• Published 30th Aug 2013
  • 2,222 Views, 35 Comments

Children of the Night - Wolfen Spirit



Based on the animation http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=jW5n3k2VgZE 1000's of years ago, when Princess Luna realizes that no pony loves her nights, she creates a new race of ponies, the Children of the Night.

  • ...
2
 35
 2,222

The Eyes

My pretend student looked at me with grief in her eyes. I looked back at her sadly. Poor Cougari. I should have known it would be her who would come. She made her apologies and made a quick exit, right before the little filly cleaned up our plates and tiredly asked us if we wanted dessert. Tia got up, saying she was going to retire for the night, Twilight Sparkle going right after her. I sat at the table for a while until I decided to go to the library. I took a step in and noticed something was wrong. I looked down and I saw Tia crying. I stepped forward and laid near her, turning to her I spoke, "T-Tia... Are you... Are you ok?" She turned to me sharply.

Her eyes filled out with a hidden rage, but also with regret. She showed me the book, "How could you Lulu. All those years ago... I thought you'd LISTEN!" Her voice squeaking with hidden emotion.

I sighed, "How much did you read Tia?"

She looked at me sharply, "All of it."

I frowned and took the book from her, "Then you know why I did it? Why I took them?!" My voice rose, "How dare thou judge thee! I did it for thy! I felt unloved. I felt like an orphan Tia. I felt unneeded in this world! Why Would they need me when they have you?! CELESTIA! HIGH AND MIGHTY!" My voice dripped with sarcasm and rage. I stood up, "THEY NEEDED A FAMILY CELESTIA! THEY HAD A RIGHT TO A FAMILY! AND WHO WAS I TO STEAL THAT RIGHT FROM THEM?! WHO WAS I? I WAS JUST LIKE THEM TIA!"

She stood up as well, towering over me, "I TOLD YOU NOT TO LUNA! I TOLD YOU NOT TO AND YOU DISOBEYED ME!"

I yelled right back at her, "I DID WHAT I THOUGHT WAS BEST! I THOUGHT WE WERE EQUAL IN THIS TIA! I THOUGHT WE COULD BOTH MAKE DECISIONS! WHY ARE YOU ALWAYS THE ONE WITH THE LAST WORD?! WHY DO THOU HAVE MORE POWER?!" I shook with rage, my blue eyes glowing, "WHY DO I ALWAYS MESS UP TIA?! I THOUGHT WE AGREED TO THIS!"

Celestia stood taller, "YOU LIED TO ME LUNA! YOU LIED TO YOUR SISTER! I THOUGHT YOU FELT ENOUGH HAPPINESS!" She took a deep breath, and with tears running down her face she asked, "How long Lulu? How long has this been going on?"

I sighed, "After you told me no, I thought of what I could do to change your mind:

I walked into my chambers. I looked down unto the land below. I could see all the prissy ponies walking around, their mane high and stiff, with spectacles down on the tip of their muzzles. Walking around like they owned everything. I looked toward the orphanage, which was close by the castle. There were little foals playing, but one filly was sitting. Her face muddy, but tear streaked. I looked towards her and had a funny feeling in my stomach. Somepony did that to her. I took my hood and flew down there. I walked inside, and there, sitting on a fancy chair, counting bits, was the head of the Orphanage. I spoke quietly to her and she nodded repeatedly. I turned and trotted away. After awhile I took flight, looking for a perfect place. I found one, about 100 miles east of the castle. I was afraid that Celestia would find out what I was going to do. But I put that fear behind me and right before midnight I flew towards the orphanage. I tapped on the window, and a few colts and fillies got out of their beds and gazed at me in wonder. I put a spell on them, and they could fly. I led them up. Higher and higher until we reached the clouds. All of the foals were chittering excitedly. All but one. She looked at me and didn't say anything. As we reached the safe haven, I told them I will be back soon, and to keep themselves safe until then. Some of the older colts took it upon themselves to look after the younger foals. But, the poor young filly didn't want me to go. "Do you have a name?" She nodded, "Drawing Moon." I smiled. "Welcome Drawing Moon. Welcome daughter." She smiled at me and trotted away to the cave they found hidden between rocks."

I looked at Tia, "I know what I did. I know I shouldn't have done it behind your back, but..."

Tia sighed, her eyes still conflicting with emotion, "We are not done talking about this Luna."

^~^~^~^~^~^~^~^~^~^~^~

I snuck out of my bedchambers early the next morning. Hoping to escape Celestia's questioning. It worked for a while. Tia came up to me after lunch, "She didn't know did she?"

I looked at her, confused, "Who?"

Tia sighed, "Gari."

I shook my head, "No, Gari doesn't know."

Tia frowned, "Didn't know."
"What?"
"Where do you think I found the book Luna?"
"What do you mean?!"
"It was between her hooves. Her face was shocked to see it. Ever notice she wasn't here yet? She got scared and teleported away Luna!"
"Tia! How could you not tell me this?!"
"I didn't tell you because you didn't need to know!"
"IT'S NOT THOU'S BUSINESS TO KEEP THINGS FROM ME TIA!"
"I know what I saw Luna."
"ITS NOT THOU'S BUSINESS TO KNOW WHAT THOU SAW!"
"Lulu calm down..." Celestia whispered.
I heard muffled talking outside the door. Cougari...