• Published 25th Aug 2013
  • 3,210 Views, 108 Comments

Two Moons - TheGreatEater



TrixieX???? Random Shipping Fic contest entry. Trixie had almost given up on her life, and the lie she's held for so long. When Princess Celestia and Luna save her. Trixie has to come to terms with who she is and who she can become.

  • ...
14
 108
 3,210

Chapter 8

Chapter 8:

It took some time, but eventually Twilight and Luna fixed Celestia. Although her body would need more than Luna’s coffee to heal her. A mixture of land reshaping attacks, over exertion of intense magical forces, and an earth pony petrification barrier made for one experience that Celestia would have loved to be able to forget. It angered her more that they got as far as they did because she was holding back to keep from incinerating them where they stood. Than it did that she forgot the full extent of Earth Pony Magic.




She swore next interation of Twilight, Luna, and herself ruling Equestria she wouldn’t dump all her magical studies and funding to only Unicorns. She was going to try that earlier with the while School for Mages, but in the end that was more to needle the nobles that it was to be serious. She just wanted to see there reaction.




And after hearing the story about how Twilight almost did something more dangerous than the Pegasi Gaurds using a heavily restricted weapon of mass destruction near civies was cause for her to me more stringent in her training her in the arcane martial magics. Although her stoic mood was lifted when Trixie and Luna recounted their little joke on Twilight, and with how violently she was blushing thought to herself that it might be something worth looking into.




With how much Trixie had grown, and grown on her. She was willing to work something out where they could share each other if they were open to it. Although the last time that her and Luna had been intimate had been decades before Sombra’s invasion, and was something that had been lost to all but the most bawdiest of drinking songs. Of course not to long after that there had been wars to fight, nations to save, and Luna falling into a depressive fugue’ that she could save her from. But now she was with a pony, and Trixie didn’t know how lucky she was since she didn’t share her sister with just anypony.




Asking if the collected ponies would excuse them for a bit. Setting themselves aside Celestia initiated telepathic communication.




I know that this may not be the best time to talk about this. But I think it’s important to discuss. Celestia said, a tense feeling like waiting for a hammer to fall rippled through Luna.




It’s about Twilight and Trixie isn’t it? Was the guarded reply she got.




And us. The tension built slightly, but enough that Luna’s body shifted uncomfortably.




Speak your mind ‘Tia. I’ll listen to what’s been weighing on your mind since you saw Trixie and me rest against Twilight.There wasn’t any of the frost from the talk they had months earlier when they talked about Trixie. And that was enough to loosen Celestia up.




I miss you, well us. And I’ve seen how you look at Twilight, and I know from that mischievous grin of yours that you’ve caught me looking at Trixie. And if they are open to it ... well ... it would be nice to be able to share more moments like we used to before those barrels of leeches broke us apart before your corruption and ever since you got back. Celestia asked. Luna could feel the pain that she missed before slither through her like a cloud blotting out the celestial bodies. She was about to respond when Celestia started back up again.




I never said it before but I never meant for your night, or those who practiced it’s arts to go on the wayside as they did. It was just that the night was always to painful for me, it reminded me of how I failed you. How I couldn’t be a better sister, or a better lover for you and if I had been there for you, you wouldn’t have suffered like you did. Then I learn about Trixie, and the Lunarmancer’s and how they’ve all suffered through prosecution the kind that hadn’t been in the open since the 3 tribes summoned the Windigoes by their hatred. And I tried to help you to too get together because I wanted you to be happy. And I’m sorry Lulu. At this point Celestia had stopped caring about her mask and was crying silently as her head rested against Luna’s shoulder.




I thought that you stopped coming to me at night was that you were ashamed of us. That you were through spending time with me. But we should have had this talk along time ago. You have done everything to make amends since all those months ago. You even were there to save Trixie from the mob who had descended upon her. Then you worked on helping me and Trixie get togeher, Luna gave a mental sigh as a weight she didn’t know she had been carrying lifted off her, If they are open to the idea. Then I’d love that, and ‘Tia.




Yes?




I love you. With a deep nuzzle into her sisters reddening coat Luna stood up and walked back to Trixie.




“What was that about?” Trixie asked.




“Me and ‘Tia had a very long over due chat. And we talked about something that we’re going to talk to you as well as Twilight when the time is right.” Luna replied.




“With how red she is at the moment it must have been something rather interesting I bet. Maybe I should pay her a little dream visit.” Trixie said jokingly.




“A warning to you if you do. Alicorns have more vivid dreams, and it might break your mind to see into Celestia’s dreams if you arrive in there at the moment.,”Luna whispered in her ear. Trixie’s mind went through the various images that could mean and ended as red as Big Mac.




Punching Luna softly in the shoulder she replied, “You’re horrible, you’re lucky that your se ...wait I meant, you’re lucky that I like you. Now I need brain soap and to ... do something ... later.” The last part was 60% embarrassment and 40% awkwardness.




For a mare who was used to using her words it disarmed her how quickly that her marefriend could shut down her higher brain functions in a heartbeat. Although she quickly forgave her. For her first relationship in ages, and the only one where she didn’t have to worry about missing bits, or disappearing property. It was nice and she didn’t mind her being a letch. Now all she needed to do was wait until she had forty minutes to herself to scratch an itch that had been building for months.

The arrival to the Crystal Empire while rushed went a lot more smoothly than they could have hoped. With the warning from Shining Armor, and all the heavy hitters in the Carriage charged up, they made to inside the boarders with the Crystal Army keeping the REAF out of their land. And long enough for them to get the spells on the carriage recharged to speed to the Empire’s Capital where the Element Bearer’s, Shining Armor, Princess Cadance, Discord, and a squadron of Crystal Guards greeted them.




All the while Dragon Mail rained down on their heads, as the Cadance was being pelted with demands that they hand over the criminals they were holding, and release the kidnaped Princess Celestia. As well as other bits of Equestrian Legalese that equated to the same thing as well as a proclamation of war if they didn’t. Cadance looked at the mass of letters and laughed heartily at the mass of stupidity that was Equestrian Nobility, “You don’t even have to ask Auntie. Both of you, and Twilight have a yes vote from me.”




Trixie drank in all the sights around her as they made their way to the Crystal Tower. The hate and open hostility that she was used to wasn’t present here. Having lived with it for so long it felt both alien and cathartic all at the same time. Leaning into Luna she was happy that Celestia, and Twilight not only stopped her from ending her life both times. But that she had for the first time such wonderful friends as these that even at her worst, well almost worst, still loved her and treated her like a living pony rather than as a monster to pin all their misgivings upon. But at the same time she was torn on the primal herding instincts of her genes and the modern view of one love to one pony. She truly loved Luna, the incarnation of her only real friend growing up and the only pony to never really abandon her.




But there was Celestia who saved her when she was about to end her life from those who would have done the job for her without really caring. Who she caught looking at her flank from time to time, or whose sight trailed her body when she was lost in thought. Similar to how she looked at Twilight albeit with a lot less heat, but the spark was there. Then there was Twilight. The only real innocent pony in Trixie’s past anger and misgivings. Had never judged her, never helped fuel the fire that Trixie had going against her, and gave her back the past things that meant more to her than her own life. All without asking anything in return.




She was bound and determined to talk to Cadance about it later, being the Goddess of Love, but for know. Even with her herding instincts wanting to gather as many suitable mates as possible, and be close like an extended family of lovers, and friends. Right now Luna was good, and even if she could only have one Mare in her life she was content and happy with Luna, and the others when she had enough alone time to clop. Just like she would want Luna to do if she wanted to have happy time thoughts about others to knock the edge off. Although things were way to soon to be going that route in real life. In one’s fantasies as long as they stayed fantasies than it was all fair play.




It seemed like no time at all she was yanked out of her revelry by Luna nipping her behind the ear causing Trixie to lean further into her before giving a shuddering sigh. Turning her head to return the favor she saw that they were inside the tower proper. With a giant crystal heart spinning around rays of light and love flowing off of it. Without thinking she asked, “How come the Changeling’s never came here? This would be a buffet to them.”




Cadance gave her an odd look before simply answering, “I don’t know. But your right, it’s something we’ll have to look into later I suppose. Now everypony but Discord, Shining Armor, Trixie, and Spike gather around the heart. We’ll do the spell once the Element pour there power into the heart.”




For the rest of her days Trixie wouldn’t be able to fully describe the beauty of what she saw that day. The rainbow wave of power flew from the Bearers into the heart as Cadence, Celestia, and Luna there eyes growing bright white with raw power cast a spell into the heart. It spun faster and faster distorting the rainbow like an oil slick distorts light. Before a mighty blast of power exploded outwards. In the epicenter of the spell she could almost feel the minds and lives of all living things on the planet. She could feel the hate, prejudice, and corruption that had taken root. As well as the love, friendships, and closeness that fought the invading taint of the world.




She witnessed the spell cleanse as much of the taint as it could before going into the minds of all sapient beings. severing memories, knowledge, and experiences from their minds. Taking all things tied to them and ripping them over to the tower. She saw a warehouse with seething with untouchable taints, inconceivable energies, and fates bound to things far in the future, past, and worlds unseen. Then as the spell worn down she saw all the wealth that had been made by the Royal Sisters actions and decrees siphon off into a place deep in the Everfree. Even the parts taken by dragons over the millenia were taken back. And technology, achievements, and things that had been created over the last few millenia were reverted to their original form. Save a few small settlements near the Everfree. As the spell regressed civilization back to the time before the founding of Equestria.




As the spell wore down the heart slowed its spinning, the rainbow left the bearers, and they looked around as if in a daze. It was Rainbow Dash who asked the question on everyones mind, “What was that, and why do I have the feeling that anypony outside this city isn’t going to remember diddily squat?”




“The short answer is that it was a regression and memory spell of epic proportions. It removed any technology, science, and knowledge that happened while we ruled Equestria. And they will remember family members, and important events, but anything dealing with anything else will be a white haze that they will never remember. And the things that did have them made or written will be either in the tower, or the old location of a holding spell for dangerous artifacts.



As for the city. It was built as a spell form, and power amplifier. But all those ponies here are immune to certain types of spells done here. There’s a reason the Crystal Empire effects all of Equestria just by existing.” Celestia answered.




With that she asked everypony to rest up and they would have a busy next few weeks with the backlash from everything that spell was going to do. As well as the nobility finding out that all their wealth and property had vanished from beneath their hooves. Since the Extended Royal Family being node for the spell let them know what happened to their wealth. Even if they weren’t able to locate anything they still would know that the Princess took back the wealth and prosperity they gave the world, returning it to a time far before the modern era.




Luna looked at Celestia and said in an annoyed tone, “We’re going to have to make another “How Equestria was Made” story now. Those are always so tedious to do when we eventually take back the throne. As for all of you present me and my sister will be lowering the sun for the last time the Ponies of Equestria will have to figure it out, and we are going to be making runs into Equestria’s boarders to gather your family members. Well those who wish to come,” and with that was off with her Sister.

Trixie slept for the first time is three days. And was met by a vivid dreamscape much more shaper than anything she had ever witnessed as three days worth of sleep filled her mind. She stood at the cliff that she once stood at contemplating her demise. But now she no longer felt that pull as she looked over the edge she said to herself, “I want to live. I’m never going to stand over here and contemplate death when I finally have a life worth living. Well I might as well try to summon my marefriend and see if we can finally have our date.”




“There’s no need. I’m already here, and I’m proud that you finally freed yourself of this burden. As for a date, I do believe that one is finally in order. Although if it’s a dream does it count?” Luna said standing at her side.




“I’ve always had lucid dreams, and if you’re here and I’m here. And we are going out then it doesn’t matter if it’s a dream. It’s real enough for me.” Trixie said.




“Then I have the perfect place if you don’t mind.”




“I’d love to see where you have in mind.”




The world around them blurred out of focus and when it cleared Trixie was sitting on a spiraling cloud made out of rainbows. The setting sun making her surroundings glow in a multitude of shifting colors, below her a beautiful forest lay below them. After the shock of sitting on a cloud wore off, and she started doing little bounces to feel the comfort of it’s softness while music played softly in the background with no discernable source she asked, “What is this place.”




“Well when my sister was in charge of making Rainbows, once a year she’d make these and Pegasi would take their special somepony to them. It was considered the greatest romantic thing to do. Since I wanted to make our first date memorable so I decided to take you here. Then a little dream hopping for some romantic adventure, and then we’ll take it from there.”




As the sunset, magic within the rainbow fire cloud trapped the sunlight and as the moon rose made it look like they were sitting on glowing, rainbow filled crystals. Slowly a cloud of fireflies rose from the ground below them and in a double helix rose. A faepony with butterfly wings came out from the clouds and served her a steamed, honey glazed tomato with shredded dill leaves, with candied lilacs on a thinly sliced asiago cheese bread. With a side of cinnamon apple chips, with a light cream icing dipping sauce and a glass of spiced sparkling grape juice. Luna had the same thing, but with moon pies rather than apple chips with the sauce.




“This looks delicious thank you. By the way what is this song?”




“It had no title when it came out, but it was made by a qilin named Zanarkand. Over in I think it was year 130 in the first era. She made a few of my favorite songs, but I don’t know if you like Neighponese. So I thought we’d go with an instrumental piece to set the mood.”




“You’ll have to introduce me to the music sometime. But this is beautiful. Thank you.” Trixie said with a blush as the Fire flies finally made it up to them and gave mood lighting that added onto the magical lights from the cloud they were on.




“I’d love to share that music with you someday. I’m glad you like it. While I’m no longer the Mare on the Moon. Do I live up to what you thought it’d be like?” Luna asked.




“More than I could ever imagine. When I was at the darkest part of my life you were one of the few only ponies to lift me out of that, or even cared enough to do so,” She stated passionately, “I’ll admit that I was sad when the Mare on the Moon was gone at first, because she ... well you, were the only friend I had for the longest time. And when all others would leave or betray me for a quick bit. You never did. I could always count on you. But then you were gone ... but then I learned the truth and I was happy for you. But I was worried that you wouldn’t recognize me so I never went up to you. But then you came into my life, and just like when I was growing up, you were there for me. So no matter what happens next, well my dreams have been exceeded.” She gushed.




Luna had a smile on her face that went from ear to ear, “Well I’m glad that I was able to do so. Now let’s see here next up is a movie. I think Pinkie Pie is playing some music videos and a few matinee’s. Although we should steer clear of her nightmares. Those things are almost as strange as she is herself.”




And with their meals finished and without further ado they were gone.




The inside of Pinkie’s dreamscape was industrious to say the least. It was a twisting three dimensional Labyrinth of intertwining staircases were where a wall would be another labyrinth of staircases. Somewhat akin to MC Escher’s Relativity, but taken up to 11. But that what was strange was that ever four sections of the walls, floor and ceiling would be constantly moving at spins, spirals, and inverted loops at regular intervals. While the spaces between the sections moved like a giant conveyer belt moving a proverbial city of pinkies as well as Luna and Trixie around between the areas. Each Pinkie seemed to be doing one vital task or another. To sum things up. It was mind boggling.




“What is all this?” Trixie Asked hesitantly worried to know what the answer to be yet unable to prevent herself from wondering out loud.



“Well that’s a hard one to answer really. You see this is what my mind usually looks like both while I’m awake and asleep. All these Pinkie Pie’s are a fragment of Pinkie Pie helping Pinkie Pie sort together what ever she needs work on. It’s also why you outsiders think she is random, mostly because the filing system is still being worked onto more readily store all the information she has ever received, will receive or in some cases will yet to have receive.



All of us are working together to make a more efficient, and industrial mind in the service of Pinkie so that Pinkie’s will can be done. Now if you’ll follow me I am Pinkie and I will be your guide.” With that the Pinkie Pie that greeted them led them through an intricate and insanely complex series of stairs.




“So you are all Pinkie?” Trixie asked.




“Yes. All are Pinkie and All are one.”




“So you’re like ants?”




“More like analogous sentient programs that are part of central program that connects us.”




“Ah!” Trixie stated, less because she fully understood, and more because it was easier than to grasp how a mind could function in such conditions.




Eventually they reached a city sized Movie Theater held within the many vaults that was Pinkie’s mind. Trixie looked over at Luna and asked something that she wanted to know the second she saw Pinkie Pie the first time, and even more so know that she was in her mind, “Is Pinkie Pie ... you know ... well ... A real Pony? Or is she some kind of magical creature from beyond the stars? No offense Pinkie Pie.”




“Well honestly that is a tricky one to answer. I can honestly say that you’re going to have to ask Celestia about that one ... but she does have family of sorts. Let’s just say that Pinkie Pie is Pinkie Pie and very few entities can meet Pinkie’s innerself and not crack from the truth. Let’s leave it at that for now, trust me. Some things ponies are better off not knowing. But I will say the form she’s taken and the things she’s done are to make others happier.”




Trixie nodded and walked through numerous rooms. Each with their different labels before stopping at, The Princess Bride. Even though it was filled with Earth Ponies, with the only two unicorns being the old creepy couple that lived in the woods inside that secret tree. She still found it hilarious, and funny. Especially the part where Westley fights the outlaws on the Cliffs of Insanity before beating the Vizzini in a game of wits. By the end of the movie Trixie was winded from having such a good time.




“So what do you want to do now?” Luna asked.




“Surprise me.” Trixie said nuzzling Luna.