• Published 23rd Feb 2012
  • 27,350 Views, 600 Comments

The Married Life - Legacy55



With Celestia pregnant, Discord is forced to change his chaotic ways in order to be a proper father.

  • ...
30
 600
 27,350

Father Discord

Discord arched his back, stretched out his arms, and let out a long yawn. Through weary eyes he glanced at his surroundings, and he quickly remembered that he was at Twilight’s. After spending the day organizing the library… well more like watching as she strictly told him not to touch any of the books… she graciously offered for him to spend the night there. He had conjured up a comfy hammock of clouds and slept in the main room. From the amount of sunlight that was pouring through the window, he assumed it was not long after sunrise.

“Twilight?” He called out, his voice echoing up the hallowed out tree. Hearing no response, he shrugged his shoulders and rolled off of his hammock. “I wonder if she has anything to eat…” He mumbled to himself, heading towards her kitchen. However, before he was able to plunder Twilight’s pantry, he spotted a pile of unorganized books. Wanting to impress the purple mare, he snapped his fingers and watched with a smile as they levitated themselves onto a nearby shelf. Seeing a job well done, he went about getting something to eat.

---------------

Twilight descended the stairs, yawning slightly as she reached the last step. “Morning, Discord.” She said upon the sight of him, as he was lounging back in his fluffy hammock, eating a cookie. Her cookies… “Discord! The Cakes just made those; I was saving them for a special occasion!”

“Hm?” He looked at her almost as if he had done nothing wrong. Swallowing the last bit of chocolaty goodness, he continued.

“I was just hungry, that’s all… You aren’t a very good host you know…”

“Couldn’t you have just made some appear?!”

“Well, yes, but it’s the principle of things! None of you seem to get it! I’m a prince, so I shouldn’t have to do everything myself.” Discord said, materializing a pair of sunglasses out of thin air. He placed them on his eyes before leaning back.

Twilight let out a frustrated sigh. There was just not winning with the Draconequus. She began making her way to the kitchen to find herself something to eat, but stopped when she noticed a certain pile of books missing. “Discord… Tell me you didn’t touch the books that were sitting there…”

“Huh?” He lifted his shades up to glance at her. “Oh, those? No need to thank me. I organized them myself this morning.”

“I told you not to touch anything!” She suddenly snapped at him. “I had all of those books in a separate pile so I could store them in the basement! Where did you put them?!”

“Uh… Over there, I think? Or no, maybe there… Wait…” He placed a talon under his chin as he scanned the bookcases, all of which looked identical.

“Argh! Now I have to reorganize everything!” Twilight yelled, using her magic to once again take down all the books.

“I could hel-”

“No!” She immediately cut him off. “Just get out of here before you ruin something else!”

Shrugging his shoulders he snapped his fingers and vanished, leaving the librarian to her tedious work.

-----------------------

Celestia gentled stirred her tea, watching as the small swirls disappeared into the dark, soothing drink. Her sister was going on yet another one of her rants on Discord, and she was looking for pretty much anything to amuse herself with.

“…And another thing, why do you let him deal with royal matters? The majority of the senators hate him, as all he does during meetings is daydream. He’s not fit to be a Prince!”

Sighing, she looked back up at her sister. “Luna… would it be too much to ask for you to get along with him for once?”

“Well, how can I?! He annoys me to all ends! I may have accepted your relationship with him, but I’m certainly not going to be friends with him!” Luna took another sip of her tea, admiring their peaceful setting as she did. They were currently sitting on a balcony that overlooked the gardens; it was truly a magnificent view, with the hedge garden and the many gorgeous statues all visible.

I think it’s about time I told her… I can’t keep putting this off… Placing down her drink, Celestia looked blankly down at the gardens. “Um… Luna… There’s something I need to tell you…”

“Yes, sister?”

“Well, you know how I went to the hospital yesterday?”

“Yes.”

“Well… The doctor had some… surprising news…”

“…And that was?” Luna asked, attentively awaiting an answer.

“I’m… um…” Celestia paused for a long moment. “…pregnant…”

“WHAT?!” Luna choked, spitting tea all over her sister. “Pregnant?!” She looked at her with wide eyes, her jaw hanging low.

Celestia brushed her wet mane from her face. “Yes…” The sun princess’s usual snow white coat was now stained a dark brown.

“But… but I thought you were just getting fat!”

“No…” She replied with an angry growl. “Three months along to be exact... I’m going to be seeing the doctor again next week.”

“I can hardly believe you! You two just got married, and now you’re already pregnant! What will that thing even look like? I can’t even imagine it…”

“That’s my child you’re talking about, Luna!” Celestia said sharply. “I’m sure it’ll turn out just fine, though I do have my doubts on which of us it will take after…”

Luna’s eyes suddenly went wide, and panic seemed to shoot through them. “Oh, merciful Lord… It’ll be like two Discords running around here! One is already enough!”

“Sister… I’m sure you’ll be fine. It’ll just be a baby after all…”

“But don’t you get it?! Discord is going to train it to endlessly annoy me, and then I’ll never have a moment of peace again! This is terrible!” Luna cried out, holding her face in her hooves.

“Well… I still need to tell Discord… I’ve decided I’ll break the news to him whenever he gets back.”

“Oh, when he gets back I’m going to beat the living hay out of him! This is all his fault! In fact, it’s probably just another one of his plans to make my life a living hell!”

“Luna.” Celestia looked at her sister with a sincere look. “Now you’re just talking crazy. Do you really think he would have a child just to annoy you?”

“Yes!”

She sighed. “Well, I certainly hope he takes it well. I’m in enough pain as it is…”

--------------------

“Hey, Discord! What brings you here?” Pinkie Pie shouted upon the sight of the Draconequus. She had just come from the kitchen of Sugarcube Corner, evident from the flour that covered her entire body.

“Oh, you know. Annoyed Luna again, stayed at Twilight’s, and got kicked out of her place for annoying her. Nothing new!”

“Well, that’s interesting. Want a cupcake? I just baked them!” Pinkie grinned, scurrying back into the kitchen to retrieve her sweets. She was back within an instant with a tray of delicious looking cupcakes sitting on her back.

“You know I can’t resist your cooking!” Discord grinned, snatching a cupcake and devouring it in one bite. “You’re a far better cook then Celestia… I still remember the last time she tried to cook dinner… gag!”

Pinkie giggled, “Oh, well thanks Discord! Speaking of the Princess, how’s she doing?”

“Same as always. A little bit too naggy now and then, but what can I do?” He shrugged.

“Well, I’m glad you two are happy! I always said you two were a perfect couple, and you do make the Princess so happy!” Pinkie grinned, placing the cupcakes onto a nearby display table. Not before taking a few for herself, that is.

“I think Luna’s had enough time to calm down by now. I really should be heading back to the castle, as Celestia is probably worried about me. Arrivederci, Pinkie!” He smiled to his pink friend, teleporting away instantly.

----------------------

Luna took the news better than I thought… Sure, she isn’t exactly thrilled about the idea, but it’s not like she’s downright refusing it like the wedding. Maybe Discord will take it well? Who knows, he might like the idea of having a child… The thought gave her a small glimmer of hope, and she smiled as she sat waiting. A servant brought in yet another daffodil sandwich with an extra large helping of hay fries. Normally food like this would never be served to royalty, but for some reason she had a craving for it, and as a princess, she pretty much got whatever she wanted.

A loud pop startled her and she dropped her sandwich. She glanced around for who she suspected to be Discord, and wasn’t surprised when she saw his smirking face from across the dining table.

“Dear wife! How good to see you. Has Luna finally cooled off?” He immediately cut to the chase, his eyes skimming across the room in paranoia. He was afraid that she was suddenly going to pop out of nowhere and assault him, and as such he was prepared for anything.

“No, not really… But there is something I need to tell you. Something important.” Seeing the seriousness in her voice, he quickly teleported beside her, waiting patiently for her to continue. “You see, when I went to the doctor’s yesterday… I got some surprising news…”

“…And that news is?”

“…I’m pregnant…”

Discord stared at her blankly, almost as if he hadn’t heard what she said. There was a long moment of painful silence where she studied his facial expression, trying desperately to sense his reaction. He just looked at her with no emotion on his face. There was neither smile nor frown.

Then, finally, Discord swallowed. “What?!?!” He yelled causing Celestia to jump back in fright. “Pregnant?!?! You can’t be serious!”

“I am! I know it’s surprising and all, but just think about it! You’re going to be a father!”

The words didn’t help. In fact, if anything, they seemed to make the situation worse. Discord looked away from her with his whole body trembling. She had never seen the Draconequus so shaken before, and it scared her a little.

“Father?! B-b-but I can’t be a father! I’m far too young! Just look at me! I still have a full head of hair!” Discord declared, running his claw through his short black mane.

“Discord, your well over a thousand years old…”

“Yes, but I’m just not ready to be a father! I still have so many years ahead of me, and so much chaos left to wreck!” He stared up into the vast ceiling, his mind trying desperately to adjust to this new drastic news.

“But Discord! This is my child; our child! You should be happy that we’re bringing something into this world!”

Discord sighed and he couldn’t even bear to look at his wife. “But I thought you were just getting fat!”

A scowl crossed Celestia’s face, but quickly vanished as she tried to remedy the situation. “Please, Discord… I know this won’t be easy, but we’ll deal with it together… You and me.” She held a hoof out.

He glanced at her hoof, and a long moment of silence passed between them. “I-I need some time to think… Alone…” He vanished and Celestia was left sitting in the dining hall.

That didn’t go well at all… I certainly hope that he changes his mind soon, for the good of us all…

-----------------------

Pregnant! I can’t believe it! This is certainly one thing I didn’t see coming! Discord thought silently to himself as he gazed at the nature around him. He was sitting in the Canterlot gardens, right on the spot where he had been alone for a thousand years. How long ago those times seemed, when he hated Celestia and wished nothing but harm upon her.

That had all changed, however, in a single night. She had visited him and poured her heart out to him, and finally they could fall in love. Thinking about it, he realized how plagued their relationship had been. From the days way back when, to the recent ones where Twilight and Luna tried to break them apart. It was almost as if fate didn’t want them to be together.

I love her, but… I’m just not ready to be a father! Getting married is one thing, but a child! The sheer amount of work to care for it is making my head hurt, not to mention I’ll be tied down for the rest of my life! What I need to do is live what little time I have left to the fullest, before I become a father…

This whole dilemma was really making him see how old he was, and how much he had been through his entire life. Now all that would change, and this single event was going to turn his life upside down. No more chaos… no more fun… Only… parenthood…