• Published 11th Aug 2013
  • 747 Views, 37 Comments

Wub Radio Part 2 - SuperPinkBrony12



A continuation of Wub Radio by Nexosaur. Vinyl Scratch works with other DJs on a special radio station with questions submitted by the listeners.

  • ...
1
 37
 747

Tuesday: Show #5 (Fan Mail 1)

"Man the fan mail just keeps pouring in!" Techbeat said "We're getting swamped with letters."

"There's got to be a solution." Zone said.

"I think I have an idea but I'll have to run it by Twirls." Vinyl Scratch said.

"And that would be?" Draft Punk asked.

"It's simple, we set aside at least one show each week to do fan mail and nothing else." Vinyl Scratch explained.

"Do you think that will work?" F3tlock asked.

"I think so." Vinyl Scratch said.

"Well now's your chance to ask him cause here he comes!" Zone said.

"Hey guys." Twirls said "You ready for another exciting show?"

"Sort of." F3tlock said.

"What do you mean 'sort of'?" Twirls asked.

"Vinyl has something to tell you." Techbeat said.

"Well out with it already! We don't have all night!" Twirls said.

Vinyl Scratch took a deep breath and explained to Twirls about the recent increase in fan mail. She then pitched her idea for a show dedicated entirely to reading and addressing them.

Twirls was needless to say a little reluctant to do such a thing at first. It took quite a bit of "persuasion" from his fellow DJs before he agreed to the idea. But like with the topics the fan mail had to had PG-13 or under. And everyone was responsible for checking and making sure the fan mail was appropriate.

"Okay then. Are we all set?" Twirls asked.

"Ready and waiting." Draft Punk said "You just say the word."

"Alright." Twirls said "But remember you guys talked me into this." The "ON AIR" sign in the corner of the room flickered on.

"Hello faithful listeners." Twirls addressed the audience "Tonight is the start of something a little different for us here at Wub Radio."

"That's right!" Vinyl Scratch said "We're going to be reading your fan mail live on air and responding to it. Consider it our way of saying 'Thanks for tuning in'. F3tlock why don't you get things started for us?"

"Sure thing Vinyl." F3tlock said, digging into the sack of recently sorted fan mail. He pulled out a letter and read it live:

Dear Wub Radio,

I just want to say I think you guys are awesome. Sometimes when I'm having trouble falling asleep I'll listen to you guys. And I think you're very kind.

Fluttershy

"So we've got three of those big shot national heros that everyone keeps talking about listening to us." Techbeat said "Intresting. As for you Miss. Fluttershy, well it always warms our heart to hear such good things. After all that's part of the reason why we started this station."

"How bout this one?" Zone asked, retriving another letter:

Dear Wub Radio,

I don't care if my older sister says I'm too young to be listening to these type of stations. I listen to you guys all the time.

You guys sound so cool. I wish I could be just like you when I grow up. Who knows? Perhaps my cutie mark is in DJing or something.

Sincerely,

Sweetie Belle

P.S. If Rarity asks tell her this was all a joke

"Heh don't worry Sweetie Belle your 'secret's' safe with us." Vinyl Scratch said "Besides we're PG-13. And if we do say something you don't understand you can just ask your sister. After all it's better then figuring stuff out on your own."

"So we have fans of all ages." Twirls said "Quite surprising actually but I suppose that's a sign we're doing something right."

"I wonder if we have any stallions or colts that like to listen to us?" Vinyl Scratch asked.

"Speak of the devil!" Draft Punk said "How bout you read this one Techbeat?"

"I don't see why not." Techbeat said:

Howdy there Wub Radio,

We here in Appleloosa may be new to this whole radio concept but you know what? We're fascinated by all of ya.

Whatever ya'll are doing up there in Canterlot don't stop. At this point I don't know what this town will do without ya.

Don't ever stop doing this,

Braeburn

"I didn't even know we could broadcast that far out." Vinyl Scratch said.

"Well you learn something new every day." F3tlock said "Now how bout you Vinyl Scratch? You want to pick out a fan mail to read?"

"It's like you just read my bucking mind!" Vinyl Scratch said "But I'll do it! Who knows maybe I'll get another one from Octy."

"Speaking of Octavia how are things going with her?" F3tlock asked.

"Fine I suppose." Vinyl said "But man is Octy a pain in the flank. I know this is her busy season but she's so bossy, at least first thing in the morning. Thank Celestia for coffee!" She then pulled a fan mail letter from the sack. It read:

Dear Wub Radio,

I know Twilight's going to kill if she finds out about this but I really love you guys. I just wish Twilight would let me make my own decisions.

I mean I'm not a baby dragon anymore. I can make my own decisions!

Sorry. Guess I'm just really fed up with my life right now. At least I have you guys to help me blow off steam.

Remember not a word of this to Twilight or you're dead.

Spike

"Poor Spike, I feel your pain bro." Vinyl Scratch said "I've seen you some of my gigs. Perhaps you could get Pinkie Pie to speak to Twilight on your behalf about your good behavior. And life may suck sometimes but don't let it get you down. Every cloud has a silver lining."

"Words of wisdom there Vinyl." Draft Punk said.

"I blame Tavia." Vinyl Scratch replied "She's always so bucking optimistic and it rubbed off on me. No offensive if you're listening Octy."

"I think we still have time for one more piece of fan mail." Techbeat said "And I think it's only fair if we let Twirls read it."

Twirls reluctantly complied. The letter he picked read:

Hi Wub Radio,

I have heard good things about you. You are on a device ponies call radio. You guys serve as gateway into pony world.

I just wish ponies did not fear me because of what I am. I mean ponies no harm. My friends would kill me if they found out I interact with upper world.

Diamond Dog

"A Diamond Dog listens to us huh?" Vinyl Scratch asked "Well that sounds...intresting. What do you guys think?"

"I don't care much either way." F3tlock said.

"Me personally I don't really trust Diamond Dogs but I guess this is an exception." Draft Punk said "Griffons are fine but Diamond Dogs are a little different. Still they're better then changelings."

"I have no comment." Techbeat said "I've never seen Diamond Dogs and hopefullyI never will."

"After all my time in the Griffon Kingdom dealing with the issues of civil rights I actually think the Diamond Dogs are a little better. At least when they aren't abducting ponies to work in their gem mines." Twirls said "Though I heard Miss. Rarity of Ponyville taught the leaders a lesson."

"Oh man now I wish I could've been there to see that!" Draft Punk said.

"Me too!" Techbeat chimed in.

"Well that's all for tonight folks." Twirls said "We hope you've enjoyed listening to us read your fan mail. Keep sending it in. We'll try to answer a few every other show or so. Until next time is Wub Radio signing off. Stay cool Equestria!" The "ON AIR" sign off flickered off.

"See that wasn't so bad now was it?" Vinyl Scratch asked.

"Guess you're right." Twirls said "Now you all go home and get some rest and I'll see you all back here for the next show."

Author's Note:

They can't say fucking on air because kids might be listening. They can say bucking as a subsitute since kids won't know what they're implying. It's the same with plot in place of ass.

Fan mail will be a weekly thing alongside reader's choice. Remember to keep suggesting more ideas.