• Published 9th Aug 2013
  • 2,134 Views, 48 Comments

The New Beginning - Dress72



"I was a human once, I think. Now, for some reason, I'm a pony. The only reason that I know that I was once a human, are accounts of others and returning memories."

  • ...
10
 48
 2,134

12 Memory's Decision

Two options, six weeks. Go home and live with my five year old son, who has no one else, and be empty inside from losing two loves of my life, or stay in Equestria, live happily with my love, Rainbow Dash, but leave son to fend for himself at the age of five.
___ ___ ___

Memories returned, and feelings realized. “Dashy. I love you.” I said out loud to everyone in the room. I heard the eight ponies gasp, just before I fell unconscious, and started reliving my memories.

I awoke to find the same eight gathered around me. At first I could only hear voices, as I had yet to open my eyes, but I knew the sound of their voices.

“When do you think he will wake up?” Rainbow Dash.

“I don’t know, he has been asleep for almost six weeks now.” Twilight.

‘So I have been asleep for, wait, ALMOST SIX WEEKS! Damn, just a shorter time to decide.’ I thought, my eyes still closed.

“I know. We keep visiting him every day, but he doesn’t seem to change” Rarity.

“Ah’ve been meaning to ask you two about this, but what are y’all visiting White Wind for?” Applejack. “Ah mean, you two are princesses.”

“I feel a sense of worry for him, as I do all my subjects, but I also feel worry because he has been teaching me.” Celestia.

“I am here because I have been watching his dreams for a while now. I don’t think he was lying to you Rainbow Dash when he said that he loved you. He has been dreaming of both his past, and of you.” Luna said, not using her R.C.V. as she had apparently not been using it since she was in this room. “Speaking of which, I can tell you that he is awake, and has been listening to us for a while now, as he has stopped dreaming.”

I sat up, turned my head towards where Luna’s voice came from, and complained. “Damn it Luna, I was enjoying the conversation. I was learning things.”

“He’s awake! He’s awake!” Pinkie Pie was jumping up and down.

“Um, it’s good to see that you are awake, Mr. White Wind sir.” Fluttershy said, still in her whisper like voice.

Uncomfortable with the attention, I decided to shift it in the best way I knew how, or rather by a way I picked up recently. “So, Rainbow Dash, I would like to know how you feel.”

Everyone turned to look at Rainbow Dash, who tried to avoid the question, “Feel about what?”

“I would hope that the question was clear. But just in case, you know how I feel about you, so I would like to know how you feel about me.”

“Oh, that. Well you see, I, um…” her voice trailed off, and I knew the answer. I attempted to get up, but was restrained by a yellowish magic. I looked around to see every pony, except for Celestia who had also picked up on the vibe, still looking at Dashy.

“Actually, we all would also like to know” Twilight said.

“YAH! TELL US! TELL US! TELL US!” Where Pinkie gets all this energy, I will never know.

“You know what,” I started, causing everyone to turn back to me, and Celestia releasing her magic grip, “I won’t make you tell. Besides, I think I know already how you feel.” I heard a sigh from Dashy, and received a nod from Celestia. “Whatever Celestia,” Everyone turned to Celestia now, “I don’t need you as my voice of conscience.” This time when I tried to get up, I was not stopped. I proceeded to open a window, only to have a pink cloud, raining a brown liquid. Pinkie Pie decided to drink the liquid and declared that it was chocolate milk.

“Come with me everypony,” Celestia said, “We have something very important to talk about.”

We all followed Celestia, and along the way, Luna slipped away. We reached a hall full of large stain glass windows, and Celestia said something about Discord, and the Elements of Harmony. Celestia opened a door, withdrew a box, opened it, and declared that the Elements where missing.

This ‘Discord’ appeared and gave a riddle. “Twists and turns, are my master plan. Then find the elements back where you began."

“Twists and turns, twists and turns… The Canterlot Labyrinth! The Elements of Harmony must be there!” The six ponies raced off, leaving me to follow, and Celestia to stand there, watching us. On my way out, Luna pulled me aside.

“What are you, and are you a threat to us?” she asked threateningly, but not in her RCV. Something must have occurred to have her not use it, but I didn’t inquire.

“If you were watching my memories like you said, you should know what I am. And the only threat that I am, is that I occasionally mess with ponies minds, like I have yours, and even then, rarely.” I hissed back. “Now if you excuse me, I have a pony I would like to be with currently, to make sure that she stays out of harm.”

I raced away and to the labyrinth, only to find that the six were gone and no entrance to the labyrinth was visible.

“Oh, a new player I see, and you were also in the hallway, how fun. I wonder what made you be so late? Why don’t you go in, and meet with your friends in the center?” a column of shrub came down and I started towards the opening. “Not so fast,” the voice said, still bodiless, “There is a certain, ‘No wings, no magic rule.” My wings disappeared. I didn’t mind it that much, and continued to the opening.

I entered, the gap closing behind me, and the voice echoed again, and I followed it, “There is also a rule where everypony must participate. Either of these rules are broken, and it’s game over.”

“If everypony must participate, then why are there only seven ponies in this labyrinth? I saw plenty of ponies outside, going about their days. If every pony has to participate, then why are they not in here as well?” I retorted, stopping in my tracks when I reached a fork, waiting to hear the voice again.

“Good point. Hmm, let me see, oh I know, because I don’t feel like including them.” I continued to follow the voice.

“And what is with this ‘No wings’ rule? One of the best parts of becoming a pony, was getting wings!” I said trying to get it to keep talking.

Suddenly, the thing belonging to the voice showed up in front of me. “Becoming a pony? Does that mean you weren’t always a pony?” Discord asked.

I pounced on it, falling on its neck with a single hoof. “My name is Mathew. Nice to meet you.” I said, ignoring the question raised at me, and pressed down harder, causing him to disappear.

I wandered further, unable to get him to talk more. I soon found myself confronted by a winged Rainbow Dash. “Mathew, I love you,” She said. I ignored her, and continued past her. It was obvious that Discord was trying to trick me. First the image he showed me violated his first rule, and second, Dashy didn’t know my real name. However, the illusion proceeded to follow me, this time the wings were gone. “Why did you ignore me?” it said, ticked. I just continued to ignore it. “Mathew, stop!” I didn’t stop, and continued to walk forward.

The fake Rainbow disappeared, and was replaced by Discord, who was now in front of me once again. I leapt for his neck again, and landed a second time. He obviously didn’t learn the first time. “How did you know that that wasn’t the real Rainbow Dash?” he asked, no sign that he was bothered by the hoof on his nick.

“Simple,” I replied, leaving it at that. “Now take me to the others.” As I said this, I noticed that all the hedges were falling down. Discord disappeared once more, and I saw five ponies standing not too far from my right. I went over to them, and learned that Rainbow Dash had flown off. I also learned fairly quickly that four of the five where complete opposites of how they use to be. I started to laugh when Discord appeared and gave us back our wings and horns.

“HEY!” Pinkie shouted at me, “STOP LAUGHING AT ME!” I ignored her and continued laughing, Discord enjoying the show. “I SAID STOP LAUGHING!” She continued to shout.

“Discord, you truly are a joke!” I said getting up and stopped laughing.

“Oh and why is that?” He asked.

“Because you never learn.” I jumped back onto Discord’s neck.

“White Wind, get off of him!” Twilight almost yelled.

“White Wind? I thought your name was Mathew.” Discord interjected, my hoof still on his neck.

“Mathew? His name is White Wind.” Twilight said before I could say anything.

“Actually, you are both correct.” I didn’t elaborate on the topic. “Now if you will excuse me, I have a pony to talk to.” I took off, leaving the six behind, and went to find Dashy, who I found on a cloud not too far from Ponyville.

“Hey Dashy, what’s up?”

“Nothing much, and you?”

“I came to find you actually. I know I put you in an awkward position back in Canterlot, and I think I know how you feel, but I would like to still hear it from you.”

“Hear what?” she asked, knowing full well what I was asking of her.

“Once again, I am asking you how you feel about me,” getting tired of this situation.

“I couldn’t care less about you.” Rainbow said without hesitation.

“It sure didn’t seem that way back in Canterlot, and now that I think about it, it didn’t seem that way for quite a while back in Ponyville.” I retorted.

“I just didn’t want to hurt your feelings. I couldn’t care less as to what happens to you. All I care about is Cloudsdale.”

“So you wouldn’t care if I just left this world?”

“Nope.”

Well that conversation cleared any mind. I went to my cubical house that was currently a 100X50X50, with bare minimum on the extra room. I grabbed a parachute, strapped myself into it, and went six kilometers in the air, the exact point where I appeared in Equestria. I stopped flapping, causing me to fall, and I instantly shifted into a nose dive. I counted as I fell: 4100, 4000, 3900, 3800… I reached the count of 2000 before the lights started to appear. The same way that they first had. I reached my count of 1000 when something happened on the ground. A rainbow had appeared, broke into two, and created a dome. Everything was back to normal, but I continued to fall, my mind made up. I reached around 500 meters before anypony took notice of me, but they didn’t bother doing anything. They thought that I was diving again normally, the fools. I was almost there, the lights had at this point, stopped moving.

I was two feet from the ground when the ponies realized that I wasn’t changing my course. My adrenalin was pumping again. Millimeters away, I was once again transported from the ground, into the air, two kilometers up this time, though. I reset my count to adjust for the height change. 1800, 1700, 1600… I hit my target height of one kilometer, and deployed my parachute, which opened this time. I landed without a hitch, and went to my plain, old, wooden house. Looking at the calendar, which my son or I, usually kept accurate, I saw something that caught my eye. I decided to check it with multiple sources, my phone, my computer, even my neighbor. They all said the same thing. It was March 3rd, the same day that I had left to go parachuting. I thought it impossible, then remembered the past few weeks that I had lived as a pony, and discounted ‘Impossible’. I then remembered Rainbow Dash, and put her in the back of my mind. Checking the time, I went out, picking my son up from school.
___ ___ ___
The End

Author's Note:

I started having him say everyone instead of everypony because he has his memory returned.
P.S. (This P.S. use to have question of if I should do sequel) Don't forget to up-vote if you liked this story. Also, check out the sequel "The Life Returns".
P.P.S. Thank you for reading this story, and getting it over all of my expectations on it. I hope you enjoyed reading this story.
P.P.P.S. If you haven't already, please give this story a thumbs up or a thumbs down (preferably thumbs up though).
P.P.P.P.S. Don't worry about how I would make a sequel off this, as I already know how I will do it.
P.P.P.P.P.S. Damn this is a lot of post scripts.

Comments ( 8 )

a sequel would be ok

Comment posted by Hydran deleted Aug 24th, 2013
Comment posted by Dress72 deleted Aug 24th, 2013

3096008 I can deleted it ;)

Great story! You should do a sequel definitely!:pinkiehappy:

Nice! this went from 33:10 to 34:9

Thank you man! Thank! You!I've been trying to find out what P.S. meant for years! Unfortunately, I live in Louisiana so no one around here knows what the Fuck that is!

Login or register to comment