• Published 9th Aug 2013
  • 10,255 Views, 821 Comments

Dan & Pinkie VS. - Morex25



Dan meets a Pink haired girl that changes his life.

  • ...
39
 821
 10,255

Intermission II - Holiday Special


Intermission II - A Holiday Special.

“This is the worst Christmas ever!” complained, who else but Dan, which was surprising since this was his favorite time of the year.

So what caused him to be angry on one of the happiest times of the year? Well, the short answer is the weather. Long answer: this year, much to everyone’s surprise, California was covered in snow. Some called it a Christmas miracle, others were freaked out thinking that this was a sign that global warming was true and it was going to get them. Probably the day after tomorrow.

Dan, was neither of those people, he just saw this for what it was, a freak event. A freak event that caused him to get sick with the common cold and was ruining his Christmas.

“Aww! Don’t say that, Dan! I’m sure it isn’t that bad!” said none other than Pinkie, who was taking care of Dan at her house. She brought him there to better take care of him since the heater on his apartment was busted.

Currently, Dan was sitting on a couch in Pinkie’s living room near the fire place completely wrapped in covers, while Pinkie spoon fed him some chicken soup.

“Besides, doesn’t this bring memories? Do you remember when I took care of you after your trip to Canada?” That time Dan was way sicker and could barely talk, but that didn’t stop them from having a good time; or at least for her.

“Yeah! Great memories” Dan reminisced, but not about Pinkie taking care of him, no, he was remembering the satisfaction of getting back at Canada.

After that, they fell in a comfortable silence, with the only sounds being the one made by Mr. Mumbles and Gummy playing inside the play pain.

Both pets acted amicably towards each other, despite being from very different species. Then again, how could they dislike each other? Mr. Mumbles was cute and playful while Gummy had a very cool and collected demeanor. They made a cute odd couple.

Off course, Dan would’ve strongly disagree with that sentiment, with him being very overprotective with Mr. Mumbles and believing that Gummy was probably a bad influence on her. But since he was sick and could barely move, he couldn’t do anything about it.

This caring side of Dan made Pinkie wonder. Would he act the same way as he did with Mr. Mumbles with his own children. Would he be the kind of father that takes out a shotgun when he finds out his daughter began dating? Maybe even force a wedding at gun point? Should she begin stocking on shotgun shells?

Whenever, Pinkie went on line of thoughts like those, she would often make herself blush when she pictured herself being the mother of those children.

Suddenly, the sound of the phone ringing broke her out of her thoughts and brought her back to the present. “Ah! Just a second! Don’t hang out!” she spoke towards the ringing phone.

Dan would’ve commented on the futility of such act, but his sore throat wouldn’t let him speak his mind. Then Pinkie went out the living room and into the kitchen to answer the phone there, leaving him alone with his thoughts for a few minutes.

Darn! He really hated being sick, especially on these days, but what he hated more was the fact that Chris wasn’t here. Chris was his friend, and he should’ve being here with him instead going out the city to visit Elise’s Parents. Ugh. Hope he choke’s on Elise’s (senior) terrible food.

The only positive side of all of this was that he and Mr. Mumbles were getting free meals. Much better than the canned food he had previous years.

Speaking of Mr. Mumbles, she was currently playing with that unblinking beast that Pinkie called a pet. They were passing a small red ball rolling it towards each other, but Dan knew that it wasn’t just a mere innocent game; Gummy was planning to do something horrible, he was sure of it. And when it did, Dan was going to teach that purple eyed creature a lesson or two.

At least, Mr. Mumbles looked happy at the moment, so In the meantime, he let them be.

“I’m sooo bored!” Dan said under his breath. He could’ve being doing something much more interesting than sitting there feeling sick.

“I just know that everyone is having the time of their lives except me. The jerks!” Dan complained one last time before closing his eyes and dozed off into sleep.
---
[In an island on the pacific]

A green haired and long nosed man was currently annoyed at his neighbors’ behavior and ruckus. He had being enjoying his free day caused by the freak event that made snow fall in their island, and the most annoying people in the world, Robert SquarePants and Patrick Star, were having a snow fight outside of his house.

“I'm on nobody's side. Snowball fights are for immature children and I will not stoop to your level.” Edward, the annoyed one, declared as he let a snowball fall from his hand before he committed the ridiculous act of getting himself involved with those two morons.

“That’s not a very nice thing to say Edward!” said out of the sudden a voice just behind him, making Edward jump in surprise.

“Wha!”

“Ditzy!” cheered both Robert and Patrick at the appearance of their other neighbor, a blond haired girl with cross-eyes, known as Ditzy Doo.

“Do you want to join our snowball fight, Ditzy?” Robert asked, excited by the idea of more friends joining in. “You can join my team!” offered the blond.

“No, join my team!” intervened Patrick, the pink haired young man, wasn’t going to be left in a disadvantage.

“Sorry guys!” Ditzy answered disappointed to his friends, “I would love to join you, but Mr. Plankton wants me to work today despite of the snow.”

For Robert, that was an injustice, to spend the day with this rare event working was a crime. Even Mr. Krabs, known for his greediness and cheapness, gave them the day off, instead of making them work half-day.

“But getting back on topic. Edward!” Ditzy pointed towards the tall man, “How could you not like playing with the snow? I mean, It is a once in a life time opportunity for the people of Bikini Bottom who had never traveled outside and seen snow!”

“Like I said before, I think it’s immature!” Edward defended his opinion while crossing his arms in an obstinate manner. “If you want to knock each other’s brains out with snowballs, kindly leave me out of it.” And with that he entered his home and slammed the door behind him.

“Geez. Where his Christmas spirit at?” Ditzy said under her breath only for her to hear. Edward was a fine neighbor but he was always too moody for his own good. He really needed to loosen up once in a while.

“Well, see you guys after work!” Ditzy waved goodbye to her two friends and began her trek towards the Chum Bucket, the restaurant where she worked at. “Bye, Bob. Bye Pat!”

“Good bye!” “Good bye…”

Both Bob and Pat waved back; Patrick more lively than Bob. The blond was saddened that his friend couldn’t enjoy this marvelous day with them.

“Come on, Bob, let's go knock each other brains out!”Patrick proposed excitedly, wanting to go back to their game.

“Uh? Oh yeah… I’m ready.” Answered Bob with much less energy.

“What’s the matter?” asked the pink head confused by his friend shift in mood.

“It’s so bad that Ditzy can’t enjoy the snow day with us.”

“Well, why don’t you do something for her after her shifts ends?” Patrick suggested in a very rare insightful moment. Maybe it was the weather that caused this rare event.

“Wow! That’s a great idea Patrick! You’re a genius!” Bob thanked happily. Yes, he could surprise her with something special so that she doesn’t feel like she missed out!

“Am I? Wooo! Can you call my parents and tell them that!”

“Sorry, Patrick! Some other time I gotta go!” And with might speed he ran towards his house in order to plan his surprise

“Oh ok bye!” Patrick waved at his friend before going back to his own house. Maybe there was something interesting on TV this hour.

A minute later, a disappointed Edward yelled for missing out on the carnage he imagined on his head.
“Where are those two morons! They’re supposed to be knocking each other's brains out! ”

----

[At the Park]

Every member of the regular staff were anxiously preparing for the Christmas Party tonight. Pop’s was putting up all sorts of decorations around the house. Muscleman was in charge of bringing all the supplies and snacks. Skips was busy clearing up the snow at the entrance. The troublesome duo of Mordecai and Rigby were reluctantly cleaning the house. And Twilight and Thomas, the intern, were redecorating the Christmas tree after it had an ‘accident’ happen to it the day before. All the while Benson supervised them all.

“Good job everyone, good job. Keep on like this and this party will definitely begin with a great start.” The read head manager commend them all, that is until he saw Mordecai and Rigby slacking off as always at the kitchen. “You two! Get back to work!”

“In a second.” Answer Rigby dismissively, “We’ll finish, be sure of that.”

Rolling his eyes at the brunette attitude, the manager just said, “Finish cleaning or you’re fired!” And with that he left to see if there was something else to be done.

“Can you believe that guy, Mordecai? Fire us! And on Christmas eve!” the shorter of the two commented to his way taller friend and nudged him with his elbow. “Mordecai? Are you there?” he asked when his nudges failed to elicit some kind of response.

Rigby looked up to his friend as saw him looking to the side lost in thought. “HEY MORDECAI!” He yelled at the blunette finally snapping him back from his thoughts.

“Not so loud, dude!” complained Mordecai as he put his finger inside his ear, “Man, it hurts!”

“I can believe, you are still going gaga for Twilight!” Rigby accused rudely pointed at Mordecai with his finger.

“Shut up!”

“You can’t go on like this. You should just kiss her and get it over man!” Rigby suggested already being jaded with this routine.

Mordecai just remained silent and pondered his friend’s suggestion. He couldn’t help but be tempted by the idea. He had tried before but every time something went wrong and screwed up the moment.

“Tonight is the night dude! I’m sure of it!” Mordecai declared with full confidence.

“Yeah, right.” Rigby just shrugged at Mordecai’s declaration, he had heard that one many times before.

“No dude. I mean it this time. In fact I got a plan. I’ll wait until the mood of the party is just fine and then I’ll casually meet Twilight under the Mistletoe, it’s fool proof.” The bluenette explained surprising Rigby. He must be really desperate for him to try such trick. It was nothing short of commendable.

“Yes, well good luck with that.” The brunette said before Benson walked by to them and asked them a question.

“Hey, have you guys seen Fives around? I haven’t seen him around since noon.” It wasn’t like him to just disappear out of the sudden like that. And even weirder for him not to hang around Muscleman.

“I don’t know. He said something about visiting someone and that he be back when the party starts.”

---

[Elmore, California]

Even in the northern Californian city of Elmore there was snow everywhere much to the surprise of the townsfolk, who weren’t expecting to be covered in snow, and mothers everywhere made sure their children were protected from the cold.

But roaming through the snowy streets of Elmore, there were two figures who were dressed in a fashion more appropriate for summer instead of winter, but it looked that neither of them didn’t seemed to mind the cold.

The two figures were a young man around his late teens or early twenty and a girl around 13 years old. At first glance it would seem that the two of them were relatives, since both had white hair and grey eyes, but in reality they weren’t related in any way, in fact they were currently on a ‘date’.

And before anyone throws a fit and calls the police on the guy, there is another thing that you should know. They were both ghosts.

And for them, their ages didn’t really matter since they couldn’t grow older, so there wasn’t anything wrong with their relationship. Still, I didn’t stop people from staring at them and whisper behind their backs.

“Carrie, everyone’s staring.” The ‘young’ ghost pointed out to his date. Since there weren’t holding hands or anything, the stares were probably mostly because of their lack of winter clothing.

Currently he was wearing a plain white T-shirt and grey cargo pants, while she wore a dark pink shirt with a skull on it, a black skirt and boots.

“Let them stare, Fives.” Carrie deadpanned not really caring what others thought about them.

Fives just sighed in response. Sometimes he just wished his ‘girlfriend’ wasn’t so stubborn. Sure, their ghost nature prevent them from feeling the cold so there was no practical reason for them to wear winter clothes, but not doing so only made the people around them feel put off by their appearance.

That’s why when he hanged around with the guys, he dressed accordingly with the weather, to make himself look more normal and fit in. A sentiment that Carrie didn’t share since she was all ‘Emo/Punk-Rock” and was against being a conformist and stuff like that.

In short, she did what she wanted when she wanted. Something that Fives had tried to convinced her otherwise.

“Carrie, we already had this conversation…”

“So don’t bring it up again then…”

*Sigh* Why did she had to be so difficult. Sometimes he wondered why he even continued with their ‘relationship’.

Looking down at his watch, he knew that everyone back at the park had already began preparing for the Christmas party and probably were wondering where he was.

“Let’s eat something.” Carrie proposed as she took Fives’ arm and began dragging him into a store.

“Carrie…” Fives said in a ‘you should know better’ tone, refusing to let himself being dragged. “I’m not going to waste my money.” Money he earn by working everyday at the park with almost no days off.

“So now I’m a waste of money, that’s what you’re saying?” the responded with a harsh tone.

“You know I don’t mean that…” Just what was wrong with this girl today, she was way moodier than ever.

“Then what?” She demanded.

Sighing for the nth time that day, Fives answered, “Carrie, I already told you how I spend my money, don’t make me repeat it.”

There was no feasible reason for why a ghost needed money. He didn’t pay rent, and he didn’t need to buy clothes or hygiene products. So how or why did he spend his money? Mostly on stuff to make himself fit in.

Sure he didn’t need to eat or drink, but he did so and chipped in on the check when he was with Muscleman and the guys. He also bought stuff just to entertain himself and pass the time like movies and stuff.

At his answer, Carrie cross her arms over her cheat and grumbled under her breath, until she saw something that caught her attention.

“Ok then take me out to a movie!” the emo/punk girl pointed towards a small movie theater across the street.

“Alright,” Fives accepted, since it was something more practical for them “but I’m not buying you popcorn!” the tickets were already over-priced, there’s no way he was going to spend more on snacks.

“Then, I’m choosing the movie. And it’s going to be something you’ll hate.” She said like a vindictive spoiled brat which was very unlike her. She was usually more collected and deadpan.

“Fine!” Fives knew something was up with her since he had never seen her act this way before, but he had no idea what it was. Better wait for the most opportune moment to ask her or risk being chew on by the moody girl.

After they crossed the street and entered the movie theater, Carrie was dismayed by the fact that most of the current movies they were playing, were not appropriate for her ‘age’ so she couldn’t enter. So they had to conform for a movie that in all her years she thought would end up entering.

“My Little Pony: Dream Valley Girls. Princess Twilight Velvet’s crown is stolen and she has to enter another world to recover it or the land of Dream Valley is doomed.” Fives read the description out-loud. “Are you sure you want to watch this?”

Much to her chagrin, Carrie couldn’t back down now. She said she wanted to see a movie that Fives would hate, except she didn’t expect to be something that she disliked more than him.

“Yes. Now let’s go.” She said as she entered the movie not bothering opening the doors.

Fives, just let out a small chuckle and looked at his watch. There was still time, he could see the movie and make it to the Christmas party back at the park. He only hoped that by that time Carrie finally calm down a bit and begin acting like herself again.

---

“Hey Dan, wake up you sleepy head” Pinkie called softly to the sleeping Dan. It was funny how cute he looked while asleep, but she had to wake him up.

“Wha? Pinkie?” Dan Mumbled still feeling very drowsy. “How long I’ve been asleep?”

“For a while now. By the way, dinner’s ready!” she announced with a big smile.

“Really? What’s for dinner?” He asked as his stomach grumbled wanting to eat now, now, now, now!

“Roasted Turkey, stuffing, mash potatoes and roasted veggies! And for dessert apple pie!”Pinkie counted as she raised her fingers for each item.

“Sounds good!”

“Come on, let’s all go to the dinner table!” And when she said all, that included Mr. Mumbles and Gummy, who were going to eat at the table with them. Not very conventional, but since when were they conventional?

After everyone was properly seated with Dan and Pinkie across each other and with their respective pets on their right, Pinkie cleared her throat and prepared to give a small speech.

“As per tradition, there should be a speech before eating this Christmas dinner…but I always dislike those, especially because the meals get cold after a while. So everybody dig in!”

And with that, everybody began to stuff their faces. Enjoying Pinkie’s excellent cooking.

-----

After the disappointment of not seeing the two morons knock each other brains out, Edward decided to return to relaxing near the chimney, with his cup of hot tea with a slice of lime.

“Finally, I can have a moment to relax and not worry about Bob ruining this for me!” The green head said before raising his cup of tea towards him and take a sip. But as his lips touched the edges of the cup a strenuous sound appeared out of nowhere startling Edward into spilling his tea onto him.

“Grrr. BOB!” He knew it was him. It was always him.

In an instant Edward stomped towards the window and stuck his head out and yelled at his neighbor. “WHAT IS GOING ON OUT HERE?”

“Oh! Hey Edward!” Robert waved at the green head next to a big block of ice with a chainsaw on one of his hands. “I’m just making Ice sculptures with this chainsaw!”

The idea of the words Robert and Chainsaw together in the same sentence would’ve sent Edward into a small panic, but the artist inside of him ignored that part and focused on another thing.

“Ice sculptures?! Why in the seven seas are you doing that?” Bob always did bizarre things, but this one was something that did caught his attention.

“Well… It is a surprise for Ditzy! It don’t want her to feel like she missed out on the fun and since she once told me how she loved Ice Sculptures, I decided to fill the yard with them!” Bob explained with that big smile of his that’s always on his face. “Wanna help out, Edward?”

“Pfft… I got better things to do than spent time on the cold with you!” The grump retorted back, nauseated by the blonde’s invitation.

“That’s okay! Not everyone is skilled enough to something like this.” Bob said innocently, thinking he figured out why Edward refused to help.

“NOT SKILLED ENOUGH! WHY YOU…” The unappreciated artist really took offence to that. “Stay right there, Bob! I will show you that I can make much bigger and better ice sculptures than you!”

“Yay! Edward is going to help!” Bob cheered not taking notice of Edward’s real intentions. “Ditzy is going to be so surprised!”

---

Twilight was honestly surprised, even after all this time, this park always managed to up the ante in ridiculousness. Heck, she had been expecting it; she knew that even in Christmas, she wasn’t going to have a regular day.

What started as a smooth party, in which everyone was having fun, chatting with friends and making jokes about Benson’s choice of sweater, turned to the weird the moment she alongside with Mordecai and Rigby went to Skip’s garage for more sodas.

Now the three of them were inside the destroyed garage with a guy claiming to be the REAL Santa Clause. Something that even Mordecai and Rigby found difficult to believe, and that’s saying much for guys who had fought monsters, time travelled, and crossed dimensions before.

“Trust me! I'm the real Santa Claus!”The pony tailed and black jacket wearing ‘Santa Claus’ kept insisting.

“Prove it.” Rigby dared this guy, not really convinced that this guy was the real deal. Beside him Twilight nodded in agreement.

Even after everything she knew about science was proven wrong by this park, she still clung to some hope that the world had a little semblance of sanity.

“Okay, look. You're Twilight, Mordecai and Rigby. Twilight stopped writing me letter after she turned twelve but I've been getting letters from you two EVERY YEAR since you were little.” Santa pointed out making Twilight eyebrow to go up.

Sure, he was correct about her stop writing letters to Santa after she turned 13, but that didn’t proved anything. Most kids stop writing letters to Santa around that age. As she was about to make her point known, Santa continued with his tirade.

"Dear Santa, dude, give me an invisibility cloak." Santa said mocking the two guy’s way of speaking "Santa, dude, don't be a jerk, just give me an invisibility cloak."

“This is Santa.” Rigby stated now without any doubt.

“Yeah. I know!” Mordecai agreed. Causing Twilight to face palm.

Then Santa proceeded to tell them about one of his Elves creating a Christmas gift so powerful and desirable that drove people mad over it, and that it was now their mission to destroy the gift or risk Christmas to be gone forever.

Yep. This is how she was spending her Christmas.

---

“So…what do you think about the movie?” Fives asked as he and his date walked out of the theater.

Carrie just remained silent making Fives think that she hated it more than he did. But what he didn’t was that Carrie did liked the movie, more than she thought possible for something so sissy. Still, she wasn’t going to tell anyone about it; she had a reputation to maintain.

Looking down at his watch, Fives saw the hour and just like he expected he was now late for the party.

“Look, Carrie. It’s getting late and I gotta go.” He said at her who had her head to the side not looking at him. “Maybe I’ll see you later, like the day after tomorrow.” He was sure that Benson was going to put them to clean the house to perfection the morning after the party.

“Whatever. Go away. Go to your stupid party!” She said angrily before storming away from him, leaving him alone.
Darn. He didn’t have to for this, but he couldn’t leave her like that either. Looking at his watch one last time, Fives decided to give chase.

It didn’t took him long to find the angry girl. She was sitting on a bench at a nearby park looking miserable. Or more miserable than she usually pretended to be when she was doing her whole ‘the world is nothing but pain’ routine.

Fives got near her and sat besides her not saying anything. As he expected, Carrie just inched away from him instead of bolting out again. Then he just waited in silence waiting for her to talk, knowing that if he was the first one to talk she was going to clamp up even more.

As the time passed, Fives couldn’t help but to check his watch every now and then. It had being 10 minutes and she still refused to say anything. Sighing, Fives put his clock away only to look at it again a minute later. And that was the last drop of Carrie.

“Stop looking at your watch! If you’re so concerned about that stupid party of yours, you should just leave!” She finally said after all the silence. “Just go away and leave me alone!”

“Carrie…” he began with a soft tone, “What’s wrong?” And that was all he said. Just a simple question.

“There’s nothing wrong! Why would you assume there’s something wrong with me?” She answered defensively.

“You’re upset, and not in your normal way.” He simply pointed out. “Also I never asked if something was wrong with you, I just asked what was wrong. Now I know that whatever this is, it’s about you”

Let it be known that despite his silent nature with the guys didn’t meant he didn’t care to listen or pay attention to the people he denoted as friends.

“Shut up.” That was her only response.

“Fine. We can spend the whole night in silence if you want.” Fives said this not to dismiss her words but as a simple fact. If she wanted to play the silent game, he could play it well, he was accustomed to not say anything at all for hours and hours.

Knowing the truth behind his words, Carrie sighed before finally admitting the truth, “It’s just….I…I… I feel lonely.”

“Lonely?”

“Yes. It just that everyone is always so happy and full of cheer these days. At school everyone talked and talked about how Christmas is so special and how it fills their hearts with warmth. And I…I just simple can’t understand it. I cannot feel any warmth any cheer, just with an empty feeling inside.”

Heck, she couldn’t even feel the cold that snow brings. She could touch it, she could mold it, but she couldn’t feel it.

“I see…I think I understand now.” Fives said with a sigh. “Sometimes I feel like that too.”

“Really?”

“Really.

What she was describing was something that he felt too. And it was all because of their spectral nature.

Ghosts, in essence, were just souls who couldn’t cross over to the ‘other side’ and forced to roam around looking for whatever caused them to stay in the living world. But with time, ghosts tended to forget the reasons that kept them here and just moved on with their ‘lives’.

It wasn’t exactly a good thing but it was far from being a horrible fate. Sure it sucked not being able to feel the sun’s warmth and the cold snow, or enjoy the flavors of anything they ate or drink, but it was far better than, say Hell.

“Carrie I too, know well how empty things feel from time to time, but we cannot allow ourselves to fall in disappear. Whenever I feel down, I simply remember all the good friends I have and all the moments we spent together, both the good and the bad, because being able to be there create memories that we’ll carry forever is what being alive it’s all about.”

“Wow. That’s the most I’ve ever heard you say at one time about anything at all” Carrie said with a stony expression; meaning that his words really made her feel better. “It’s kind of weird.”

“Don’t expect it to be a recurring thing.” Fives joked relieved that Carrie was feeling more like herself.

“Carrie…”

“Yes Fives?”

“Would you like to go to the party back on the Park?”

“Really?” She asked in sincere surprise, “Wouldn’t it be uncomfortable for you? I mean..”

“I really mean it!” He said before she could finish, “I’m sure the guys will see past the ‘age’ gap. Besides, you already told your friends about me, it’s only fair to tell my friends.”

“Ok, Fives. Let’s go.”

---

“Bob?”

“Yes Ditzy?”

“Is this really necessary?” she asked for the tenth time since her friend came to her work and picked her up. He said that there was something really ‘big’ back at home and that she needed to wear a blindfold.

“Believe me, it is!” Had it being another person, Ditzy would’ve refused walking anywhere wearing a blindfold, but she trusted Robert enough to not let her astray.

Bob kept on leading her back home holding her hand, and Ditzy couldn’t help but find the gesture really charming.

“Here we are Ditzy!” Bob announced as they came to a stop and release the hold on her hand. “Are you ready?”

“I’m sure!” she answered and the next second the blindfold came off. “Oh my god!” she gasped in surprise.

“SURPRISE!” came a loud shout from many people.
In her yard, there was a small crowd of people having a party with many ice sculptures from all shapes and sizes around them.

“Do you like them? Huh huh?” Bob asked cheerfully.
“Bob…how..? when…?” The blond girl was speechless. What were so many people doing here with ice sculptures?

“Well…I didn’t want you to feel like you miss out on this snow day because of work, so I decided to sculpt you a statue from a block of ice! But then I got Edward to join me and then after him more and more people came and gave us a hand!”

Ditzy was touched by the gesture. Everyone came together for her. She was so moved that she felt her eyes water with tears. “I don’t know what to say.”

“Just come and look at all these sculptures!”

“Ok!”

It was incredible the level of quality some of the sculptures had. They looked very professional, and one on particular caught her attention.

“Wow Patrick, did you made this?” she asked marveled at the piece besides the pink head. It was a big DNA chain.

“I wanted to make a snowball!” was his only replied.

“Uh…I still liked it!” Ditzy quickly said trying to sadden his friend.

“What do you think about mine?” Edward intervened wanting to be recognized as the true artist that he was.

“It’s…the most original I seen…” The blond girl said unsure. Edward’s sculpture was a replica of himself. With a few creative liberties here and there. Did he make his butt look bigger on purpose?

The rest where just as impressive. Mr. Krabs with a replica of the Krusty Krab, Mrs. Puff with a boat, Larry with his barbells and Sandy’s replica of Texas.

But there was a sculpture that she had yet to see.

“Bob? Where’s yours?” She asked puzzled. Did he say he was the first one to start sculpting?

“Mine is the backyard! Come on and see!” Bob urged her as he took her hand once more to lead her to his creation. “See there it is!”

For the second time that day, Ditzy gasped on surprise.

It was her. A sculpture of her blowing bubbles.

“Bob?”

“Remember the first time we met? It was when I had that Bubble Stand on the side of the street and you were my first customer. And then you blew so many bubbles and without using ‘the technique’. It was one of the most amazing things I ever seen. So I tried to recapture the moment just like a remember it.”

“…”

“So? Do you like it?” Bob asked, but instead of a yes or no, the answer he received has in the form of tight hug and a small kiss on the cheek which made him blush a very dark tone of red.

“I love it.” She answered without letting him out of the hug.

“Bob?”

“Yes Ditzy?

“Let’s stay like this for a while.”

---

Twilight still couldn’t believe the events of tonight. Going down an abandoned mine, pass through different booby traps one which was wrestling a gigantic bear, only to end with this elf Quillgin falling into a pit of freaking lava alongside the box he so desired.
And the strange thing is that this wasn’t even the weirdest adventure they had since coming to this place.

“Are you ok, Twilight?” asked Mordecai as he sat next to her on the couch.

“I’m fine. And you?” The bluenette did fell down a pit of lava; the heat alone should have caused some kind of injury.

“I’m fine too.” It wasn’t like he had being in mortal danger before, today was pretty tame compared to other days. Still, he knew that Twilight still worried even after everything turned out fine. “This Christmas didn’t turn up like you expected it, did it?”

“No, It was definitely close, but I didn’t see coming the fact that Santa Claus was real.” With her time on the park she had come to accept the idea that magic was real, destroying her cold and realistic view on the world.

Still it hurt every time she saw or experienced something that couldn’t be explained with science. It made her feel like everything she knew was wrong and useless.

Suddenly she stiffened when she felt something fall on her shoulders only to relax when she noticed it was Mordecai’s arm.

“Twilight, I know how you sometime feel about the stuff that happens around here and that it ruined your first Christmas way from home.” Mordecai said softly trying to cheer her up, “But think of it this way. If Santa Claus is real and so it’s magic then everything we put our minds into can be possible. Like world peace and stuff.”

“Yeah, that’s true.” She said smiling at Mordecai’s optimistic view of things. “Thanks Mordecai. For always knowing what to say”

“Thank you too Twilight. For still being here with m…all of us.” He corrected himself before he said something embarrassing.

With a chuckle, Twilight leaned on him and gave him a small kiss on the lips. “There. Now you don’t have to get me under the Mistletoe.”

“Y-y-you knew?” The bluenette asked more embarrassed than surprised, and the red blush on this face emphasized his sentiment.

“It’s not like you were very subtle about it the whole party.” She explained enjoying the look on his face.

“I guess.”

“Sorry to interrupt the moment you love birds, but we still have a house to clean up.” Benson intervened, ruining the mood. “Let’s get going!”

“Really, dude? Right now?”Mordecai couldn’t help but complain, they just saved Christmas and Benson wanted them to work? What gives?

“Right now!” The red head manager repeated, “I’m going to get the cleaning supplies. So stay put.”

“Come on Mordecai, Look at it this way. Now the night can’t get even worse or even weirder” Twilight said trying to console him.

“Hey everyone sorry to be late…oh man did we missed the party?” Suddenly said Fives as he phased through the door. “I wanted everyone to meet my girlfriend!”

“GIRLFRIEND?!” repeated both Mordecai and Twilight surprised by the revelation.

“Hello, the name’s Carrie.” An underage white haired girl greeted with a very wooden tone.

“Ok, now this got weirder.”

“Definitely.”

---

“You got me a gift?” Dan asked surprised finally feeling much better from the cold.

“Of course silly, It’s Christmas!” Pinkie said as she handed him a wrapped box.

The two of them sitting on the couch while Mr. Mumbles and Gummy played with the Christmas gift they had just received from Pinkie; a bright new ball and sweater for Mr. Mumbles and a chewable toy and hat for Gummy.

“But I didn’t get you anything…” said Dan feeling a little self conscious. He never really gave anyone a gift before besides Chris, and even then he borrowed some of his friend’s money to buy him a gift.

“It doesn’t matter, just open it!” She encourage him with a big smile.

“Ok then,” Dan tore the wraps and opened this gift only to find something kind of disappointing. “An organizer?” He asked trying his best not to show how underwhelmed he was.

“Not just any organizer, it is custom made just for you! Open it! Now you can write down and keep organized anyone who gets in ‘the list’, look it even has a special place so you can place profile picture so you can never forget the face of those who wrong you.” She explained all too excitedly.

“I even got you a personalized rubber stamp for when you already got them back. Oh, oh, and also when closed, its covers made of a special material, prevents the pages to get damaged or wet!”

“Wow! This is great.” Dan was honestly surprised, he didn’t expect Pinkie to put so much thought on his gift and it was incredible useful too. No longer he had to suffer remembering who were half the people that got on his list when it got damaged.

“Glad you liked it, Dan.” She said giving him a big smile and made him feel slightly upset for not getting her a present. She gave him a very useful one so it was only fair, but what?

“Pinkie, I got you a present too.” He said without thinking.

“Really what is it?” Pinkie asked curiously. She had being taking care of Dan all day so she was convinced that he didn’t have time to but her something.

“Yes, something that had being coming a long time now. From now on you can call me…ugh…Danny!” He said the last part as it was poisonous.

“Really! That’s so neat, Danny!” She had being waiting so long to call him that, but ever since he told her how he hated it, she never tried again.

“Yes, but only when where are all alone!” That was his only condition. It would be too embarrassing to hear her call him that in public.

“Thank you very much, Danny!” Pinkie said she give him a big hug.

“You’re going to call me like that in all you sentences, aren’t you?” Dan said already annoyed by the name.

“That’s right, Danny!”

“Ugh!”

“Merry Christmas, Dan.”

“Merry Christmas, Pinkie.”
---
[Bonus]

On the other side of the world.

“I’m sorry Fluttershy, I know this isn’t how you wanted to spent our first Christmas together.” A white haired young man apologized to his girlfriend.

“Don’t worry Soma. It might not have being the quiet and relaxing night you planned, but it was memorable to say the least.” Fluttershy said as she put her hand on his shoulder. “Fighting a legion of mad cultists who were trying to bring the god of chaos Shuma Gorath to our dimension is something that I’m not going to forget anytime soon.”

“Merry Christmas Fluttershy.”

“Merry Christmas Soma.”

Author's Note:

Sorry for some of the spelling and choppyness on this chapter, I'm posting this as soon at it was finished, so I couldn't send it to Mistershield for editing.

Anyway, this is for you, Small stories, (out of canon) that may or may not had to do with Christmas, I don't know.

So, Merry Christmas and Happy Holidays for you all!

Comments ( 61 )

I don't know where Carrie and Fives are from, but this chapter was very enjoyable; it was funny to have Twilight in place of Margaret to solidify the crossover shipping between her and Mordecai :rainbowlaugh:

Merry Christmas :rainbowkiss::raritywink::moustache:

3678742
Fives is High Five Ghost from Regular Show,
And Carrie is from the Amazing World of Gumball.

3678761 Oh, right. Now I remember :derpytongue2:

The first sentence of this summery confuses me because Dan is lactose intolerant, why would he be having a milkshake? Is he committing suicide? He really dose need Pinkies help.

...I'm half wondering..who would go with Applejack..? And Rarity, for that matter...I can't stop thinking of Speed Racer.

3678771
The milkshake was for Chris.

3678772
Like Marge Simpson once said when asked if Homer was going to kill the whole family.
"We're just gonna have to wait and see."

3678780
I just face palmed at myself javascript:smilie(':facehoof:');

Merry Christmas to you, too!

Great chapter.

I love how you've expanded this story universe this chapter. Will all these character's meet later in the story?

This chapter with the whole Mordecai and Twilight pairing and all the cartoons sharing the same world has me thinking of the author cartuneslover16 on deviantart. Have you ever read their work?

Fun chapter. What's "Carrie" from, though?

3678869
To naswer your first question...probably. :unsuresweetie: Things are already too hetic in the Dan Vs Universe alone so it is a scary prospect combining so many 'worlds' into one. Heck that's the subplot on my 'Mordetwi' story.
As for Cartunlover16, yes, I'm very aware of her work. She' the one who introduced me to MordeTwi.

3678892
She from the Amazing World of Gumball.

After reading this chapter, coincidentally there is an ad for Spongebob Squarepants on iTunes...Ha.

3679703
uh? :rainbowhuh:I'll suppose that you found something dissatisfying in the content of this chapter. :unsuresweetie:
But what? :derpyderp1:

I don't know about Mister Shield but I loved it. :twilightsmile:

I normally hate Spongebob but I love him hanging around Ditzy...:derpytongue2:

3679703

Oh no. Chapter was good. Was hoping to see maybe interactions between other mane 6 instead of Derpy and Sponge. Not that I dislike them, but we got them instead of the others.

3681510
Well, RD, Rarity and AJ haven't had the change of having their own pairing yet. That's why I didn't include them. But at one point I considered adding them at the end just like I did with FS but with really 'out-there' characters.
For example, I planned for Rarity to be with: Thor or something like that.

3681295
Early seasons spongebob was a good character. A naive and happy 'boy/teen' who only wanted to do the right thing and spend time with his best friends. :derpytongue2:
Now...:pinkiesick:

3681934
An in-joke(that's why it's in the bonus) for MisterShield's story. 'Humans Assemble' You should give it a read! :pinkiesmile:
Soma Cruz is a character from Castlevania.

3681702 I humbly disagree, I never liked Spongebob; be it then or now.

After my nieces started watching him (and yes that was early on) they stopped wanting to study and be smart.
:twilightoops:

Said, "We don't want to be eggheads...they don't get dates...":facehoof:

Odd thing to hear from a coupleof year olds...:unsuresweetie::applecry:

Yay! You used the Golden Age Spongebob and not that piece of shit Spongebob they've been trying to pass off as entertaining for the last few years! Did you know they're finally canceling the show? I heard it was getting canceled and I was just like, "Meh".

Oh yeah, the chapter is awesome too. I demand more, update soon, blah blah blah...

3683446
Matter of perspective I guess...:unsuresweetie:

3684523
Glad I could help, If you have any questions at all, don't be afraid to ask them.

3684248
Spongebob used to be one of my favorite shows...
Now...:pinkiesad2: ...I don't know who he is anymore.

I love this fic.
the shipping is the silliest i've ever seen, mixing up so many different fandoms but it doesn't seem forced at all. all the pairings work and being able to combine them all into a single universe is a touch of genius.

PS what if spike and finn the human reflected together over the futility of chasing older women

3685770
:unsuresweetie:
I'm afraid we are thinking of two different things...
upload.wikimedia.org/wikipedia/en/9/95/Shuma_Gorath.jpg

NO, DON'T CROSS THE STREAMS, NOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOO!:flutterrage:



I really hope MS edits this as soon as possible, because there are grammatical errors everywhere that really detract from this silly chapter

also I don't really care for the other pairings, especially for the huminization of all of them (seriosly? robert and pink haired patrick? also edward should be bald, since he always laments his lack of hair while no one else really cares (especially since there are only like 2-3 characters on SBSP who have hair:rainbowlaugh:)


except for the derpyxSB ship, I don't generally approve of spongebob ships because he hasn't shown any inclinations of shipping what-so-ever, but I'll let it slide on this one because I like it:yay:

also way to live up to your name Dan:ajbemused:

3687122
Well, this was just a non-canon chapter, a Holiday Special with short stories just for fun, so you don't have to worry about getting mixed. This story is self-contained though I'm not above making a slight references here and there, but nothing too serious.
In fact my MordeTwi story has a subplot with XeroM about the risks of 'crossing the crossovers'.

... What an awkward and yet, incredibly great crossover this is.
So many references, so little time. :derpytongue2:

Now I'm wondering about Applejack, Rainbow Dash and Rarity. :yay:

I'm still dissapointed that you didn't make a ghostbusters reference:derpytongue2:

3681680 Well, he IS royalty. She'll just have to get used to fewer art galleries and more ice troll decapitations.

And what of Rainbow Dash?

Rainbow Dash is totally not trying to keep up with the fastest hedgehog man, with his patented figure-8 style run.

I shouldn't fuel this ship, but what's the fun in that?:pinkiecrazy:

Comment posted by Menoshe deleted Jan 15th, 2014

...Refer to my profile picture for my reaction. It sums it up pretty nicelPr

Update seen? Yes? No? Maybe? :scootangel:

It's been over a month...update?...:applecry::unsuresweetie::pinkiesad2::fluttershysad:

That, was the best Christmas get together ever!
Spongebob
Regular Show
Gumball
And of course Dan vs and MLP humans.
You sir, have rekindled my Christmas cheer. :pinkiecrazy:

It's been two months so...update?...:pinkiesad2::applecry::unsuresweetie:

That was funny thanks, it made me day. :pinkiehappy:

Where did you get the image from? I remember seeing it somewhere besides here.

"This was a nice and touching chapter:heart: I love it:pinkiehappy:!"

-JumpKick

3687742 It's been over three months...update?...:pinkiesad2::applecry::unsuresweetie:

3687742 ...it's been four months...update?...:unsuresweetie:

Maybe Finn from Adventure Time with Applejack :ajsmug:?

4292037 Do you know what hiatus means? It means a pause or gap in a sequence, series, or process.

Login or register to comment