• Published 14th Aug 2013
  • 11,082 Views, 361 Comments

Skylanders X MLP - Skylander545



After Kaos destroys the Core of Light, the Skylanders were not banished to Earth, but they were sent to Equestria on an entirely new mission. The Mane 6 will join forces with the Skylanders.

  • ...
23
 361
 11,082

PreviousChapters Next
Polar Problem

In Cloudsdale, the pegasi were having a lot of helping hooves, hands and feathers, thanks to their local skylanders. The Swap Force Skylander, Free Ranger quickly moved a cloud over Manehatten for a scheduled rain shower while Whirlwind and Rainbow Dash were clearing the skies over Ponyville for the anniversary of the Arrival of the Skylanders that is happening next week. Sunburn quickly used his teleportation to push a rogue cloud away from Ponyville while Legendary Spyro pushed a cloud to Fillydelphia for another scheduled rain shower. Legendary Spyro flew to Rainbow Dash and asked,

"Got any plans tonight after we are done?"

Rainbow replied, "I'm planning to go take Soarin' to the Variant World, so he can see it."

Legendary Spyro said, "That would be awesome. How about we race to the Academy after we're done?"

Rainbow Dash couldn't back down from a challenge, "You're on!"


At the Wonderbolt Academy, Soarin', Drobot, and Spitfire were busy telling the trainees about what it really means to fly. Drobot has trained them and the trainees looked up to him like he was a true flyer. Soarin' worked the Dizzytron, so the trainees could adapt while in flight. Drobot and Spitfire flew with the trainees with an order to follow the instructors. Soarin' enjoyed his work as a Wonderbolt, Drobot and Spitfire gave him and apple pie during lunch, but he was missing something.

After the shift was over, Drobot and Spitfire raced back to Ponyville to check on the preparations while Soarin' took the scenic route back. It wasn't until he realized how tired he was, he decided to nap before heading to Ponyville. He spotted a nice white cloud near Cloudsdale and decided to lie down on it for a while. As he set down, he felt the softness of a decent cloud as he napped on it. He was nearly asleep when he soon discovered that somepony or something else is using the cloud.

He felt something move beneath him as he soon felt something organic rather than soft. He moved off of it when he saw two feathery wings, a white horn and the white body of a Unicorn/Dragon hybrid similar to Whirlwind. The hybrid had pink and yellow eyes, the eyes made Soarin's wings flare up in surprise. He said,

"Sorry, I didn't see you." The hybrid replied, "Its okay, I was always mistaken for a piece of a cloud when I nap on them."

Soarin' asked, "I don't think we've met. I'm Soarin', a member of the Wonderbolts."

The hybrid spoke, "My name is Polar Whirlwind, I'm a variant of the original Whirlwind."

Soarin' asked, "So you are a Polar version of Rainbow Dash's cousin?" Polar Whirlwind nodded and asked, "What made you want to take a nap on a cloud?"

Soarin' replied, "I was tired after working my shift at the Wonderbolt Academy, I thought I could get some rest before heading to Ponyville to prepare for the anniversary of the Skylanders' arrival. I chose this cloud without knowing you were on it and we first meet."

Polar Whirlwind smiled, "Well, I could find another cloud." As she prepared to leave, only a hoof stopped her as Soarin' suggested, "Why don't we share the cloud? We can nap on this cloud and we'll leave like nothing has happened."

Polar Whirlwind nodded at the idea and she took one side of the cloud while Soarin' took the other.

After Rainbow Dash and Legendary Spyro were done with the clouds, they decided to move forth with racing each other to the Wonderbolt Academy to meet up with Soarin'. The race was a quick tie between the Pegasus and the Dragon because they both match their speed. But when they got to the Academy, Soarin', Drobot and Spitfire's shift already ended and were nowhere in sight. So they went to Ponyville to find Drobot, Spitfire or Soarin'.


After the nap, Soarin' and Polar Whirlwind departed from the cloud and landed at Ponyville, that's when he encountered Drobot and Spitfire at Town Hall, helping set up for the celebration. Drobot noticed,

"Soarin', good timing on the arrival. We could use some help with helping the other Skylanders decorating Ponyville for the celebration. We were assigned to help decorate the Town Hall."

Spitfire noticed Soarin' was trailing off, "Soarin', are you listening to what we are saying?" Soarin' broke out of his trance, "Yes, we need to decorate the Town Hall."

As the three started, Spitfire was keeping an eye on Soarin' because he was beginning to act weird. Drobot was busy, but always had his cameras on Soarin', there was no way that a pony like him could act weird unless....

'Impossible',thought Drobot. 'Soarin's with Rainbow Dash. There is no conclusion that Soarin' is in love with somepony else.'

Spitfire decided to ring the bell signaling that the shift has ended. Soarin' separated from the two as Spitfire spoke to Drobot,

"Is there any idea why Soarin' is acting like this?"

Drobot replied, "I only have a prediction, that Soarin' might be in love with somepony else."

Spitfire asked, "Why?"

Drobot replied, "Its in his body language, he is always by the colors white, yellow and pink. My cameras saw him build a replica of his crush out of the streamers."

Spitfire looked frightened, "If Rainbow Dash finds out, this Arrival Anniversary would be a disaster."


Rainbow Dash and Legendary Spyro arrived at Ponyville hoping to find Soarin' when they got there. They ran into Polar Whirlwind who was walking right by the Golden Oaks Library. Rainbow Dash greeted,

"Hey, Polar Whirlwind. How is it going?"

Polar Whirlwind noticed, "I've been doing well. I had to share a cloud with a Pegasus Stallion."

Rainbow asked, "Really?"

The White hybrid replied, "Yes, it was enjoyable. It was good to have a friend by my side."

Rainbow asked, "You did the one on one side and one on the other?"

The hybrid nodded and said, "I'm supposed to see him again tonight."

Legendary Spyro followed Rainbow Dash to find Soarin' until they bumped into Drobot and Spitfire. Rainbow Dash asked,

"Hey, guys, do you know where Soarin' is?"

Spitfire spoke, "He separated from us as soon as we exited the Town Hall. Drobot's suit cameras caught what Soarin' was doing."

Legendary Spyro asked, "Can you show us what you saw?"

Drobot replied, "Not right now." He whispered, "But some other time when RD isn't around."

Rainbow Dash said, "Maybe another time. See ya." She turned to Legendary Spyro, "Aren't you following?"

Spyro's Legendary Variant replied, "Just go, I'll catch up."


That night at the Apple Family's barn, Legendary Spyro, Drobot, Spitfire and a few Skylanders held an emergency meeting for why Soarin' is acting like the way he was in Town Hall. Spitfire announced,

"This emergency meeting is now in session. We have gathered tonight for a very important problem."

Alicorn Twilight asked, "What sort of problem is it?" Spitfire replied, "Its a problem that could jeopardize the Arrival Celebration." She turned to Drobot and signaled him to speak,

"While Spitfire and I were busy decorating the Town Hall for the celebration, Soarin' was supposed to help us, but my suit's cameras spotted what he was doing on his end."

Applejack asked, "Ya'll think he's working with either Kaos or Malefor?" Drobot shook his head, "Its much worse than Malefor or Kaos. If Rainbow Dash saw this, she would be really angry."

Drobot projected his suit camera to a tapestry screen that they set up. It showed the image of Soarin' giving a love-struck stare at a streamer version of a familiar white hybrid. Dark Spike asked,

"Polar Whirlwind? He's fallen in love with Polar Whirlwind!?" Legendary Spyro replied, "None of us cannot speak of this to Rainbow Dash. If she finds out, she will either tear Polar Whirlwind to shreds or she would tear Soarin' to shreds."

Alicorn Twilight spoke, "Then it is settled, we have to keep Soarin's love for Polar Whirlwind a secret to Rainbow Dash. But I hope this turns out well."

Legendary Spyro said, "I hate it too, but if Rainbow Dash finds out and tears one of them to shreds, I wouldn't be able to forgive myself."

Drobot asked, "You speak as if you have a crush on Rainbow Dash?"

Legendary Spyro replied, "I guess you're right, I do."


Meanwhile at Kaos' Kastle, Kaos was finally able to strike back at the Skylanders when he discovered,

"What? An Anniversary for the Skylanders' Arrival in Equestria? Those puny ponies have the nerve to do that for them!" His Troll Butler, Glumshanks said, "Do you really think you should strike at them during their anniversary party?"

Kaos glared, "Of course, Glumshanks! I would humiliate them for what they done to me!!! But I will unveil my new Evilizer!!!"

Glumshanks asked, "What does the Evilizer do?"

Kaos said, "It will turn any creature from Skylands and Equestria, evil! I will have my revenge on those Skylanders for ruining my plans back in Arkus." He stared at two purple dragon dolls on his windowsill, "You will not humiliate me again, Spyro and Spike!" He laughed manically as he prepared his Evilizer for usage in Equestria.


On the night of the celebration, The Skylanders were doing well for keeping Rainbow Dash out of the loop of what was happening with Soarin'. They managed to keep Soarin's secret love for Polar Whirlwind quiet, so everything won't go sideways for them. Soarin' is in a relationship with Rainbow Dash, but he's thinking of breaking up with her for Polar Whirlwind. There is no way to avoid it from happening. All the others had to do was, make sure Rainbow Dash doesn't find out ahead of time.

The Anniversary festival was starting and Master Eon was going to announce it, along with the Royal Sisters. They stood at the podium until everypony went silent, Princess Celestia went first,

"Tonight, my little ponies is a very special night that we should celebrate. One year ago on this very night, my sister saw eight symbols launch four orbs which landed in Equestria."

Luna continued, "It wasn't until the next day that we discovered that the Skylanders have arrived on this night."

Master Eon finished, "As Portal Masters, we welcome everypony to the anniversary of the Arrival of the Skylanders."

As everypony cheered as the festival was about to start until a certain evil Portal Master yelled from the crowd,

"Eon!! I see you've obtained a new body, but this!! Have you lost your place as a Portal Master! As I, Kaos, am a true Portal Master, one who doesn't have a pony body!"

Eon looked at the small, Portal Master emerging from the crowd, "Kaos, I never thought we would meet again. Even when you didn't have your holographic head, your head still looked ridiculous."

Kaos looked angry, "My head is still awesome even without the holographic head! And now I have come to unveil my newest creation!" He reveals a machine behind him, "Behold, my Evilizer! And with it, I can turn any creature or pony, Evil!!"

The other Skylanders emerged from the Town Hall as Polar Whirlwind said, "Don't catch a gust before you use it." Kaos said, "Oh really?" He activated his Evilizer and pointed it at Polar Whirlwind, but nothing happened. Kaos angrily said, "Curse this stupid machine!!"

Kaos was hit by an Apple Pie, hurled by Soarin' saying, "No one threatens to turn Polar Whirlwind evil, or else they would deal with me." Kaos held up a sign saying,

'Mother.' The evil portal master got a filet full of hooves before he had enough and Eon sent Kaos back to Skylands. But Soarin's threat to Kaos got a face-palm for some of the Skylanders and a sight of shock from Rainbow Dash thinking,

"He doesn't love me? I...I can't believe it."

Rainbow Dash separated from the other Skylanders and went someplace to be alone, not until Legendary Spyro noticed and decided to follow her.


Rainbow Dash was pouting at the fact that Soarin' loves Polar Whirlwind. She was thinking that she would never find another stallion like him or she would've torn either him or Polar Whirlwind to shreds. Until Legendary Spyro approached her, he said,

"Rainbow Dash, I know its hard for you to find out that Soarin' loves Polar Whirlwind. But there is something, I've wanted to tell you for a while." The Pegasus asked, "And what is that?"

The Skylander Variant replied, "Ever since I first saw you, I've been thinking about our similarities. So far, We are both fast and we both like to fly."

Rainbow Dash asked, "What are you trying to say, Legendary Spyro?"

Legendary Spyro said, "Rainbow Dash, I love you."

The Pegasus said in surprise, "You...love me, this whole time?"

The Variant nodded, "I wouldn't think of any mare or dragoness to be with, but I want to be with you. Our race last week proved that we are alike."

Rainbow Dash paused for moment as Legendary Spyro waited for any signs of rejection until she grabbed the dragon with her wings and connected her lips with his.


At the Celebration, Spike went up to Master Eon and asked, "I'm wondering what happened to our EQG friends after we left?

Master Eon smiled, "I observed that universe before coming to the celebration and it shows that Dog Spike transformed into a human teenager. The EQG Mane 6 and your newly created human counterpart miss the Skylanders, they miss you."

Spike smiled at what Eon has given him until the Alicorn said, "You better enjoy the celebration because you have a marefriend who is waiting for you."

Spike realized, "I should go see Rarity, its the perfect night for a date."

Master Eon gazed at the approaching couple as Spike left, "Rainbow Dash and Legendary Spyro are now together. I think they will be great together."

Princess Luna asked, "When will they ever seal the deal?" Eon replied, "Only time will tell."

Princess Celestia joined, "Its nice to see my son with Rarity. He's acted like a gentledrake to her ever since he met her."

Master Eon spoke, "I've also invited somepony else." Queen Fausticorn appeared from the Town Hall and said,

"This Anniversary party is amazing. I know Pinkie Pie helped with the decorations."

The Portal Master replied, "The Skylanders helped with the rest, your Highness."

Celestia said, "Mother, I never thought that you would be here for the Arrival Celebration."

Fausticorn replied, "No need, Tia. I will always be here for Celebrations, either here or in the Equestrian Isles."

Luna asked, "Mother, can we join the others?"

Master Eon replied to Fausticorn, "You should go join the others, I will join soon enough."

Polar Whirlwind was locking wings with Soarin' as they walked throughout the festival. The played some of the festival games, went on the Ferris wheel and danced the night away. It was truly a marvelous sight.


Meanwhile, Kaos was back at his castle saying, "I will get my revenge, Skylanders. Just you wait!!!"

Author's Note:

So, I guess that Legendary Spyro has a new marefriend. You guys think that they would make a great couple, just leave a comment of your opinion.

PreviousChapters Next