine is a little rooted down." The two trolls were confused until Troll 1 looked over and saw giant roots gripping the legs of the Shrednaught as the two dragons struck their foe.


Meanwhile, back at the Academy, Mags, Lob-Star and Wildfire reached the door as Lob-Star read over the hieroglyphs,

"To any Trap Masters and their companions who enter my resting place, may you be welcome as the story of my life exist in the Traptanium that dwells within."

Wildfire spoke, "Trap Masters? Whoever is buried here in this tomb might've had an understanding that it would be discovered and had the door only open to Trap Masters."

Mags spoke, "Ah don't know 'bout you, but whatever's in there, wants us to find out what's inside."

Wildfire replied, "There's only one way to find out." He touched the door as the outlines lit up in red as it opens to a dark tunnel as the Lion sprouted out a ball of fire to light the way.

Mags spoke, "Let's git movin'" As they proceeded down the tunnel, the walls began to lighten up a translucent blue which caused Wildfire to dim out his fire claw as they entered a large chamber that had a trail of Traptanium leading to a small flight of steps to the center of the chamber. Lob-Star began to place his hand on the one of the shards as Wildfire asked,

"Wait, what are you doing?" Lob-Star replied, "The glyphs at the entrance gave us instructions. It said that the 'story of his life exists in the Traptanium that dwells within.' So maybe touching the shards in this tomb would give us some backstory into our friend in the Sarcophagus."

Mags looked at Wildfire as she spoke, "Lob-Star is right, if we need to know more about this guy. We need you to feel those Traptanium shards surrounding this aisle to the sarcophagus."

Wildfire sighed, "Go ahead, Lob-Star." Lob-Star touched the Traptanium Shard as his eyes soon began to glow as an image flashed into his head. The familiar site of the Apes flattening everything around them as a voice soon spoke,

"We were at War...Malefor's Ape army raged all over the realm, flattening everything in their path. The Arkeyan Empire was the first to fall or have their have them turned to the side of darkness. When the Ape King, Gaul took command of the army he spoke of a future of victory for the Apes and an end to the most magnificent creatures in our realm, The Dragons." The image shifted to a cheetah craftsman discovering a deposit of Traptanium,

"With nearly everyone locked in war, I was only a simple craftsman for my tribe. I was out of supplies, so I went downstream to search for additional supplies. During my trek, I came across a strange cave that was glowing light-blue. Armed with only a pickaxe and a rope, I entered the cave and discovered a deposit of strange translucent crystals. But what truly amazed me was what was inside the crystal. It held a large Ape Commander deep within its crystalline structure. Out of curiosity, I snapped a small shard off of the large crystal and ran back to my tribe. That was when I went to work on the shard."

Lob-Star lifted his hand off of the shard as the image ended. Wildfire asked, "What did you see?" Lob-Star replied, "It was a narrative flashback, it shows that a cheetah craftsman entered a cave and stumbled upon a deposit of Traptanium containing an Ape Commander, one of the big boys. But the strange thing is...he broke off a shard of the crystals using a pickaxe."

Mags soon spoke, "I'm guessin' Traptanium was easy to break several years ago." Wildfire looked at the next shard, "But how come today, Traptanium can only be broken by Traptanium weapons?" The lion soon touched the shard as an image appeared in his head. The image showed that same craftsman sitting at a table with some tools and crafting equipment,

"Before I got back to the village, I gathered as many crafting items that I could carry in my bag. As I got back to the village, I went into my house to investigate the shard that I got off of that strange crystal. It wasn't like any natural crystal that I had ever seen before, any didn't show any signs of dark magic. Usually when we find any crystals, we send them to Dragon City, so they can be molded into armor for the soldiers. But as a curious craftsman, I wanted to know about this before bringing this to the Clan Chief, and might even make something out of it. But as naive as I was, I didn't know what would happen next."
The image shifted to the craftsman standing up as his left wrist was raised high while a light-blue glowing object, mostly likely the shard was emitting a jolt of magical energy all over the craftsman's body,

"I was too quick to determine the idea for the crystal sliver, I thought a necklace or ring would do. But I chose to create a bracer out of the supplies I found and the crystal being the centerpiece. But as I begin working, I noticed that some of my materials were acting strange, but I thought it was just my imagination. When was creating the bracer I was in debate on what type the strap should be and I was stuck between metal and leather. But since I knew leather was more durable, I chose leather. As I finished the main structure of the bracer, I fastened it down so it doesn't fall apart while being worn. I arranged a set of metal claws to fasten the crystal into it and on to the bracer. It was a bracer with the seal of the Cheetah Tribe with the crystal in the center of it. I decided to wear the bracer myself to test it out. I didn't know what happened until after I slipped it on to my wrist when the crystal started to glow light blue and the bracer soon changed from a bracer to just the crystal on a wrist strap...but its re-design was more advanced than I imagined. As soon as I touched the crystal, it sent a jolt of electricity straight through my body as I fell to my knees screaming in pain as I closed my eyes." The image changed to the craftsman looking in a mirror in a strange suit,

"As the painful shock ended, I opened my eyes and realized that...I felt different. I looked at a mirror and saw that my head was covered by a light-blue helmet and a black visor in the shape of an arrowhead pointing down. I soon realized that it wasn't just my head, the helmet had green stripes from the visor to the back and I was covered in a light-blue and green body suit with the green as the secondary color. I was wearing a belt that had the shape of the crystal shard in the center...I was baffled by my appearance and thought that it was a dream when it wasn't. My claws were all covered in gloves and boots...but my tail was still in its original spot sticking out from the suit. I was confused until a weapon soon formed in my hand...it was a one-handed war axe made out of those crystals. I knew for certain that I might need to go back to that deposit and find out what's going on."

As the image faded, Wildfire fell on one knee as he used his shield to support himself as Mags asked, "What did you see?"

Wildfire replied as he rubbed his head, "I saw, the craftsman building something that used the Traptanium shard something familiar. The next image showed the craftsman as an Elite Trap Master...but we had a term for his rank, but I can't quite remember it off the top of my head."

Lob-Star replied, "This stuff is old memories of the craftsman from this time of war. He discovered a deposit of Traptanium, broke off a shard of the stuff from the larger one and built the device to turn him into that."

Wildfire nodded, "Exactly, we need to inform the others about this."


Back at the Phoenix Psanctuary, Camo and Sunburn battled the Chef's flunkies as well as capturing Shrednaught and the troll, Chill Bill who was a famous speaker for Troll Radio. But as they finally made it into the Aviary, Sunburn remembered,

"There's a suction tube at the top of the Aviary that leads to the Phoenix Chicken. We can't let the Chef get his oven mitts on her eggs!"

Tessa nodded, "If he does, it will mean KA-BLAM for everyone and not in a good way." Sunburn replied, "I know how volatile her eggs can be. Its a perfect reason to stop him."

Camo stated, "Let's get to the Phoenix Chicken before it's too late!"

The two Dragon-Hybrids made their way up the spiral ramp that a bunch of giant eggs roll down which made the duo dodge the eggs by moving to the side or destroying them. Camo asked,

"Are these...you know?"

Sunburn replied, "These are not hers. If it were her eggs, they would be at Princess Luna's height, it would also have a coloration of red, yellow and orange. It would also be about 90 degrees warm up close."

Camo smiled, "Thanks for the tip."

The duo soon battled the rest of the Chef's flunkies even called in Chill Bill to put the chill on these guys as the two reached the top of the aviary and used the suction tube up to the nest. As soon as the reached the nest, the Phoenix Chicken took off as Chef Pepperjack noticed the duo,

"Mmm mmm mmm, what do we have here?" Sunburn shouted, "Chef Pepperjack, you leave the Phoenix Chicken alone and your madness ends now!"

The Chef noticed, "Oooh, the former guard with the fiery breath, come to protect 'dis mama bird from the big, bad Chef."

Camo shouted, "Like it or not, Chef. This attack on the Phoenix Chicken is over!"

Chef Pepperjack noticed, "The Veggie Dragon, huh? Also with the Fiery one? I just wanna make an extra spicy omelet and blow everyone up. Is that really such a bad thing?"

Sunburn shouted as his flaming tail ignited more, "You know how volatile they are and there is no way in Tartarus am I going to let you succeed!"

The Chef noticed the Phoenix Dragon's rising anger, "Looks like 'dis Skylanders don't want us making our Spicy Omelet o' Doom!" The crowds around the nest arena were protesting on this remark as the Chef ordered,

"I know, I know. It all sounds crazy to me. So let's get 'em!"

Camo spoke, "Bring it on!"

Chef Pepperjack ordered his trolls in eggshells to attack the Dragon Hybrids, but Sunburn teleported behind them and unleashed his fire breath burning them to a crisp. A troll gunship soon appeared and dropped a bomber and several troll soldiers as Camo spawned a Watermelon patch and used his tail to swing them at the trolls. The explosive fruit smashed into the trolls as they exploded and took them down. The Chef spoke,

"You two are really turning out to be real onions in da Ice Cream."

"You will see onions when we're through with you!" Yelled Sunburn.

The Chef soon spoke, "In my line of work, I always keep track of my tools of cutlery. As in giant chainsaws to slice n dice some Dragon Hybrids!"

The troll dropships were carrying the giant chainsaw tanks to try and slice the duo until Sunburn and Camo performed a combined attack which had Sunburn lighting up the explosive fruit as Camo swung them at the chainsaw and exploded taking the machine with it. The Chef realized,

"Uh oh!" Camo looked up, "No omelets for you, Chef" Chef Pepperjack shrugged, "This is a bit tougher than I imagined. But like they say, you've got to break eggs if you wanna make an omelet and I DO WANNA MAKE AN OMELET! ATTACK!"

Sunburn asked, "Round 2, my friend?" Camo nodded, "Battle Arena Round 2, Sunburn."

Chef Pepperjack's flunkies soon dropped from the Troll Dropships as Sunburn unleashed his Flamethrower breath that was so powerful, Sunburn himself burst into flames as he kept the duration of the breath, burning the trolls to a crisp.

Camo became Thorn Horn Camo and grew 10 exploding pumpkins and hurled them at the trolls causing them to get blown off of the arena. Camo became his normal self as he used several chili pepper bombs at several trolls when one of the floors in the arena popped up and the hatchlings nipped at the trolls.

Chef Pepperjack soon called more chainsaw machines as Sunburn and Camo prepped for battle. The Chef soon spoke,

"Looks like 'dis recipe calls for more bad guys here, boys!" More trolls and chainsaws appeared but were quickly dispatched by the duo as Sunburn spoke,

"Your minions are worthless, Chef. I think we should settle this like men!"

Chef Pepperjack shook his head, "Hows about I add my secret ingredient!" Sunburn asked, "And that is?"

All of a sudden, a large bird landed and punched several trolls out and said, "Who wants a piece of me?!"

That's when Sunburn realized who he sent, "CUCKOO CLOCKER!" Cuckoo Clocker noticed the Phoenix Dragon,

"At last we meet, Sunburn."

Sunburn spoke, "The Chef hired you to keep us from stopping him?" The big bird replied, "And as an added bonus, I get to defeat Sunburn."

As Cuckoo Clocker attacked, Sunburn teleported and used his Flight of the Phoenix attack to hit the giant bird in the back. Cuckoo Clocker started to slam his fists down on top of the Phoenix Dragon until Camo hit the bird with a Pumpkin attack which gave Sunburn enough time to retaliate with his fire breath which made the hybrid burst into flame. Camo fired a sun ball attack on Cuckoo Clocker as both sun ball and fire breath combined and created a combination attack which defeated Cuckoo Clocker.

As the Princesses appeared in their holograms, Sunburn spoke, "Use a Life Trap on Cuckoo Clocker."

Cuckoo Clocker asked, "Now what, Smart Bird?" He squawked until a thump of magic occurred and a vortex emerged. As he was sucked in, he yelled, "Guess this is Bye-Bye BIRDIIIIIIIIIIIEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEE!!!!!!!!!!!"

As he landed in the trap, he asked, "Hey, I'm in some kind of cage? Guess I better start singing then." He started to sing which would've made Fluttershy's Birds fall to the ground in agony. Celestia soon spoke,

"If you don't want to be a caged bird, you will fight with us on our side."

Luna spoke, "Stand with us or stay in your cage!"

The trapped bird squawked, "Me? A Good Guy? Now that's even more CUCKOO! But since you two caged me...well guess I better change my ways."

As the battle ended, Sunburn and Camo stood victorious, which didn't sit well with the Chef as he spoke,

"Well that didn't go so good. But I still got one more trick up my sleeve!" All of a sudden a familiar small fry holding a weapon dropped down as he yelled,

"It is I! KAAAAAAAAAAAAAAOOOOOOOOOOOOSSSSSSS!!!!!!!" The crowd started to boo him for showing up and announcing his name. He realized, "WHAT!? How dare you boo my supreme awesomeness!"

Chef Pepperjack whispered, "Kaos - your so-called "awesomeness" is not needed round here. I guarantee I have it totally under control."

Kaos persisted, "HA! HA - I SAY! You're just lucky I was passing by." He points his weapon at the duo, "NOW - observe - and see how a true master takes down the Skylanders... Not to mention flawlessly completing MY cunning plan of sabotage." All of a sudden, his launcher jerked up and fired a rocket which reversed and fell back to the platform as both villains jumped off just as the impact occurred.

Sunburn and Camo could finally relax since they saved the Phoenix Chicken until Tessa told them the bad news,

"But the Chef made off with one of her eggs for his Omelet of Spicy Doom!" Sunburn's flames fired up as he got angry at the news,

"NOT.ON.MY.WATCH!" He teleported away and this time, he was away from the Phoenix Psanctuary as Flynn asked,

"Are we sure that's a bad thing? I mean, it sounds delicious." Camo slapped the pilot with his tail as he spoke,

"That Omelet is just the Chef's fancy phrase for a bomb, Flynn. Sunburn is determined that it would not happen. That's why he teleported away!"

Flynn realized, "Then we better go after both Sunburn and the Chef...and maybe stop for some lunch. Because I'm kinda hungry."

Author's Note:

You did not expect them to find a tomb underneath the Academy, right? But it's true. So what do you guys think of the chapter?

PreviousChapters Next