• Published 25th Feb 2012
  • 1,012 Views, 17 Comments

Euphoric Synthesis - Violise

  • ...
4
 17
 1,012

Wavering Tones

Wavering Tones

Fluttershy had not been expecting this. Standing in front of her was a VERY happy Raindow Dash, seeming quite interested in what lied on her couch. "Hey Shy, who's that?" Fluttershy darted in front of Rainbow's vision. She wasn't quite sure on just why she needed to prevent Dash from pursuing her curiosity, but she had a very sinking feeling that it wouldn't be good for either. "Oh, hi dashthatsnoponydoyouneedsomething...from me?" Fluttershy had her eyes shut from the lack of air due to her panic. She opened her eyes to find a cloud of dust that had begun to settle on her doorstep. She went went wide eyed as she heard a rustle behind. Rainbow had taken it upon herslf to find an answer, as she lifted the blanket from the head of the shivering mare. Fluttershy was on top of Rainbow before she could complete her task. Rainbows vision was blured, but she could still make out a small patch of orange through the blanket before everything faded to black. "OhdearohmyohmygoodnessohdearangelwhatdoIdo...ah." With that, the two mares collapsed across from each other in a headache inducing sleep. Just above them, the feverish mare was beginning to wake from her horrendous nightmare. She took a groggy look at her surroundings, only to see a flash of rainbow originating from the mare she was longingly searching for. 'So, it did work.' The mare began to tear up in joy.

Vinyl was just reaching the cottage when she noticed that a cyan mare enter the building. Unaware of why she was there, Vinyl stopped short and turned to the Doctor. "Does you know who that was?" Vinyl asked quizzically. "That mare is quite famous around here, and if memory serves her name is Rainbow Dash." "Does she normally barge into people's home." "You'll find that around here, the Pegasi have a knack for being curious." Just as the Doctor said that, Derpy was peaking her head in a window near the entrance of the house. She could just pick out the figures of two mares on top of each other through the curtains. 'Nice job, Rainbow Dash...' Derpy thought slyly. It wasn't until she saw the two collapse on the floor then she realized that something was wrong. "Doctor, you need to come here, Fluttershy and Dash are hurt." Vinyl paniced and rushed into the cottage. It was then that a pair of red eyes met a pair of watering violet eyes. The fevered mare had awoken to an odd sight to say the least. Vinyl how did you get here, I thought you-" The mare began but her head screamed in pain as she tried to remember. "Please lie back down, miss," Whooves said calmly; ushering the mare back into a lying position. "Try to relax, and let me see what's wrong." The mare relaxed and closed her eyes and let sleep take her again. "Vinyl, would you please wake those two," the Doctor motioned towards the unconcious mares next to him. Vinyl did as she was asked and shook them gently. After she had awoken Fluttershy, she took to Rainbow Dash next. She looked over the cyan mare reserved interest. She looked like she had been made to fly, as opposed to fluttershy; with her petit curved flank and long luscious hair, coupled with her beutiful eyes- 'waitaminute, what the hell am I thinking, I barely know her' Vinyl shook off the last of her blush and bent down to shake Dash awake.

Rainbow Dash normally wasn't the remembering type. Sure, she was loyal to a fault; but that didn't mean that she had to also be a memory bank. Maybe this is why the image in front of her was really messing with her. Standing before a stunned Dash was all of the Wonderbolts giving congratulations to her. but this wasn't an acceptance letter or anything; at least, it didn't sound like one. "You sure are one lucky filly," Spitfire said joyfully. "It's not everyday you get to get married, am I right?" Soarin was next to Spitfire, eyeing the wedding cake behind Dash. Dash sat wide eyed at these shocking words. 'I couldn't have been out that long!... What did Fluttershy do?" Dash was paniced at this point "She didn't do anything" A voice from behind Dash made her turn. Standing to her left was a brilliantly dressed mare. Dash found her glowing beauty inescapable to say the least. "Who are you?" Dash asked, awed. "You wife silly." The mare pulled the veil back to reveal her face, but all dash could see was a white light around her. "I-I can't see you." The mare tooka step foward and placed a kiss upon dash's cheek. "Can you at least tell me who you are?" "Oh, well that's easy, it's Sc-"


Dash flashed awake to the sound of sobbing. 'Now what,' the mare thought glumly. She looked around the room at all the new faces, but could not find the source of the noise. It was then that she realized the wetness theat she felt on her hooves. She was the one crying, but she couldn't place why. She was sure that something had happened, and that it had just escaped her recollection. She shook off the tears and began to pick herself up from off of the floor. With a cautious glance, she surveyed the new faces. It wasn't until she spotted Fluttershy that she begin to move. "YO, Fluttershy I don't mean to be mean, but, WHAT THE HAY!? It's not everyday I get bowled over by my best friend." "Oh,um, I-I'm sorry," Fluttershy began to curl back at the tirade. "I just didn't expect that-well I didn't know what to expect, to be honest." Rainbow roled her eyes at the comment. 'That mare is more airheaded than a pinkie balloon.' "Now ladies, I'm sure this can be solved at a different time, but I have an urgent need to be attended to at the moment,"Doctor Whooves said curtly "And what is that," Vinyl asked. 'Who is she,' rainbow thought quickly. "This young mare," Whooves continued, "This mare is suffering from low altitude sickness, and the only cure for this ailment is some bedrest in a location above 1,000 meters. Now, Rainbow Dash, if I recall your home is around that altitude, yes?" "I see what your getting at, and I only have one question; who IS she?" "That is a good question," the Doctor replied, "but I'm afraid none of us have the answer for that as of now." It was then that the mare reawoke, almost as if the godesses themselves willed it to happen. 'This all seems so strange...' Vinyl thought ominously as they all gathered towards the couch.

To Be CONTINUED