• Published 9th Aug 2013
  • 1,702 Views, 43 Comments

My Little Pony : Explorers of Dimensions - Jelly Bean



When a teleportation spell backfires catastrophically, Twilight Sparkle is ripped out of her universe and launched into an adventure that will affect not only her life, but that of an entire universe.

  • ...
4
 43
 1,702

How is it bigger on the inside?!

Skipper had spent the last couple minutes blankly opening and closing his mouth. Your recently-formed friend suddenly revealing that she was an alien kind of tends to do that.

Normally, had anyone else said that they were not only an Alien, but an alien princess, Skipper would have told them to wait there while he contacted the nice mons in the white suits. There were three things stopping him, that made him reconsider.

One: Twilight had a decidedly un-pokémon name.

Two: Twilight had utterly no idea how or where things worked in this world, even the most basic knowledge.

Three: Her eyes. Eyes are windows to the soul, and there was just something in there, some little thing that told him he was talking to something so different, so powerful, that it couldn't be any normal Espeon.

After a few more tense seconds, he finally managed to blurt something out. "Oh my Arceus, you're not kidding, are you." It was a statement, not a question.

Twilight nodded slowly.

Skipper began breathing very quickly. "Oh my Arceus you're an alien."

"Actually, I'm from another universe. And to me, you're the alien." Twilight corrected.

"H-how?" Skipper stammered.

"Long story short, a teleportation spell went wrong and I ended up in this universe, somehow."

"S-spell? Magic? P-princess?! I don't understand!" Skipper cried, holding a stubby appendage to his head despite the fact that should be impossible with his body orientation.

"You don't have magic here?" Twilight cried, surprised.

"No! Magic is just a fairy tale!"

"Ooohkay, this is going to take a while to explain."

After calming Skipper down, she spent the next ten minutes explaining Equestria, herself and magic.

Skipper stared at her in disbelief. "...So you come from a land of magical ponies who can either control the weather, use magic or are really strong, ruled by a princess who is a mix of all three who controls the sun, and her sister who controls the moon. And you recently became one of those princesses after you and your friends used artifacts called the Elements of Harmony on a nightmarish moon and something called Discord?"

"Nightmare Moon, who was Princess Luna after she was corrupted by her own jealousy." Twilight corrected gently.

"And you ended up somehow teleporting yourself into this universe, where you stopped being a Princess Pony-"

"Alicorn." Twilight corrected.

"And became an Espeon and you have no idea how to get back and the only hope that all of your friends and the Princess will be able to find you?"

"That's...about right."

"W-well that's it then. I've gone insane." Skipper declared.

Twilight smiled and began to nod, before suddenly realising what he had said. "Ye-Wait, what?! No, no you're not insane! Oh, I shouldn't have told you..."

He blinked, and leaned in to study her closely, if timidly. "Well, you don't seem like you're lying...and I doubt I could come up with this on my own..."

He nodded, apparently coming to a decision. "Alright. I believe you, Twilight."

Twilight's mouth opened a little in shock. "W-just like that? You believe me?"

"You don't look like you're lying, anyway..." Skipper repeated. "It's a strange story, but it's a strange world."

Still shocked by the quick change of mood, she smiled tentatively. "Well, that's good, I guess."

They both abruptly realised the sun had set, and the beach was falling into darkness.

"We should probably go: the beach isn't that great a place to be at night." Skipper suggested. Then an idea struck him. "Hey! I have an idea!" Skipper said excitedly, unconsciously confirming my own narrative. Twilight looked at him quizzically, an unspoken 'continue' passing between them.

"You were really good at exploring that dungeon, even though you didn't know anything about it. So I was thinking that maybe we could form an exploration team!"

"An exploration team?" Twilight parroted confusedly.

"An exploration team is when a group of Pokémon join up and explore unknown areas! There's excitement and adventure! We might even find a way to get you back home! We just sign up at the guild and we're an official exploration team!"

Twilight had listened, purplish eyes wide as Skipper rambled excitedly. He was certainly interested in exploring, wasn't he? It had totally changed his behavior!

'It might give me a way to get back to Ponyville, too...I hope Spike's okay.' Twilight thought.

"And they'd give us a place to stay!" Skipper finished.

Twilight raised a paw to stop him. "Do they have a library?" She asked.

"I think so..." Skipper started, confused.

"We're signing up." Twilight stated.

Skipper's eyes widened in excitement, a spark of joy lighting in them. Wow, they're really expressive with their eyes, aren't they? You should make a drinking game out of how many times I mention eyes in this chapter. "You mean it?" He cried excitedly, unaware of my previous tangent.

"Of course! Why would I say something and not mean it?" Twilight said. A somewhat crazed grin grew on her face. "And besides, I have SO many questions to ask."

Skipper gulped nervously, fearing for his continued life.

_________________________________________________________________________

Wigglytuff's Guild

"So, this is it. The guild..." Skipper said, apprehension somewhat visible on his face.

"The gate's closed, Skipper." Twilight pointed out. The gate to the Wigglytuff-shaped tent was indeed closed.

"Scratch that, why does a tent need a gate?" Twilight asked, confused. "There's no real reason for it to be there..."

Skipper made a 'I have no clue' gesture. "Maybe they're just really freaky about security. But I do remember how to open the grate!" Skipper stated.

"Great! Can you open it?" Twilight asked.

"O-oh! Sure!" Skipper said, a slight tremor entering his voice. He then took a few deep breaths. And then a few more. And then he shook one of his legs a little bit, and scratched his back fin. And then he took another few breaths-

"Can you open it NOW." Twilight rephrased.

Skipper flinched. "O-okay..." He took another breath. 'Okay, Skipper, you can do this. No more backing down.' And with that, he began the incredibly harrowing task...

Of stepping onto a small wooden grate in front of the tent.

"Pokémon detected! Pokémon detected!"

"WHOSE FOOTPRINT? WHOSE FOOTPRINT?"

"The footprint is Mudkip's! The footprint is Mudkip's!"

Skipper shook with fright, but managed to steady himself.

"Very WELL! You may ENTER!" The unknown voice roared from below.

Skipper practically jumped off the grate.

"You have SOMEONE else with you! Get ON the GRATE!" Said voice screamed whilst continuously stressing words that did not need to be stressed. Like my aunt when she's in a bad mood. Or is that just stress and yelling?

Dammit I'm on a tangent again.

Twilight stared at the grate curiously. It was obviously a security system, but how was someone down there? Scratch that, why did they need a 'Footprint Examination' grate for a tiny tent? How did they know about feet if they weren't humans? Were there humans here?

"I said TO get on the GRATE!"

Twilight started. 'Oh, right! The grate!' She stood on the grate.

"Pokémon detected! Pokémon detected!"

"WHOSE FOOTPRINT? WHOSE FOOTPRINT?"

"The footprint is...uhm...the footprint is..."

"Well? What IS it? WHAT'S the footprint?"

"Uhm..." The voice from below, which Twilight was able to determine probably belonged to a child, stalled for a moment. "Maybe Espeon's! Maybe Espeon's?"

'Maybe?" Twilight mouthed to Skipper.

"MAYBE? What do YOU mean, MAYBE? You're the best in the BUISNESS, sentry Diglett!"

"Well, you don't see that many Espeon's around here, so I can't compare it to anything. I'm really sorry!" The newly named Diglett apologised.

"UGH! Whatever. You, up there! You may ENTER!" The other, unnamed voice bellowed from below.

With a loud CHUNK noise, followed by another assortment of sounds that would take too much time for me too write, the gate retracted into the ground. Twilight and Skipper shared a confused glance, and walked in.

Two things occured to Twilight.

The first was: 'It smells like fish in here.'

The second was: 'Hey, there's a ladder in here! They had the security system there because it extends underground! How did I not figure that out?'

"It smells like Magikarp in here." Skipper commented.

"Magical Carp?" Twilight questioned, turning to Skipper. "I thought you didn't have magic in this world." Which she still couldn't comprehend even now. Though, considering that she had about twenty minutes to digest this information, 'even now' wasn't that long of a time to adapt to a change where physics was totally different.

"Magikarp. It's a type of Pokémon." Skipper corrected. "C'mon, let's go sign up!"

They went down the ladder, together.


On the first floor of Wigglytuff's guild, an odd multicolored bird with a music note for a head was sitting a few feet away from the bottom of the ladder. It perked up when the two jumped off.

"Excuse me? It was you two that just came in, right?" The bird asked.

"Yes, that's us. I'm Twilight, and this is my friend Skipper!" Twilight cheerfully introduced themselves.

"I'm Chatot! I'm the head of intelligence for Wigglytuff's guild ♪ !" Chatot sang. "Now, shoo! Go on, we don't have time for salesmons or silly surveys."

"N-no! That's not why we're here! Me and Twilight want to form an exploration team...It's kind of why we came in." Skipper protested.

Chatot appeared shocked. "This kid wants to form an exploration team? Surely he must know how hard our training is. The steady stream of recruits that run away from the guild surely have to give them a clue!" Chatot monologued, turning away from them.

Twilight and Skipper exchanged glances. "We're still here, you know." Twilight said flatly.

"W-what? Oh! Nonono, don't mind me! I said nothing!" Chatot exclaimed panickedly. "Follow me, let's get you all signed up!" And with that, the odd bird hopped down the ladder.

"Head of intelligence?" Skipper whispered. Twilight frowned at him.

"It isn't good to make fun of pon- er, Pokémon, Skipper."

Skipper winced.

"Are you coming down or not?" Chatot questioned from below.

"Oh! Sorry!" Skipper cried, clambering down the ladder. Twilight followed after a moment.

And by followed, I mean fell down the ladder. Skipper didn't even have time to move before Twilight landed on him. And somehow, in defiance of natural physics, they went tumbling straight at Chatot, who managed to dodge at the last second. He threw out a wing to block them. It worked, somehow, and they both crashed and fell over.

"Ugh! You need to be more careful, you could have killed me!" Said Chatot to the dazed and dinged duo.

"Sorry..." Twilight grumbled, managing to stagger to her feet.

"Yes, yes. Well, here's the Guildmaster's room!" Chatot declared, spreading a wing with a flourish at what appeared to be a rather small door, stuffed near a window. Speaking of that...

"Hey! There's light, but we're underground!" Skipper said, practically bouncing up and down.

"Yes, well, of course there's light underground, we're on a cliff you silly sap!" Chatot snapped.

"Yeesh, who stepped on your tailfeathers..." Skipper grumbled. Twilight was too polite to say it, but she was having similar thoughts.

The grumpy musical bird opened the doors. With a shrug, Twilight and Skipper followed.

"Guildmaster, we have some new recruits!" Chatot called out, entering the room. It wasn't really all that impressive, but it was still pleasant. There was a lot of grass growing on the inside, as it had been outside, and a couple burned-out braziers sat on either side of a red rug. A few windows let light into the place, and a large banner bearing wiggly lines as a pattern hung in front of the carpet. Oh, and off to the side hung a treasure chest full of gems and stuff, but no one really cared. No, what was interesting was the large, pink, and above all fluffy shape that stood on the rug. With two pointed ears sticking out the side of it's head, there was no doubt that this was some sort of rabbit.

"Guildmaster?" Chatot questioned nervously. "Um, are you there? Guildmaster? Wigglytuff?"

The large pink rabbit spun around so quickly Twilight didn't even see it move.

"Hiya!" Said Wigglytuff. Twilight's eyes widened to ridiculous proportions and the hair on the back of her neck stood up. 'Oh Celestia, Luna and even Discord, please not again...' she whispered mentally.

"I'm Wigglytuff! I'm the guild's Guildmaster! Though you probably figured that out already." Wigglytuff let out a giggle. "So you want to form an exploration team, huh? That's sooooo cool! I remember when I was in an exploration team too! Mon, that was a really fun time. Me and Armsy were all like 'Boom! Pow! Zap!' except we didn't do the zap, because we can't use lightning. It would be really really really cool if we could though! Then I could cook my marshmallows in the most epic way possible! Or would that be..." Wigglytuff rambled.

Oh dear lord I've been outmatched at my own game. You'll pay for this yet, Wigglytuff.

Meanwhile, Twilight was quietly hyperventilating. 'Oh no oh no oh no another Pinkie Pie the universe will burn ahhh' were something along her current line of thoughts.

Chatot regarded her with pity. 'Oh. She's met one of them before, hasn't she?' He thought, referring to the Pinkie-Pie esque phenomenon. Then a horrible thought occurred to him. 'Oh Arceus that means there are two of them!' Chatot's pupils shrank down to pinpricks and he turned quite pale at the thought.

And Skipper was just lost.

"And then I was like: Oatmeal? Are you CRAZY?!" Wigglytuff exclaimed, unaware of the various mental problems occurring in front of him.

"GUILDMASTER!" Chatot screamed.

"Huh? Chatot?" Wigglytuff asked, confused and thankfully breaking from his rambling. Yeah, you heard me, Him. That pink menace is male.

"Guildmaster, the signing up? Can we do that? Please?!" Chatot cried.

"Oh! I forgot, how silly of me!" Wigglytuff exclaimed. "We need to get you signed up, don't we?" He pulled out an utterly MASSIVE stack of papers from hammerspace. "Normally, you have to sign all these forms..." Now it was Skipper's turn to be visibly horrified. Well, until Wigglytuff threw them into the air and unleashed a massive stream of fire at them, burning them to cinders. Twilight's jaw hit the floor. "But forms are boring! You know what I say? Just tell me the team name and presto, you're an exploration team!" Chatot went into shock.

"Name?" Skipper questioned, having given up on sanity.

"Yeah, your team name! You can't just be called Exploration Team, that would be boring! All the teams have it. It can be as simple as A.W.D or Charm, to Pneumonoultramicroscopicsilicovolconoconiosis!"

"Peushomunoultra-what?" Skipper asked, as lost as all of you are after reading that word.

"I dunno, I just read it in a dictionary a while ago. Anyway, choose! Choose your name! Choose your name!" Wigglytuff chanted.

"We didn't think of a name, though..." Skipper protested.

"Choose a name! Choose a name! Choose a name!" Wigglytuff chanted. Twilight's jaw was too busy being on the floor for her to help Skipper. Chatot was too busy trying to find his sanity.

"Er, um..." Skipper stammered, thinking. Then a lightbulb turned on in his head. Well, Pokémon don't have lightbulbs, so a candle. I guess. Maybe an electric Pokémon like Ampharos? Bah, whatever. "I've got it!" Skipper cried.

"Team Harmony." Skipper said proudly at his realization of an original and totally-not-at-all-cliché name.

"Yes! Goodie! Team Harmony, welcome to Wigglytuff Guild!"

"YOOM TAH!"


Skipper, Twilight and Chatot all fell backwards at the force of the shout. Seriously, first he's like Pinkie Pie, now he's like Princess Luna.

Princess Pinkie?

No. Nope, do not want that image. Pinkie Pie ruling ANYTHING would be Hell, Tartarus and the Distortion World rolled up into a great big sugary sweet cinnamon bun.

"Gah!" Chatot screamed in shock.

"Ah!" Skipper screamed in shock.

"Ack!" Twilight cried in surprise.

"You are now an officially registered Exploration Team, Team Harmony!" Wigglytuff cheered.

"Ooh, my ears..." Twilight said, rubbing her sensitive hearing organs with a paw. "Wait, Harmony? Skipper, did you...?" She trailed off.

"Yeah, I named the team! Do you like it?" Skipper said happily.

Twilight smiled. "It's a great name, Skipper." She mouthed the team name. "Harmony, Team Harmony. I like it."

"You'll need this!" Wigglytuff said cheerfully, dropping a small golden box in front of them. "Go on, open it! It won't bite. This isn't Dungeons and Dragons, after all." Wigglytuff blinked. "At least, I hope not."

Deep in the mountains of Griffonia before they all blew up, there was a tribe of Monk Griffins. They had perfected the art known as 'Non Audiebat', a supreme force of mind and body that allowed them to ignore all but the most irritating of presences.

After a few years of living in the same town as Pinkie Pie, Twilight surpassed them by the order of a magnitude.

It was through these skills that Twilight was able to ignore the insane guildmaster, and open the chest.

And then it did something very strange.

The chest flared with a bright yellow light, and a few things that could not possibly have fit in there flew out.

The first was a rather ugly greenish-blue bag, with an emblem of Wigglytuff's hair tuft on it. The second was a small, particular metal pin with two metal wings sticking out of it. The third was a large, odd roll of paper that anyone could tell was a map.

"Woah! All of this for us?" Skipper asked.

"How did that fit in there?" Twilight questioned.

"Of course, Skipper! This is an Exploration Team Kit. It has everything an Exploration Team needs!

'If Rarity were here,' Twilight thought, discreetly smirking, 'She would probably faint at the sight of that bag.'

"This," Wigglytuff said, holding up the pin, "Is your Explorer's Badge! It has lots of little nifty tricks. You can talk to each other over long distances, get transported out of a dungeon, get you access to places you can't go, be really shiny..." Wigglytuff continued.

The badge in question did seem a lot more interesting when held up. It looked a little bit like a ball split in half horizontally across the middle, with a little pinkish gemstone placed in the middle of it. It also looked a little bit like a stopwatch. It had two wings on the side, that looked to be made fully out of gold. It was a lot more than just some flat, boring old pin, anyone could tell.

"This," Wigglytuff said, holding up the rolled up map, "Is your wonder map! Any place you've been is automatically written into it!" He unrolled the map.

The map was a lot more curious than the badge. It seemed like a 3-D projection of the area on paper. Clouds swarmed across the outer edges of the map, like someone had mixed a massive pot full of them with a spoon. And by that, I mean they were swirling.

"See?" Wigglytuff said from behind the massive map, pointing to a yellow dot. "That's us! We're right there! Just press your paw to it, Twilight!"

Twilight looked at the map warily before touching a paw to it. Skipper said they didn't have magic in this world, but it seemed an awful lot like an enchanted map to her. And if she had learned anything from defeating nameless or unnamable horrors countless times, it was 'Never touch enchanted stuff that you don't understand.'

Some other things that she had learned were stuff like 'Don't listen to the Eldritch Abomination trying to kill you' and 'Don't throw pineapples at the Eldritch Abomination trying to talk to you, then kill you.' But I digress.

When she did, though, no brain-melting monstrosities were summoned. Instead, the map cleared away most everything else like someone had taken to it with an eraser, and a detailed layout of the Guild appeared on the map.

"Woah!" Skipper said, amazed.

"Yeah, it's really super duper cool, right? But if you like that, you'll think this is the bestest one ever!" Wigglytuff said, throwing the map aside and picking up the bag.

"A bag?" Twilight asked after a few moments where Wigglytuff did nothing.

"It's a SPECIAL bag! Anything you find on your adventures can go in here." Wigglytuff cheerfully chattered.

"Um, not to be rude, but isn't that what a normal bag does?" Commented Skipper.

In response, Wigglytuff opened the bag and held it at them.

"Look, I don't really see the...the...the...the..." It was at this point Skipper's brain decided to take a vacation upon seeing the bag, leaving poor Skipper to fend for himself.

"The bag." Twilight said, astonished. "How is it..." She reached a leg inside, and had to stop herself from falling into it.

"Go on!" Wigglytuff said, a massive, somewhat cheeky grin plastered on his face. "What do you have to say?"

"I-i-it's bigger on the inside!" Twilight cried. "How is it doing that?!"

"Hahahah!" Wigglytuff laughed. "I love that part! You should see your face!"

"How is the bag bigger on the inside than the outside?" Twilight demanded.

"Well, a few years ago, there was this green Pokémon who came to me looking for help repairing...something, I dunno, my head is kind of jumbly-wumbly, anyway, and after I gave him some stuff to do it, he did something with all the Exploration Team Kits that let us make them bigger on the inside! He called it dimensionally transvessal, or something." Wigglytuff explained, hopping in place for no apparent reason.

"The...the...the...the..." Skipper repeated endlessly.

"Oh, and before I forget..." Wigglytuff said, his face becoming uncharacteristically serious, "Do not pull the bag inside out, or put another wonder bag in it. If you do, you might accidentally rip a hole in space-time that would suck you in like a black hole and you would die horribly."

Twilight began choking.

"Okay! Have fun!" Wigglytuff said cheerfully.

There was a wordless silence, broken only when Chatot coughed awkwardly.

"Ahem. Uh, yes, we should probably be going now. It's late at night, and I suppose you should get some rest. Let me show you to your rooms." Chatot said.

"Oh! I forgot, silly me! There's something in the bag." Wigglytuff said, turning over the potentially-apocalyptic backpack. A bow and a scarf fell out.

"A mystic purple bow, and a Defense Scarf. Here you go!" Wigglytuff said, tossing it to them.

"A defense scarf? Cool!" Skipper said, finally recovering from his brain-broken phase.

Twilight, on the other hand, was frozen in shock. 'Mystic purple,' she thought, 'Isn't that what that voice called my aura? Mystic purple? This couldn't be a coincidence.' Meanwhile, the purple bow stuck to her face, sitting there.

"Come on." Chatot said, nearing his limits of 'guildmaster exposure' for the day. "Let's show you to your rooms." He walked out the door.

"Huh?" Twilight said, shaking out of her reverie. "Oh. Alright, Chatot." She said, picking up the bag and putting the bow into it, before leaving. Skipper followed shortly after.

"Bye, friends!" Wigglytuff cheered.



"Follow me, if you please ♪ !" Chatot sang. He hopped down a stony hallway extending closer to the edge of the cliff. The duo followed closely behind.

"Here are the crew rooms." Chatot said, gesturing to several stony doors alongside the walls. "You'll get to know them soon. Ah, here we are!" He announced, pointing to a rather rusty metal door, that looked as if it had seen better days, at the end of the hall. "Right through here."

Twilight opened the door.

The room was pretty simple. A couple of small windows let the light in, and there was some moss growing through the rocks. A couple of small beds made of straw were in the center of the floor. A small bookshelf stood off to the side, embedded into the wall.

"This is where you'll be staying for a while. It's pretty barren now, but you can buy some furniture in treasure town." Chatot said. "I'll leave you two to rest. Get some sleep, there's quite a lot for you to do tomorrow ♪ !" Chatot sang. He shut the door.

Skipper yawned. "I am pretty tired. I'm going to get some shut-eye." He said, settling down into his bed. "You should get some sleep, too." He suggested. He shut his eyes. "G'night, Twilight."

Twilight watched him for a moment, thinking. 'I don't really need sleep right now. All those books waiting to be read...' She almost visibly drooled. 'I can't believe I spent an entire day in another world, and I hardly asked any questions at all! In fact, I kind of just went along with everything, didn't I?' She mulled over this for a second.

'I didn't even ask anything when I was told that I needed to fix this universe, somehow. How do I fix a universe? There are no studies on fixing universes!

And how do I get back? How is Spike doing? Or my friends doing? Or the Princesses!?'

A thought struck her like a sledgehammer. "My parents..." She whispered. 'Are my parents okay?! I can't believe I didn't even think of them! I'm a horrible pony...' She crumpled to the floor. She almost cried, but her eyes hardened.

'No. I'm not going to cry. I can fix this, and I will. For my parents, for my friends and for Spike, I'll fix this.' She spared another glance towards Skipper. 'All of my friends. This world or my world.' With newfound determination, she set into reading books.

All the books.

The entire night.

Yeah, she's going to have a fun day tomorrow.

______________________________________________________________________

Meanwhile, in Canterlot

"DISCORD!" Luna yelled, not quite at Royal Canterlot Voice levels. "WHERE ART THOU? AND WE SUGGEST THEE NOT MAKE A RONEO AND JULIMARE JOKE."

She paced down the Canterlot Castle halls, calling Discord's name. Normally a pristine and beautiful place, the...whatever that was had utterly ruined it. Chunks of stone lay upon the floors, the carpets had been torn and slightly burned, and any glass or statues had been reduced to less than rubble.

Discord's part of the hall was far less damaged, but that was because everything was made of Jell-O. It smelled something awful, though.

Shaking some Jell-O off her hooves, Luna cast a searching spell.

Which promptly turned to fish.

She stared at the products of her spell for a good minute. Then she started yelling.

"DISCORD!" Luna screamed. "ENOUGH OF THIS TOMFOALERY! REVEAL THYSELF!" A pie hit her in the face.

Before Luna could metaphorically- and possibly literally- blow up, a laugh echoed throughout the hall.

"Loony Woona! How nice to see you!" Said yet ANOTHER unknown voice. Thankfully, before we went through another irritating session of 'who the hell are you' the owner of the voice appeared.

And hoo boy, what an owner it was. It was perhaps the oddest creature anyone has ever seen, and considering that we're dealing with Pokémon not a moment before, that's saying something. It was like something out of a biologist's nightmare, sprinkled with a touch of insanity.

It had the head of a pony, the fang of a manticore, the right arm of a lion, the left claw of an eagle, the right leg of a lizard, the left leg of a goat, the tongue of a snake, the right wing of a bat, the left wing of a dark-blue pegasus, the mane of a horse, the left horn of a blue goat, the right antler of a deer, two bushy eyebrows, the tail of a rather serpentine dragon with a white tail tuft on the end, two yellow eyes with asymmetrical pupils, and to top it all of he had a goatee.

It was also wearing a top hat and carrying a fork, for some reason.

"Discord." Luna hissed, offhandedly swatting an almond pie out of the air. "Mine sister requires thee."

"Oh? What does Celly-belly want little old me for?" Discord said, turning plaid and shrinking to the size of a throw pillow.

"Surely thou didst not miss the blast that did shake all of Canterlot?"

"Of course I didn't! How could I miss such a deliciously fun bit of chaos?" Discord laughed, returning to normal size and coloration.

His top hat was now a beanie, for some reason.

"Ohoho! Or does Tia think that I did this? Because I'm offended if that's true." Discord said, holding a hand over where a quarter of his heart might have been as if he had been struck. Draconequus biology is really weird. "If I did this, there would be a LOT more monster trucks.

"We do not think that thee would do something like this, nor does mine sister. Wanton destruction is not something thou art apt to do." Luna admitted. "That does not mean that thee cannot assist in fixing it."

"Fixing it? Why would I go around and start REMOVING chaos? That's ridiculous!" Discord exclaimed.

"Discord,-" Luna started.

"So I'll do it!" Discord said cheerfully, taking a bite out of his fork.

"What?" Luna asked, astonished.

"It'll give me a chance to get out of this stuffy old castle, and out into the fresh air."

Luna glared at him.

"Okay, okay! I won't turn the fresh air to candy, this time." Discord surrendered. "Ugh. You Princesses always have to be such a joykill."

"Discord, we only wish to-" Luna protested.

"JOYKILL!" Discord shouted, pulling out a megaphone from nowhere, before turning it into a pair of jeans that flew away.

Luna, her hair caught and twisted around, glared at him some more. "If thou wouldst listen, you would hear that we suspect the blast to have come from Ponyville." Luna said.

Discord's smile fell. So did the rest of his face. He stuffed it away in a backpack he had just made out of the fork, and pulled out an unhappy face mask. He put it on.

The backpack, not the face.

Luna facehooved. "We believe that the only being strong enough to cause this much destruction would be the Element of Magic, Twilight Sparkle. We cannot believe she did it on purpose, but until we learn what happened, we cannot make judgements."

Backpack-face Discord frowned. "I have to say, while I do love explosions, that doesn't quite seem right."

"There are no other forces powerful enough in Ponyville or anywhere near, and Tirek still sleeps." Both immortals gave a small flinch at the name Tirek.

"Ugh. I should hope so, he was no fun at all! All I did was turn his grandmother into a grapefruit, and he goes bonkers!" Discord complained.

"But Tirek did not have a grand- Oh, never mind. Discord, we beseech thee. The destruction this has caused is spreading. If it is not stopped, it will forever change Equestria! We must hurry!" Luna pleaded.

Discord would have made another few wisecracks before tagging along, when he felt something. Something cold, cold as death. Along the fringes of his mind, in the pit of his stomach, a great dread began to take hold. "Luna." Discord said, not using any ridiculous names for once. "What did the blast look like? I was ironing my chairs." Discord asked.

Frowning and confused, Luna answered nevertheless. "It was like a crack in the sky and the sea. I could not see far beyond anything, and I found myself looking back at my own body if I tried to focus." Luna recalled. She shivered, something very rare for an immortal to do. "When the destruction stopped, it looked as though..."

"There was a tear in the sky itself." Discord finished alongside Luna. His ears lay flat back upon his head. "A rip in space, a pony misplaced. A crack in the sky, and the world shall die..." He whispered.

Luna took a few steps back. Not only did the words themselves sound...wrong somehow, the expression on Discord's face was an emotion she had never seen before.

Fear.

Discord cursed in several languages at the same time, and conjured a small glass box with a metal panel to the side. "Get in." He ordered Luna in a voice that did not sound entirely like his own, stepping inside himself. Hesitantly, the Princess of the Night followed.

Discord pressed a button, and with a sound not unlike a chair screech, the box smashed through several stone floors above, into the sky, did a barrel roll, and shot straight at Ponyville, a screaming Princess and a cackling Draconequus inside.

_________________________________________________________________________

Blueblood Manor

Inside the manor, Prince Blueblood woke up from his nap, wiped some drool off his face, and stumbled out of bed. He examined his incredibly plush bedroom, to make sure no ugly commoners had broken in and stolen anything from him.

Solid gold four poster bed with silk sheets and pegasus feathers? Check.
Diamond-studded mahogany drawers? Check.
Ponesian carpet? Check.
Cabinet of aged wines? Check.
Wall to floor mirror? Check.
Solid gold Teddy Bear? Check.
Giant gaping hole in the wall? Che-what?!

Blueblood leaned outside. He gazed upon the incredible destruction of the landscape. He gazed upon the droves of panicking ponies below and around. He gazed upon the crack in the sky itself. He gazed upon the swarm of foreign diplomats arriving even now.

His thoughts?

"EXCUSE ME?! HOW DARE YOU!" Blueblood bellowed. "I DEMAND THAT YOU STOP PANICKING FOR YOUR LIVES AND FIX MY HOUSE, SO THAT I HAVE TO STOP HURTING MY ROYAL THROAT YELLING AT YOU PEASANTRY!"

Silly reader, Blueblood doesn't have thoughts.

He also doesn't have balance, as not a moment after he finished speaking he fell out of his bedroom and onto the stone ground three stories below with a sickening smack. He groaned in pain.

No one really gave a damn.

_____________________________________________________________________

Meanwhile, in Ponyville

"Hm?" Rarity paused in her work, the wood she was levitating falling to the floor.

"What's the matter?" Asked a stocky, short, dark grey earth pony named Baritone, pausing in his hammering of nails.

"I just had the oddest feeling that Prince Blueblood got hurt." Rarity mused.

"YOU HEAR THAT, EVERYPONY?!" Called a bright orange construction pony, fluttering his wings. "PRINCE BLUEBLOOD'S GOTTEN HURT!"

A chorus of cheers erupted from the rowdy crowd of builderponies, and indeed, across most of the Ponyville residents that were in hearing range.

Prince Blueblood wasn't well liked by the population of Equestria. Or literally anywhere, actually.

Hence the rather obscene name the Minotaurs had given him.

Going back on track and away from our politically incorrect douchebag, we take a look at Ponyville. The town looked less destroyed than you would expect of ground zero of a universe-tearing event. This was thanks to the fantastic efforts of Ponyville residents. Houses had been nailed down, street lamps set up, injured ponies found, and foals cared for within a day. You don't really live somewhere like Ponyville without having a reparation plan of some kind.

The only problem that could not be fixed was that everything was grey. The ground, the buildings, even Sugarcube Corner was grey. The only spots of color were the ponies, and even they looked somewhat greyish up close or from afar.

The ponies were naturally worried about this, but rather than following the typical example of running around screaming "THE HORROR! THE HORROR!" They just tried their best to stick to their normal life and repair things.

Spike was still unconscious, and Salad Fork was still restrained in the hospital.

And Twilight was missing.

It was a really good thing that Pinkie Pie was there, or everyone would be too depressed to move.

"Rarity, there's another tree in the way!" Roseluck called from down the street.

Rarity sighed. "Sorry, dears, I need to go tend to this."

"Bye Rarity!" The rather rowdy group of construction ponies waved. They were actually really nice once you got past their grubby exterior, Rarity thought.

'They could still use a few baths, though.' Thought Rarity, walking off.

This was the moment when Pinkie Pie popped out of literally nowhere and began yelling, "TWITCHY TAIL! TWITCHY TAIL!"

All the residents ran to cover. If this was another town-smashing thing, they didn't expect as much luck as they got the first time.

Instead, a small yellow fireball shot down from the sky, and promptly stopped ten feet above the town, it's momentum stopped by a glowy blue shield. Then it flared up, smashing through the barrier to the sounds of explosions far across town, and hit the street with a small thud.

Then it stood up, revealing itself to be Princess Celestia.

"PRINCESS!" Cried Pine Breeze, dropping his saw and running up to her, then prostrating before her. "Thank goodness you're here! There was this massive explosion, and then-"

"Enough." Celestia said coldly, stopping him in his tracks. "Where is my student?"

Pine Breeze gulped audibly, as did everyone else. There was a general murmuring, full of 'Well, you see...'s and 'I'm really sorry about this, but...'s

"Where. Is. Twilight." Celestia demanded.

Before the situation could get any more problematic than it already was, there was a loud yell of irritation. "OI! Who smashed through the forcefield?"

Celestia turned around. "I did. Do you happen to have a problem with that?"

"Yes, yes I do!" Said the Doctor, running around a corner, covered in burn marks. "Who goes and smashes through ahhhi, Princess! Nice to see you again." He said, suddenly realizing who he was complaining to.

"Nice to see you again, too." Celestia said dryly.

"Right! Greetings are done, where was I? Oh, right! The TARDIS! Why did you go and smash through my forcefield? Now the old girl's gone and locked me out!" The Doctor complained, getting right back into the swing of things. Celestia stared at him for a moment, wordlessly. So did half the town. Hell, I'm pretty sure the bugs stared at him too.

"Did...did you just-" Ms. Cake started, in disbelief.

"Hey! Talking! Me and her! Speaking of that, speak! TARDIS! Why?" The Doctor interrupted.

"...It has been a long time since I have been spoken to in such a way. It is pleasant to see someone who is not intimidated by me. Who are you, anyway?"

"What? What do you mean, who am I? Is that a joke? You've met me befo- oh! Of course, you don't remember, do you!" The Doctor exclaimed.

"I suppose not." Said the thoroughly bemused Princess of the Sun. "Though I suspect I would have remembered meeting someone like you before." Celestia said, smiling a little. It was quickly replaced by concern for Twilight.

The Doctor laughed out loud. "Hah! The same goes here, though I do remember it in this case, which makes my point...moot...huh. Anyway!" The Doctor exclaimed. "Anyway, now I know why you don't remember. Memory seal, tricky thing. Almost like a mindwipe, but this can be restored. But we need a trigger. Trigger, trigger, AHA! A TRIGGER!" The Doctor cried.

Celestia watched him, bewildered. "What?"

"Something simple, can't believe it wasn't the first thing I thought of. Hello Celly, I'm The Doctor." He re-introduced himself, extending a hoof.

A few things crossed Celestia's face. Confusion, irritation, more confusion,
And rememberance.

"...Doctor?" Celestia asked, disbelieving. "Is that really you?"

"Yep! Really me! Totally my own handsome face. Hah, listen to me, I'm a pony and I'm calling myself handsome. And I actually am!"

"I thought you were dead!" Celestia exclaimed, to which a considerable portion of the very bemused townsponies reacted with shock.

"Yeah, I was for a bit. Then I wasn't! Then my friend was a robot, but that's a different story. Point is, I'm not dead, I'm still handsome, and I am still really upset about the whole forcefield thing!" He complained. Everyone either stared at him or held a hoof to their heads. "Do you have any idea how long it'll take for her to listen to me again? The entire point of the force field was, you know, to be a force field and stop things! And you went and smashed on in! Right through it! I didn't even think it was possible, but you did it, and now I want to know why!"

"It was in the way." Celestia said nonchalantly.

"Yes, of course it was in the way! It was supposed to be in the way of big honking stuff falling from space! And you went and meteorited on through! Have you ever heard of knocking?" The Doctor demanded.

"I did knock. I knocked it down." Celestia said dryly. A few ponies laughed, but everyone else was just confused.

"Oh, har de har de har. Well, I hope you had your laughs, because now anything could go plummeting from space into Ponyville, and boom goes the town!" The Doctor cried.

At that exact moment, a small glass box went plummeting from the sky into Ponyville, and boom went the Town Hall.

"See?!" The Doctor demanded. "Now we have to rush over there and deal with whatever's inside!"

"Doctor, I don't think anything could take that fall, there shouldn't be things inside of it." Said a rather monotonous grey unicorn.

Celestia blinked. "Why is everything grey?" She asked. "And where did all of these ponies come from?"

There was a loud yell from where the box landed, mixed with a horrible gurgling.

"Never mind that, come on! And you! Grey Seas! Stop jinxing things!" The Doctor ran off. Exchanging seriously confused glances, the townsponies and the Princess followed.

Rarity walked back down the street. "Hello, dears, I'm back!" She looked around, seeing the crowd of ponies already quite a bit away from her, the scorch marks where the Princess landed, Pinkie Pie hiding under an upturned table, and the horrible gurgling from quite a bit away.

"What did I miss?"

Author's Note:

Well, that's this chapter done. It took a while but mostly writers block.
Because I feel like being a troll, I'll be doing the interlude as the next chapter. That means more Doctor Whooves and Discord, and less Twilight and Skipper.

And believe me, this story is going to get a LOT more intense later on. Remember, this is pretty much the beginning of the story. I'll lose a little bit of the comedy value, but it'll still be funny. In case you're wondering, we're sticking with the main game storyline here.

Discord will definitely have a huge role to play in the story, he isn't just comic relief.

I'm also going to be introducing something called the "Aborted Timeline". You'll see it in use later on.

That's about it! I hope you enjoyed it.

-Jelly Bean