• Published 9th Aug 2013
  • 2,133 Views, 48 Comments

The New Beginning - Dress72



"I was a human once, I think. Now, for some reason, I'm a pony. The only reason that I know that I was once a human, are accounts of others and returning memories."

  • ...
10
 48
 2,133

08 Memory's Prank

I walked into Rarity’s Boutique with Rainbow Dash, as a trio was exiting. I heard a monolog from Rarity, but didn’t catch most of it, something about being a star. Anyways, I asked Rarity to make me a vest like garment that covered my wings, and was asked, in turn, to stand on the dais in the main room, where I noticed Fluttershy in an extravagant dress. “That is a lovely dress you have on Fluttershy.”

“Oh, um, thank you… Rarity made it for a photo shoot.” Came the shy response.

“Is that why that trio was here?”

“Oh yes. Rarity met Photo Finish, who complimented her hat, and Rarity asked me to model for her. I just couldn’t refuse.”

“So: Hat = Photo shoot… weird.”

“All right, this should only take a few minutes.” Rarity called, finally emerging with a pink fabric that matched my current fur color. She levitated the fabric over to me and wrapped a section around. Next she cut the fabric in the appropriate places and sewed them together. Lastly, she put buttons on the chest portion and we were done. “How is that White Wind, or should I say Red Cloud.”

I looked into a mirror that was floated over to me, and I expanded my wings, causing the buttons to come undone. “Perfect.” I said, “How much do I owe you?”

“Don’t worry about it. After all, we are business partners, even if we mess around sometimes.” She gave me a wink to let me know she was messing with everyone there, so I played along.

“Yah, you seem to be the only one that fits that set of my personality.” The other ponies looked at us with a look of disgust and Spike looked at me with a hint of hatred.

“Your right, I certainly know how to get you going.”

“Yah, and doing it while others are present, just makes the whole thing, how do I say this, exciting?” The looks we were getting from everyone there finally set me off laughing, which sent Rarity laughing as well. It was a while before I could speak through the laughter, “You… you should have… have seen you faces.” A new fit of laughter struck me as I remembered the faces they made.

“You thought that we… were talking about…” Rarity had taken over but was unable finish the sentence.

“Wait, you two were just making sex jokes?” Twilight asked?

I was able to regain my composure long enough to at least partially answer the question, “Well, putting sexual innuendos into speech, then playing off the others last innuendo is quite fun, exciting even.” I laughed again at the reference to what I had just said. “Have a good day everypony, and dragon. Rarity, please don’t forget about the items I purchased from you, I would like to test the first one when it is done. And please don’t tell anypony about it. Secrets and all, you know. Although it could be obvious on what it is, but still.”

“You can pick up the first one four days from now. And don’t forget to come to my fashion show tomorrow.”

“Oh, of course.” I left after confirming my appearance.

The following day, I met up with Rainbow and the rest of the weather patrol. My first day of the job and I meet a rather nice pony named Derpy. She was a bit of a klutz but overall, was a good pony. The weather patrol cleared the skies with good time, and I was able to make it to the fashion show, only to learn that Rarity was in fit over her not the one becoming a star. I watched the show and saw Fluttershy looking extremely uncomfortable in the spotlight. I decided that I had seen enough so I told Rarity my excuses and seemingly left. After the show, when Fluttershy was alone, I went down to her with an offer.

“Hey Fluttershy.”

“Oh hey White Wind, how are you?”

“I am well, listen, if the modeling becomes too much for you, and I can see that it kind of is, you have access to my house. For some reason, the wind likes to carry it away from people that I don’t want in there. Still don’t know why the wind likes me so much, but hey, that’s a magical world for you.”

“Oh well, thank you, but um, my little forest friends…”

“They can go in to, I assure you.” I interrupted her.

“Oh thank you.”

“Don’t worry about it.”

After our talk, I decided to disappear for three more days, except for when I did the weather patrol. Fluttershy had also come to use the house to hide on the third day of my hiding. We chatted a bit before I put a different sticker over the one currently on, and went to pick up my first parachute from Rarity.

“Hello Rarity, you done with the first item?” I asked wearing the ‘vest’ she made me.

“Hello Red Cloud. Yes, it is right here.” She indicated to a pack that hid the fabric.

“Perfect. Should we test it out?” I said, putting the pack on and strapping myself into it. We walked to the open space behind Rarities house. Deploying the parachute, I it a gallop to get it open. Stopping and looking behind me, I saw that it was open, and catching the wind very nicely. “This is very nice Rarity, nice and sturdy, and it’s catching the wind how it is supposed to. Wow!” I complimented and shouted as the parachute picked me up. “This is perfect! Thanks for the wonderful first parachute! I’m looking forward to the next two!” I shouted behind me as I flew off. My next destination, Canterlot Castle.

Sailing was fairly easy with the modified parachute. Worked almost like a one for a human would. I reached Canterlot Castle in a little over 2 and a half hours, and landed on top of the highest spire, where I had seen a large, white pony with a mane that flowed against the current wind. It also had a horn and wings. ‘Haven’t seen that before.’ I thought, just before landing. Just as I planned, two guards flew up to where I was.

“Halt, you are under arrest for suspected assault on the princess.”

“Wow, already? Okay. As an earth pony, I can’t really get away now can I?” I asked. “Just let me pack this up. It would be a shame for it to tear it.” The guards complied, thinking that I was complying, and believing that I was an earth pony, and noticing I had nowhere to go. I took off my pack, packed up the parachute, put the parachute back on, not strapping it in, and the guards started to close in. “Well my good ponies,” I started, standing up on my hind legs, “I believe that this has been a fun little experiment. Now if you excuse me, I have places to be.”

I did a backflip off of the spire, surprising the two guards and the princess as I dropped past. The princess caught the backpack in her magical grip and I was left looking at her in the eyes, or rather, eye. “Welp Miss Princess Lady, I see you have my bag. If you want, you are welcome to try and figure out how it works, but when you are done, if you would be kind enough to send it to Ponyville, to a miss Rarity, then it would be much obliged. As for me, I will be taking my leave now.” With that, I slipped out of the pack, and dove, opening my hidden wings, and gripping the ‘vest’ in my mouth.

As you might be able to guess, I was caught in a magical grip. This time it wasn’t just an article I was wearing, but my actual body. I was floated back up to the Miss Princess Lady. I know, redundant. But you know, redundancy is redundant, making it an infinite loop of redundancy.

“Well then Mr.” her voice trailed off, “I’m sorry, I don’t know your name. And speaking of names, you will address me as either Princess Celestia, or Celestia.”

“Okay Miss Princess Lady.” I said showing her I understood, but wouldn’t change how I addressed her. I just got a very stern glare as I continued. “My name is Pink Bubbles. My family names their children based on their coat color, and last name comes when we get our cutie mark.”

“Well Mr. Pink Bubbles, but I do believe that that ‘cutie mark’ is a sticker,” she said as she took it off.

“Fine Miss Princess Lady, my name is Red Cloud” I admitted.

“Well Mr. Red Cloud, I still think that your ‘cutie mark’ is still a sticker” This time she ripped the sticker that was superglued to my rump off, causing me to yell.

“OW~!!! That one was superglued to me. Dang that hurt.” I looked back at my rump to see my original cutie mark. “Heh, that is weird, the cutie mark not only appears on the fur, but on the skin.”

“Now then, what is your real name?”

“My real name huh? I can’t quite remember my real name. Although I do go by White Wind.”

A memory swept over me, causing my head to pound. *‘I drifted into a palace square, revved my engine a couple of times, causing the guards to rush to my in attempt to stop me. I drifted in a circle as the guards got close, and the guards jumped back. I laughed as I attempted to drive back out of the palace square, but was blocked by police cars. I rushed them, ramming into the two cars in an attempt to escape. It worked to the extent that it allowed my car to get through, but failed by not actually letting my car get through. The door opened, and I was dragged out of the car by the police.’*

“You know, this reminded me of another time I was arrested by royalty.” I said a few seconds after I introduced my original alias.

“What are you talking about?” Celestia asked.

“Well Miss Princess Lady,” I was interrupted.

“I told you to call me Princess Celestia.”

“Okay. Like I was saying Miss Princess Lady, you might remember how I said I didn’t remember my name? Yah, that goes with the rest of my past. So if Miss Princess Lady will let me go, as I have done nothing but test after, and a good joke.” I swear that Celestia had been smiling the entire time, but that last time I said ‘Miss Princess Lady’ her smile faltered for a few seconds. It was kind of scary, but also funny that I was able to get her to crack, and I snickered a bit.

“You might not have been doing anything harmful, but I can still lock you up, you know, being Miss Princess Lady and all, I can do that kind of thing.”

“And I’m sure you are also capable of doing a lot of other things, Your Royal Miss Princess Lady Mare Pony.” Like I said redundancy is redundant, but hey, it is funny as hell. And adding to the name, got her eye twitching.

“Are you suggesting sex Mr. White Wind?” Celestia asked threateningly.

“One: if you are going to call me Mr., then please use my middle name Bond. Or if you are so inclined, you can call me Mister Commoner Man, or Lowly Mister Commoner Man Stallion Pony. Take your pick. And two: no, I was not suggesting sex what-so-ever, I was merely pointing out that you are able to do more than unlawful imprisonment. But if you are thinking about sex, then maybe I can help fulfill those thoughts, Your Royal Miss Princess Lady Mare Pony.” Oh how I love messing with ponies. So much fun. And oh, the poor little guards, and their uncomfortableness of this situation.

“Mr. White Wind, I assure you that your assumptions are incorrect.”

“Hey, I do believe that it was Your Royal Miss Princess Lady Mare Pony that was assuming things. I don’t like to assume things, because assuming makes an ass out of you and me. I don’t know about you, but I personally like being a pegasus, no offence to any donkey out there.”

“That’s it,” I think I finally got her to snap because her voice suddenly changed from gentle to a harsh, scary, loud one, “Take him to the prison.”

Author's Note:

Sorry for publishing this so late. I didn't feel like writing today. 11:35 pm PDT posted.
P.S. will most likely not post on the 17th due to lack of time.