• Published 11th Aug 2013
  • 375 Views, 0 Comments

Darkness Awakens 2: Chrysalis’ Duty - Tyler-the-Brony



Chrysalis struggles to find food for her dying race, until whispers of a land that would let her and all her race have gluttony instead of famine reach her ears. Part 2 of the Darkness Awakens Saga.

  • ...
 0
 375

Chapter 6: Wishing for Starvation

Chrysalis screamed, tears clouding her eyes, as she and her Changelings were blasted far from Canterlot’s borders. Each Changelings tears mixed with Chrysalis’ own as the fear of starvation pervaded their minds yet again. As Chrysalis screamed anew, she began to feel a few of her Changelings presences vanish entirely from her perception.

Opening her eyes in shock, Chrysalis heard a voice echo through her mind, stronger than the Hive whisper of any Changeling.

“You failed Chrysalis. I do not enjoy failure.” The voice resounded with composed anger around Chrysalis.

Chrysalis felt her eyes widen in fear and as she readied yet another scream, all light, sound, and sensation was taken from her as she came to an abrupt stop within an area of complete darkness.

“Why must my plans continue to fail before those ignorant Alicorns? True, with each Creator I may free a larger portion of my power from this place, but it is far from frequent and never as much as I imagine. At least the Changelings have instilled a primal fear in Equestria. That will have to be enough for now.” The voice echoed through Chrysalis now, and an odd form appeared to outline itself within the darkness, and began an odd pacing pattern for a few moments.

“What are you saying? Do you mean that you used me for your own devices? Me and my starving subjects?! Was any of what you said true?!” Chrysalis demanded of the voice, feeling a cold grasp slam her muzzle shut a moment later.

“You are a part of my plan, but your failure is not the same as mine Chrysalis. My Will gave you power, enough to defeat even Celestia. That meddlesome couple has shifted my plans thanks to you, but it is of no true consequence. All I do is to free myself from the Discarded Realm, and I will not be denied forever.” The voice held irritation within it, though it faded away with its next words.

“With the fear of the Changelings permeating Equestria, I have managed to cast a haze just above Celestia and Luna’s sky, and with it there, they won’t be able to anticipate or stop my next plan so easily. For the fear to remain with them though, I’m afraid you’ll need to take an extended absence from Equestria my dear Chrysalis.” The voice laughed at Chrysalis as she screamed and began to struggle as parts of her body faded into the ambient darkness.

Chrysalis’ eyes widened with fear for a moment as her body completely entered the ambient darkness, before passing into unconsciousness just as the voice sounded an echo over the frozen north of Equestria.

“Rise King Sombra. The crystal ponies have not forgotten your tyranny, but many others have. Remind them all of the power you wield and the fear you instil. Your time has come anew your Majesty.” The voice laughed maniacally as a tremendous crack appeared in the ice and a shimmering city slowly came into view a ways away.

Comments ( 0 )
Login or register to comment