• Published 9th Aug 2013
  • 10,255 Views, 821 Comments

Dan & Pinkie VS. - Morex25



Dan meets a Pink haired girl that changes his life.

  • ...
39
 821
 10,255

A Party Planner and a Ninja Go to the Barber’s and...


Dan&Pinkie VS.
Chapter 14- Solid Snake in,
-

Even though she was finally out of the house thanks to Gummy’s ‘motivational’ speech, Pinkie still had no idea what she was supposed to do. The only thing the little green alligator said, with the use of a lot of profanities, was to “get out and do something about it.”

But what exactly?

The pinkette kept on wondering what her next course of action should be while walking around with no real sense of direction or purpose. Like often in her life, she decided on one thing. Listen to her heart! Thank heavens for her extremely good luck and sixth sense. If it weren’t for them, the distracted girl would’ve already suffered from dozens of grizzle accidents; from being run over by a truck to a steel pipe falling on her head.

‘Dan’

She now knew that what she felt for him was stronger than admiration or a crush. She…she loved him. Smitten was long ago passed, and a silly crush phase was never an issue. All that time spent together was fun, exhausting, funny, combat loaded, and the list went on and on.

Admitting that lifted a whole lot of weight of her mind, but it brought another whole set of upsetting thoughts.

She could still clearly remember the words that brought her so much pain a few days ago.

“What are talking about?” Dan replied with utter confusion, “I’m not going to take out Pinkie! Are you crazy or something?”

Just what was so crazy about asking her out?

“ I mean, seriously, she is like… a female Chris to me!”

Female Chris. A few days ago, she wouldn’t have minded that remark, Chris was Dan’s best and closest friend and she would’ve been glad to be considered at such; but now not so much. No offense to Chris, he is a nice guy, but she wanted to be something more than that, to be more than a friend.

But how to become that? What to do to make Dan look at her in that manner? Changing from girl-friend to girlfriend material.

“What would Rarity say?” Yes, Rarity was always the self-imposed expert on matter of the heart, despite never seeing her dating many guys, or going steady with the few guys she dated.

”You have to use your womanly wiles, darling!” A chibi version of her friend said inside her mind. And despite having a big head in comparison from the rest of her body, Chibi Rarity still managed to look fabulous no matter the shape or form.

”Womanly wiles? Do I even have any of those?” She asked to the mental representation of her memories of her friend Rarity, not questioning her own mental sanity once.

“Of course, my dear. Every girl has some. It’s all on the technique!” Chibi Rarity said with full confidence.

“Like what?”

” There are some simple techniques that engage your feminine power which men readily react to. These are things like a warm smile, good manners, a gentle voice, maybe even light touches to his arm to accent your voice. Being confident, passionate, and witty in the way you speak to him will definitely charm any man. This is, in essence, Flirting 101.”

”But I don’t have time for all that! He’s already entranced by this other girl. Don’t you have a more effective and faster technique?” Pinkie asked in an urgent manner to the imaginary chibi version of her friend.

“Well, you could always go for a more direct approach instead of acting coy. Just go directly at him and offer him a Happy Ending!” Chibi Rarity offered with a sly grin.

“W.what?!”

“Yes, picture it! You, wearing nothing but a party hat and him sitting on the couch with cake frosting on his…”

“Stop it! Don’t say such embarrassing things!” Pinkie shouted while covering her face with her hands. Unaware that she just make the people around here look at her for shouting out of the blue.

“What’s so embarrassing about Fairy GOD PARENTS?!” A lanky black haired wierdo hunchback with an ear on his neck spazed out.

“Excuse me, but talking about my glandular problem is not embarrassing!” A fat man walked off as a boy followed him with a tuba.

“Look, I know its stupid, ok?! But its my job to be a mime!”

“Damnit, I’m a Brony and damn proud of it! I will love and tolerate the shit out of you!” A man in a Firefly shirt huffed off.

“Whatever, I’m out of here!” Chibi Rarity said in a very un-Rarity-like manner and disappeared. Though Rarity’s top changed to have a gold and black shield for a fraction of a second on the front.

Pinkie stopped walking, offering a ‘sorry’ and a wave of her hand. Ok, so asking ‘Rarity’ was a bad idea. Maybe try asking someone a little more down to earth, like Applejack!

“Howdy! Pinkeh!” Now greeted a chibi Applejack, who for some reason had a southern accent thicker than the real one.

She looked exactly like the last time Pinkie saw her. With her long blond hair under her ever present stetson hat, her orange flannel shirt, blue jeans and her cowboy boots.

“Look, Pinkieh. In all honesty, Ah don’t know whut yuh see in dat guy in dah first place, but if yuh need muh advice, Ah’ll gladly give it ta yuh, sugahcube!” Chibi AJ said with a smile that could inspire all the blue collar workers in a 500 yard radius.

“Yes, please help me, what should I do?” Pinkie pleaded hoping for better advice than the one she got from ‘Rarity’.

“Think of it as a rodeo! Yore in a competition girl! Ah’m not saying saboutage that girl, but do yer best to win his heart~! Have yuh really honestly tried yer best to get ‘im? Maybe that’s why he think yore a friend than a girlfriend material”

”Yuh can’t just go and throw yerself to ‘im” Chibi AJ answer with a forbidding, similar to the ones parents use on their childs when they ask for a cookie before dinner.

“What do you mean?”

”Ah mean, dat Dan fellow might look like a thorny little man. But wat yuh can be sure he ain't that difficult to figure out. All yuh have to do is git his respect.”

”But how does that help me to get him to like me?” Pinkie asked back confused by the advice.

”Look at it dis way. Dan cares for that big oaf Chris, correct?“ AJ waited for Pinkie to nod at her before continuing. ”But, does he respect ‘im? No. But who does Dan respect?“

”Uh...his mechanic and bomb supplier?“ Pinkie offered not really sure where chibi AJ was going with this.

“Exactly! But does he consider them friends?“ And again AJ waited until Pinkie answered, this time with a negative. “Don’t yuh see? Dan accepts only two kind of people. People he considers friends and people he respects. You already have his acceptance as a friend, now yuh have to make his respect yuh! ...and yer authoritah.”

Pinkie remained silent, while considering her little friend’s advice. Had she done anything that Chris wouldn’t do? Is that why Dan called her female-Chris?

Though she loved Dan, she still felt a little hurt by his words and what AJ said was true. Dan didn’t respect pushovers or hopeless people. So gaining his respect was a good idea. She had to do something that could REALLY impress him, and considering that she already save his life once and that wasn’t enough, it was sure to say she didn’t have any idea to try at the moment.

”Thanks for the advice Applejack. You really give me something to think about” Though she still didn’t have a clear cut answer to her predicament, Pinkie was still grateful for the advice.

” Aww shucks! Yer welcome,Sugahcube! Now if yuh ‘xcuse me, Ah got apples to delivah!” Chibi Aj said before getting inside a red pick-up truck and waved goodbye while jumping over a white fence riding to the sunset. YEE-HAW!”

In hindsight, maybe it would have been a better idea to actually call her friends next time.

After chibi-AJ was gone, Pinkie continued her walk through the streets musing over what to do, until she finally reached and stopped at a very familiar place.

NINJA DAVE’S COOKIE SHOP! The place from where she ordered cookies for her parties. Work related or not, by the way. Though the party planner was also an excellent baker, she had to admit that Ninja Dave had a special talent for cookie baking. It probably was an ancient and secretly guarded ninja technique. Usually, she would’ve been ecstatic to enter and have a chat with Dave and order some of his delicious cookies, or as she called them, Ninjalicious.

Except that today, the familiar and warm that she usually associated with the place, was replaced with resentfulness. Because it was here, were Dan met HER, the other day if she recalled Dan’s ‘tale’ correctly. The memory of it still stung her, but not as bad as it had been before.

Pinkie, was about to turn around and leave the place behind, until a thought came to her.
Ninja Dave was there! I mean, it was obvious he was there because it was his shop and stuff, but at what she was referring to was that Dave probably saw the whole thing with Dan the other day.

Being the only one who worked in the whole shop, he must have witness what transpired that day and maybe tell her about this ‘Becky’, if that was even her real name. Yes, with the information she’ll get from Dave, she could conjure up what her next plan of action will be.

With a deep breath, the Pinkie walked towards the entrance of the cookie shop with more resolve than ever.
----

‘Today sure is a slow day’ thought the only person inside the cookie shop. A young black haired japanese-american guy. Who, despite his ‘delinquent-style’ haircut may say, he was the owner of the place. Unlike traditional bakers, he was unusually thin. But like traditional snack shop workers you see at malls, he wore a uniform polo red shirt and a paper hat on his head. But the paper hat a chocolate chip cookie on the front.

And for the of his shop, ‘Ninja Dave’s Cookie Shop’, that was no joke. Dave was really a Ninja. Or a retired ninja now.

It was surprising how far he had come this past few months. Never in his life Dave would’ve thought he would end off as the owner of his own business, especially one that involved baking sweets.

Not so long ago, he was a Ninja, a hired mercenary and skilled thief that travelled whenever he wanted doing whatever ‘jobs’ came to him, for large sums of money.

But everything changed the night he decided to steal cookies from an angry little man, named Dan. Doing so lead him to find Elise, a runaway member of his Ninja Clan, The Koushugi Clan. As for ancient tradition, it was his duty as a member of a Ninja clan to dispose of any traitors to the clan and people that were involved with the traitor. That meant going after Elise and Dan.

After a failed attempt against Dan’s life, which involved poison darts to the neck, he challenged Elise to a duel to the death, which ended up on his defeat. Luckily for him, Elise spared his life, much Dan’s chargin who wanted him to suffer a penance for stealing his cookies. In the end, he punishment was to bake new cookies for Dan, which meant going against the oath of his clan and it’s founder, Koushugi Jiro, signifying the end of his life as a Ninja.

Which wasn’t all that bad. He discovered he had an innate talent for baking cookies, and now had an stable, not to mention legal, job which meant that he could finally settle down and live a danger free life. Being a ninja was cool and all, but it was a tiring profession, filled with strict rules and responsibilities, too large for him to carry, especially being the last member of his clan.

It was better if he let the Koushugi Clan finally rested in peace and disappear from memory. And finally be free to pursue other things in life. Yes, It was a good life, the life of a cookie shop owner.

Except when there weren’t many clients coming today.

Usually his shop was packed with clients hungry for some of his delicious cookies. But then again it was around lunch time so it was one of those ‘dead hours’ in which barely any client ever show up, not even regulars.

‘Well, people don’t really have cookies for lunch, do they?’ Dave reasoned while flipping through a magazine behind the counter. That’s how he habitually spent time during those long boring ‘dead hours’, he would flip upon a magazine or the newspaper and read about anything that caught his attention.

For example, today he was reading about a Japanese-style village filled with mediums that channeled spirits into the living world; but the most curious fact was that this village was located in a mountain just outside of Los Angeles. How would’ve thought?

But Dave’s reading came to a stop when he heard the familiar sound of the door chimed, signaling the arrival of a customer.

“いらっしゃいませ!” He greeted in his mother tongue before correcting himself and greeted again but this time in English, “I mean, Welcome! What can I do for you today?”

The moment the Ex-Ninja saw who the customer was, his eyes brighten a little. It was Pinkie Pie! One of his best clients. She would always come and ask for a big order, either for one of the many parties she organized or for personal consumption.

Also, Dave would be lying to himself if he said that he didn’t find her attractive. Sure, in his motherland of Japan you could find high-schoolers with similarly well-developed bodies and colored hair from all the colors of the rainbow. But, Pinkie had something that rarely was found in Japan.

“That puffy hair like cotton candy.”

Pink hair was very common in Japan, but it was always long and straight, never curly or puffy. So to him it was very exotic.

Not that he would ever tell her that.

He who was trained in one of the deadliest fighting arts ever, who was well versed in all sorts of weapons including the ninjatou, shuriken, sai, kunai, kusari-gama, etc. He who was trained to be an agent of darkness; inconspicuous to all prying eyes and silent like a shadow. He who was no unfamiliar with assassination, espionage and thieving techniques…

Couldn’t ask the girl he liked to a date.

Pathetic.You bring dishonor to your ancestors.

“Hey Dave.” Pinkie greeted with a distinct lack of cheer, which didn’t went unnoticed by the former ninja.

“Are you feeling alright?” Dave had to ask. Never had he seen the energetic girl this down.
Where was her enthusiasm, or the ever present smile that liven up your day? Where was the skip in her walk and the energy of her moves? And more notably, where was the puff in her lovely hair?

“Yes, I’m fine.” She lied obviously not wanting to talk about what was bothering her, something that he picked on and didn’t tried to bring it out again, no matter how curious he was.

“Say… how many cookies would you like today?” Dave asked trying to change the subject to a more familiar one. “In fact I’ll give you a discount too! For being my best client off course!”

“Sorry Dave, but I didn’t come for cookies today.”

Didn’t come for cookies today?! Preposterous!

That definitely settled it. Dave didn’t need his ninja instinct to know that whatever happened, it must have been big. Pinkie, no matter what, always had cookies every time she came to his store, even if her visit was just social.

And no matter the quantity, he would always be happy to bake for her, just to see her smile after taking a bite out of his cookies.

“Are you sure?” Still, Dave didn’t have any idea of how to approach to the subject. He was curious about what happened but his also didn’t want to come off as rude or meddleing.

“I’m sure.”

And after that, both of them fell into an uncomfortable silence that the former ninja didn’t know how to break it. It was like he could just take his ninjatou and cut it. And with every passing second he grew more and more anxious, waiting for whatever was happening to end.

Fortunately for his sanity and the growing sweat marks on his shirt, Pinkie broke the silence. “Dave, do you remember the last time that Dan was here?”

Dan? That really came out of the blue. Did he had anything to do with whatever was making Pinkie act so unusual? Then again, Dave often saw her with his redeemer. Were they dating?

“Yes, I remember. If I recall correctly he was chatting with another customer.” A female customer, and a cute one at that, but still it didn’t hold a candle to the pink haired girl in front of him.

“Do you know who it was?” She asked again, this time with a strange tone. It was like a mix bag of contradicting emotions, that not even his Ninja Sense could pinpoint.

“Not that much,” Dave replied honestly, “all I know is that her name’s Becky and she comes here once a week or so.” At his answer, he could see that a gloomy feel was slowly forming around Pinkie. Just what was up with all the questions?

“Her father in the other hand…” he added uncertain of what exactly was upsetting her.

“Yes…?” In an instant the Pinkie was closer than before, clearly interested in whatever little bit of information he could offer.

“Her father, Mr. Barber, the…um…patron from the barbershop down the block, he comes regularly.” Really, that was his name. Talk about predetermined career path. Almost like he was born in a land of magical talking ponies who got named for their future occupations.

“The Barber?”

“Yes, nice guy when you get to know him and a great barber too, from what some of my regulars tell me. Not that I would know myself…” he admitted and before Pinkie had any opportunity to ask, he added, “As a Ninja, or former Ninja, I don’t lower my guard around people, especially people with sharp tools on their hands. That’s why I cut my own hair and do my own dental work.”

Pinkie, putting aside his comments for another occasion, asked. “Do you know anything else about him?”

Inside her own mind, Pinkie was fretting about the immense coincidence that Ninja Dave casually revealed to her. Who would have thought that the so called Becky was the daughter of the only Barber around these parts? Which coincidentally, it was the same barber that ruined Dan’s hair.

But it made sense.

It explained why a barber would ruin somebody’s hair. He was surely against the idea of Dan wanting to take his daughter out on a date. An idea she could get behind.

‘Maybe I can work this on my advantage.’ She could cook a plan that would not only help her get Dan back and teach him a lesson at the same time, but also make sure that Becky would never be a problem anymore. Now all she needed was to get as much information as she could.

“Well…he once let it slip that he was part of an organization called ‘The Hallow Society of Barber Surgeons’”

“The Hollow what now?”

“The Hallow Society of Barber Surgeons. It’s a secret society that has existed since the dawn of western civilization. Almost like Ninja Clans, except with barbers.” Dave explained without a hint of a doubt. He had investigated about the Society when he first came to the U.S. Only a fool would enter a new place without investigating first, on whose turf he was stepping in.

“And as with all secret societies, if you unfortunately manage to get on a member’s bad side, you will have the entire organization coming after you. And trust me, they have ways to make you ’disappear’” Not that he would have to worry about it; his ninja skills would surely triumph over them.

As for Pinkie, this new information troubled her.

‘I wanted to teach Dan a lesson, but this…” This was a complete game changer.
Knowing Dan he would undoubtedly already be in the middle of his revenge scheme. And once he was done, he would get into REALLY deep trouble and that HSBS will make him ‘disappear’.
Sure, she was still peeved with him for all the things he said, but she didn’t want him to be ‘disposed of’.

“Dave! You need to help me!” Pinkie declared with the utmost urgency.

“W-with what?” Dave asked slightly taken aback by the girl’s sudden change of behavior. Nonetheless he was ready to help any way he could.

“It’s Dan! he’s most likely already in trouble with the HSBS. You have to help me find a way to save him from those guys!” If there was anyone that could help them, that would have to be Dave. With his Ninja skills and Intel he was the most qualified for the task.

“I don’t know…” The baker answer hesitantly, he already retired from being a ninja and he didn’t want to get involved in a problem that didn’t directly concern him. Besides, why would Dan get in trouble with the...nevermind, stupid question.

And even though Dan accidentally help him get where he was right now. He didn’t feel like he was worth the risk. But when he saw the pleading look of the girl in front of him, he knew he didn’t have the heart to say no.

“Ok, I’ll help.” Dave said hiding the defeated tone from his voice. Besides, Dan was a regular and without his, I mean, Chris’ money, his cookies sales would definitely drop. So it was for his best interest to keep him around as long as possible.

“Oh thank you! Thank you!” Pinkie say while giving him a big hug over/across(?) the counter that separated them. Such action, make the retired ninja flush slightly his cheeks. Luckily he was able to get rid of the blush before Pinkie even noticed it was there on the first place.

Still, It felt really nice. Maybe if he help her save Dan, she would maybe accept going on a date with him. If he ever manage to the gather the courage to ask her in the first place.

“So what do we do first?” She asked hoping that Dave had some kind of idea, since she had none at the moment.

“Well…If the HSBS works similar to the Ninja clan’s of Japan, they must certainly have a strict set of rules that they follow without question.” Like the oath of his now extinct clan that said that no member of the Koushugi Clan shall ever cook or bake sweets, ever. “If we manage to find out what the rules are, we can find a way to exploit them to our advantage and save Dan.”

“Great, so all we have to do is infiltrate their society and get a hold of the rules!” Pinkie said as if it was the simplest thing ever. “So what? Do we dress and pretend to be barbers to enter their base? Or should we take the lead member hostage and get the info out of him?”

Dave just raised an eyebrow at her suggestions. Both were perfectly good methods a ninja would use to get what they wanted; frankly he was impressed.

“How about we break in during the night, get inside, search for what we want and get out?” Simple breaking and entering, how could you go wrong with the classics? In his mind, the Ninja was already making a list of materials that would be needed.

“Ok! So tonight we meet near the HSBS HQ and break out way in!” Pinkie proposed with a tingle of excitement creeping into her voice. And who could blame her? What they were going to do was going to be exciting.

“I…I suppose…” Dave replied not feeling nearly as excited as her. Sure, his plan was simple, but to do it just like that? Out of the sudden without first doing recon on the place they were entering? It was nuts.

But when he saw the spark of excitement on those big blue eyes of her, he couldn’t help but start feeling excited too.

It was good to have same-old Pinkie Pie back.

---

It was almost midnight, when a shadowy figure arrived outside of the building that served as headquarters for the ‘Hallow Society of Barber Surgeons’.

The figure stayed mostly on the shadows avoiding making its presence known to anything that may still be awake at that hour.

The figure waited inside the shadows in complete silence, waiting for the correct time to make its appearance. It wasn’t long before a small car made its way down the street and parked near the building the shadowy figure arrived a few minutes earlier.

That was the signal that the figure was waiting for and in an instant it left the obscuring shadows and let itself bath into the light the moon above provided. The hidden figure revealed itself to be a man dressed in a dark blue shōzoku. The traditional ninja garb utilized by the practitioners of Ninjitsu.

From the Zukin that covered his face, to the Obi that kept his Uwagi and Hakama tied together, and the Waraji on his feet with the Kyahan that protected them; every single item was completely authentic and had seen battles dozens of times before.

Slowly he approached the car while making sure that his equipment was still in place. His Ninjatou was safely fastened and sheathed. His secret pockets were filled with Shuriken for long ranged combat, and smoke bombs for distractions and for quick escapes. Kunai with chain for mid range combat, and rope. Rope, it’s like string, only manlier!

Yes, everything was in position and perfect condition. He was more than prepared for whatever they threw on his way. He was ready.

“Hey Dave, are you ready?”

Or so he thought, because the very next moment Pinkie Pie got out of the car in what could be considered a very risqué outfit.

A very tight black catsuit that left very little to the imagination. What a million perverts wouldn’t give to be that suit in that very moment. Man, it was so tight you could bounce up quarters on that booty.

And as for our resident Ninja, being in close proximity with such a suit, almost made him bleed out of his nostrils like all his male compatriots from Japan. Thank you, Ninja mask. And thank you, lose pants.

“P.P.Pinkie! W-what are you wearing?”

“Uh? Oh! This?” The black clad Pinkie said while slightly stretching the tight fabric over her chest, “Well, this is a sneaking mission, correct? I decided to dress for the occasion!” Not only she was wearing the bodysuit, she also had night vision goggles over her head and a harness from which multiple utility pouches were strapped into.

“Oookeey…”The Ninja drawn out trying his best not to stare at her provocative outfit, “Anyway, are you ready for this? If you’re not, we can still back down.”

“Nope! I’m ready as I could be! I even got some of that vertigo gas that Elise made for me!” and to show she was serious, she took out a very large canister from one of her pouches and show it to Dave. “With this we can disable any guard that we may encounter!”

“Wow! That is impressive.” That would be a great tool for any ninja to have. And if Elise made it, Dave had no doubt that it would be very effective.

“Come on! Let’s not waste any more time, let’s go!”Pinkie said while bumping her fists to show her conviction.

“ええ!行きましょう”

Bonus:

“Let’s go all Sam Fisher on this place!” Pinkie said excitedly

“Yes! Let’s…wait. Sam Fisher?” Dave repeated back confused.

“Yes, from that popular stealth video game.” She pointed out like it was the most obvious thing on the world.

“No, no, I know who that is. I just thought you’ll use another character from the stealth genre” Really, when you think of stealth games your mind doesn’t exactly go directly to Sam Fisher.

“Like who? Altaïr or Enzio?” She offered tentatively, realizing that she never asked Dave about his tastes in video games before.

“No. I meant a guy from a popular Japanese series of games” The native from Japan tried to clue her in, not believing he had to spell it out for her.

“Oh you silly, Ryu Hayabusa isn’t from a stealth game at all!” For the man with the title ‘The Ultimate Ninja’, he sure did throw stealth out of the window.

“No. A character from a game that is famous for sneaking using a cardboard box”

“Ooh! Right! I know who you’re talking about! Though I never really cared about Raiden. Too much of a pretty boy if you ask me,”

“…You know what, let’s forget about the whole thing and sneak inside ok?”

“Ok!”


Extra:

Dave couldn’t believe this was happening. Him being in close proximity to the girl he had a crush on while she was wearing such a tight outfit. This kind of scenarios were only reserved for late night anime or wacky erogē.

Then, he start feeling that his Hakame were getting a little tighter on a certain area. Thankfully his mental training help him to deal with situations like this.

"Hey, Look Dave! There's a lucky penny on the floor!" Pinkie said excitedly as she bend down to pick it up making the already tight outfit an im pressive stretch, giving poor old Dave the show of his life time.

Then the sensation on Dave Hakama came back with full force!

“Hey you, Settle down!” he harshly whispered to his hakama in an effort to calm the sensation down. “I said, Settle down!”

“I'm sorry, Dave. I'm afraid I can't do that.”

____

------

Author's Note:

XeroM: “What? Only this?! We waited so much for such a short chapter! What the hell?”
MoreX: “Look, I’m not going to give any excuses.”
XeroM:
MoreX:
XeroM: “And?”
MoreX:
XeroM: “OMG YOU’RE SUCH AN ***HOLE... Wha?”

Protoman, armed with a gold and black shield, jumped down to bash them both on the head. “You know, there was a truce. What have you done to get this Dirty Bit?”
------------
Guess who's back! Finally after the insanity that was the last month (and a half) of college, I can finally rest. And by rest I mean go back to writing! yay!
And thanks a lot to Mistershield for his coaching and editing skills. Without him this chapter would've been only half as long.