• Published 14th Aug 2013
  • 11,121 Views, 361 Comments

Skylanders X MLP - Skylander545



After Kaos destroys the Core of Light, the Skylanders were not banished to Earth, but they were sent to Equestria on an entirely new mission. The Mane 6 will join forces with the Skylanders.

  • ...
23
 361
 11,121

PreviousChapters Next
Grim Creeper meets Daring Do

Ponyville was in the process of getting ready for the New Year. The ponies were getting train tickets for Canterlot to watch up close, well the entire town was getting train tickets. The Skylanders remembered that Flynn would give them a ride in the Dread-Yacht, so they wouldn't have to go through all the hassle. There was one Undead Skylander who felt a strange feeling until he came across a book lying on the ground. When Grim Creeper saw the book, he picked it up and looked at the title,

"Daring Do. By A.K. Yearling."

When he opened the book, he began to read about the adventures of this Pegasus mare and how she was able to get out of sticky and life-threatening situations. Grim Creeper found this mare kind of Daring....hence the name. But his reading was interrupted when Twilight said,

"Grim, Ponyville is under attack!"

He placed the book by the library and took out his scythe to find out who is attacking. The identity of the attackers are the forces of the Underworld which is in the Well of Souls back in Avalar. The leader recognized the Skylanders and the world that he is in.

"So, this is Equestria? Pretty dull if you ask me."

Grim Creeper recognized the leader, "Moneybone!!"

Moneybone heard the reaper, "Grim Creeper, the reaper who contained those ghosts at the school when you were young."

Grim Creeper asked, "What do you want with the Ponies?"

Count Moneybone replied, "I wanted to see this world that a Dragon was talking so much about with his Unicorn Apprentice." He smiled, "But what I really want is..." He took a hold of Grim Creeper whose was now helpless while in the Skeletons grasp, "To send you far away from this town." He threw the reaper far away from Ponyville as the Count said,

"So long, Grim Creeper. And now its time to leave." He and his flunkies disappeared back to Skylands as the other Skylanders looked at where Moneybone threw Grim Creeper. Rainbow Dash looked at the Daring Do book that was leaning against the Library and she told the others,

"I noticed Grim Creeper was reading this book before that 'Moneybone' guy attacked."

Twilight looked at the book and the direction where Grim Creeper was thrown, and the unicorn said,

"If my calculations are correct, Grim Creeper will land at the house of...." She went into the Library and pulled out a file of where he will land, "A.K. Yearling."

Spyro asked, "The Writer of the Daring Do books?"

Rainbow Dash squealed in excitement, "Yes, she is the same mare who writes the Daring Do books!"

Spike spoke, "I guess the New Year Celebration will have to wait."

Twilight realized, "I better write a letter to the Princesses to tell them that we might be running late."

She took out a paper and quill and began to write,

"Dear Princess Celestia,
I have to inform you that we might be running late for the celebration because an undead skeleton named 'Count Moneybone' attacked Ponyville and threw Grim Creeper far from town. I calculated his landing zone to be A.K. Yearling's house. So we are going to Yearling's house to retrieve Grim Creeper. We will send a message back when we have Grim and you can teleport us back.
Your faithful student and Skylander, Twilight Sparkle.
P.S. Make sure you tell my sister about this. Because, I don't want her to worry."

Spike sent it off as Twilight said, "We must go to A.K. Yearling's house."


A.K. Yearling heard rumors of Skylanders in Equestria, but she spent so much time writing the Daring Do books, she never had time to go to where they were most active. But overtime, she heard rumors of a Artifact of Skylands Origin. This artifact cannot be reached by a normal pony, because no pony can touch it. Hoping to make a Daring Do story that has her teaming up with a Skylander to get the artifact.

But that changed when she saw something land in her house. She was thinking that those thugs were trashing her place, she made her way inside. What she saw was out of the ordinary, she saw a reaper wearing a hood-like helmet, two legs and two arms, a blue ghostly aura around it and its weapon is a scythe. That was when the reaper woke up and said,

"Where am I?"

Yearling replied, "You are in my house. When I saw you land, I thought a bunch of thugs were trashing my place."

Grim Creeper asked, "Who are you?"

Yearling introduced herself, "Yearling, A.K. Yearling."

The reaper replied, "Creeper, Grim Creeper. I am an Undead Skylander."

Yearling was shocked, "A.....Skylander....in my house?!"

Grim Creeper asked, "Why does that shock you?"

Yearling replied, "Because, a Skylander lands in the house of the mare that writes those Daring Do books is always something to behold."

Grim Creeper got up, "You write the Daring Do books, as I read about you."

Yearling replied, "Well, I didn't just write the books....I lived them."

Grim Creeper said, "Wait, so you're both A.K. Yearling...."

Yearling finished as she removed her disguise, "And Daring Do."

Grim Creeper said, "A double lifestyle. But why were you hoping for a Skylander to meet you?"

Daring Do pulled out a ring, a coin and a map, she gave the ring and the coin to the reaper as he realized,

"These are items from the Undead and Magic Element."

Daring Do replied, "Correct, I found these items while exploring a cave a couple years back and that wasn't until I heard rumors of Skylanders in Equestria."

Grim Creeper asked, "So what did you find out?"

Daring Do pointed at the map, "I found out that there is an Artifact of Skylands Origin in that cave, but I can't do it myself. No pony can reach it, let alone touch the artifact."

Grim Creeper realized, "Only a Skylander can touch the artifact."

Daring Do replied, "But any Skylands artifact could have a special power for the Skylander that obtains it."

Grim Creeper nodded as he turned towards the door, but asked, "Anypony else hunting this artifact?"

Daring Do replied, "Like I said, only a Skylander can get to the artifact, so no pony would be dumb enough to hunt for something that only a Skylander can obtain."

Grim Creeper added, "With you as an exception."

Daring Do nodded, "Let's go."

Grim Creeper realized, "The others might come looking for me an they would go here first."

Daring Do nodded, "We'll leave a note for the other Skylanders." After leaving a note on the door for the other Skylanders, they set off for the cave where Daring Do found the ring and the coin.


As they arrived at the cave, Grim Creeper asked,

"What do you think is in this cave?"

Daring Do replied, "There was the ring and the coin. But there was a door, a door that could only be opened by a Skylander."

Grim Creeper said, "And that door leads to the artifact?"

Daring Do nodded, "I guess so, but throughout my adventures, there are always traps in chambers like the one we are about to enter."

The reaper took out his scythe, "Then we better not let our guard down."

They journeyed into the cave as Daring Do directed the Skylander to the door that she spoke of. After a couple of minutes of traversing, the duo reached the door. Grim Creeper looked at the words on the door as he translated,

"Those who enter with the protection of a Skylander will find the Talisman of Legends inside. But those who seek to gain its power for themselves will meet an untimely end. Those who value the Skylander's protection and the Skylander's safety, will absorb some of the Talisman of Legend's power."

Daring Do realized, "You can understand the writing on the door."

Grim Creeper replied, "Its written in a dialect that the Moles of Warfang used back when Skylands was a whole planet. I saw these when I was in the Well of Souls before the Apes conquered it before Night of Eternal Darkness."

Daring Do realized, "You are good at translating."

Grim Creeper nodded as he turned his attention to the door and translated some more,

"To enter will have the Skylander wear the Ring of the Protector while the one he or she is protecting possesses the Coin of the Explorer."

Daring Do pulled out the ring and the coin from her saddlebag as she gave the ring to Grim Creeper as he translated the last part of the old language,

"The Coin of the Explorer must be inserted in....a keyhole just below this writing as the Skylander wears the ring."

Daring Do placed the coin in the keyhole while Grim Creeper wore the ring as she realized,

"The coin was really a key to the door and the power of a Skylander can have the key open the door."

Grim Creeper looked at the ring and the door while it opens, "It said that a Skylander has to wear the ring while the key is in the keyhole."

The door opens as they progressed into the Temple of the Talisman of Legends. They still didn't know what the Talisman would do after they reach it. But they don't know anything about it, but they began to search the walls for any of that Warfang Language to find any story on the Talisman.


Meanwhile at Daring Do's House, Twilight and the other Skylanders arrived to see if Ms. Yearling was home until they came across a note on the door. Twilight read the note,

"To any Skylanders that arrive,
If you are here inquiring about the missing Skylander, Grim Creeper, then he is not here. We went to investigate a cave that could conceal a temple that contains an Artifact of Skylands Origin. If we don't come back, the cave is nearby.

Daring Do."

There were shocked discover that the note came from Daring Do herself and basically, Grim Creeper is with her. Spyro said,

"We have to get to that cave and find them."

Twilight nodded, "But, I'm curious about this artifact that was in the note."

Pop Fizz said, "If we find Grim Creeper and Daring Do, we would find the artifact as well."

Rainbow Dash said, "Well lets go." The group moved towards the cave where the artifact was being contained.


Grim Creeper and Daring Do journeyed through the Temple of the Talisman of Legends hoping to find any insight on the Talisman itself while finding where the Talisman is. It wasn't until they came across more of that foreign language and the reaper translated,

"The Talisman of Legends is a powerful artifact that could only be possessed by a Skylander. It was used as a tool for Giants until it was sealed inside the temple. The Talisman was created in a magical world which was locked in a major conflict with a Dark Foe. The Talisman and the Giants were swept from their world and landed in the Crystal Empire...."

Grim Creeper realized, "This tells the story of the Talisman of Legends and how it arrived with the Giants."

Daring Do spoke, "I heard the story of the Giants, but I didn't know that the Talisman came with them."

They pressed on into the temple to find the Talisman and find out what it does until the mare was about to step on a bunch of holes in the floor. Grim Creeper blocked her with the stick of his scythe,

"Don't take another step." A bunch of spikes came up from the floor as the holes were glowing green before springing up. Daring Do looked at what direction the lights were glowing before popping up,

"The lights are moving forward, if we can run across those traps while their down before those lights reach us, we could be able to avoid this trap."

Grim Creeper nodded as they prepared to run. And just as the spikes went down, they ran across the trap without looking back to see if the spikes are going up. After they got across, they came upon a pit that made Daring Do think,

"How are we going to cross it?"

Grim Creeper thought of something when he went into his ghost form, "I'll go on ahead to the other side of the pit and call my armor over to me. But make sure you hang on to the armor because you will be pulled over when I call it back."

Grim Creeper's ghost form moved across the pit as Daring Do held onto the living armor and as soon as the ghost was on the other side. He said,

"Armor, Return!" The armor zipped across the pit with Daring Do hanging on tightly. When Grim Creeper's Armor was back in place, Daring Do released herself from the armor and saw a door with more of that language along with a picture of a Pony and a Skylander kissing. Grim looked at the picture and then the writing,

"The path to the Talisman of Legends is marked on how well the Pony and the Skylander cooperate. The final path to the Talisman of Legends is the Pony and the Skylander showing appreciation for each other. Once they have shown appreciation, the path to the Talisman awaits."

Daring Do looked at the picture and say, "Appreciation. It means that we have to show appreciation to each other and those two in the picture are kissing."

Grim Creeper looked shocked, "We are going to have to kiss each other to open the door!?"

Daring Do nodded, "I wonder how the temple would know."

Grim Creeper spoke as his glowing aura was dying down, "There is only one way to find out."

They approached each other as they moved their heads close to one another. Daring Do would have to kiss the reaper to have them move on as Grim Creeper's glow died down some more. Grim Creeper basically had a choice, to either kiss Daring Do so the door could open or go back to the entrance. But since there was a pit that they already crossed over, there was no turning back. As they almost locked lips, it went dark because Grim's glowing aura died out until the sound of a door opening snapped them out and the reaper's glow lighted up again. Grim Creeper looked at the opening door and at Daring Do and said as he blushed,

"We tell no pony and no Skylander about this."

Daring Do approached him as she blushed, "Deal."

They began moving into the open doorway where they would find the very item that they were looking for.


At the entrance to the temple, The Skylanders were following the trail that Grim Creeper and Daring Do left behind since they brought Hot Dog with them, he could easily sense the trail. It wasn't until Hot Dog came across a stop point in the trail near the tale and origin of the Talisman of Legends. Jet-Vac looked at the writing and realized,

"The Talisman is in this temple."

Twilight asked, "What does the Talisman do?"

Jet-Vac replied, "I don't know much, but it does have something to do with the Legendary Skylanders."

Spike nodded, "Then if we catch up to Daring Do and Grim Creeper, we could be able to get them out of here with the Talisman." Spike burped out a message from Princess Celestia as he read,

"To my faithful Student and Skylander, Twilight Sparkle,
I've received your message and this is troubling that Ponyville was attacked and Grim Creeper was missing. You and the Skylanders have to retrieve Grim Creeper at A.K. Yearling's house and I'll teleport you to Canterlot once you message me back.
Your Mentor and Portal Master, Princess Celestia."

Spyro lowered his head, "She doesn't know that we are in a cave searching for Grim Creeper and 'A.K. Yearling', we have to tell her."

Spike's eyes began to glow as his horns began to emit a magical energy to it as he said, "Mom, its Spike, we are currently in a cave searching for Grim Creeper and A.K. Yearling, who we discovered from a note that she is actually Daring Do. They came to this cave to find an Artifact of Skylands Origin called, 'The Talisman of Legends.' It had something to do with the Legendary Skylanders, but that's all we know about it. We try to message you back, but this will take a while."

Spike's eyes returned to normal as Rarity asked, "Are you all right?"

Spike shook off what happened and said, "I'm fine, but somehow I was able to send a message to Princess Celestia, telepathically."

Warnado realized, "We'll talk about this later, but I hope she got it." They started to move further inside the temple as they dodged the traps in the temple and crossed the pit, that's when they came across the picture. Twilight asked,

"What does it mean?"

Chop Chop replied, "It means appreciation for the Skylander. Those who were seeking the Talisman have to show appreciation for the Skylander by doing what this picture shows." He looked at the opened door, "And they have already shown appreciation."

Rainbow Dash asked, "Grim Creeper......and Daring Do.....kissed?"

Hot Dog sniffed, "Oh yeah, they did kiss. But we are almost to the central chamber."


Grim Creeper and Daring Do reached the central chamber of the Temple and found the place lit by torches and shown the way to the pedestal that holds the Talisman of Legends, they also passed by images that showed their journey through the temple and how they cooperated. Grim Creeper noticed,

"The Temple does know what enters the temple."

Daring Do looked at the images, "Whoever built this place, enchanted it so that the temple would know any that enters."

Grim Creeper looked at the pedestal, "And that is the Talisman of Legends."

The duo looked at the Talisman and decided to approach the pedestal. They have made it through the temple and now they have to obtain the artifact and discover the secret behind it. Daring Do looked at Grim Creeper,

"According to the writings, only a Skylander can obtain it. So, its your turn. I'll be right behind you."

Grim Creeper acknowledged this as he approached the Talisman, which was the shape of an ankh, but it had a Blue body with a Gold gem in the upper middle. He wasn't stupid because the Talisman of Legends isn't a harmless artifact. As he took it off the pedestal, the Talisman's power consumed Grim Creeper as Daring Do heard screaming inside the envelope created by the artifact itself. She also felt some of the Talisman's power seep into her, making her see what was going on inside. The Envelope exploded leaving Grim Creeper kneeling with the Talisman in his hand, but there was another that was created from Grim Creeper with assistance from the Talisman itself.

It was Grim Creeper, but this one was blue and gold. Grim Creeper got up and looked at the Blue and Gold Grim Creeper, he realized,

"The Talisman of Legends has the power to create a Legendary Skylander."

Daring Do was shocked, "So now that we have it, we should go." She paused, "We're being followed."

Grim Creeper picked up Legendary Grim Creeper and placed him over his shoulder as he said,

"Its the Calvary, the Skylanders came looking for me."

Daring Do asked, "But, how did I know that they were right behind us?"

Grim Creeper replied, "When we get out of the temple, we'll find out."

Daring Do asked, "What about the Talisman?"

Grim Creeper was holding it in his hand while the other held Legendary Grim Creeper. They began making their way back to the entrance and that's when they ran into the others. Twilight said,

"Grim Creeper, we finally found you."

Grim Creeper nodded, "I know, you guys are happy to see me again. But we have to get out of here."

Spyro said, "But there's a pit that we had to cross."

Daring Do added, "I know, but we crossed it ourselves."

Rainbow Dash was shocked at seeing her idol for the first time as she said, "Hi Daring Do, I'm your biggest fan."

Daring Do noticed, "Now is not the time for an autograph.....but we need to get back to the entrance and get the new Legendary Grim Creeper to safety."

Jet-Vac asked, "You got it?" Grim Creeper held the Talisman and said, "We got it."

They were about to move out until they were consumed in a flash of light and when it faded, the group disappeared.


The group reappeared in the Canterlot Portal Chamber, Grim Creeper asked,

"How did we end up in Canterlot?"

Daring Do replied, "We were in the temple a few minutes ago."

Twilight spoke, "I think Celestia got Spike's message that he sent telepathically."

Spike noticed, "I guess you can say that." A familiar voice said,

"I see that you have finally arrived."

They saw a familiar blue alicorn approach them as they recognized him as, "Master Eon!"

Master Eon nodded, "The Princesses received the message and asked me to keep an eye on your progress through the Portal of Power. I decided to bring you here to Canterlot once you were all together." He noticed Legendary Grim Creeper, "And I see that Grim Creeper has a Legendary Variant."

Grim Creeper set down his variant, "He was created through the Talisman of Legends itself."

Master Eon asked, "The Talisman of Legends.....you have it?"

Grim Creeper held it up to Eon as he examined it and realized, "The Talisman is the original source of the Legendary Skylanders."

Twilight asked, "How come?"

The Alicorn spoke as he magically held it, "The Talisman of Legends was created by the first Portal Masters during the war and was used to create Legendary Skylanders. The process was done by using a regular Skylander with the Talisman. And judging by Legendary Grim Creeper's appearance, the process worked."

Daring Do asked, "Um...Master Eon, I was able to see through a magical envelope created by the Talisman when Grim Creeper obtained the Talisman. Why was I able to do that?"

The Alicorn Portal Master replied, "I believe that if the Skylander cooperated with a Pony to take possession of the Talisman, during the Legendary process, some of the Talisman's powers were absorbed by you, having you gain a new ability for a Pegasus like you."

Daring Do realized, "So I obtained a new ability by helping him with the Talisman."

Legendary Grim Creeper started to move as Grim Creeper said, "Wait, he's waking up."

Legendary Grim Creeper gained consciousness as he looked around and said, "Where.....where am I?"

Master Eon approached the variant, "Do not be alarmed, Legendary Grim Creeper. You were created by Grim Creeper and the Talisman of Legends a few minutes ago."

Legendary Grim Creeper recognized him, "Master Eon?" The Alicorn nodded as the Legendary Skylander continued, "But, where am I?"

Twilight said, "You are in the Canterlot Portal Chamber where all the portals are placed."

Legendary Grim Creeper got up and realized, "Canterlot......the Capital of Equestria?" All Skylanders and Daring Do nodded. Master Eon told him, "Now will be a time of celebration because the countdown to the New Year has started."

Spyro remembered why they were there, "That's right, we have to meet up with the Princesses and the other Variants."

As they left the Portal Chamber and met up with the Royal Sisters, the Variants were introduced to a new Variant as well as Daring Do herself. They saw the final countdown to New Year with Countdown wearing his New Years attire. Everypony and Skylander in Canterlot yelled,

"3......2.....1.....HAPPY NEW YEAR!!!" And the crowds cheered as the New Year has begun. Even Zook fired his fireworks as the crowd cheered. As for the Talisman of Legends, it was safely put inside the storage compartment within the Portal of Power with the Soul Gems.

Author's Note:

I know that its late, but I had to do it. The part that I thought of with Grim Creeper meeting Daring Do and discovering the Talisman of Legends. So that goes to prove that I still haven't abandoned this fic. So, I'll see you all around.

PreviousChapters Next