• Published 8th Sep 2013
  • 5,383 Views, 163 Comments

The Twixie Show - Captain Lunar



Watch as Princess Twilight Sparkle and wife Trixie Lulamoon-Sparkle, deal with everyday life.

  • ...
31
 163
 5,383

An Awkward Dinner

"TRIXIE WAKE UP! I HAVE GOOD NEWS!" Twilight yelled as she ran into her bedroom, using her magic to yank the bed sheets off Trixie.

"It's too early for good news." Came Trixie's muffled reply, having buried her head under both pillows.

"Trixie, it's noon." Twilight said with a hint of annoyance as she levitated the pillows off Trixie's head.

"Your point being?" Trixie said her eyes leveled at her wife, filled with both tiredness and annoyance.

"I told you to stop taking gigs outside Ponyville. You walk all the way to Celestia knows where two days ahead of time and by the time you get back you're exhausted beyond belief because you refuse to take a train unless I come with you!" Twilight said, a little harsher than she meant to.

"So you expect Trixie to just give up her career?!" Trixie snapped back, her usually thin patience already worn by a long trip and little sleep.

"I'm just saying you don't need to go do big shows when you don't have to! I mean I am a princess so that means I get more than enough...." Twilight started, but was cut off by Trixie, who by this time had leapt off the bed and now stood barely inches way from the purple alicorn.

"Money?! You think that's the only reason Trixie works herself to the bone?! Trixie does it to feel useful!" The blue unicorn snapped as she marched back into bed, yanking the covers over herself in a huff.

"Fine! You wanna play it that way, then be my guest! If you need me I'll be over at Luna's which is where, by the way, we were invited to dinner tonight!" Twilight shouted at the lump under the blanket as she teleported out of the room.


"And don't even get me started on the fact that she begs me to turn her into an alicorn ever other day and sulks like a baby when I tell her I can't!" Twilight ranted, sitting at a dinner table with Luna and Chrysalis, as both looked at the young alicorn with expressions of both shock and uncomfortableness.

"Yes that does sound a tad extreme, but Chrysalis and I had some news that...." Luna started, only to be cut off by an irate Twilight.

"Oh you think that's extreme?! Let me tell you about....." The lavender alicorn began again, only to be cut off when the front door to Luna and Chrysalis' private estate slammed open. They heard slow hoof steps, until in the doorway to the dinning room stood a rather mangled looking Trixie.

"You could have MENTIONED the fact this place had a security fence!" Trixie practically shouted.

"It's your own fault Trixie. If you hadn't overreacted this morning..." Twilight began, but was stopped by Trixie.

"Oh! Trixie was the one who overreacted?! Trixie wasn't the one who ran off the second things didn't go how she liked!"

"This is just like you! Blame everypony else, but yourself! All because I dared to make the suggestion of not doing out of town shows!"

"TRIXIE DOES IT FOR THE MONEY!" Trixie shouted back, her voice fully raised.

"WHY?! WE HAVE MORE THAN ENOUGH!"

"TRIXIE KNOWS THAT! SHE JUST WANTED TO HAVE HER OWN SO SHE COULD BUY YOU THIS STUPID ANNIVERSARY PRESENT!" Trixie yelled one final time as she used her magic to summon a small box and throw it at Twilight's hooves. Trixie then ran out leaving a stunned Twilight. She looked at the box and opened it, revealing a necklace with a small pendant. It was a star and a wand.

"Um, please excuse me." Twilight said as she teleported back home to wait for Trixie, leaving both Chrysalis and Luna stunned.

"I guess we can tell them about the wedding tomorrow." Chrysalis said as she continued eating.

"I suppose so. It's your fault we have to get married this soon anyway." Luna said as she used her hoof to rub her stomach.

"Hey I told you from the beginning Changelings don't have a gender as you ponies would understand it."

Author's Note:

Sorry if this was too short and lacking any comedy, but this is a bit of an introduction to a story arc I'm gonna be doing with this story. To make it more than just random incidents.

Also to explain Chrysalis' last statement and the implications of her and Luna together, here's a bit of my head cannon regarding Changelings.

All Changelings have both male and female reproductive organs. Changeling chooses to be male or female at a young age, usually around 8 or 12. It's basically the Changeling equivalent to earning a cutie mark. However this is purely a societal and psychological role, meaning that a confirmed "male" is far less likely to want to get pregnant and have foals. It's not uncommon for "males" to want to get pregnant, but it's somewhat looked down upon within the hive as many feel they're being "wishy washy". The same thing applies to "female" Changelings as they're just as capable of getting another Changeling pregnant, for obvious reasons.
Though if any of these situations happen with a pony or some other species, the hive doesn't think about it one way or another since they actually have a bit of trouble distinguishing other races genders. Basically they're just as confused about other species genders as other species are about theirs. When around others they just tend to mime what they hear other species call male and female, but never QUITE get it unless enough time is spent among other species such as Chrysalis has.