• Published 9th Aug 2013
  • 10,253 Views, 821 Comments

Dan & Pinkie VS. - Morex25



Dan meets a Pink haired girl that changes his life.

  • ...
39
 821
 10,253

Pinkie in the Rye

Dan & Pinkie Vs
Chapter 13- Introspections or Pinkie in the Rye.

Original by: MoreX25
Edited by: Mister shield

The walk towards Pinkie’s house wasn’t exactly a short one. For the average person, it would’ve taken around 40 minutes to walk from Elise’s house to Pinkie’s place.

Elise, though not your average person, decided to take her time walking all the way over there. She wanted Pinkie to have a little alone time, but also because she wanted some time to herself to cool off, and what better way of doing so than a little exercising?

Ever since she became the best of the best the agency could offer, training was the only way to clear her mind.

This walk may be next to nothing compared to her usual routine, but it was better than nothing.

After Elise was calmer, she thought back more rationally on her actions and she finally realized the fatal mistake she almost committed.

She overreacted, and because she let her emotions cloud her judgment and reason (a grave mistake for a super agent and spy), she almost killed Dan and even worse- almost revealed her secret identity to Chris. Not to mention this is Dan. Placing his mentality levels to normal publics views may not apply.

Still, Elise couldn’t believe how much of an ass Dan made himself look back there. After all the things Pinkie has done for him, you would at least expect him to have some appreciation for her.

Just what was he thinking calling her a ‘Female-Chris’? Granted, she loved her husband to death, but even she would feel put-off if someone called her that. Chris wasn’t the brightest tool in the shed, ate enough food to put buffets chains bankrupt, and enjoyed spending time with... Damn. That did sound a little bit like Pinkie.

Even so, she really wanted to put that little troll Dan back under a bridge. And in a grave.

But despite, the anger she felt for that rude brute and how much she hated to admit it, Elise knew Dan really wasn’t at fault, or at least not completely.

Dan had so many flaws as a person they were immeasurable- (or maybe he could be considered one giant flaw in itself?)- one of them is that when Dan sets his mind on something (specially his revenge schemes) he tended to ignore his own faults and other people feelings. Like a honey badger except more vicious, and devious. He may not have realized that his words may have affected Pinkie.

And the same principle could be applied in reverse too. Dan also has difficulty reading the mood of the situation and what others may feel or think about him. So it is not hard to believe that he would never pick upon Pinkie’s feelings until someone explicitly told him so.

Speaking of which, Pinkie also had some fault with Dan’s mentality. Her indecision about her own feelings was a factor that contributed to this current situation. Had the Pinkette, being a little more forward and explicit, maybe Dan would’ve pick up the signs sooner and maybe they would’ve have a more romantically inclined relationship by now.

Elise stopped her introspection of the events once she realized she was almost at Pinkie’s house, and instead began thinking of things to say to her friend in order to help her. But no matter what she thought, nothing seemed appropriate.

‘There are other fish in the sea?’ No, too cliché.‘When a door closes, a window opens?’ No. ‘Time to get back on the horse?’ Too soon. ‘He will realize the big mistake he’s making and return to you, crawling on a field full of broken glass? She liked that one, only for the mental imagery. Put in the ‘maybe’ category.

It took Elise a few more minutes to reach Pinkie’s house. But no matter how many times she visited, she was always surprised to see her friend’s house.

With the kind of person Pinkie was, many would’ve expected that her house would look as exuberant as the party planner that lives in it. But surprisingly enough, it was plain, almost generic. It wasn’t even pink! Her friend’s favorite color!

When Elise asked Pinkie about it, her friend just replied that it was how her family taught her. Though the house itself didn’t look anything out of the ordinary, but same thing couldn’t be said about the front yard.

It was filled with tons of garden ornaments, from the classic gnome to candy figurines that turned a simple front yard into candy land. Must be a pain to mow the grass with the yard filled with so many ornaments. She has a difficult time convincing Chris to mow their garden and theirs isn’t as large or ornamental as Pinkie’s.

Elise walked on the small path leading towards the door, thankful she didn’t had to traverse through all the ‘Candy Land’ ornaments. She knocked on the door a few times and waited for a response.

Elise waited.

Waited...

And waited some more.

After 15 minutes of knocking and waiting, Elise let out a loud sigh and took out her cell phone from her pocket to call her friend. Just as she thought, Pinkie didn’t pick up the phone and the answering machine answered instead.

“Hello!!! This is Pinkie Pie” the recording of Pinkie’s excited voice said, “For the moment I’m not home! But if you leave a message, I’ll call you back and maybe we’ll have a party later!” Then a loud beep came, signaling that the machine began the recording.

“Pinkie it’s me Elise, I know you are in there listening and I understand, you are hurting and want to be alone, but please call me back if you need anything. I’m here for you; all you have to do is call…” Elise paused for a second, trying to think of another thing to say next. Then she looked down at the DVD box she was holding on her other hand.

“Oh! And I also wanted to return your DVD but… I think I’ll keep it for the time being….
Just call me, please.” Then the machine beep again and the answering machine stopped recording.
---------------------------------------------
“Just call me, please.” The machine recorded before the final beep, leaving the rest of the house in almost complete silence. With the only sounds been the cries and sniffs from a very heart-broken Pinkie.

Pinkie was laying on her bed in a fetal position hugging her pillows as humanly possible to herself. Tears and some of the make-up she applied that morning decorated the brightly colored softness with spots of dark and pink.

She had heard the phone ring but she didn’t care for it, not even when she heard Elise’s voice leaving a message. She couldn’t face her. Couldn’t face anyone, not right now.

Right now, the only thing she could focus on was on the words she heard Dan said. Each and every single word sent a jolt of pain to her aching heart, and no matter how much she tried to forget them. The memory wouldn’t leave her and began playing over and over again, making her heart hurt even more.

As she continued to wallow in her own pain, she didn’t notice that her cries caught the attention of the other living being in the house, her own pet, Gummy.

Gummy may not be the most expressive or attentive of creatures, but even he could feel the distress coming from his Pink Puff of an owner. So when he saw Pinkie, running in tears into her room, he knew he had to do something.

Say whatever you want about alligators’ movement and speed, but Gummy would make you eat your words with a healthy side of saltiness from your tears once you were proven how wrong you were.

From inside his colorful, play pen were Pinkie would usually put him in when he acted especially ‘naughty’. Gummy knocked down one of his many toys, which in turn knocked over some other stuff, resulting in a chain reaction that lead to a plank to fall inside the pen, providing a ramp for him to escape, using a toy car as a improvised skateboard.

Now free from his ‘prison’, the toothless alligator crawled his way from the living room towards the room where he heard his owner cry. It was fortunate that the door wasn’t closed; otherwise he would’ve had to bust out some serious maneuvers to climb up to the lock to open it. Instead he just pushed the door, opening enough for him to sneak into the room.

After expertly using the sheets as means to climb up the bed, Gummy crawled and sat next to Pinkie’s head. “Ghaaa…!” Gummy…um…said and blinked a few times.
“Not now…Gummy…mommy’s not…feeling well…” Pinkie managed to say between sniffs. Still, despite her words, Gummy remained unmoving from his place.

“Gummy…not now…” she tried again, but the green alligator didn’t obeyed. He just stared at her and blinked a few times.

“Please! Leave me alone!” she managed to say raising her voice into an almost yell. But when the alligator refused to move once again, Pinkie burrowed her face into the squeezed pillow between her arms, and cried even more while Gummy remained ever watching.

The disobedient alligator knew that he made his pink owner cry even harder; but his instincts, passed along from millions of years of evolution, told him to do so. Sometimes we need a little bit of tough love to get better.

--------------------------------------------------------------------
Dan was currently walking towards the barber’s shop to give him a taste of his own medicine. He dared to give Dan a bad haircut, so now Dan was going to return the favor and give him a horrible haircut. Courtesy of an electric hedge trimmer.

As he walked leisurely towards his objective- trying to bask in the thrill of a slow and painful revenge in his mind- his brain couldn’t help but return to the whole Elise tried to kill him fiasco.

Just what the heck was that woman’s problem? He was just minding his own business, telling them all about how his day turned for the worse after beginning so well. And then Pinkie suddenly bolted out of the room without even saying goodbye and Elise’ started acting as if somehow he did something wrong.

The gall of that woman! Him! Dan! Being wrong. How ridiculous.

And then Chris, his best friend, dared to take Elise’s side and told him he was responsible for making Pinkie cry. How in the world was he responsible for that?! She wasn’t even in the room with him!

“Words are powerful things, Dan! And sometimes we hurt people without even realizing it” came the voice of Chris in his mind, preaching to him as if he was a mere dumb child.

He didn’t even mention her! It was Elise who kept bringing her up in their conversation! It should be Elise the one accused of making Pinkie ‘upset’ not him.

“Some of the things you said were hurtful for her. You should apologize.” said once again the Chris inside his head. If the voice didn’t shut up soon, he might feel obligated to shut it up using a Ice pick! Why did HE have to apologize?! He didn’t say anything wrong! In fact he was honest! And he hated that word! They should be encouraging him, not making him apologize for saying the truth!

Just what was said to ‘supposedly’ make Pinkie upset anyway?

“Pinkie likes that kind of movies too.” Elise pointed out. ”Why didn’t you invite her?”
Was that it? Because he didn’t invite her to see ‘Fist Full of Brains’? Did she wanted to see that movie with him so bad that she cried when he didn’t invite her? That was ridiculous! That would be like him getting upset because Chris wouldn’t join him in this year’s renaissance fair! Completely and utterly...

Understandable.

It wouldn’t be the same without his pal at his side, dressed as his ever loyal buffoon, doing everything he ordered. Maybe, Pinkie felt the same…she wanted to see the movie with him, because watching it alone wouldn’t be the same. And who could blame her? He was awesome.

“Maybe, we could’ve gone together…after taking Betty first of course!” Thought Dan convinced he had cracked the mystery of an unresolved case. He thought back of the first time he saw what was her name...

Oh, Becky! He didn’t know exactly what was it about her that made him so attracted to her. Was it her delectable tanned skin? Or was it her inviting green eyes? Maybe the way she carried herself? Or a combination of all that? Whatever it was, whenever he looked at her, he pictured the future first Ex-Mrs. Dan.

But that meddlesome, mediocre barber had to ruin his hair! And his chance to go on a date with a girl that liked the same kind of B-movies as him! And the very few other women who did, weren’t exactly his type.

“Pinkie likes that kind of movies too.” The Elise voice in his head pointed out. Again.

“Had I taken Becky to the movie, I wouldn’t have minded watching it again with…a friend” Yes, though he might never admit it out loud, Dan really thought of Pinkie as a friend.

She was a fellow horror movie fan, she drove him around when Chris was ‘indisposed.’
Fem-Chris bailed him out of prison, and even graced her presence by crashing on her house when the police was looking around for someone that may or may not be him. She was like a second Chris.

“I don’t think she liked being called a female-me.”
Why wouldn’t she like it? Didn’t Pinkie realized it was a very high compliment? Something he almost never gives to other people?

Chris had been his pal ever since they met at Summer Camp all those years ago when they were still kids. Nobody reached “Chris-status’ in his book unless you did a lot of things to gain it. Heck, he had known Elise for a few years now and at the pace she is going, she might reach ‘Chris-status’ in, never.

Pinkie should be proud of her accomplishment.

“How would you feel if she called you something similar, like a Male-Fluttershy or something?”
He would be very upset, alright. Not sad-upset, no. More like jump-at-you-in-a-dark-parking-lot- with-a-wrench-upset. But upset nonetheless.

Maybe, that was set her off crying. Pinkie probably thought that he called her a big, eat-a-lot oaf with terrible taste for spouses when she heard him call her a female-Chris. Again, totally understandable.

Still, after all that introspection, Dan wasn’t going to apologize to Pinkie. He was going to give her an explanation to clear up the confusion. She deserved at least that. And then she might probably apologized to him for making Elise think he was at fault.

There! Problem solved!

Dan cracked a grin and congratulated himself for his superb observation and analytical skills. Suck on that Sherlock Holmes!

That grin lasted all the way up to the barber’s shop where he was finally going to get his revenge.

-------------------------
”Pinkie, it’s me Elise. I don’t know if you are hearing this right now but listen, Chris and I are going to a small cabin this week, far away from the city and I wanted you to come with us. That way you can clear your mind and forget your worries. We will be leaving next morning at 10, we will be waiting for you.”

Gummy, didn’t know how long has it been, since that message was recorded and frankly, who could blame him? He was an alligator for god’s sake, he couldn’t tell time. But he knew it must have been a long time since the sun went down and then up again.

He thought that by now, there would be some kind of improvement, but no. Pinkie just sat there, hugging her knees to her chest with a very empty look on her face and with her once trademark puffed hair straighter than an arrow. There were no more tears, but he couldn’t tell if that was good or bad.

If alligators could sigh, he would’ve done so by now. But since it was physically impossible for him to sigh in defeat/annoyance, he expressed his feelings the best way he could. By blinking.
After that, he decided to do the only thing left to do to snap her owner back to some semblance of her former self. Confront her.

-------------------------
Pinkie

“Gummy, I already told you I want you to leave me alone. I’m not sad anymore, I’m fine. I don’t even remember why I was what made me upset anymore. See? I’m fine, so please leave me alone!

What is it with you anyway? Why are you acting so rebellious all of the sudden? It’s because you’re hungry right? Leave me alone for half an hour and I’ll feed you. What? Is not about the food? Then why are you acting this way?

I’m sorry…I know that you care about me, but this isn’t what I need right now. Oh! Now you are the one who know what’s best for me? Who is the pet and who is the owner then? Because I can tell you right now, it is not the one who doesn’t have opposable thumbs!

I’m sorry, I’m sorry, I know I shouldn’t talk to you like that and that you are trying to help, but I don’t feel this is helping me. Talking would make things better? You got that from a fortune cookie or something? Sorry! Sorry!

The crying? Look I told you I don’t want to talk about it, okay? Yes, I know I made you worry by crying like that all of the sudden. Well, the whole crying thing wasn’t like it was planned; I got a big shock, okay? I just don’t want to talk about it.

What are you staring at me like that? Are you trying to read my mind or something, Gummy? Because I gotta tell you, you had this creepy vibe going on already with the unblinking thing and all this staring isn’t helping.

Depression? Wow, that came out of nowhere don’t you think, Gummy? Wait! Are you trying to analyze me? Are you the reincarnated soul of Freud or something? Can’t someone just cry uncontrollably and isolate themselves from everyone and everything inside their room without having people making a big deal out of it?

God! If you are acting like this, how is everyone else going to react? They’ll all think I’m suicidal or something. I can hear them already. Did you hear how Pinkie just freaked out? How sad! Bunch of phonies, all of them!

What’s that? Elise is worried about me? Ha, that’s rich! Probably she just wants to tell me I told you so! Or to bombard me with tons and tons of cliché hope-you-get-better speeches, I don’t need any of that. Why would she tell me I told you so? I told you, I don’t want to talk about it!

Dan? Why would he have to do with any of this? My tone just now? Geez Gummy, grasping at straws already? You realized how little argument you have in the first place that you have to resort to such tricks? Why are you even bringing him up anyway? I know for a fact that you never really liked him in the first place.

Sorry, sorry…I shouldn’t take it out on you. You are just trying to help. If I’m angry at Dan? Not really.What? I AM serious! How many times are you going to ask the same thing until it gets through your head? Ok! Fine! YES! I’M ANGRY AT DAN! That’s what you wanted to hear?

Not satisfied, huh? You want to know what happened, do you? You are really not going to leave alone until I tell you, aren’t you? What? Would I feel more comfortable talking with Elise or my friends back home? I told you already I don’t want to talk with any of those phonies!

Look, if you promise to keep it between us I’ll tell you, okay? Pinkie Promise? Alright then. The reason why I was so upset is because I overheard Dan saying some stuff, okay? What kind of stuff? Rude, cruel stuff that made me angry!

He was laughing, okay! Laughing at the idea of asking me on a date, like it was the most ridiculous thing ever! After everything we’ve done together. After everything I did for him. He called me a female Chris!

Why is been called that a bad thing? Because Chris is…
Because…Chris is…

He’s Dan’s best friend. The one who is always been there for him since they were kids…that’s what Dan told me.

What? That I’m angry at myself instead of Dan? What gave you that idea, Gummy? Just because it was I that couldn’t sort my feelings for him earlier and my decision to takes things slow that probably lead him to the arms of that hussy, it doesn’t mean I blame myself! Don’t be ridiculous!

Speaking of which, just who is she anyways? No, Gummy. I haven’t met her. I don’t know who she is. I only know she’s a girl named Becky. Do I think she is attractive? I told you, I don’t know her, I have no idea how she look like!

What does she could have that I don’t? Three boobs or something? No, Gummy. Female humans only have two, geez you really should go out more!

I bet she dresses like a skank! Showing her cleavage like it is everybody’s business to know if she wears a bra or not! And the guys fall all over that stuff all the time, like a bunch of drooling orangutans. It's like they've never seen a pair of breasts before! I just want to shout: come on, guys! They’re just breasts, okay? They are for feeding babies, that’s all!

What’s that? Probably a nice girl, you say? Whose side are you, Gummy? Grr…even if you were right, I still think she is all wrong for him! I know him longer than her. I bail him out of jail. I even brought him back from the dead! Has she ever done something like that? Would she ever? I bet no.

Talk to her? That is the dumbest thing you’ve said all day. I would rather go talk to Elise. No! I’m not angry at her, Gummy. I just don’t want her giving me speeches to try and make me feel better. I don’t need those right now! Why did I refuse to go to the cabin with her and Chris? Haven’t you been paying attention? I didn’t want to. Besides, how could I go out and spend my time in the middle of the woods while Dan is out there, probably kissing that phony skank.

The natural progress in life, is that what you said? Really, Gummy? You really are terrible at this. Did you get that from today’s quote from the calendar or something? What’s next? Every cloud has a silver lining? Geez, the party guests too busy to come? Was Madame Le Flour’s too busy with Sir Lintsalot? If you know what I’m saying.

Can you leave now? Look, what do you want me to say? I'm angry with Dan, okay? I don't like the idea of him with that girl Becky, okay? I don't like it one bit, satisfied? Would I like them to never meet again, yes, okay? Do I want things to go back to how they were before this whole thing started? Yes. Anything else?

“What did you just said? Look, I might be acting mean but I’m not going to allow you to said things like that to me! I’m not a coward! You take that back!
What do you want me to do, eh? Tell me what I have to do for you to shut up!



“Okay… you present a very sound argument. You could’ve cut back a little on the swearing, it was really unnecessary. Yes, Gummy, I’m going out, but I will do so to fight for MY Dan! And show you I’m no coward! And when I come back we will talk about that dirty mouth of yours!”

Yep! A little bit of tough love.
------------

Bonus:

Twilight was sitting in the school’s library, doing what she does best: reading a book. I know shocking, right?

But this was no ordinary book. It was a book that has been banned from a lot of schools across the country, a quaint little book called Catcher in the Rye.

She really didn’t see the apparent reason for the ban. The entire book was about a whinny kid who just complained a lot about how lame he and his life were. Sure there was swearing here and there, but not enough to warrant a ban for such a long time.

The book itself was kind of boring, and this coming from a girl who reads about quantum physics and does vector calculus just for fun. It was so boring; she felt her eyes feel heavy, really heavy.

“Twilight! Snap out of it!” came a yell from her concerned friend Rainbow Dash followed by a slap on the face.

“Dash! What was that for?!” Twilight yelled while rubbing the cheek Rainbow hit. God, this was surely going to leave a bruise.

“You were on some kind of trance! You tried to kill Sunset Shimmer!” Dash pointed out to an unconscious girl on the floor of what looked like the school’s locker rooms.

Then Twilight realized she was clutching a cleaving knife on her other hand which immediately dropped in shock.

“What?! But I didn’t mean to! You had to believe me!” Twilight cried in fright. Even if she didn’t really do anything to Sunset, attempted murder was a serious crime. Her life was ruined!

“I believe you Twi! Despite how much we all hate her; I know you or anybody would never try to do something like this!” Dash said reassuringly demonstrating her loyalty to her friends. “What is the last thing you remember?”

“Well…I was in the library, reading The Catcher in the Rye…”

“Twilight! That book is banned from a reason! It makes the people who read it want to kill phonies, like John Lennon!” Dash chastised her friend who just looked to the ground ashamed.

“I’m sorry, Rainbow….but now I know better!

“And knowing is half the battle. G.I JOOOOOOOOOEEEEEE!”


Extra:

Twilight picked her head out from a book, quickly looking around wildly. Both eyes opened and closedly rapidly, trying to gather her senses. Huh? She calmed down after a second, realizing she was in the familiar and secure scenery of her library.

What a crazy dream she just had. She almost killing Sunset Shimmer, and then Rainbow make a stupid joke that hasn’t been funny since 2005. Did she ate some of Pinkie’s special brownies or something?

But then she spotted several bodies on the floor.

Rainbow Dash, Sunset Shimmer, and others she couldn’t recognized lay- hopefully- asleep on the floor.

“What happened?” Twilight asked. She blinked twice, looking down at the name of the book in her hands.

Cuatro, written by Dirty Bit.

“Oh this was the most boring story ever! He can’t write anything that isn’t a cross-over!”

Author's Note:

MoreX: God! We’re going to receive so much hate mail for this. That was a complete S…
XeroM: ?
MoreX: Gah! XeroM, when did you get here?
XeroM: …
MoreX: XeroM, you wrote that bonus and it is rubbish! You are going to make people mad at me! What do you have to say in your defense?
XeroM: …
MoreX: XeroM, your silence will only incriminate you further.
XeroM: …
MoreX: No, XeroM! Don’t take your anger out on me! Get back, get back! Xe-Xe-XeroM! Nooooo!!!!
[DRAMATIZATION: MAY NOT HAVE HAPPENED]

Mister S: Wow, those two need to screw each other and get it out of the way. Seriously. Now to find a way to kill them, I thought it was mentioned they would not show up again. But first... Dirty Bit.

*****25: I asked the readers if they wanted me to get rid of MoreX and XeroM, but apparently they like them or simply don’t care. Also they can’t screw each other, they are both me. But oddly enough you weren’t the first one to suggest it.
-------------------------------------------
Chapter takes place in the episode VS The Barber.