• Published 10th Aug 2013
  • 2,720 Views, 38 Comments

N1GH7M4R3 M00N - fallen starr



Luna writes to Twilight asking for help making friends. When Twilight mentions it to Pinkie, she suggest video games.

  • ...
5
 38
 2,720

N1GH7M4R3 M00N

"So…why is Princess Luna coming to Ponyville again?" Pinkie asked. The crisp November air blew a few fallen leaves around their hooves as she and Twilight walked from the Library to Sugar Cube Corner.

"After Nightmare Night last week, she wrote me a letter asking about friends. After the town stopped being afraid of her, she really had a great time. Did you know a colt told her she was his favorite princess?" Twilight smiled at the thought. "She wants me to show her how to make friends."

"Oh, I could show her. I'm friends with everyone." Pinkie grinned. "I could introduce her to Bon Bon, and Lyra, and Roseluck, and Colgate, and Doctor Whoves, and Noteworthy, and—"

"No, that won't work. She's a princess and ponies aren't going to treat her like a normal pony. They'll bow to her, and…" Twilight sighed. "This is hard. I need a way for her to make friends, without them knowing she's actually Princess Luna."

"So like video games."

Crinkling her brow, Twilight slowly shook her head. "No, I don't think she wants to look at characters on a screen all day. And those aren't real ponies anyway."

"Oh, Twilight. Have you never played over the Maginet?"

"Of course not," Twilight said with an almost offend look. "I don't play video games. They raise violence levels and—"

Pinkie giggled. "Don't be silly. You just make sure the Princess see me."


"…And that is how you work the system and controller. What'd'ya say we give it a try, huh?"

Princess Luna studied the controller held in her magic. "You say this is called a XCube? And we--I can talk to ponies and make friends with then by speaking into it?"

"First we need to set up a Cube account for you." Pinkie flipped through the menus with practiced hooves. Looking up at Luna, she asked, "So, what's your username going to be?"

"Username?"

"Yeah. It's the name you use when you're playing. It's what everyone will know you as."

Luna furrowed her brow in confusion. "Can I not just use Princess Luna?"

"Na, that names already taken. And a bunch of variations. I'm friends with at least three Princess Luna's."

"What? That is my moniker. We shall hunt these ponies and…” Noticing the wide-eyed looks from Twilight and Pinkie Luna stopped. "Ahem. What do you suggest?"

"Oh, how about Nightmare Moon?" Pinkie's smiled faded at Luna's deadpan look. "Or…not. I guess everlasting night is out too. Hmm…Starlit Glory. Falling Star. Swirling Stars. Pink Cupcakes. Oh, or chocolate cupcakes. With butter-rum frosting. And sprinkles!" Pinkie's eyes glazed over for a moment.

"Is the pink one okay?" Luna asked Twilight.

"She's fine," Twilight said. Clapping her hooves together in front of Pinkies face, the mare jumped.

"Oh, right, sorry. Usernames… I still totally think you should go with Nightmare Moon."

"Will ponies not be terrified?" Luna asked.

Pinkie giggled. "As if."

Luna paused, then nodded. "Very well."

"Aww," Pinkie sighed, "It's taken. Wait a second…'N1GH7M4R3 M00N' isn't though, is that okay?"

"Yes, Pinkie Pie."

Pinkie clapped her hooves together. "This is totally great! Now come on, let's play. You gaming, Twi?" Pinkie held up two more controllers.

"I..suppose I could try it."


"SUCK IT YOU BAG OF GOAT TAILS. SUCK. IT." Luna and Pinkie watched, wide-eyed, as Twilight's character snuck around the corner of a building and blasted the unicorn she had been fighting in the head. "Oh yeah, head shot. Who's the mare, huh? That's right, I am."

"Um…Twi," Pinkie said. "I think it's time to stop now."

Twilight glared over at Pinkie, before shaking her head. "Sure." She slipped off the headset and levitated the controller and headset to Pinkie. She grinned, before looking at the Princess. "What do you think, Princess? Will you like it?"

Luna's eyes were still wide as she slowly nodded.

"Never playing again," Pinkie muttered as she hid the set from Twilight.


Nearly a month after Luna's visit to Ponyville, Celestia was walking through Canterlot Castle, humming a Hearth's Warming song to herself. She smiled as she thought of the festivities the Empire would engage in the next day, the merriment of it all, and the second Hearth's Warming with her sister since the defeat of—

"TAKE PLEASURE IN ETERNAL NIGHT, VAGABOND. FEEL THE WRATH OF NIGHTMARE MOON!"

Celestia burst into Luna's chambers, magic already charged up. She wouldn't send her sister to the moon again, but she could teleport Twilight and her friends here in an instant. This Hearth's Warming holiday was not going to be messed up because her sister decided she wanted eternal night again.

Instead of the towering foe she had expected, Luna was sitting in a swivel chair in front of a computer. Taking a sip of a soda, she grinned at Celestia. "Hello, sister. Have you come to game? We have finally defeated our enemy, Nix182. We have been battling for weeks."

"Yeah, yeah, Moony, rub it in," came a mare's voice from the headset. "You just wait. I'll get you back next time. Not even the Princesses could save your sorry flank. And hey, I didn't know you had a sister. Do you guys live together? It's like two in the morning."

"Yes, we share a residence. I was just asking my sister if she wanted to play." Celestia shook her head fervently. "Ah, no, she isn't in the mood to game."

Laugher came from Luna's comm. System. "Celestia, Moony. Like, seriously, who taught you how to speak. You sound like Princess Luna when she tries to make speeches." Both mares in the room froze. "I mean, geez, she's my favorite and all, what with me being nocturnal, but some one needs to give that mare some catch up lessons."

"Princess Luna has a valid excuse for her speech differences. She was—"

"Yeah, yeah, on the moon and whatev. Tch. Like I care. She's a cool Princess and the world didn't end so who cares. Dude, you are so touchy when I bring up the Princesses. Are you going to tell me you are one or something?"

The other mares laughter reverberated through the room. The Princesses looked at each other. "I must go." Luna reached up and turned off the headset. "How did she know?"

"It was a joke, Luna. She doesn't know. So…this is what Twilight Sparkle gave to you to help you make friends." Celestia sighed. "It worked, at least…so, would you like to play together?"

When the time came to raise the sun, Celestia and Luna were both sound asleep in front of the console.

Author's Note:

Just a stupid one-shot I wrote. I know it isn't good or anything. I just wanted the idea outta my head, to be honest. It started out as this serious thing, but I swear, by the fourth line I was like 'screw it, I'm just going to write' and yeah this is what happened. Anyway...while you're here, wanna share your thoughts?

And please, tell me why you down vote if you do. I mean, if it's cause of the content, it's pretty much supposed to be this silly.

Comments ( 38 )

Tch, video games don't increase violence...

"SUCK IT YOU BAG OF GOAT TAILS. SUCK. IT."

*cowers in fear* never mind

Reminds me of a CoD player....but 20 % cooler. :facehoof:

upvote because of awesome
:eeyup:

Short and sweet. Just the thing to read to finish out the day. You've earned a like.

Well, I never did that when I kill someone in Minecraft... Well, time to ho digging!

Diggy diggy hole, diggy diggy hole.

That was great one shot :D Concept maybe little exploated (mostly in comics) but still well written

3019946 thanks!

3020006 Haha, I agree, actually. But Twi seems like the kind who couldn't really handle it...:twilightblush:

3020837 Thanks!

3021036 Umm...this is pretty much it, actually.

3021177 3021295Thank you. Glad you liked it. :twilightsmile:

3021548 ha, yeah, but that wasn't really minecraft.

3021656 Yeah, I know it's a bit used up, but eh. I'm glad you like it even still. Thank you.

fucking awesome.
i knew twily couldn't handle the POWER that is online fragging.

"Of course not," Twilight said with an almost offend look. "I don't play video games. They raise violence levels and—"

troll.me/images/angry-samuel-l-jackson/angry-samuel-l-jackson.jpg

3023689

I know, I'm just comparing the game they were playing to a game I am familiar with playing.

3023689
Maybe, I mean, just look at how being tardy made her go crazy. I would still love to have Twilight actually be a gamer. The raging can sometimes be hilarious, especially in this case.

twilight is an huge egghead! video games don't increase your violence! in fact, they actually help your hand-eye coordination.
:facehoof:

Another story about Luna playing videogames..... why am I not surprised.

This is a good one. :twilightblush:

Just a stupid one-shot I wrote. I know it isn't good or anything.

Don't sell yourself short. This was great.

3023799 haha, yeah. Twi is...well, Twi :twilightblush:. Thanks!

3027796 With all the hours I've logged into video games, I gotta say I disagree. I'm a total klutz. Of course, maybe it's just the games I play? No FPS or anything. Stuff like Portal, Dragon Age, and Kingdom Hearts is what I like.

3030818 thank you. :pinkiesmile:

3035723 thank you.:pinkiehappy: That makes me feel better, truly.

3035793 yeah, it really only applies to video games where you have to move your hands pretty quickly. kingdom hearts is close, though :twilightsmile:

Good there wasn't any ten year old's in this fiction.:rainbowlaugh:

Not good? MOAR GAMER LUNA :flutterrage:

That was... A thing... That happened o.O

Great story!:pinkiehappy: You can never have too much Gamer Luna!:eeyup:

Luna, you haven't lived until you've played Majoras Mask

ITS GREAT
MORE MORE MORE

3020006
Damn it. I was gonna do that joke.

I've always liked the "Twilight's a violent, curse laden gamer" fanon.

I want to read more of this story line.

Comment posted by The Dankest Meme deleted Jan 12th, 2014

Haha need more of these one shots!!

Awesome, you should post more! :heart:

You forgot to add Pinkie into the main characters.

3024048 Dude chill it's only certain video games. Take CoD for instance,cause that game REALLY pisses me off.

Luna= best princess, followed by discord (season 4 finale) and twilight sparkle. It would be awesome to game with princess Luna! The xp hath been doubled then!

I know you called this a one-shot, but I want more. MOAR.

More Moony and Nix banter. Celestia's freakout when she heard Luna shout about eternal night? Loudest I've laughed all day.


MOAAAAAAAAAR!!!

derpicdn.net/img/2014/11/6/759333/full.gif

Bloody awesome! I really liked it...and we need a sequel!!
YOUR PRINCESS DEMANDS IT!!
files.abovetopsecret.com/files/img/ws4ee8af02.jpg

Stupid nothing, I was dying (literally coughing) from laughter in seeing that mid part of Twilight getting a little TOO into the gaming moment.

Login or register to comment