• Published 22nd Feb 2012
  • 537 Views, 0 Comments

Newpony - RagingBrony19983



A pony runs away from her past but she can't hide for long.

  • ...
 0
 537

Chapter 2

I entered the hospital and laid back and rested on the waiting room couch. I fell back into the cushions and ignored the nagging sensation from the burn. I don't know how long I was asleep but I know I awoke in a hospital bed. I didn't feel any pain and my vision was still blurred as I opened my eyes to the bright lights above me. I peered at my burn and saw it was wrapped up and so was my wing. Doctor Whooves came in and asked me to step into his office so we could talk. I followed him down the brightly lit hallways until we reached his office I tepped in and he told me to take a seat so I did.

He began with,"Well, Can you explain to me why you have these injuries?'

I began fidgeting so I got up and started to examine his pictures of him with his coworkers holding op various achievements. He cleared his throat so I turned my attention back to him.

I lied,"It was probably when I fell. I was a bit tired from flying for such a long time and the wind is so strong down here near Ponyville that I guess I was just knocked off balance."

He seemed suspicious and asked,"What about the burn?"

I turned my head away and looked at it then said, "Oh maybe it's just a brush burn from scraping against the rough ground in the forest."


He said, "Okay now we need to go over how you're going to take care of those wounds. With the burn you have to put this cream on it and you're going to have to rest your wing for a while."

As he reached across the desk to hand me the cream he tipped over one of the pictures and it almost hit the floor before I caught it. I lifted it and examined it then I saw something from the corner of my eye. In the far right I saw a yellow mane with the light grey. her one eye was in place but she cut out and I couldn't see her right eye. I put the photo on his desk and felt dissapointed.

He said,"Oh that's my wife Derpy. Don't you just love her."

I instantly perked up and I started crying.

Concerned he said,"What's wrong? Oh is it something I said. I'm sorry. I didn't mean to upset you."

I looked and laughed at his concerned face and said,"No. You don't understand Derpy is my.. my sister. I haven't seen her in almost 6 years."

He seemed to be concentrating and said,"Let me get this straight you're Derpy's sister the one she left behind. Your name is... Nightwind right?"

I was still laughing but said, "Yes but it's Nightrush."

By now I couldn't contain my joy and excitement. He was excited too.

He said,"Well why don;t I go get her."

All I could do was nod my head vigorously. I walked back to my room in such an excitement I wanted to fly but my wing wouldn't let me. I didn't care though. I came back to my room and watched out the windows for what seemed like an eternity and almost crashed through the window when I saw her and Dr. Whooves walk up the lane to the hospital. I ran to the lobby, almost knocking everypony to the floor.

As soon as I saw her I saw she had a daughter and I ran to her and instantly ran to her and wrapped me arms around her. We stayed there in the embrace for what seemed like seconds but what was probably a lot longer. She stepped back and looked me up and down.

She said, "I see you finally made it out. I missed you so much. I'm sorry I had to leave so sudden but I think we know why."

i saw her eye cross as soon as she said that.

Then she insisted,"You must come and stay with us for as long as it takes and you can get a job t Sugar Cube Corner with Pinkie Pie. I know that's your special talent."

I said,"Yes I will stay here Derpy. I've missed you so much. But are sure I should come barging on you guys and everypony in Ponyville as well."

She said," Of course why not Nightrush?'

I laughed and said,"Of course."

We trotted to her house talking the whole time catching up. We didn't talk about dad. I knew the silent secret that we were never going to talk about dad. I saw that her eyes were ten times worse than I had last seen her so long ago but I didn't say anything. Not wanting to ruin this moment.