• Published 18th Aug 2013
  • 3,496 Views, 49 Comments

Terror in Equestria 2: Quest for the Jade Alicorn - StormLuna



The Dark Queen Twilight has just cemented herself as the sole ruler of Equestria. She is extremely powerful, but she wants a power only the Goddess LaurFa had, to see all. To achieve this, she must acquire an ancient relic in a guarded city.

  • ...
12
 49
 3,496

The Ultimate Recruit

Lunchtime had arrived and Twilight was still in the back room of the archives reading through the most ancient scrolls in her collection. Shining Armor came into the archives concerned as to why she hadn't came to lunch.

"Twilight," said Shining Armor "are you coming to lunch today?"

Twilight replied, "It is lunch time already? I guess time passes when you are having fun! I am getting hungry and besides, I will do better reading through these scrolls if I have a full stomach."

Shining Armor said, "You will little sis, your generals are waiting for you to arrive. They are hungry as well."

Twilight and Shining Armor headed up to the dining hall where they were greeted by their generals.

"Hello Twilight, how is your studying going?" asked Thunder Rage

Twilight replied, "It is going, slowly but surely. I am searching through the oldest material from the material we brought home from Faustica trying to find out if an ancient legend is true or if it is just an outdated rumor."

Dark Night asked, "I know it probably isn't any of my business, but what does the ancient legend involve?"

Twilight replied, "For right now it isn't anypony's business but mine. But once I find out the answers and I prove that it is true, then everypony here will know."

Shining Armor said, "Wow sis, you really have your hooves full. I hope you can find what you are looking for."

Twilight replied, "Me too. If it is true, the results would aid us greatly in my ultimate desire."

Shining Armor asked, "Is your ultimate desire what our parents think?"

Twilight replied, "Our food is coming, we can discuss this when the time is right. For now, let's eat and enjoy one another's company."

After they finished their lunch Twilight headed back down to the bunker to continue searching through the ancient scrolls. Twilight sneezed as there was still some dust on the materials. Twilight was beginning to get frustrated as she could not find what she was looking for. She thought to herself, "I will dig through these scrolls to the very last scroll if I have to. I must find this out."

Twilight continued going through the scrolls well after she had eaten supper. She was getting tired and she saw the oldest scroll in one of the folders and pulled it out. This was written by LaurFa herself not too long after the founding of Equestria.

The scroll read, "The wisest one wrote many spells. He wrote so many that he will always be known as the father of all magic. Yet even the bearded one could not figure out one last spell. His frustration led him into madness. Many believed that his madness drove him to his death. Yet it did not lead to his death. He transformed into a draconequus, a creature who gets a great amount of joy and happiness out of causing discord and making the lives of every living thing terrible, thus I gave him the name Discord."

"WHAT?" shouted Twilight

Shining Armor heard her shout and went down to the archives.

"Twilight, are you ok?" asked Shining Armor

"IT'S TRUE, IT'S TRUE!" shouted Twilight as she jumped around like a school filly.

"Twilight, what is true? Be careful, you are going to knock these shelves down on yourself and get hurt." said Shining Armor

Twilight realized this and stopped jumping around. She said, "The ancient legend about Starswirl the Bearded going mad and transforming into Discord!"

Shining Armor asked, "Why are you so excited about this?"

Twilight replied, "I am excited because I believe that I can cast my memory spell on him and turn him back into Starswirl! Here, read this. I know I can trust you with it."

Shining Armor read the scroll with amazement in his eyes. "Wow little sis, the legend is true! How are you going to go about transforming him back into Starswirl?"

Twilight replied, "Well, I am going to talk to Fluttershy about this. Her and Discord are friends. I may not necessarily have to use the memory spell on him if she starts talking to him about the past. I will need the loyalty spell and the spell to transform him into an Alicorn though if he is to aid us in achieving my ultimate desire."

Shining Armor said, "I know he has a lot of knowledge on magic but I am curious as to what your ultimate desire is."

Twilight replied, "You know how you asked if it was what our parents think it is? Well they are right, I want it all, I want to control the entire planet."

Shining Armor's eyes got huge and he asked, "How in Equestria are we going to conquer every single place on Earth, much less keep order there once we conquer them. This could require an army of over 10 million."

Twilight replied, "Don't worry big brother. I have the duplication spells and you know that duplicates are just as loyal to me as the original. I have another plan up my sleeve to keep order."

Shining Armor asked, "And what is that?"

Twilight replied, "Let's cross that bridge when we get to it. For right now I need to put this back in the bottom of the box it was in and lock this bunker. I'm getting tired."

Shining Armor replied, "Studying as much as you have today would make anypony tired. You really need to eat a small snack before going to bed."

Twilight replied, "You're right big brother, after discovering what I discovered, I deserve a tasty treat. It is a shame Sugarcube Corner is closed."

Twilight and Shining Armor headed up to the dining hall to have a slice of cake before he headed out to do one last patrol of Ponyville and Twilight headed up to her bedroom to turn in for the night.

Twilight stood on her balcony looking off to the west thinking to herself, "You know what mom and dad, you're right. My ultimate desire is global conquest. If you two don't like it, you will be punished severely!"

Twilight had an evil grin and was rubbing her front hooves together as she was thinking this. She yawned, pulled the curtain on her balcony and sank into her new bed. She slept with a smile on her face all night.

Twilight woke up early the following morning because she wanted to discuss all of this with Fluttershy and bring her over for breakfast. Twilight brushed her mane and then flew off towards Fluttershy's cottage.

Twilight knocked on Fluttershy's door and said, "Hello Fluttershy, it's me Twilight."

Fluttershy got up wondering why Twilight would be waking her up so early. She opened her door and asked, "Twilight, why are you here so early?"

Twilight replied, "Fluttershy, I have something extremely important that I need to discuss with you and I also want you to come over for breakfast."

Fluttershy replied, "Ok Twilight. Just let me brush my mane, it is a mess."

Twilight and Fluttershy headed up to her tower for breakfast. Fluttershy was really unsure as to what Twilight needed to discuss with her but figured that it was nothing bad since she has never questioned her.

They arrive in the dining hall and they are greeted by Shining Armor and Twilight's generals.

"Good morning Fluttershy, how are you feeling this morning?" asked Shining Armor

Fluttershy replied, "Oh I am doing ok, I'm still tired but Twilight said she needed to talk to me about something important."

Shining Armor said, "Yeah, she does. She will talk with you in the throne room after breakfast. You know how Twilight is when it comes to meals. She won't talk about anything involving business matters no matter what."

Fluttershy asked, "What are we having for breakfast Twilight?"

Twilight replied, "We are having bacon, eggs, toast, apples and oatmeal. A yummy breakfast if you ask me."

Fluttershy said, "You always have the best meals for us. Your meals are much better than anything Celestia ever served in Canterlot. At least this fills us up and we don't feel like we are still hungry afterwards."

Twilight smiled and said, "At least you appreciate the meals my chefs prepare for us!"

Fluttershy replied, "I know. What are you going to do with Rarity once she is released?"

Twilight said, "We will talk about these matters later. Here comes our breakfast, let's eat!"

After breakfast Twilight and Fluttershy headed to the throne room to discuss things. On the way there Twilight was thinking to herself, "Fluttershy will be perfect for this mission! If I can just get her and Discord to start talking about the past maybe he will slip and say something that will remind him of who he really is."

Once they arrived in the throne room Fluttershy asked, "Twilight, what is it that you wanted to talk to me about?"

Twilight replied, "Fluttershy, are you and Discord still friends?"

"Yes, of course!" replied Fluttershy "Why do you ask?"

Twilight replied, "We really need to discuss some things with him. I simply want his input and opinion on how he thinks things in Equestria are going."

Fluttershy asked, "Why do you want to know that?"

Twilight replied, "I just do. I think we need to get going as soon as possible. Do you know what part of the forest he lives in?"

Fluttershy said, "Yes, I can lead us there. I am sure he will be happy to see me and probably you too. He is still surprised about my transformation but he is happy for me."

"Alright Fluttershy, let's get going. You lead the way." replied Twilight

While they headed through the forest towards Discord's home Twilight was thinking to herself, "Ok, focus Twilight. Don't use the memory spell if you have to but as soon as he returns to being Starswirl, immediately cast the loyalty spell and the Alicorn spell on him. He won't be of any use if he isn't loyal and can't fly."

They finally reach an area of the forest where the trees are floating upside down and see Discord sitting outside on his porch.

"Hi Fluttershy, Hi Twilight! Come on over and visit!" shouted Discord

"Hi Discord, how is everything going?" asked Fluttershy

"Oh you know, just helping Zecora gather herbs when she needs the help, staying here having fun in my own place where I can't get into any trouble." replied Discord

"So, have you heard about what is happening outside of the forest Discord?" asked Fluttershy

"Well yeah, of course I have!" said Discord "You just told me a few days ago! Twilight, what is up with the new crown and body armor?"

Twilight replied, "Well I figured that since I am of a different bloodline I should start a new tradition."

Discord said, "Well I think you look marvelous in it! Royalty is supposed to look tough and fearless. Fluttershy told me that you are a queen and you relocated the capitol to Ponyville."

Twilight replied, "Yeah, I did. I figured that the Equestrian royalty needed a completely new start. A new city, a new attitude, a real army and a more laid back atmosphere."

Discord said, "That sounds like a good start. I never did care for the old traditions that Celestia and Luna had of having to address them as 'your Majesty' or by their title. Gag me!"

Fluttershy asked, "Do you know where they got that tradition from?"

Discord replied, "They got it from their parents. They felt that it was their job to carry on tradition. Initially Luna didn't want to until her father told her about the founder of Equestria did things that way."

Fluttershy asked, "Who was the founder of Equestria?"

Discord looked stunned and he began to get really nervous and said, "You know, well I, I don't really remember her name. I think it started with an L, but I can't remember."

Twilight said, "Well I could always travel to Faustica to look it up. They do have the most extensive library in the world."

Discord said, "F-Fa-Faustica?"

Fluttershy asked, "Discord, why are you so nervous? You seem like a foal who has been caught playing hooky by the teacher."

Discord replied, "I-It is all coming back to me now, LaurFa, Alicorn Island, all the spells I wrote, the one that was supposed to be my masterpiece but I just couldn't get it right."

Twilight said, "You wrote a lot of spells Discord? Wow, that is amazing! You should be a hero!"

Discord started to bite his claws and looked around like he wanted to cry and suddenly he found himself enveloped in a great amount of energy and there was an explosion.

"DISCORD!" shouted Fluttershy

Fluttershy and Twilight flew over to where she thought Discord was laying, but it was not Discord that they found, it was Starswirl the Bearded.

Twilight said, "Starswirl, are you ok?"

Starswirl looked up at Twilight and started crying, "Thank you, thank you your highness. You freed me from my madness!"

Twilight replied, "Starswirl, what is the last thing you remember?"

Starswirl replied, "I remember working on a spell that I hoped would be my masterpiece. It involved connecting different ponies based on their cutie marks to create a force that could defeat any evil. But I couldn't get it right and I went mad."

"What else do you remember?" asked Twilight

"I remember how LaurFa was transforming some ponies into Alicorns like her when they were writing their own magic. I asked her why she wouldn't transform me since I had written numerous books of spells and she told me that I did not understand friendship." replied Starswirl

"That is awful Starswirl. That seems like a bad reason to not transform you into an Alicorn." said Fluttershy

Starswirl looked at them and asked, "How did you two become Alicorns? Did you write your own magic and understand friendship like Celestia and Luna did?"

Twilight replied, "I did. I was a student of Princess Celestia and I learned a lot of magic. She kind of forced me into making friendships when we had to transform Nightmare Moon back into Luna after she escaped from the moon. Ultimately I re-wrote the spell you had so much trouble with and was transformed into an Alicorn by Celestia."

"You figured out how to write the spell? How did you do that?" asked Starswirl

"It just came to me after Celestia sent me your book asking me to figure out how to rewrite it. I cast it and I switched my friends' cutie marks making their lives miserable. It was through the power of friendship that figured out how to help everypony rediscover their true selves. The words then just came to me and I wrote the new spell in your book and then I found myself in this weird place where I was met by Celestia where she transformed me into an Alicorn princess."

Starswirl asked, "Fluttershy, how did you become an Alicorn. Did you write your own magic too even though you were a pegasus?"

Fluttershy blushed and said, "No, Twilight simply turned me into one. She learned the magic to transform anypony into an Alicorn. She has a whole army of them!"

Starswirl said, "WHAT? How are you able to transform ponies who have not written their own magic into Alicorns?"

Starswirl, "I was reading through a lot of the books you wrote. While they didn't provide actual spells, they pointed me in the right direction to figure out how to write them." replied Twilight

Starswirl said, "I wish I could be an Alicorn, but oh no, LaurFa said without friendship you can't be one."

Twilight decided it was time, she pointed her horn at Starswirl. She began to glow a deep shade of purple, her eyes began to glow green and her horn was glowing as she recited, "The unicorn who has no wings is bound to the ground, they can not really get around, their smarts are great yet without flight they will be late, with these smarts they will be great and they shall never have a bad fate."

Twilight's energy struck Starswirl with a great amount of power. He began to levitate while the energy encircled him for five minutes. The energy then dispersed and he floated down to the ground using his new wings.

Starswirl began to cry tears of joy and said, "Finally! Thank you your highness! Thank you so much!"

Twilight said, "You deserve it Starswirl. You should have become an Alicorn thousands of years ago. Oh, and you don't have to call me your highness, you can just call me Twilight or Twily."

"I do have a question though. Are you a princess that rules along with Celestia and Luna?" asked Starswirl

Twilight replied, "No, I am the queen of Equestria now. When King Sombra and Queen Chrysalis formed an alliance and attacked Canterlot, they fled the city and left me there alone to defeat them."

"Wow Twilight. How did you do that?" asked Starswirl

Twilight replied, "I used a spell to banish them to the void using information from your books. You are a true inspiration Starswirl."

"Oh thank you Twilight! You are the first pony that has ever said that to me." replied Starswirl

Starswirl said, "I just wish I could get out of this forest though. It is dark and gloomy."

Twilight said, "I need to say something and then you can leave the forest."

Starswirl said, "Ok, what do you have to say."

Twilight pointed her horn at Starswirl and began to glow very brightly. Her eyes began to shine a radioactive green as she recited, "From another to me, that is where your allegiance will now be, you thought your old commander loved you like pie when all they wanted was for you to die. With me all shall be great, there shall be no hate."

The energy hit Starswirl. Rather than knocking him backwards it absorbed into him as to not hurt him any. He wiped his eyes and said, "Twilight, you have my allegiance. I will do anything I can to help you in any cause you have."

Twilight replied, "That is great to hear. Let's get out of this forest. I know of a great place for you to live that won't be gloomy."

Starswirl, Fluttershy and Twilight flew above the canopy of the forest back towards her tower. While she was happy for him, Fluttershy knew she would miss her old friend Discord. She realized that now he will be involved in a lot of things with Twilight and won't be the same, fun loving individual he used to be.

They arrived back at Twilight's tower and they go into the dining hall. Twilight said, "Starswirl, you must be starving. You look like you haven't eaten much in a while."

Starswirl said, "Yeah, I am hungry. Do you or Fluttershy have something to eat?"

Twilight replied, "I will have my chefs fix the three of us a mid-morning snack. Then around noon we will have lunch. I still have an empty bedroom that is going unused. It has it's own private bath and a balcony. I want you to have that one."

"Wow Twily." said Starswirl "You must be a queen that is loved by all! With treatment like this, I am thinking you should be the queen of the world."

Twilight was sitting there thinking, "This is perfect! Now I have the greatest pony of all time as part of my alliance."

Twilight blushed and said, "Oh, I don't know about that. That would take an army of epic proportions to do that!"

Starswirl said, "LaurFa was considered the Goddess of the world and she didn't need an army."

Twilight replied, "Things have changed a lot in the past few thousand years. No longer is there a one world unified kingdom. There are numerous nations out there and for a long time, Equestria had no army until I came along. It was after I had to fight off Sombra and Chrysalis that Equestria finally had an army. I know Equestria is full of love and harmony, but every nation needs an army."

Starswirl said, "I always wondered why Celestia never had one. All she had was the royal guard and that just protected Canterlot."

Twilight said, "I know. Growing up in Canterlot I always wondered why Equestria had no army. I had read books about other empires and the powerful armies they have. I figured that since I was the sole ruler now, that I would have an army."

Starswirl said, "Fluttershy said you have a whole army of them. How did you find so many strong stallions to recruit into your army?"

Twilight replied, "Well I cast a loyalty spell on Sombra's army of dark unicorns and now they are my dark Alicorn army. I also have over 10,000 changeling soldiers as well."

Starswirl realized that the world had changed vastly since he was restored to his pony form. He wondered what kinds of enemies Equestria must have for Twilight to need such a massive army. He did know that with Twilight as the leader of Equestria, that it would never fall to any enemies, either from abroad or within.

Comments ( 20 )

Whelp, this'll keep me amused for a few hours:pinkiehappy:

Yai :yay: Sequel :raritystarry:.

Yai :yay:
Now Expect The 3 Season Of The Greatest Series :pinkiehappy:

I Hope Not Be Much Hehe, See What New Enemy That Dares Impose Oneself To A Goddess As Twili.:twilightsmile:

3064645 Mujaker, this will most likely be like Back to the Future and Lord of the Rings, the third part will be the final part. I'm not going to spoil anything with this one. You and FrostMane will just have to wait until I finish this one.

3065143

Good :pinkiehappy:

One question, will Opportunity Of Romance In The 3 Part, Every Queen Needs SomePony Has Your Side, I recommend Luna Or Nightmare Moon. :twilightsmile:

3065998 Mujaker, regarding romance. I am undecided. When I write these the words just flow as I go along. It will depend on whether it comes to my mind or not. I am also thinking that if the third part is long enough to where adding the last part into it, that the third part won't include what I ultimately have planned for Twily and there would have to be a Terror in Equestria 4. I can't guarantee it. It just depends on how things flow in the third one.

StormLuna

3069417

I Said Because I Love About The Fic Of Romance, Special The TwiLuna Or MoonLight, And There A Chance In This Series For The 2 Of Them. :pinkiehappy:

3069525 We shall see what I decide to do as to whether any romance will be involved or not. The way I have Twily right now she would probably not be a very romantic pony as she is obsessed with power. Maybe later on her heart will thaw to the point where she could show love. The way I have her right now she has a heart of stone and ice. Well those do make the best power hungry leaders! I suppose I could look at it this way, even Hitler had a woman in his life, yeah he didn't marry her until the day before they killed themselves as the Red Army was marching into Berlin. Just wait and see, I want it to be a surprise.

:twilightsmile: I had just thought this up, but I don't know if it their was a subplot in the third story, but I'll say it anyways.

What if their is a subplot where their is a underground rebellion that Twilight doesn't know about and is ran by someone inside Ponyville, but winds up getting caught by her only the realize that she can't use her powers to win him over the her side? :rainbowhuh:

3071058

I Get Excited The Wait,:pinkiehappy::pinkiehappy::pinkiehappy::pinkiehappy:

3071939 The Ferbguy. I am thinking that might be something for a fourth story, if I decide to write one. If Twily conquers the whole world, there might be a rebellion that happens then. She cast the loyalty spell on Luna and Cosmos. Those two could then work together to take the world back. They would need a duplication spell and a loyalty spell at least. Yet to do this I would probably transform Luna into Nightmare Moon. Were Celestia and Galaxia would play into this I am not sure. Good suggestion though.

3072162 just saying I thought this up while I was reading this.

I like the Idea of getting Luna and Cosmos starting the rebellion, but I feel as if it won't be done after finishing up the next story. :raritydespair:

The idea of their being a rebellion in Ponyville is a genius idea but why wait until the third story to do it :rainbowhuh:

3072209 The Ferbguy. If I decide to have that happen, it will happen in a fourth one if I decide to do a fourth one, after Twilight has conquered everything. Trying to put that in the third one would either compress it too much, make it much longer than the others and definitely wouldn't fit in with what I am doing in the third one. We will just have to wait and see if I decide to write a 4th one as that is where the rebellion would be.

3341231 The first one is called Terror in Equestria: Rise of the Dark Queen. Check my page. Over by where my stories are click on browse all stories and you will find it.

3069525 I wrote a story called Love and Power: A New Dawn which centers around a Celestia/Twilight love story which also leads to Luna becoming queen because of an ancient law her mother wrote.

5844890 With that being the case, you would love Terror in Equestria 7: Battle for Control of the World where Twilight brutally executes Flash Sentry.

8982606

She knows that's where they live but she isn't concerned because she is more than powerful enough to handle them.

LOL I KNOW RIGHT?! LMHO (laughing my helmet off) :rainbowlaugh::rainbowlaugh::rainbowlaugh::rainbowlaugh::rainbowlaugh::rainbowlaugh::rainbowlaugh::rainbowlaugh::rainbowlaugh::rainbowlaugh::rainbowlaugh::rainbowlaugh::rainbowlaugh::rainbowlaugh::rainbowlaugh::rainbowlaugh::rainbowlaugh::rainbowlaugh::rainbowlaugh::rainbowlaugh:

Why is the 'BADASS TWILIGHT' meter going to explode one day?

10897693

She did the same thing in "The Decline and Fall of West Equestria: Twilight's Tale" although that was because rioting and burning pretty much made Canterlot uninhabitable.

Login or register to comment