• Published 14th Aug 2013
  • 11,121 Views, 361 Comments

Skylanders X MLP - Skylander545



After Kaos destroys the Core of Light, the Skylanders were not banished to Earth, but they were sent to Equestria on an entirely new mission. The Mane 6 will join forces with the Skylanders.

  • ...
23
 361
 11,121

PreviousChapters Next
Trap Master Discovery

Master Eon, the oldest Portal Master in Equestria, stands in the Portal Chamber where he always sees the people and ponies going in and out from either the Portal of Power or the Variant World Portal. Ever since he met Starswirl the Bearded all those years ago, he knew for certain that this would someday happen. Both worlds are united under a banner of peace and harmony, but if evil should ever rise again and plague the inhabitants of either Skylands or Equestria, the Skylanders would be on the case.

But now, Master Eon knew that evil is starting to rise again, it was already proven when the Dark Master, Malefor was set free from the Crystal Core. Then came the message about Spike's visions that didn't make sense until Princess Celestia returned and told him that it was about Spike fighting Malefor at the base of the Tree of Harmony. Each time he thought back to that vision, the more he began to worry. He began to think back at Sunset Shimmer's defeat at the Battle of the EQG Universe during the Soul Gem Conflict, he remembered Spike saying that Malefor saved Sunset Shimmer after her defeat. Malefor saving someone was unusual, Eon read that the dragon was a heartless monster who shows no compassion to his followers....until the end of that battle. He realized that Malefor's emotions are emerging, but still has a desire for destruction.

Eon realized that he's going to need a Traptanium crystal to trap Malefor if he were to strike again. That's when a memory of one of the Trap Masters from Cloudcracker Prison emerged in his head. He remembered that the Trap Masters and the Traptanium disappeared after a Grublin Army destroyed the Prison, releasing the most dangerous villains in the world. All of a sudden his eyes and horn began to glow as he began to sense seven of the Trap Masters......in Equestria. The Portal Master began to think over on which Skylanders to go to the places that he senses a Trap Master. He needed to do this fast and a efficient, and only two Skylanders that got it done were Rainbow Dash and Legendary Spyro. As Eon recalled that those two became physically intimate after Soarin' broke up with her. So he wrote down the messages and sent them off to the couple.


At Rainbow Dash's Cloud house, Legendary Spyro awoke to the sight of Rainbow Dash herself snuggled against the scales on his chest. They have been sleeping together ever since that Anniversary break-up. The sight of her would always make the blue dragon feel a sign of happiness even when they were competing against each other. Despite Rainbow Dash's Tomboyish personality, she was a beautiful Pegasus to behold for the dragon. Legendary Spyro was always at her side in battle and when resting, they were an unbreakable duo.

The Cyan Pegasus began to move as she opened her eyes and said, "Good morning, flight buddy. Ready for another race?"

The dragon smiled, "You're on!" And as quick as they could, they sped out of bed and out the window. As they sped off racing towards Cloudsdale, Rainbow Dash said, "Try to keep up!" She increased her speed, As Legendary Spyro began to use a Spiral Flight to increase his speed as he said,

"I bet my horns on it!" The Pegasus was thinking, 'You sneaky dragon, always in it for me to tackle you like always.'

Soon enough, she put the race to Cloudsdale behind and charged full speed towards Legendary Spyro when he was flying upside-down. Rainbow Dash tackled the Dragon out of the air as they both crash-landed on a nearby cloud. Even though he was tackled by Rainbow Dash, Legendary Spyro always did something just for the Pegasus to tackle him. His head was buried in the cloud until he pulled his head out with Rainbow Dash on top of him, but he also had something in his mouth. Rainbow Dash noticed,

"What's that in your mouth?" He spat it out and noticed that it was a statue of a air gust of a creature wielding a big translucent boomerang, standing on a cloud pedestal. The Blue Dragon's eyes widened,

"Its a frozen Skylander." Rainbow Dash was shocked, "I thought they were all found?"

Legendary Spyro replied, "This one is different." The rainbow mane Pegasus looked closely at their frozen Skylander and noticed,

"His Boomerang is translucent and......its starting....to glow." Legendary Spyro noticed and said, "He's awakening!!" The dragon tossed the statue to the other side of the cloud as it began to grow as the occupant began to break out of the statue.

He had bracers on his arms, he wore pants and boots. He possessed that glowing translucent boomerang as he twirled it in his hand. He cracked his neck a couple of times before he got a good sense of his bearings and noticed the two in an.....awkward position.

"Well, am I interrupting a make-out time? Because if I am, I'll just wait to thank you guys later."

Legendary Spyro and Rainbow Dash blushed as they moved off each other. The blue dragon spoke,

"No, we weren't making out." Rainbow Dash chuckled at his remark. The New Skylander nodded and introduced,

"I am Gusto, a Trap Master of the Air Element. A member of the Trap Masters of Cloudcracker Prison which was destroyed by the Dark Armies, speaking of which, is the war still going on?"

Rainbow Dash asked, "Malefor's Conflict? That war?" Gusto replied, "Is it still going on?"

Legendary Spyro spoke, "No, the Alliance won the fight with the defeat of Malefor at the claws of Spyro and Cynder. But because of a monster that Malefor sent to destroy the world, Spyro...had to create a Fury ward that managed to rebuild Avalar, but the rest remained floating islands. This new world was called Skylands, because of it and a new age began."

Gusto was shocked, "By the wind, its been that long?" Rainbow Dash realized, "It was too long if you ask me." All of a sudden, Legendary Spyro burped up a message with a Portal Master's seal on it. Legendary Spyro read,

"To Legendary Spyro and Rainbow Dash,
This is an urgent message that the both of you come to Canterlot and meet with me in the Portal Chamber immediately. I'll explain more once we meet.
Master Eon"

Gusto remembered, "I remember that name, he is a Portal Master. One of the most famous as I remember, although they were always in hiding."

Legendary Spyro spoke, "We have to get to Canterlot and see what Master Eon wants us to do." He turned to Gusto, "You're going with us."

Gusto heft his boomerang, "Got it." He also took out a crystal, "At least I didn't lose my Traptanium Crystal. I need to hand this to a Portal Master when I find one."

Rainbow Dash was going to ask until she decided to save it for later.


Once they arrived at Canterlot, they made their way to Castle. Gusto looked around and asked Legendary Spyro,

"This city is built into a mountain?" Legendary Spyro nodded, "This whole city is built on the mountainside. Amazing right?" Gusto replied, "My friend, Wallop was a forger and he seen many great buildings of great majesty while making great weapons. If he were here, he would be at awe at the majesty as well as the construction of this city."

Rainbow Dash heard the conversation, "Wallop will see this place." It wasn't until they bumped into Boom Jet, the Sky Surfer noticed,

"Legendary Spyro, Rainbow Dash, what brings you to Canterlot?" Legendary Spyro replied, "Boom Jet, we received a letter from Master Eon telling us to meet him in the Portal Chamber."

Rainbow Dash added, "After we found and unfroze this big guy." She pointed a hoof at Gusto as Boom Jet realized,

"That's.....a Trap Master. You two found a Trap Master."

Gusto smiled, "And you must be one of the Swap Force, I've heard about you and the others back home."

Boom Jet replied, "I'm not a Swap Force Skylander at this moment. I'm just wandering the city until Nightfall.

Legendary Spyro realized, "Waiting for your shift as the Captain of the Night Guards to start."

Boom Jet nodded, "Waiting for another night, that's all." They finished their conversation and moved towards the castle as they moved through the city. Once they made it to the castle, they entered the Portal Chamber which was the door next to the throne room. There they came across a light-blue Alicorn Stallion, wearing a robe, an amulet and a horned helmet. The stallion had white hair, showing from the helmet and a white beard. He turned and saw the Dragon, Pegasus and Trap Master approach. Master Eon looked and said,

"So you have already found a Trap Master. I am impressed." Gusto looked in shock, "Master Eon.....you look...different."

Master Eon smiled, "When creating a new body, it feels different, but I am proud." Legendary Spyro asked, "What was going on?"

Master Eon looked at the Portal of Power and said, "Ever since the various battles with Malefor, I am growing more concerned about any more evil creatures that would harm us or Equestria until I remembered the Trap Masters. Gusto possesses a Traptanium Crystal that could be used to trap any villain that is defeated."

Gusto took out his crystal and asked, "Are you our Portal Master?" Master Eon replied, "I was a Portal Master, now my only task is watching the Portals. I've passed the mantle on to the Royal Sisters of Equestria, Celestia and Luna. They are your Portal Masters now. But you can keep the crystal when the time is right."

Gusto nodded, "Thank you, Master Eon."

Eon soon turned to Rainbow Dash and Legendary Spyro, "I've sensed the auras of the many Trap Masters throughout Equestria. I want you two to go and find them quickly. Gusto will accompany you as well. As I recall, you have the ability to sense your companions."

Gusto's eyes started glowing as he senses them, "Yes, I do."


After leaving Canterlot with Gusto in tow, Rainbow Dash asked, "Do you know where they are?" Gusto's eyes turned blue as he began to sense a Trap Master, "There is something in a small village nearby at the bottom of a pond near a park."

Legendary Spyro realized, "That pond is in Ponyville and there is a Trap Master at the bottom of the pond."

Gusto replied, "Yes, that has to be the name." The Pegasus and Dragon took off as the Trap Master used his boomerang to grab a cloud and use his Air abilities to ride it. They left Canterlot Mountain and flew straight to Ponyville where the suspected Trap Master is frozen. The two flying Skylanders looked at Gusto's way of flying and they were at a shock, but he did control the cloud that they found him on, when heading towards Canterlot.

They followed the train tracks away from Canterlot Mountain and towards Ponyville where Gusto observed as they were landing, that there were Skylanders in the village as well. Gusto spotted Trigger Happy pulling a pastry wagon, while the Trap Master was surprised by the Gremlin's strength. He saw the Dirt Shark, Terrafin working at one of the local food stands along with the farm pony, Applejack. Gusto asked,

"I see some of the Skylanders, but....where are the rest?" Rainbow Dash replied, "They all went to find day-jobs while waiting for the call for action. Most Skylanders are active around Ponyville, the more you go into town, the more Skylanders you'll see."

Legendary Spyro added, "Plus Dashie and I are Skylanders as well." Gusto was about to ask until a Pink blur appeared right in his face. It was Pinkie Pie as she gasped in shock while looking at Gusto,

"You are not from around here! And if it means you're not from around here, That means you're new!!!"

Gusto introduced himself, "I'm Gusto, Skylander of Air and Trap Master." The Pink Pony gasped much louder, "A NEW SKYLANDER! I never thought that it would happen again, but I know all of the Skylanders, Variants and EQGs, but never expected to meet a new, new Skylander!"

Legendary Spyro stepped forward, "Pinkie, I think you were hyped up over that twitchy tail of yours."

Rainbow Dash spoke, "We need to be somewhere with Gusto. We can talk later, okay?"

Pinkie spoke, "Oki, doki, Loki! I gotta tell Triggy Wiggy about this." She disappears as Legendary Spyro said to Gusto,

"Its just Pinkie being Pinkie. You'll get used to it." Gusto nodded as his eyes started glowing as he motioned Rainbow Dash and Legendary Spyro to follow. So they followed the Trap Master to the pond where the frozen Trap Master was sensed. They all looked into the water and soon enough, Zap the Dragon popped out from the waves of the water, scaring the group with a statue in his mouth. Legendary Spyro spoke,

"Zap, you scared us." The Water Dragon spat the statue onto the shore, "Sorry to scare you guys, but I found that at the bottom while swimming."

Rainbow Dash looked at the statue and it showed a Crocagator in hunting gear with a translucent bow and arrow on a water pedestal. She asked Gusto, "You sensed him?"

Gusto looked and nodded, "That's Snap Shot, Leader of the Trap Masters." Zap spoke, "Trap Masters.....in Equestria? Wow, I guess there is more of them."

All of a sudden, Snap Shot's statue began glowing blue as the statue grew to full size. Snap Shot began breaking out of his statue form and soon enough he was free and moving around as he said,

"Aaargh, crikey! It is no fun being frozen... and I'm cold-blooded." Gusto replied, "You sure are."

Snap Shot noticed, "Gusto, what are you doing here?" Gusto shrugged, "Rescuing you from being a statue with the help of a few Skylanders."

Snap Shot looked at the two dragons and the Pegasus as he asked, "You are Skylanders? My memory seemed shady after being frozen."

Legendary Spyro spoke, "We are....and there is a lot more." Gusto asked, "Is your Traptanium Crystal safe?" The Crocagator pulled out the Water Crystal from his hunting gear as he replied,

"Its safe as safe could be." Rainbow Dash asked, "Can you sense any other Trap Masters?"

Snap Shot replied, "I can try." He closed his eyes as his scales started glowing, but was interrupted when Zap burped out a message. Snap Shot asked as he returned to normal, "What's going on?"

Zap read and reacted, "Flynn's Hometown is under attack and the Princesses want us to assemble the rest of the Skylanders."

Legendary Spyro shrugged, "I guess searching for the other Trap Masters will have to wait."

They all nodded as they separated in two groups. Zap took Snap Shot and Gusto with him to round up the others as Legendary Spyro and Rainbow Dash went to find the EQGs.

Author's Note:

I'm BACK!!! You guys thought that I wouldn't add anything related to Trap Team? Well, Here I am and new chapters are a coming.

PreviousChapters Next