• Published 19th Aug 2013
  • 8,577 Views, 189 Comments

Vegeta's Stay in Ponyville - GoodKnight



After beating Janemba, Vegeta thought he was going to suffer in hell again. Needless to say, he was wrong.

  • ...
15
 189
 8,577

Vegeta Takes a Stroll Part 2

Vegeta entered the colorful town of Ponyville after growing tired of the vast expanses of farmland. The town, however, wasn't a very big improvement, but it was an improvement nonetheless. Without knowing exactly where he was going, the saiyan wandered into the market. Here, many ponies went to and frow from stall to stall exchanging currency for produce and other goods. He surrendered himself to the sounds around him and strode down the middle... or at least, he appeared to be.

It did not take much for him to tell the difference in mood as soon as he stepped into the market. It started out small, but eventually grew to change the atmosphere completely. One pony saw him coming and immediately looked away from the intimidating creature. That reaction spread to the next pony and the next and any who saw his figure striding down the center. Soon though, it evolved into a quiet murmur. Even disgruntled customers negotiating a seller from a high price down to something more reasonable did not go unaffected. They went from yelling matches to intense, whispering debates. Vegeta noted how the ponies who were once in his path now diverted from it. The change he found most incredible was when he had entered the final stretch of the market. He first noticed how the whispers now dropped to a silence, and that any activity that he had passed had now halted to a stop. He could feel something too. It was a mixture. The first was one a predator felt before the final pounce; the feeling a soldier felt before charging headfist into battle armed with his tool and bloodchilling warcry; The feeling of being completely on the edge and looking down to see the ground so far away before taking that next step. He knew exactly how this feeling was manifested. The adrenaline within the ponies building up, sending their hearts into a frentic beating in preparation for the inevitable fight of flight moment. Vegeta could smell it. He could smell the cumulative adrenaline of all the ponies he was now leaving behind in his wake. He could feel that instinct pounding and naggiung at him as if to say, "Do it. Destroy them all. Feel their blood coated entrails squish against your might, splattering all their life's hopes and dreams into a uniform red."

This feeling, accompanied by yet another combined feeling that anyone could guess at, made his primal desire all but consume him.

"... What are you staring at?" he growled in a low monotone voice. With this statement, after reaching the end, the ponies released were from all their fear. All was washed away except that jittery, near death experience, nervous demeanor while Vegeta carried on with his constituitional.

After a while, he came a place near the town square. It was a place that truly made him want to vomit, but he could not. In fact, his stomach growled on sight. He didn't expect to be this hungry. However, upon remembering the "demonstration" at Sweet Apple Acres, he should've expected this much. Vegeta still did not like this place though.

He could put up with a lot of things in this world, a lot indeed, but he could not put up with that color. Almost everything except the walls, roof, and supports were various shades of pink. It did not help his hunger that the place looked like an advertisement in a holiday cooking magazine. Even the air was working against his empty stomach as the smells around him were filled with scent of baking bread and sugary condiments. It may have been out of morbid curiosity, or perhaps destiny, but hed found himself opening the door and entering into the establishment known as Sugar Cube Corner.

"Hiya Vegeta!" a high pitched voice greeted cheeriliy from behind the counter.

"Oh joy," he thought to himself sarcastically. "She's here too..." Looking around, he saw that no one else appeared to be in the bakery, but there were booths, indicating that there were those who wanted to sit and eat. With no where else to go without risking his pride, he walked up to the counter.

"Pinkie?" another voice called from the kitchens. "What did you say?" asked a blue mare with a soft serve beehive hairstyle walking up to the counter. "Did you ne-" She stood with a look of shock and horror upon spotting the saiyan.

"Oh no, Mrs. Cake,"Pinkie replied in a bubbly tone to her unfinished question. "I was saying hi to my friend, Vegeta here." She gestured to the saiyan, who watched on with a bemused gaze. "You know, the new friend I made the other day?"

"Wh-what's h-he doing here?" the frightened pony asked without taking her gaze off him.

"Oh, um..." Pinkie began, suddenly blocking her sight of him. She glanced at the clock on the wall, and smiled. "I think he's here for lunch. Do you think I could join him and take my lunch break early?"

"Uh..." Mrs. Cake said while shaking herself of the motionless fear. She too looked at the clock, noticing that it was nowhere near lunch. Her eyes glanced back to Pinkie who still awaited an answer. After weighing the options in her head, she conceded with a nod, before walking back into the kitchens.

"Yay!" the pink exuberent mare cheered while rounding onto Vegeta. "You go pick out some seats, and I'll grab the sweets! Hey, I rhymed! Ahahaha!" She laughed while making Vegeta cringe. The saiyan decidded to go and pick out one anyway. A free meal is a free meal.

He decided to pick a booth furthest from the door and slumped down. A little while after, Pinkie appeared, bouncing with a tray stacked with all sorts of confectionaries. Vegeta took note of the control she had with such a stack, and felt a little bit of him die inside as he found a little more respect for the pink mare. She took a seat across from him after setting the tray on the table between them. Although, Vegeta found difficulty seperating the sweets from the sickly sweet mare.

"You don't have to worry about price!" she stated happily. "It's all on the house, so dig in!"

Vegeta surveyed the platter with a critical eye as Pinkie began eating. As far as he could tell, none of the food laying before him had any nutritional content whatsoever. Hesitantly, he reached for a chocolate cupcake frosted with yellow frosting, but it was quickly snatched up by a pink hoof. He looked up with ashocked and apalled gaze that met the pink mare's.

"Oops!" She apologized with the food in her mouth. She swallow quickly and pushed another cupcake, strawberry flavored and pink frosted, over to Vegeta. "Sorry, you can have mine!"

Vegeta looked down at the pink thing. His stomach growled, but he could not tell whether it was from disgust or hunger. He picked it up, studied it, and decided that there would be one good thing coming out of this. He could destroy this pink thing without any reprecussions.


Twilight checked the data, and tghen rechecked the data. Her eyes were wide and bloodshot as she poured over the stacks upon stacks of paper she accumulated on her balcony. It had to be a miscalculation, some sort of error somewhere. There was no error.

She sprang off her desk that she moved from her bedroom and over towards the Telescope just as the door to her room creaked open. She calmed herself first, before looking into the eyepiece. What she saw were two spherical bodies spinning round and round one another. "They were smaller last time... she thought anxiously to herself. She was so engrossed with her work that she didn't notice the pitter patter of reptilian footsteps behind her. "If my trajectories are correct then-"

"Hey Twilight," Spike greeted abruptly from behind causing the purple mare to leap into the air. "Sorry..."

"Spike!" she exclaimed in a slightly relieved tone. "Thank Celestia! Okay, First I need to grab me another cup of coffee- No wait! First I need you to make sure the calculator and computer are running downstairs and bring them up- Or better yet, Go downstairs and-"

"Twilight," Spike interupted in a calming tone. "I know you're engrossed with... whatever it is you're doing, but... You need to sleep."

"Sleep?" Twilight echoed. "No, I need to make sure that-"

"Twilight," Spike interupted. "Princess Luna sent a scroll demanding you to go to sleep and dream."

"B-but!"

"Nuh-uh," Spike said with a shake of his head. He grabbed Twilight by the hoof and gently lead her off the balcony. Under his breath he muttered, just as Twilight began to make excuses, "Ponies..."

As the door shut to the balcony, a calm breeze scattered the papers on Twilight's desk, sending them onto the floor. Atop them all was a pair of coordinates circled and words scratched onto it hastily.

At noon, in front of Town Hall.


Applejack wandered into Ponyville with slightly sluggish pace. It was only a few minutes before that she and her brother managed to collect all those apples. As much as she wanted to berate the saiyan, she could not help but be very impressed and thankful. What Vegeta did was take an entire day of applebucking for AJ and turn it into a few seconds. Despite getting the easy work, she was worn out. Apples that fell from the tree to the ground could only be good for so long before critters of all sorts could get at them. She and Big Mac had to go double time to get those apples loaded and stored.

She could complain to Vegeta about all the work she was left with, but she felt too exhausted to even think about it. She wandered through the market place and decided to grab a pickmeup at sugar cube corner. They had to have a coffee cake or two around there somewhere...

The orange mare was caught off guard however, by Mrs. Cake curled into the fetal position just outside the establishment. She knew something was wrong and quickly ran over to her side She looked on in shock at the mare before her. the soft serve mane she always had was now looking like a hornets nest as hair poked out from it. Her pupils were shrunk down to the size of pinpricks, and she murmured to herself in panicked breaths.

"Mrs. Cake?" Applejack began softly. "I-is there something wrong?"

"Gone!" She answered in a sharp, shrill outburst. "It's all gone!"

"What's gone?"

"I-I always told myself..." The blue mare began a shutter breath. "I always thought that there was no way, there can't be- but now there's two!!! Two holes that suck everything up! There's no hope! NO hope! I'm ruined!!!"

Applejack saw that there was nothing she could derive from the mare other than the fact that something really frightened her. One thing was for certain: something was up at the bakery. With a breath to steel her nerves, Applejack entered the bakery.

Inside, there appeared to be nothing out of the ordinary. No overturned tables or anything coating the walls. She took a few cautious steps inside before feeling a real sense of dread over come her.

"WOW!!" a familiar, cheerful voice shrieked from the dining area. Applejack jumped at the noise but knew it was Pinkie Pie. Knowing no other leads to go on, the cowpony walked down the aisle of the dining area. At first, she thought she saw aliensaucers stacked on one another, until she realized they were just dishes. They were, oddly, stacked up to the roof. From the booth where they were all at, Pinkie Pie's head poked out.

"AJ!!! Come here!!" Pinkie invited with a wave. "You need to see this!"

AJ did so and felt a little calmer. "Pinkie what in the hay is going on?" She asked. She opened her mouth to say more, but clammed up when spotting Vegeta who was taking a long swig of some purple drink.

"Okay, AJ!" Pinkie said, completely disregarding AJ's question. "Tell me what you see." She gestured to Vegeta who set his cup on the table. There was a rather bored expression on his face.

"Uhm..." AJ said with hesitation. "Vegeta."

"Yes," she said exstatically. "What else?"

"... Plates? Look, Pinkie, just what-"

"Exactly!!!" She beamed. "These are plates that used to have cupcakes, cakes, brownies, danishes, stroodles, eclairs, mousses, ice cream, sherbet, smoothies, fritters, fudges, bagels, cookies, donuts, and all sorts of other sweets! And guess what happened to them?!!!" Pinkie didn't wait for a response, and simply pointed a hoof at Vegeta.

Appljack stared in confusion., and sighed, "Pinkie..."

"I know right? I couldn't believe it either, and sat here and watched him! I know I can eat at least three MMM's and still have room for more, but he can eat the entirety of SugarCube Corner and still want seconds after that!!!!"

Applejack let it all sink in for a minute. "... seriously?" she gaped with a raised eyebrow. She looked at all the plates and silverware stacked high, and looked at Vegeta with a coy grin. "Shoot! If I'd known y'all were that hungry, I'd given ya the leftovers from the last Apple Family Reunion." She laughed along with Pinkie as Vegeta sat patiently.

"But in all respects," Applejack bean. "I think this guy just ran the cakes out of buisness."

"Don't worry AJ," Pinkie reassured. "I can cover for him! It was my lunch after all!"

"Pinkie, I don't think-"

"I have at least 3, 296, 542 bits saved from my party planning fund!" Pinkie chimed. "I wanted to use the money to by 369 gallons of jello mix so that I could fill the Canterlot water gardens, but I can get that money back easily."

Applejack opened her mouth to say something but shook her head, scratching it up to Pinkie being Pinkie.

During the conversation that followed, Vegeta, became distracted. He looked over the booth to look around the bakery for a moment. "Strange," he thought to himself. "I could've sworn..." Suddenly, the clock in the bakery chimed twelve times.

"... Well, I still think that we should calm Mrs. Cake-"

BOOM!!!

Author's Note:

Up next... More Vegeta!

Took me awhile, but I did it! Just a heads up to all readers! I'm thinking of going back and updating everything, but hopefully no real changes to the plot.