• Published 7th Aug 2013
  • 3,662 Views, 30 Comments

Maybe, just maybe...... - TheBronyaroundthecorner



Spike decides that it is time to tell Rarity about his feelings for her. But how will she react?

  • ...
4
 30
 3,662

Chapter 3 (Finale)

Maybe, just maybe..... (finale)
By TheBronyaroundthecorner

Thank you all who were willing to give up their time to read my fanfic! You don’t know how much it means to me that people take interest in my story. Anyway, onto the finale!!!!




“Rarity, can I talk to you for a second? It’s important”.
Spike was standing outside the front of the Boutique, he was going to tell Rarity about his feelings for her, but for some reason he felt more confident about telling her than before.

“Sure Spike, I'll be out in a second” replied the gentle, caring voice.
“I’m doing it, I’m actually doing it!”. Spike was getting really excited, he has been waiting for this moment ever since he came to Ponyville.

Just then, an exquisite white mare opened the door revealing the Fire Ruby around her neck. As Rarity walked out the door she flicked her tail, brushing it against Spikes face.

“Uhhh...ummmm....hi...Rarity, how have you been?”
If Spike wasn’t nervous before, he was now.

Rarity fluttered her eyelashes at Spike, making him turn bright red all over his body.
“I’ve been splendid thank you. You needed to talk to me about something important?”
“Yes, umm...oh right, Rarity...............” Spike finally had the courage to tell her. “I have been willing to ask you for sometime now and I haven’t had the stomach to tell you until today so.......”

Rarity began to blush slightly, Spike was wondering if she already knew what he was going say.

“Will you be my marefriend?” Spike held out a present wrapped in purple with a white ribbon on top.

“Spike.....”.
“I know it’s unexpected but I really had to do this”. Spike said with a small grin.

Without any warning, Rarity leaned forward towards Spike, which he realised what was about to happen and he leaned forward also. Their lips were about to meet when out of nowhere, he heard a familiar voice.

“Spike, wake up”

“Huh?”

“Wake up Spike!”.

It took a couple of seconds to figure out that he was dreaming and let out a groan.

“Come on Spike you need to get up, there is a fair bit of chores that need completing and there is no time to waste!”. Twilight’s voice was beginning to sound annoyed.

“Alright Twilight, don’t get your horn in a knot”.
Twilight replied with a huff and walked downstairs towards the kitchen, leaving Spike to start his daily routine. He walked downstairs, had breakfast, then began his chores. Spike spent the whole day yesterday sleeping and knew that he had a lot of things to complete.

Twilight left him a list of chores that needed to be done, the first thing on the list was dusting the bookshelves. Spike eventually started dusting and finished around an hour later.

“Spike, I’m off to Sugarcube Corner, want anything?” Twilight asked cheerfully.

“No thanks Twilight, I’m fine.” Spike replied as he was finishing off the dusting.

Twilight then left the library and trotted down the path towards Sugarcube Corner. Spike examined the list, “Next on the list is cleaning the dishes.” he said to himself.

Near Sugarcube Corner......

Twilight was nearing the door of the shop when she noticed a familiar white mare walking in circles, murmuring to herself. Twilight moved over to her,
“What’s the matter Rarity? you don’t look too well.”

Rarity glanced up to see the purple unicorn facing her, greeting her with a smile.
“I’m fine dear, don’t worry, I’m just thinking about a new design to make.” She lied, Rarity was thinking, but not about dresses, she was in fact worrying about Spike and how to handle her feelings towards the purple dragon.

“Ok then, good luck with that.” Twilight managed a half smile.

“Thanks.” Rarity attempted to return the smile, but only managed a small grin. Twilight then turned around and walked into SCC. Rarity just stood there and for what seemed like an eternity, she finally had the strength to move and started to make her way back to the Boutique, still thinking about Spike.
Oh my little Spikey Wikey….I don’t know what to do about you…..

I think…I…..love….you.

I DO…..

I LOVE YOU SPIKE……

...and I want to be with you.

<><><><><><><><><><><><><><><><><><><><><><><><><><><><><><><><><><>


After a whole day of cleaning, Spike decided to take a break and rummage through some old junk in the basement when he came across some familiar photos from years ago, around when he turned into a big monster. Spike noticed one picture in particular, it was him and Rarity on the bridge after the terrible event.

“Rarity…..”.
Spike continued to look at the picture, holding back the tears forming in his emerald eyes. Spike noticed a shadow behind him, he sat up and turned around to see a shape he couldn’t make out, a horn was noticeable on top of the figure.

“Twilight, I really miss her…...I miss Rarity so much, I try to tell her how I feel but I just can’t. Do you know how that feels?”.

“.......”

“Twilight…?”

“Spike, I know how you feel”. Spike knew that voice, he got up and moved back slowly.

“Rarity, wha….what are you doing here?”. Spike stuttered as Rarity slowly trotted over to him, never breaking eye contact.
“Spike, how long have you had feelings for me?”

“Ever since my birthday ages ago”. Spike blushed fiercely.

“......”

“I need to confess to you my dear Spike, I’ve had ‘feelings’ for you for a while now, I didn’t look into it until yesterday and I realised I want to be with you Spike, with you…”

Spike was gobsmacked, he felt like someone just ripped off his mouth, he was that speechless.
Rarity closed the gap between them that her nuzzle was right above Spikes nose, nearly touching. Spike felt like fainting, but was trying his best not to. The white mare moved lower to be eye level with the dragon.

“Rarity, I……”.
Spike was silenced by a big, long, passionate kiss. He stood frozen, overcome by the excitement and shock whizzing through his body, eventually letting himself be taken by the blissful moment.

Rarity retracted from Spike and smiled, Spike returned the smile.

“I love you Rarity, I always have and always will, never again and never will, love another like I do love you”.

“I know Spike, I will never leave you or replace you for anypony else”.

“I promise……..”.

Author's Note:

Thanks everybody for all the positive feedback. I plan to do a HiE/Pony on Earth story next so wish me luck! :D

Comments ( 15 )

Aww.... :twilightblush::heart::pinkiehappy::yay: Rarity finally admitted that she loves Spike! :yay: Awesome way to end this story! :rainbowkiss:

“Spike, wake up”

DAH! Dreamblocked.

“I need to confess to you my dear Spike, I’ve had ‘feelings’ for you for a while now, I didn’t look into it until yesterday and I realised I want to be with you Spike, with you…”

I was kinda expecting him to smack himself to confirm that it wasn't a dream as well as break a bit of the tension.

Also from Chapter 2:

As they were walking back, Twilight began to speak.
“Spike, you can take the day off tomorrow, you’ve been through alot today.”
“Thanks Twi, that sounds good to me, are you sure?”
Twilight looked at him with a soft smile. “Yes I’m sure.”

And now:

It took a couple of seconds to figure out that he was dreaming and let out a groan.
“Come on Spike you need to get up, there is a fair bit of chores that need completing and there is no time to waste!”. Twilight’s voice was beginning to sound annoyed.

:applejackconfused: Either he slept through an entire day or Twi is being a dick.

3087515 a bit of both:rainbowderp:

and I just noticed that. I was so caught up in the story that i forgot.

3087471 Thanks alot it means everything that people appreciate what I do. :pinkiehappy:

Great ending
Great read
Great story
I :heart: it :twilightsmile:

Nice twist at the end, Twi/rty horn Raraty's always been kissin him from "Secret of my Excess"

4627585 Thanks, I really appreciate all the positive feedback!
:pinkiehappy::heart:

I like the finished short works, Hangin for an unfinished piece is such a pain in the ass.

Another story, Curse of the warepony, is nice , It would be good to see it finished, and at over 200,000 words it's a long read, (Heck of (a batch) of storys )

This was my first attempt at a SpikeXRarity story and I am sorry to say thank I couldn't enjoy it. When ever I think of Spike with Rarity I only get one image in my head.
img3.wikia.nocookie.net/__cb20110313213324/borderlands/images/d/d5/Pedobear.png

Needs work on your grammar, dialogue, and pacing. Seemed very rushed and not fleshed out enough. Aside from that I liked it, a lovely first story and given it was posted over two and a half years ago, I can only assume you've gotten better.

Login or register to comment