• Published 18th Aug 2013
  • 3,496 Views, 49 Comments

Terror in Equestria 2: Quest for the Jade Alicorn - StormLuna



The Dark Queen Twilight has just cemented herself as the sole ruler of Equestria. She is extremely powerful, but she wants a power only the Goddess LaurFa had, to see all. To achieve this, she must acquire an ancient relic in a guarded city.

  • ...
12
 49
 3,496

A Very Important Meeting

The afternoon was transitioning into evening as 5:30 was approaching. Twilight was standing on her tower and she was very pleased with what she saw. Colgate, Lemon Hearts and Lyra came flying in. Colgate landed up on her balcony while Lyra and Lemon Hearts landed down at the base of the tower.

"Colgate, I'm so glad you could make it! All three of you arrived 5 minutes early!" said Twilight

Colgate replied, "Well we would have been here earlier but Lemon Hearts had to use the restroom. I thought about flying here alone but I figured that I better make sure that they showed up."

Twilight replied, "I know how you are, you are always the one who is one time. Chances are, you are more paranoid about being on time than even I am! Lyra, Lemon Hearts, fly up here, it will be quicker to get to the dining hall, my friends and my officers are waiting!"

Lyra and Lemon Hearts flew up to the balcony and the four Alicorns headed down to the dining hall where all of Twilight's friends, Shining Armor and her officers waited.

"Hello everypony!" said Twilight "I want to introduce you to three of our newest recruits. Colgate, Lemon Hearts and Lyra."

Everypony greeted them and welcomed them warmly. Twilight was very pleased with this as she could tell that things were going to work out fine between them.

Rarity said, "Twilight, I am just glad that you didn't decide to transform Octavia into an Alicorn. After all, she still owes me money and is mad that her cello is still in Canterlot."

Lyra added, "I agree with Rarity and she is still angry over me getting that discount on my dress last year."

"STILL?!" said Twilight "Don't worry, she isn't exactly Alicorn material and her cello was destroyed when LaurFa and the royal family launched the attack on Canterlot to try and remove me from power. If she tries to mess with you, hit her with a beam of energy, that will shut her up."

Lyra laughed as she said, "Serves her right after the way she took advantage of Rarity and threw away years of friendship over the price of a dress."

Twilight interrupted, "Alright, now I am sure all of you are wondering why you are here."

"Actually yeah, Ah'm wondering why we're here." said Applejack "I know we are going to have a big supper but what else?"

"Well I have plans that required the most qualified of us to become Alicorns, but first, let's eat. We can discuss this after supper. Let's enjoy each other's company while we eat." replied Twilight

They had a huge and filling supper, one that many of the ponies had not experienced before.

Colgate said, "Wow Twilight, I didn't know that there was anypony outside of Canterlot that could provide meals this filling!"

Twilight replied, "Well the way things are now, since Ponyville is the capitol, Canterlot won't be hosting meals this lavish anymore. Those are only available here now, and all of you will be enjoying more meals like this!"

Lyra replied, "You are so generous Twilight! I heard so many ponies talk about you being a dark queen but you are the exact opposite!"

Twilight replied, "Those ponies that said that just judged me over how I came to power. When the royal pony sisters abdicated the throne and I was the only princess left, I became the pony in charge and adopted the title of queen."

Twilight was thrilled with the comments her new recruits were making about her but was thinking to herself, "Once I accomplish everything I have planned, you will realize why they refer to me as a dark queen!"

After they finished their supper Twilight addressed them, "Alright everypony, I have brought you here tonight to discuss something of great importance for all of Equestria. In a couple of weeks, after I help our new Alicorns learn how to harness and control their newly increased magical abilities, we will be heading to Faustica, the capitol city of Alicorn Island, as there is an important relic there that I wish to bring here so that I can see everything going on in my empire without having to go there."

"I have a question." said Lemon Hearts "Where is Alicorn Island? I have never even heard of it before."

"Very good question," replied Twilight "Alicorn Island is an island out in the Pegasus Ocean, around halfway between the west coast of Equestria and Marelaysia. It is an island that is inhabited solely by Alicorns."

"Twilight darling, why do we need more Alicorns and why did you transform the entire unicorn army into Alicorns for us to go there?" asked Rarity

"Excellent question Rarity." replied Twilight "The thing is, they are not going to be thrilled with us traveling there, especially considering I want us to go after the relic I have discussed with my soldiers."

"Twilight, what is this here relic you have been talking about?" asked Applejack

"The relic I speak of is the jade Alicorn along with the emerald plate that it must be placed in. That is what will allow me to see anything going on in the world without having to go there myself or rely on messages of what is going on, which could take weeks to reach Ponyville." replied Twilight

Rarity replied, "So you want to take something away from another country the same way you took the archives away from Canterlot? Don't you think you are getting a little bit power hungry?"

Twilight glared at Rarity and said, "This is a matter of Equestrian security. The Goddess LaurFa no longer lives there and she was the only one who could use it. I believe that now I am the only pony powerful enough to use it and why should it go to waste sitting there being unused?"

Fluttershy asked, "Twilight, how are we going to get into Alicorn Island without them attacking us?"

"I was just about to address that issue Fluttershy." said Twilight "First, I must release LaurFa from the void and cast a loyalty spell on her. She will then enter Faustica first. The citizens there will welcome their Goddess back and we can go there and not only retrieve the relic I seek, but also relocate their library here. It has information so secret that it was only allowed there because of the powerful information it contains."

Rarity sighed and said, "So Twilight, you are going to take information away from an entire country now? I know you love to study and learn new things but don't you think that is going way too far?"

Colgate said, "Is it just me or does Rarity seem to doubt Twilight? Don't worry Twily, I'm here to help you with anything you want us to do."

Twilight began to wonder if the loyalty spell worked much on Rarity. She remembered that Rarity is the element of generosity and that she may need to use more power on her. She decided to take care of this problem now so it wouldn't be a problem later on.

"Rarity, I need to speak to you in the next room." said Twilight

Rarity replied, "Ok Twilight. Let me guess, you are going to take my wings away for questioning why you want to do the things you plan on doing."

"No," replied Twilight "just come into the other room with me. This will only take a minute."

While Rarity and Twilight headed into the next room Lyra asked Shining Armor, "What is going on? Why is Rarity questioning Twilight so much? I think she truly cares about all of us and wants what is best for Equestria."

Shining Armor replied, "Well Rarity has a unique personality. Don't tell Twily or Rarity I said this, but I don't think she should have transformed Rarity into an Alicorn. She seems to care too little about Equestria and too much about others."

In the other room Twilight glared at Rarity and asked, "Why don't you care about Equestria? You do know that with that relic and knowledge Equestria will not have to worry about being attacked by other nations, don't you?"

Rarity sighed and replied, "You know what Twilight, you are my friend and I know you think you are doing what is best for Equestria, but I think you are doing what you think is in the best interests of the Dark Queen Twilight Sparkle!"

This angered Twilight greatly and she shouted, "RARITY, GET OVER IN THAT CORNER, NOW! YOU DON'T WANT TO WIND UP IN THE VOID WITH SOMBRA, CHRYSALIS, CADENCE AND LAURFA DO YOU?"

Rarity looked scared and replied, "You banished Cadence to the void? What did Shining Armor think of that?"

Twilight replied, "He is the one who suggested it. He didn't want her starting any rebellions. I am his sister and he put blood relations above all else."

Rarity said, "Twilight, now I know you are evil. I want out of this, and I want out of it now. Take my wings and magic away, I don't care. I simply can not take part in something as evil as this."

Twilight shouted, "GET OVER IN THAT CORNER OR DIE!"

Rarity headed over to the corner and waited for what Twilight's punishment would be. Twilight began to glow a deep shade of purple, her eyes began to glow a radioactive green and her horn began to glow purple and black as she recited, "From another to me, that is where your allegiance will now be, you thought your old commander loved you like pie when all they wanted was for you to die. With me all shall be great, there shall be no hate."

Twilight fired a powerful bolt of energy that knocked her to the ground. Rarity got up wiping her eyes and said, "Twilight, I am so sorry for doubting you. I am at your service."

"That is good to hear Rarity," replied Twilight "Now let's get back to the meeting so I can finish discussing what we need to discuss."

When they returned to the meeting room Rarity seemed to no longer be distracted and was ready to listen to Twilight's plans.

"Alright, regarding the release of LaurFa. I want to do this tomorrow. Dark Night, you and I along with 100 of your new Alicorn soldiers will head to Canterlot. Thunder Rage, you along with 100 changelings will be joining us. I can not have anypony distracting me."

"You got it," said Dark Night "we will be ready when you are."

"Same here Twily." replied Thunder Rage

"We will leave after breakfast. This should be a relatively quick mission since we can all fly now. My guess is that if we leave immediately after breakfast, we can get there, I can do what I need to do and we can be back by lunch. After all, I am guessing that my newest recruit will be very hungry." replied Twilight

"I am betting she will be." replied Shining Armor "What do you want me to do tomorrow?"

Twilight replied, "I want you to keep order here and do what you would normally do. If any ponies cause any problems, put them in their place. We can not have disobedience here. It will lead to disharmony and division, and that is something that we do not need."

Colgate said, "What do you want the rest of us to do while you go on your trip to Canterlot?"

Twilight replied, "I want you to do what you would normally do. I am sure you probably have a full schedule tomorrow. Speaking of that, I probably should conclude this meeting so that we won't be tired tomorrow, regardless of what we will be doing."

"Alright," replied Colgate "I really appreciate you letting me keep doing what I love to do Twily, you have no idea how much that means to me."

"Hey, like I said, dentistry is your passion and that is something I won't take away from you." replied Twilight "Well we better call it a night. We all have things we have to do tomorrow. See you later everypony."

Twilight's friends and new recruits flew off home while Twilight, Shining Armor and their officers remained in the throne room.

"Twilight, do you think Rarity will be loyal to you now?" asked Dark Night

"Yeah, I'm sure she will be." replied Twilight "I used more power on her than I did all 5,000 of you guys. If she questions my plans again I will banish her into the void, but I have a feeling that won't be necessary now."

"Good." said Shining Armor "We can't have anypony compromising the best interests of Equestria."

"No we can't." replied Twilight "Now let's get some sleep. I'm tired and we all need to be well rested tomorrow."

Twilight headed up to her bedroom pretty sure that she had used more than enough energy on Rarity to keep her from being disobedient. She thought to herself, "Rarity is a dear friend but if she continues to question me, I can't put my best interests at stake. I want that relic and that library and nopony is going to stop me from taking it."