• Published 18th Aug 2013
  • 3,495 Views, 49 Comments

Terror in Equestria 2: Quest for the Jade Alicorn - StormLuna



The Dark Queen Twilight has just cemented herself as the sole ruler of Equestria. She is extremely powerful, but she wants a power only the Goddess LaurFa had, to see all. To achieve this, she must acquire an ancient relic in a guarded city.

  • ...
12
 49
 3,495

The Great Green Eye

The following morning Twilight was late waking up and had to rush down to breakfast despite her mane being a total mess. She was greeted by Shining Armor and her generals.

"Twily, what took you so long to get down here?" asked Shining Armor

Twilight replied, "I overslept. That bed that LaurFa had has to be by far the most comfortable bed in the universe! Sleeping in it would cause anypony to oversleep."

"Twilight, what happened to your mane? Did you forget to brush it this morning?" asked Dark Night

Twilight replied, "Yeah, I woke up late and was hungry. I figured that you guys wouldn't mind if I came down to eat with my mane being a mess. I will brush it after breakfast."

"Of course not Twily!" replied Thunder Rage "You could come here with your mane and tail in a mess and we wouldn't think any differently of you."

"Thanks." replied Twilight

"So what do you have planned for today Twilight?" asked Shining Armor

Twilight replied, "Well I have a lot of sorting and shelving that I have to do. I also need to look through the books from LaurFa's private library to find information so I can write a spell to make that jade Alicorn work. I want to have that thing working as soon as possible. After all, I didn't have us go to Faustica just to get a pretty decoration."

Thunder Rage asked, "Twilight, with all that extra material are you going to need more space?"

Twilight replied, "Yeah, I probably am. I may have to turn two of the unused bedrooms into part of my library."

Shining Armor said, "Twilight, I personally think you should build an underground bunker to put your library in. You can think I am paranoid if you like but I think that all your books and scrolls need to be safe from any attacks. I could see dissidents trying to attack the tower and destroy the library."

Twilight replied, "While there are no ponies who have the ability to cause damage to this tower, much less my library, I think you are right. I am going to take care of that today."

Thunder Rage asked, "Twilight, how are you going to take care of that in just one day? It will take quite a while to dig out a bunker like that."

Twilight replied, "I have powerful enough magic that I can just create a reinforced bunker on the other side of the tower from where the dungeon is."

Shining Armor said, "Speaking of the dungeon, how much longer does Rarity have down there before she is freed?"

Twilight replied, "It depends on her behavior. Ice Storm told me that while we were gone she did not sass with him when he took her her meals. If she keeps up this behavior, she will get out in two weeks, if she starts behaving like a brat again, she will be imprisoned for longer."

After breakfast Twilight headed down into the basement and fired bolts of energy into the wall, creating a huge bunker with a separate back room for all the Starswirl material along with LaurFa's private library. She then transported all the material down there and began to sort through it and shelve it. By the time she finished it was lunch time.

She decided that she would go over to Sugarcube Corner for lunch as she was hungry for something sweet. She was greeted by the same Pinkie Pie she has known since she arrived in Ponyville.

"Hi Twilight! How's it going?" asked Pinkie

Twilight replied, "It's going quite well. I have the new bunker finished and all the books and scrolls sorted and shelved down there. This afternoon I need to look for a spell to activate the jade Alicorn."

"Wow Twilight," said Pinkie "It sounds like you have been busy. You must be hungry."

Twilight replied, "Yeah Pinkie, I am. I decided that I would have lunch down here today. I'm hungry for something sweet and I want to have lunch with my friends today anyway."

The rest of Twilight's friends show up a few minutes later. They are all happy to see her down there since she normally eats her meals in her tower now.

Applejack said, "Howdy Twilight, isn't it lunch time for you?"

Twilight replied, "Yeah it is. I decided that I would come down here to eat. I'm sorry for not being down here that much girls. I plan on making it down here more now since I don't have any plans for anything for a while."

Pinkie asked, "But what about your plans for this afternoon finding a spell to activate the jade Alicorn?"

Twilight replied, "What I meant was that I don't have any endeavors in the foreseeable future that requires me to be in my tower most of the time."

Fluttershy said, "That is good Twilight. We really missed having you here."

Rainbow Dash interrupted, "So how much longer will the drama queen be in the dungeon?"

Twilight replied, "She still has two weeks on her sentence, but how much longer she will be there depends upon her behavior. If she remains like she has been with Ice Storm taking her meals to her, then she will get out in two weeks. That is what I am hoping for. I don't like it that the chefs are having to cook for a pony who won't eat it unless she has to."

Applejack asked, "What happens if she doesn't eat her food. Does it go to waste?"

Twilight replied, "No, it doesn't go to waste. I have Ice Storm go get her plate after two hours of him taking it down there. Whatever she doesn't eat I told him he could eat it, which I am sure he is having no problems with since his stomach is like a bottomless pit."

Pinkie asked, "So what will you do with Rarity once her time in the dungeon is over?"

Twilight replied, "That is something that I am still trying to figure out. I have a feeling that if I just let her go that she will just cause problems for us. If I keep her in the tower but not in the dungeon she will just whine and complain so much that I will just send her to the void. It feels like a lose, lose situation."

Applejack said, "What if y'all just let her move to Canterlot since she likes it there so much. Perhaps she won't whine so much when she will be eating their fancy stuff."

"Applejack you're a genius!" said Twilight "I am thinking that would probably be the best option right now. If she will be at least a bit happy and I don't have to put up with her, everything will be fine."

Fluttershy said, "What about Sweetie Belle and Opal? Opal loves it with me but I know Rarity would probably want her back and she would probably drag Sweetie Belle with her to Canterlot."

Applejack replied, "Sweetie Belle has been telling me she wishes she could live on the farm with me forever and that she doesn't care if she ever sees Rarity again and with Opal loving Fluttershy so much, I think Rarity should just move to Canterlot on her own."

Rainbow Dash added, "I agree with Applejack. She should just go there alone."

Twilight replied, "I agree but I do think we should let her ask Sweetie Belle about this on her own so it won't make the rest of us look so bad. You know what a loud mouth Rarity is."

Rainbow asked, "If you do let her move to Canterlot what are you going to do if she tries to start a rebellion there?"

Twilight laughed, "Well if that happens I along with a couple hundred Alicorn soldiers will just have to go in and crush it! There will be rebellions across Equestria and very soon I will be able to scan things from afar the way LaurFa used to."

Pinkie asked, "Was it the jade Alicorn that allowed her to see things from so far away? That will be awesome once you can see everything from far away so you can protect us from anything bad!"

Twilight smiled and said, "Yep Pinkie! It will be awesome. Not only will I be able to see anything going on in Equestria that I want, but I can scan the whole world for threats against us."

"yay!" said Fluttershy "I feel so much better knowing that. I worry about something coming and harming my critter friends."

Twilight replied, "I know you do. After we have our lunch I need to get over to my archives to find out how to activate that thing."

After an unusually long lunch Twilight returned to the tower and headed to the back room of the bunker to go through all the old scrolls to find anything that would help her out. Three hours later she finally found the information that she was looking for. "A-ha!" said Twilight "I think I have it figured out! I'm going up to my bedroom to see if it works!"

Twilight headed up to her room and pointed her horn at the jade Alicorn. She began to glow as she recited, "The jade Alicorn will help me see all, without it I might miss a brawl, while the distances are great, I can see all the hate, wisdom is what comes along with the eye so that overthrowing me nopony will try."

She fired her energy at the relic and it began to glow green. Very quickly a great green eye formed at the top of her tower, scanning over the entire world allowing Twilight to see anything and everything. She decided to tap into it and she saw a vision of a new day starting in Marelaysia and everything going normally.

"YES!" shouted Twilight "It worked! Oh I'm so happy!"

In Canterlot Twilight's parents were looking off to the east and saw that green eye scanning the world for problems and decided that enough was enough. They were going to go down to Ponyville to confront Twilight the next day.

The next morning her parents caught the early train to Ponyville. They were hoping they could persuade Twilight to deactivate the eye. They knew that the chances of that were small, but not zero.

Twilight, Shining Armor and her generals were getting ready to sit down for breakfast when Colonel Lightning Wasp came into the dining room.

"Twilight, there are a couple of ponies who want to see you." said Lightning Wasp

Twilight replied, "Who are they and what is it that they want?"

Lightning Wasp said, "They told me their names are Twilight Velvet and Crescent Sparkle and that they need to speak with you."

Twilight replied, "They are my parents. Bring them up here so they may join me for breakfast."

Lightning Wasp headed down to get her parents. Crescent Sparkle said, "I never imagined we would have a changeling officer taking us up to see our daughter."

Twilight Velvet said, "I know. She hates the formal traditions of old but I think this whole military thing she has going is far more rigid. Why a traditional royal guard isn't good enough for her is beyond me."

They got up to the dining room and Twilight and Shining Armor ran up to their parents to give them a hug.

Twilight Velvet said, "Stop right there you two. We are in no mood for a hug from either one of you after what you have been doing here lately."

Shining Armor asked, "What have we done that has you so irritated? Is it because we haven't invited you for a meal here yet?"

Crescent Sparkle replied, "Look son, you know exactly what it is about. You and your sister have been laying siege to other nations and stealing relics and taking their libraries just so Twilight can have every ounce of knowledge in the world. That is what has us so angry."

Twilight Velvet added, "And that green eye watching everything is creepy. It makes me feel like I am constantly being watched. It makes me feel like Twilight doesn't trust us, that she thinks we are the enemy."

Twilight replied, "Mom, I know it bothers you but I am doing this in the name of national security. There are a lot of threats in this world and with this I can know about them long before they have a chance to cause any problems for anypony in Equestria."

Crescent Sparkle said, "Well what about that force field you put around Equestria, isn't that enough?"

Shining Armor said, "Dad, there are also things within Equestria that could pose problems. Twilight needs to keep an eye out for those as well."

Twilight added, "Mom, dad, why don't you join us for breakfast? It will be the best meal you have ever had!"

Twilight Velvet said, "Fine. I do want to know what is going on with your friends."

Twilight replied, "Well Applejack is probably bucking her way through the south field as we speak, Fluttershy is most likely in the Everfree Forest frolicking with her woodland friends, Rainbow Dash was going to try to teach Scootaloo to fly today and Pinkie is running things for the Cake family over at Sugarcube Corner since they are catering an event in Tampa Neigh."

Crescent Sparkle asked, "What about Rarity, what is she doing?"

Shining Armor replied "Well she was questioning what Twilight was doing and disobeying not just Twilight, but also her commander so we had to put her in the dungeon."

"WHAT?" shouted Twilight Velvet "Why in Equestria would you put your friend in the dungeon. With friends with like you who needs enemies?"

Twilight replied, "Well you know what? She did not want us to go on this mission and she had been sassing me since the first day I started training exercises."

Shining Armor added, "Yes, she was being very stubborn and she was deemed a threat to national security. Twilight cast the loyalty spell on her twice and it still didn't work."

Twilight continued, "I figured that if I couldn't get a loyalty spell to work on her, that perhaps imprisonment would work on her. Nopony disobeys me or their commanders. Colgate was not thrilled with all her whining but let me handle it since I am the commander in chief."

"So you're the commander in chief too?" asked Crescent Sparkle

"Yeah, I am." replied Twilight "Yes Shining Armor is general of the army but I am still the top pony in charge."

Twilight Velvet and Crescent Sparkle had never felt more uncomfortable around their children in their life. They never imagined that their son would become a second in command and first in line to the throne and their daughter would become a dark queen with an insatiable hunger for more and more knowledge and absolute power.

Twilight Velvet said, "You know what Twilight, I wish I would have never let you go watch Celestia raise the sun when you were a filly. She became your idol and you became obsessed with learning magic. It is a shame she taught you so much you started to learn on your own."

Twilight scowled at her mom and said, "Well you know what mom, you can't go back and change things. Equestria is far safer with me in charge now than it ever was with Celestia as the top pony."

Crescent Sparkle yelled, "Not only have you made us feel like the enemy, but moving the capitol to this dump has caused Canterlot to lose some of its glory. The parties just aren't as happy and exciting knowing that there will be no special surprise visit from our princess. Ponyville has always been a dump and now it is a military dump. I don't see you holding special parties for the elite here, oh wait, there are no elite ponies here."

Twilight shouted back, "You know what dad, I like it here. Ponyville is not a dump. It is a nice reprieve from having to deal with all those snobs up in Canterlot. You know we weren't the wealthiest of ponies up there. I can relate with the ponies here and besides, there is no room in Canterlot for a military instillation so that I can have them engage in the necessary exercises."

Twilight Velvet said, "Oh yes, here we go again with the whole importance of the military thing again. Mark my words Twilight, one day you will transform into an evil dictator who will put everypony in chains."

Twilight yelled, "If you don't like it here, then go back up to your aristocratic dump. Just wait a few years and it will be in worse shape than the slums of Manehattan."

Twilight's parents headed back to Canterlot once Twilight finished her wrathful rant. They were actually scared of their kids, which hurt both of them deeply.

"I can't believe she turned out like this." sobbed Twilight Velvet

Crescent Sparkle said, "It's not just her honey. Shining Armor is completely under her control and will flex his muscle in the name of serving her. If something were to happen to her I could see him being exactly like her, a tyrant who will lie to everypony just to gain their trust and then stab them in the back."

Back in her tower Twilight was fuming that her parents would even dare say such things to her.

"Twilight, are you ok?" asked Shining Armor

"No," replied Twilight "I am not ok. I am beginning to wonder if they aren't a threat to Equestrian security as well."

Shining Armor said, "Personally I think that if they had a way to get there, they would go to Alicorn Island and ask for help from the royal family or seek asylum there."

Twilight said, "I could see them doing that but I'm not worried. The royal family out there is powerless against me. LaurFa is on our side now and we have such a powerful army that nothing will stop us, especially with my armor spell. Let them go. That will just prove that they are traitors."

Shining Armor nodded and asked, "So what are your plans for today?"

Twilight replied, "I am going to see what is going on around Equestria today. I don't have any feelings that there will be any rebellions, but I think it is so awesome that I have this ability now. I might also do some studying. There is so much stuff in the new material from Faustica I have to learn, this is going to be so much fun!"

Twilight headed down to the back of her bunker and continued to read the oldest scrolls and books from the Faustica archives. What she would soon discover would amaze her more than anything.