• Published 14th Aug 2013
  • 11,121 Views, 361 Comments

Skylanders X MLP - Skylander545



After Kaos destroys the Core of Light, the Skylanders were not banished to Earth, but they were sent to Equestria on an entirely new mission. The Mane 6 will join forces with the Skylanders.

  • ...
23
 361
 11,121

PreviousChapters Next
Revelations

Whirlwind has decided to take the Oracle's advice and journey to Avalar and find the Chronicler. As she packed the things she needs for her trip, Rainbow Dash asked, "Why are going to find this Chronicler anyway?"

The hybrid turned to the pegasus, "I need to find out who I am and where I really come from."

Rainbow replied, "Don't you already know where you come from?"

Whirlwind said, "But this place is all too familiar, like I was here before our arrival and it doesn't mean Spike turned into me during the Gala before we arrived."

Rainbow Dash said, "If you are going to find yourself, then I'm coming with you." Suddenly, Scootaloo popped out of Whirlwind's bag, "So am I." Whirlwind was thinking that it must be hers alone, but its best if somepony goes with her. She smiled, "Okay, we'll find the Chronicler together."


As the trio arrived at the Portal Chamber to find Master Eon teaching Celestia and Luna the way of transporting someone to somewhere throughout Skylands. Eon saw the three and asked, "Is there something we can do?"

Whirlwind replied, "We need to get to Avalar."

The Alicorn Portal Master replied, "Avalar?"

Rainbow Dash spoke, "Whirlwind is trying to search for an Ancient Dragon called..."

"The Chronicler." Interrupted Princess Luna.

Luna continued, "I've heard about this Chronicler, he is said to chronicle many triumphs and failures of any age."

Princess Celestia replied, "The Chronicler himself is known to live on an island near the outskirts of Avalar."

Whirlwind asked, "Can you send us to Avalar?" Princess Celestia nodded and hoped that hers and Luna's training pays off.

The Portal of Power glowed to show an image of a valley with a river and waterfalls. There is also a settlement inhabited by Cheetahs, Whirlwind pointed, "We have a friend at that village. Send us there."

The Royal Sisters activated the Portal and the trio stepped on. In a flash of light, Whirlwind, Rainbow Dash and Scootaloo disappeared.


As they reappeared, they were in the center of the Cheetah Village. They approached Chief Prowlus, Whirlwind asked, "Chief Prowlus, We need to speak with Hunter."

The Village Chief spoke, "Hunter went down-stream to search for a Sorceress this morning and didn't come back."

Rainbow Dash said, "Hunter's the friend you were talking about?"

Whirlwind replied, "He's a good archer and an excellent tracker. Not to mention, Spyro trusts him."

Chief Prowlus pointed, "Hunter was tracking the Sorceress near the Supply Cave, I suggest you start there."

The trio left the village and began to head for the Supply Cave to find either Hunter or the Sorceress he was tracking. They glided along the river while carrying Scootaloo to reach the cave. Scootaloo asked, "Is this where you once lived? Avalar, I mean."

Whirlwind replied, "Avalar is my home, Scootaloo. But I don't even know if I was born here."

Rainbow Dash replied, "When we find this Chronicler, then we can find out."

As soon as they arrived at the supply cave, they began searching for Hunter. But what they didn't notice was an old enemy from Malefor's army, a Grublin Fly. The creature noticed the trio and began to sneak its way to them.

On the other end, a hooded creature began to make its way towards the trio as well. When it snapped a branch, grabbing their attention, it hid. Whirlwind could've sworn that someone was following them.

Then a burst of green magic zoomed passed them and struck the Grublin as an arrow finished it off. The trio saw the source of the magic flee, but Rainbow Dash fired a Rainbow Ring to trap it. When they reached the source and removed the hood, Whirlwind was shocked to realize that the attacker is a female rabbit Sorceress, someone who Whirlwind recognized by name,

"Bianca?"

The Sorceress replied, "Whirlwind?"

Scootaloo asked, "You two know each other?"

Bianca replied, "We've known each other since we met in the lost Dragon and Unicorn nation. I was an apprentice to a much more evil sorceress who planned on destroying the Unicorns and Dragons for Immortality. I warned Whirlwind about her plans and helped stop my former teacher from committing genocide."

Rainbow Dash asked, "Where's Hunter?" Until a voice spoke as a cheetah dropped from the tree, "I'm right here. And I see that we both managed to take down the Grublin that attempted to sneak up behind you three." The trio looked at where the archer pointed as the charred body of the Grublin was shown before bursting into gems. The filly in the group was amazed while Dash was shocked that it attempted to sneak attack them. Whirlwind understood Hunter and Bianca's reason and now decided to explain why they are here,

"We need to get to the White Isle."

Hunter replied, "There is an airship station in Warfang. We'll take you three to the Forbidden Tunnel, it leads straight to the Dragon City. But once we get you to the Airship, we won't be accompanying you to the White Isle."

Whirlwind nodded, "I understand."

Once they reached the far end of the valley where the entrance to the Forbidden Tunnel was located. Hunter and Bianca stood at the entrance and opened it. Scootaloo asked as the cave seemed to frighten her a bit, "Do we really have to go in there?"

Bianca replied, "If we move quickily, we should be able to reach the Dragon City by Day-break."


After a long trek to the tunnel, Hunter felt the ground and said, "We are close."

Rainbow Dash spoke, "About time we reached the Dragon City!"

Scootaloo asked, "What's so special about this place?"

Bianca replied, "The Dragon City was built by the Moles to honor their friendship with the Dragons. The city is now a reminder of what happened during the war."

Scootaloo was shocked, "Moles making friends with Dragons? Now I've seen everything." The group entered the city and noticed a squadron of dragons flying around, from the big dragons to the little hatchlings, statues of dragons that may have been from ages ago, most likely dating back to the founding of the city. They saw the docked airship near the gates. Whirlwind turned to the Archer and the Sorceress, "This is where we part ways. We like to thank you for getting us to the Dragon City."

Bianca replied, "It is what friends are for."

As the trio boarded the Airship, they waved bye to their friends. They now set off for the White Isle. Well the ship was going to pass over the Isle, so they have no choice but to jump ship as it reaches the Island.


It was a couple days from when they departed that they reached the White Isle. Just as they planned, they jumped ship and free-fell to the island.

While Whirlwind was in freefall, she had Scootaloo on her back as she felt a Rainbow Energy build up around her horn and soon around herself and the filly. It was when her speed reach its peak that the hybrid sped forward in an impressive speed as she left an explosion of rainbows behind her. Rainbow Dash was shocked when she saw Whirlwind create a Sonic Rainboom, she sped to the landing zone to ask Whirlwind about it.

As they landed at the Courtyard of an observatory, Scootaloo said, "You've just performed a Sonic Rainboom with me on your back! That was awesome!"

Whirlwind rubbed her wing on her head, "It was nothing."

Scootaloo asked, "You call performing an amazing feat that has not been seen since Rainbow Dash, nothing?"

Whirlwind replied, "My mother taught be how to harness Rainbow energy during my isolation, she too possessed Rainbow energy."

Rainbow Dash asked, "But you had your wings against your side and you were falling fast. Why didn't you open them?"

Whirlwind replied, "A little trick taught by my father."


After their conversation, they entered the celestial caves of the White Isle and continued to find the Chronicler's chamber, they seemed to noticed a frozen bandicoot beneath the floor, passed through a chamber that possessed challenges for a Purple Dragon and entered what looked like a library, but bigger and had an hourglass in the center of the room. Rainbow Dash was thinking that if Twilight was here, she would be having a field day. The trio explored around the room until they saw a book floating by itself to a Dragon wearing a chronicler outfit. The dragon said,

"I see Octavius managed to tell you about me. I am very pleased with him."

Whirlwind said in surprise, "The Chronicler!"

The Chronicler replied, "There is no need to call me that, for it is just a title. My real name is Ignitus, the Fire Guardian or at least, I used to be." He turned his attention to the trio, "I know why you are here, Whirlwind. You hope to uncover your past and you shall." The book moved towards Whirlwind as Rainbow Dash and Scootaloo saw it open, "This is your family story as well as your birth." Ignitus began to narrate...

"Though there had been many tales of dragons throughout the ages, none are more astonishing as a hybrid such as yourself. This tale began a long time ago in Equestria, there was a blue dragon, born and raised in Equestria, shunned by the dragons due to his unique feathered wings. The dragon was raised by a researcher at a well.-known school in the capital city. It was there that his name would go from a unique dragon to one of the most memorable celebrities ever to grace the skies. He never bothered for the attention since he was doing what he loves the most, but his attention caught the eyes of a young unicorn mare, who was the sister of the dragon's pegasus schoolmate. After meeting each other at the Grand Galloping Gala, the two felt a spark deep within their heart - True Love at First Sight. Although they had support from the dragon's friends of their love, her parents didn't like the dragon due to personal vendettas and arranged her marriage to an ever-so hoity toity stallion. This was around the time Starswirl discovered Skylands and many researchers were sent there, Faust included."

A picture of a Pegasus stallion with a Rainbow mane appeared, Rainbow Dash said, "That's my Dad!"

Ignitus continued, "After the dragon met with a saddened mare, the brother and his marefriend began to explain to the parents that the Unicorn's love for the dragon was too great to be separated, but they didn't listen."

There was an image of a pink Pegasus mare with a blue mane, Rainbow Dash said, "Thats my Mom's old look!"

"So while the mare stayed with the dragon at his house, the brother and his girlfriend went directly to Faust and explained their situation. Faust understood their intention since no pony should suffer being torn away from the one you love. In a act of sympathy, she took the Unicorn mare and the Dragon to Skylands to be married where they have lived in Avalar as their new home."

An image appeared to show a hybrid hatchling in the forehooves of the mother in at Ponyville Hospital as the proud parents introduced their daughter to the smiling Pegasus couple as they did the same with their own daughter before the new family returned to Skylands, Ignitus said,

"And there's little Whirlwind." The hybrid smiled at that picture of her and her family together.

Rainbow Dash surprised as she began to put the pieces together, "M-My Dad had a sister...and if the unicorn is his sister and she's Whirlwind's mom? That means..."

Ignitus finished, "You parents wanted to make sure that your Father's sister was happy, they also kept their involvement and your Aunt and Uncle a secret. But now that you both are here and seeing this story before your very eyes, it means that your family secret is revealed. Rainbow Dash, meet your cousin, Whirlwind." Shocked by all of this, Rainbow Dash and Whirlwind said, simultaneously,

"COUSINS!?!?!?"

Scootaloo said, "That means, you are both awesome in the same way." The pegasus filly was bouncing around in excitement. The two cousins were now in a shock to discover their family secret. Ignitus said,

"You two cannot see your relation as an anchor, but as a reminder of the bond you two share. You both possess the Rainbow ability, you both can summon Tempest clouds and you both can perform the Sonic Rainboom." Rainbow Dash said, "Thank you, Ignitus for...I don't know letting us know that we are cousins."


As the trio returned to Equestria, not before releasing a previously frozen bandicoot, Whirlwind was introduced to Rainbow Dash's father and Rainbow Dash's mother. They were happy to see their niece for the very first time.

Whirlwind was reunited with her Unicorn mother, Spectra and her Dragon father, Storm Breaker. Rainbow Dash's father was also reunited with his sister again.

As for Scootaloo, she started a combined fan club for Whirlwind and Rainbow Dash called the 'Whirlwind and Rainbow Dash Fan Club' the members wore the Rainbow manes to signify Rainbow Dash and this time, they wore pointy ears to signify Whirlwind.

The other Skylanders see the cousins fly around Cloudsdale together and even collapse on a cloud laughing about. They all smiled to see them happy because after everything that she went through during her upbringing - Whirlwind has a family who loves her.

Author's Note:

So there it is, Whirlwind and Rainbow Dash are revealed to be cousins. The frozen bandicoot was a reference to the frozen Crash Bandicoot in Spyro: The Eternal Night.

PreviousChapters Next