• ...
5
 252
 2,632

CH.24: The end of the road

~1,000 C.R.~

It has been a thousand years since the fated event that turned sister against sister. A thousand years since the eternal ruler of Equestria, Celestia sealed the foul being Nightmare Moon in the moon for attempting to make night eternal. Any act of evil in Equestria, no matter how small is frowned upon. The nation is in a dream state of happiness. This will soon be shattered as what they thought impossible comes to life.

In the thousand years since Nightmare Moon's banishment creature's of the past are long forgotten. Mixed bloods and Main bloods are now simply called tribes although deminished greatly over time. Discord's children live in hidden away areas rarely being seen unless for democratic reasons.

The outer nations have also been experiencing this peace while still having their share of criminals and outlaws. The Gryphon nations and Pegasi states have made co-communities to live together. The diamond dogs have become reclusive and stay to their mines. The dragons have stayed to their communities also but make regular migrations around the world for new homes.

The Equestrian nation has prospered like never before. Prodigious young foals are born everyday. Most notably is that the pegasi these days have increased in flight speed like never before. And as such a league of expert fliers was made called the "Wonderbolts". Any pegasi willing to put there all into racing go here.

For the various unicorns with an exceptional amount of magic Celestia herself opened up a special school to help these young foals gain control of their power before anything were to go wrong. Celestia herself has even taken on an apprentice by the name of Twilight Sparkle.

A recent earth pony family by the name of Apple have made farms all over Equestria. This family has made a perfect connection to the earth over it's generation and it shows in their crops. The most delicious apples known to ponykind and might I add they make a heck of a hard cider.

Celestia herself has been more joyful than ever now that she has an apprentice. She would use to confide everything in just her advisor Chaos Angel but now with more than just the one she had been able to actually relax and even act like her old joyful self so many years ago. Even throughout all of this she she still worries for her banished sister and her long last seen mother. That was until she got a mysterious letter in the mail.

And on this one thousandth year the day before the longest day of the year Vinetion, Goddess of land, sea, and sky, was helping creature migrate to new homes just as her sense felt a strong pull. As she stopped what she was doing she flew off in the direction the pull came from. She kept flying until she landed in front of Nightmare Moon's old castle in the middle of the everfree forest.

As she walked in she noticed a ball of white light floating in the center and as soon as she touched it she was the scene around her shifted.

"It is good to see you once again my daughter" Gaia said

"And I am glad to meet you once more too mother. Pray tell why have you called for my presence?" I ask

"I have come bearing a message for you and Celestia. The fates have made their decision. This is what they for tell. "on the longest day of the thousandth year, a being of great evil shall be released from her night prison. Only by the power of the elements of harmony and six hearts entwined with unity shall they be able to save the moon from the darkness". Luna's release shall for the newer generation alone. The fates are cryptic but also generous. I do not know who but was told "The key is in the Sparkle". I shall leave it up to you to figure out what this means." Gaia said.

With a knowing smile on my face I said "Great and wise as always mother. You have brought great news for both myself and Celestia. And yes I believe I have an idea as to what the hint means." I chuckle at the end.

With our meeting adjourned the scene shifted back to the castle with Gaia and her light nowhere to be seen. I flew back to my small house on the edge of canterlot and began to write a letter. Once I was done I flew to the castle and left it in front of the throne rooms doorway. I made my exit quickly making sure no one saw me. As I flew away I went back to the everfree to leave a gift for the coming visitors.

~scene shift~

Chaos Angel walked into the throne room carrying an odd scroll. As celestia picked up the scroll with her magic Angel stepped out of the room to go about his daily business. Celestia looked at the green scroll with curiosity as a woody smell wafted by.

We have not met in a long time you and I. I bring tidings and news that will soothe your sorrows. Sometimes the troubles of the old generation can only be solved by that of the new. By the aid of fate and the stars on the longest day of thousandth year, he who was banished such the time ago shall be released. Only by the unity of six hearts using each of the elements of harmony they embody shall the one tainted by darkness shall be released. The one named Sparkle shall be the one to lead. That is if she learns to get out of the library more often.

Signed, The Oracle

"Angel get in here I need you to write something for me." Angel came in and began to write down what Celestia restated once he was done he was told to take them and place them in Twilight Sparkle's library. The two books he had were called "Old pony tales, myths and prophecies" and The Mare in the Moon".

Later that day Celestia received a scroll via green fire from her apprentice warning her of "Nightmare Moon's return" to which she responded in her being to much of a hermit and used that as an excuse to send her away to make friends and possibly come into being the answer to the prophecy. Even though Ms. Sparkle didn't know it Celestia kept a close eye on her all day.

Throughout the day the young unicorn went about being all business trying not to even try to make friends when all the other ponies wanted to be. By the end of the day and the Summer sun celebration, celebrating the longest day of the year began Ms. Sparkle still didn't want friends even though all of the ponies she met thought of her as one.

On the strike of midnight, sic stars aligned themselves in the night sky pointing at the moon and Celestia felt the ancient banishment spell shatter. This was where she had to restrain herself and let her apprentice take on her fated duty. Celestia watched Nightmare Moon's every action that night from her entrance to each and every trick she pulled to stop the six ponies from accomplishing their goal.

When the six ponies with their hearts united in friendship used the Elements of harmony on Nightmare Moon instead of wizened destruction was renewed healing and stole away the taint of the Nightmare from Luna's soul and banished it yet again from the mortal plane. Seeing her sister once again freed Celestia raised the sun and joined the seven ponies gathered there to celebrate.

Waiting in the darkness I looked upon this with happiness to see my daughter finally reunited after a millennium of sorrow and grief. I kept waiting until they had all left but the purple pony Twilight Sparkle stayed back from the others and kept looking around as though she sensed something. Finding nothing she ran to catch up with the others.

These six ponies were definitely stronger physically and magically than any pony of their generation. Each one has properties that makes them unique from the unicorn that can locate gems to the pegasus that broke the sound barrier. This power they have was increased by their bond of friendship and was shown once again when another old friend appeared.

One year after the release of Nightmare Moon due to the shifted connection of the elements of harmony from Celestia and Luna to the six ponies Discord's cage was weakened. After his last defeat and being in stone for so long it took him the entire year simply to crack the shell but by the arguing of three little fillies he was given the chaos needed to break free.

However this time he wasn't evil just playful, but due to the regular norm of the past thousand years he was once again defeated for trying to spread chaos by the very same 6 ponies. They were once again celebrated as nationwide heroes and not only that but knighted as the official national protectors of Equestria.

With the two only true threats to the world once again sealed away, Celestia and Luna once again reunited, and the world finally at peace with itself life has reached a prime state. But than that's the thing about fate, when it has a plan it needs to add and take away figures to make the plan work. Certain figures are temporary while other are permanent. With the world at peace a certain being was no longer needed.

5 years had passed since the Discord incident and I was going about my eternal duty like always but, something felt off. The entire day my body felt light and weightless as though I was free-floating. At one point I simply felt too tired to continue so I laid down under the shadow of an oak and stared at the clouds as the floated past. As my eyes slowly began to droop I heard the familiar voice of my mother calling out to me.

The next thing I knew I was laying in a flowering field filled with a flowers in all shades of the rainbow. No longer was I in my pony form but in my goddess form. As I stood up I noticed Gaia was sitting in front the same fire I last saw her in front of when we last met. She waved me to sit down and so I did.

"Hello my daughter. I hope life has been treating you well. I know this might upset you but your time has come." Gaia said to me.

"Excuse me? What do you mean my time has come?" I asked curiously.

"I mean it is time for you to move onto the after life and join me in the council of gods. Fate has deemed you worthy of fulfilling your duty these past one billion years and felt you finally deserve your reprieve. I understand this will be hard for you to accept seeing as it will have you be leaving Celestia and Luna in the mortal plane." Gaia said sadly.

"I knew this day would come sometime. Even the spirits of immortals are subject to fate and that is something no being can defy. While I will miss my two daughters greatly I can still look over them for eternity. I only wish there was something I could give them to remember me." I responded.

"Do not worry yourself my daughter. Your presence will never be forgotten, and neither will your actions. You have done many a great deeds during your time here and will always be considered a savior, but now you must step back and allow them to learn to live without a safety net." Gaia responded.

With that Gaia stood up and motioned me forward to the edge of the field where the surrounding edge of whiteness had crept forward. As I moved forward I realized the field had lost it's coloring and was beginning to turn the same whiteness in front of me.

"Are you ready?" Gaia asked quietly.

With a tear in my eye I nodded and took her hand and walked forward. My last action on the planet was a single tear drop to hit the ground, than all trace of the turn goddesses disappeared.

Comments ( 4 )

first haha the harem is mine once again

Love this fic

Why can't I give more thumbs, this needs more thumbs. I loved this and the main part is over now. Welp, time to start back at chapter 1

Login or register to comment