• Published 8th Aug 2013
  • 393 Views, 2 Comments

The Shadows Cast Over A Weary Sun - runner2



This story takes place during the corruption of Luna when she becomes Nightmare Moon and events following it.

  • ...
 2
 393

Chapter 5: A New Home

Chapter 5: A New Home

Several hours later, Celestia awoke on a bed in the town’s hospital. Looking at a nearby clock and then out of a window she realized that the sun should have been up a few hours ago. Slowly climbing out of bed, she walked to the window and began to raise the sun. Her power was still very weak, but she managed enough to raise the sun just above the horizon.

After morning light washed over the town, the nurse rushed into Celestia’s room to find her collapsed back onto the bed. The nurse walked over to check on Celestia’s condition, and was relieved to find that she was recovering well. The nurse whispered, “You can rest now, everyone was protected thanks to you.” The nurse then quietly walked out and let Celestia sleep.

It was late in the day when Celestia finally awoke. Still feeling weak, but realizing the ponies of the town must be panicked by what had happened, she decided to announce a meeting in the town hall in an hour. Speaking to several of her subjects about the meeting, she asked them to gather everyone in the town hall for her announcements.

An hour later, all the ponies in town were crowded into the town hall. When the Princess took the podium at the front of the hall, everyone turned their attention to her and remained quiet.

“Thank you all for coming here on such short notice, my little ponies.” Celestia began, “I am sure you are all wondering what happened last night to cause such a drastic change of scenery. I was not able to keep all of the beasts from trying to get into the town, so I was forced to get the town away from the beasts. I was able to transport the town and all of you to the top of the mountain that was visible from the forest.”

A gasp sounded throughout the hall.

Continuing, Celestia said, “I am sorry to have to take you away from the forest that was once our home, but the magical fallout from my fight with…” Celestia paused, fighting back tears, “Nightmare Moon, corrupted the forest and its inhabitants. I could not let you all stay there and be at the risk of attacks by the magical beasts that now stalk the forest.”

A young colt raised a hoof.

“Yes young one. You wish to ask something?” Celestia said.

“Do you know when Princess Luna will be able to come back?” the young colt asked.

Celestia, surprised by the question, didn’t answer right away. After a brief pause she stated, “I am not sure little one.”

At this time, another hoof raised. It was one Celestia recognized as one of her more gifted castle magicians.

“Yes Starswirl?” Celestia asked.

The older unicorn, walking forward spoke up, “I believe that Princess Luna will return. Although not for another thousand years.”

Celestia, looking on in disbelief, asked, “How do you know Starswirl?”

“I have been studying the effects of the elements you used, and have determined that on the longest day of the thousandth year that she could use the stars to help herself get free.” Starswirl said. “Although she would be the same as when you sent her there. That is, she would still be Nightmare Moon.”

Celestia was greatly relieved to hear this, for she had though that the banishment was permanent and couldn’t be undone. Since after using the power of the elements, she had lost the ability to control them by herself.

“Thank you for letting me know this, Starswirl.” Celestia said warmly.