• Published 22nd Feb 2012
  • 540 Views, 0 Comments

Newpony - RagingBrony19983



A pony runs away from her past but she can't hide for long.

  • ...
 0
 540

Chapter 1

I was rushing through the house picking the things up shoving them in the bag. The faintest of noise made my heart stop. I continued to frantically rummage through the house trying to be quiet. I bumped into a cabinet and felt the burn momentarily twitch in response and send a sharp pain along my right rear leg. The burn still looked fresh against my dark grey coat. I flicked my purple tail over it hoping it would cover it up I slung the bag on my back. I ran out of the house never to look back as I flew off picking up speed. Trying my best to keep my wings going. The left one still had a deep gash that hadn't completely healed yet.

The years of abuse have made me feel worthless, stupid, and useless. I was extremely tired from the restless nights hoping I wouldn't get hurt. I had been born in a small cottage in Manehattan. I was stuck in inside all of my life my dad never let me go out. I secretly snuck out to go to school but that's the only thing I had enough time to do while he was at work until he lost his job and started getting worse. My mom died when I was 2. The doctor says it was suspicious but they never looked into it. Everypony was probably too afraid to know what my father was capable of. He never really was a father to me.

I despised him. He had abused me, Nightrush, and my sister, Derpy. Derpy ran off years ago when the suffering got sop bad. He had almost blinded her that was a year before she ran off her eyes had always been cross-eyed but it got much worse and actually messed up her eyes when dad had shoved her head into a pot of boiling water. I should've gotten out of there earlier.

I missed Derpy all that time after she left it got really lonely after she left. Me and my dad never talked and he kept getting worse. It wasn't until recently when he had burned me on a campfire in the backyard that made me run away. It had been so much worse before but it was the act of dragging me and forcing me closer and closer to the campfire that I can't get out of my head. It was branded in my head like the burn was branded into my side. I still hurt to walk on it so I try to fly but it hurts to fly because of the gash when he pushed me one day and it ripped on a table.

The further I went the stronger the wind became. I pulled and tugged at my gash. I landed on a cloud for a moment as I tried to look ahead but the wind stung my eyes and blinded me. I turned my head but it whipped my whole body with it and I was thrown off the cloud and fell with a thud to the ground. My vision increasingly blurred and I could see everything was scattered around me before I fell unconscious.

I awoke in the same spot and got up and but before I could get my stuff picked up I head to get my wounds washed out. I walked for miles until I heard the trickling of a lake and I ran to it. When I saw it I flew a couple feet into the air despite the stinging in my leg and wing and dove straight for the lake feeling the cool water rush against my wounds and clean them. I relaxed for a bit and swam around.

I climbed up to the bank and shook the water out of my coat and trotted back to where my stuff lay scattered. I looked at things as I picked them up and replaced them in my bag. I came to the only photo I had of my mother. She was in it on the hospital bed cradling me in her arm, as I was asleep. I realized the glass was broken on the middle over her face and I slipped in the bag and couldn't stop myself from letting a tear slip down my face.

At that moment I heard an overly excited voice say,” Why are you crying? What happened to your leg? What happened to your wing? Do you need a friend? Do you need to go to the hospital?'

As the overexcited pink pony said each question and got closer I couldn't help but fall over after she had gotten so close. I got up and brushed myself off.

I said,” Do you mind but I’d rather be alone right now."
Then the pony said,” But you're hurt and alone. Do you live here? Are you alone? My name is Pinkie Pie. What's yours?"

I replied," Oh I’m Nightrush. I'm fine it's healing. Do you know where the nearest town is? Maybe I should go see a doctor..."

She seemed excited about me actually engaging in a conversation.

She said," Oh the nearest town is Ponyville. I live at Sugar cube Corner you should come by sometime. I'll take you to the doctor."

I walked with this only named Pinkie for a long time she ranted on about Ponyville but I didn't pay much attention I was just hoping she wouldn't ask about my past. She never did she seemed to be to obsessed with going over every detail of Ponyville. But I decided I wasn't going to be mean so I decided to listen.

What she was saying was," Oh the doctor he's nice. His name is Doctor Whooves. He's really good at taking care of everypony. One time he helped my friend with her wing it's a funny story how she hurt her wing also we found out she likes books but that's a different story and I’ll get to that another time."

I didn't even notice that we were there until we had abruptly stopped. I said a quick thank-you and went to walk ahead.

But Pinkie insisted and said," Oh, I’ll come in with you. Let you have a friend with you."

So I gave in.