• Published 8th Aug 2013
  • 393 Views, 2 Comments

The Shadows Cast Over A Weary Sun - runner2



This story takes place during the corruption of Luna when she becomes Nightmare Moon and events following it.

  • ...
 2
 393

Chapter 6: The Years After

Chapter 6: The Years After

Many years had passed since the incident. Celestia had managed to expand and better defend the town and its ponies. The town, renamed to Canterlot several years prior after the mountain it now resided on, was now the capital of Equestria. Although she still remembered her failures in protecting her sister, she held out hope that Luna would be returned to her in time.

The years slowly went on, the city was prospering along with the rest of Equestria. Every year on the anniversary of Nightmare Moon’s banishment, Celestia would become very depressed over the memories of her failure at being a sister. Noone questioned why because most of the castle staff knew of the stories that had been passed down through the ages. About the darkness that tried taking over the throne and making night eternal. About what she was forced to do to prevent the disaster. And about who she lost as a result.

In the forest of Everfree, things had gotten very dangerous. The creatures that were spawned on that night so many years ago still roam there, always clinging to the shadows. After the first hundred or so years since that day, the forest had started to expand. Celestia realized that she had to keep watch on it and stop the expansion of it. Appointing a team of ponies to tend to the forest, she casted a spell to stop the expansion of it. She was not strong enough to cleanse the forest of the dark magics that still corrupted the ground there, but she was able to halt their progress.

It was now only around 15 years before the prophecy would come to pass about Nightmare Moon. During one of her mornings she witnessed a magnificent explosion of color cover the sky. Immediately after there was a commotion at her school for gifted unicorns. Rushing over she discovered that a young unicorn had lost control of her powers during an entrance exam, and went to help. Upon learning of her name, and seeing her newly acquired cutie mark, she decided to take her on as a personal student. Celestia knew the other meaning behind the prophecy of Nightmare Moon’s return. After seeing this young unicorn, she knew it would come to pass and that she would soon have her sister back.

The End.

Thank you for reading.
This is my first ever attempt at writing anything so I’m sure it isn't all that good. But I feel I did a decent job on pulling off a story for a first time.
Hope you enjoyed it!

Comments ( 2 )

This was a good read. It explains why the castle in the Everfree forest was abandoned. What I do not like is that the Celestia portrayed (very well) in your story is the present day Celestia, not the early version (fresh to the throne and unsure of herself). Thank you for referring me to this on Brony Net. I look forward to reading more of your work.

3012411
I'm glad you liked it :pinkiehappy:
In regards to Celestia... There is really no noted beginning to Luna and her starting to rule as Princesses. Although she probably would of been more inexperienced at this time, there is no reason to believe she hadn't ruled 1000 years prior to this either. (unless I missed something in the shows...) So going by that logic I just went with a more present day Celestia over an inexperienced one.

Login or register to comment