• Published 19th Aug 2013
  • 8,582 Views, 189 Comments

Vegeta's Stay in Ponyville - GoodKnight



After beating Janemba, Vegeta thought he was going to suffer in hell again. Needless to say, he was wrong.

  • ...
15
 189
 8,582

Equestria's Worst First Impression Part 1

"Where am I?" a voice echoed into blackness. "Who am I? Where am I? Who am I?" the voice repeated. "I'm... I'm a..." After a long, grueling process, the voice remembered something that seemed important. "I'm... My name... Vegeta." Vegeta took brief pause before concentrating more. "My name is Vegeta, and I am... a saiyan. A saiyan warrior. Yes! I am a warrior!" The memories began flooding back. He remembered his planet, the sayians, Frieza, Kakarot, the dragon balls... but then in the darkness, he heard a voice that interrupted his train of thought. It was soft and delicate. It was also muffled, as if he were listening to it through a wall. Curiousity had peaked the lucid sayian. He strained and soon the world of the waking came back.

He was lying down, but that didn't stop the extreme sense of vertigo. His stomach retaliated by doing flips. He also felt... comfort. Wherever he was, it was warm too, and felt something on his chest. The voice he heard too, much more clearly this time. It sounded like it was humming an unfamiliar tune. Forcing back his lunch back down, he squinted his eyes open.

The color blurred for a moment as his vision slid into view. Vegeta saw amorphous grey blobs become more distinct shapes. He was lying in a bed with sheets and quilts. his vision trailed to the wooden endposts of the bed. He tried looking at the far wall, but was still in grey blob form. His eyes traced to the sound of the humming, and he saw... a yellow... thing. His recent memories came back, and hit him like a truck. The saiyan elite's mind were brimming with questions, all pushing to escape his lips. It had pink -It just had to be that one color- hair. Yellow and pink. That was enough to make the saiyan groan, which apparently got the yellow thing's attention.


Fluttershy dipped the folded cloth into the basin of water in her room-turned-nursing ward. The water was cool to the touch. She was determined to help this creature, whatever it may be... She was so focused that she hardly noticed the tune she was humming. She looked at it lying in her bed. It's chest was rising and setting in a repetative rhythym. "That's a good sign," she thought. "I have to remember to thank Harry again." The pegasus reflected on how the creature was carried into her home. She had convinced Harry that it was safe, and even promised an extra fish the next time it was feeding time. She wrung the water out of the cloth and folded it into a small rectangle.

That was when a loud groan sounded through the room. Her head turned to the bed and the creature was looking at her through squinted eyes. They were a dark, near black color.

"Please, um," Fluttershy took a few steps toward the creature. "Don't get up. You were hurt badly," she said taking another few steps. It's eyes just followed her. . .

"What in the name of creation is this thing?! Why can it talk?! Why can I understand it? Why does it have such bulbous eyes? Why does it have a butterfly tattoo? Why does it have wings?! What does it mean? Is it a female?" Vegeta reflected a moment on this last question. "It's probably a female from the lack of any grit in the voice inflection, but still: What does it mean by 'hurt badly'? How the hell can it manage to walk on three legs?! How does it hold that rag without dropping it!? Does it have a phone?! How does it dial one, if it really does have a phone?"

"You're safe though," Flutteshy added quickly. "You're in my cottage and, um..." she placed the cool wet cloth on its forehead. The face it bore was stone-cold, barring any sense of emotion. She began doubting if this thing could even understand a word she was saying. "... I brought you in here to nurse you back to health," She concluded turning to leave. "Please, get some rest- if you want to, I mean..."

"Safe? Cottage?!" Vegeta's eyes glanced quickly to the door of the room. It had a doorknob. "H-how does she..." His eyes shut. He knew one way to solve this. He felt signifcantly better after he decided to take a nap (an easier pill to swallow than saying, "Fell unconscious"). He opened his eyes once more.

"Wh... what..." Vegeta's throat was dry. After swallowing some saliva, he asked, "What are you?"

Fluttershy stopped at the foot of the bed. She looked back at the creature with astonishment. It could talk. This creature, monkey or monster, could speak. Their eyes locked and a long minute passed before she responded.

"I'm a pegasus," she stated, her mind going crazy to figure out what this was exactly.

"Pega-what?" Vegeta retorted, his mind just as confused.

"Oh dear. This is worse than I thought." "Um... you know," she started eyes gazing away for a second. She leaned on the endpost. "A pony with... wings," she simplified giving a small flap of her wings. Her mind suddenly brought something to her attention. She then said before Vegeta could form another question, "Oh, You're probably wondering what my name is." Vegeta waited for an answer.

"My name is Fluttershy..." She looked away from the saiyan, no longer able to return his hard gaze.

"What?" Vegeta's eyebrows creased.

"My name is Fluttershy," she mumbled again.

"What?!" Vegeta said in his normal tone. He sat up in the bed trying to figure out what she was saying.

"MynameisFluttershy!" she squeaked out in a single sentence.

Vegeta opened his mouth to say something else when reality struck him in the back of the head. His eyes opened in shock as he had a revelation. In his mind, a single statement formed.

Vegeta, the prince of all saiyans, the elite warrior, was taken into the home of a yellow and pink, pastel colored, midget horse with wings, disgustingly huge eyes, and butterflies on it's ass, who can't so much as look him in the eye to tell her name -Fluttershy, no less!-, and was the one to feel pity for him as he was, quote/un-quote, "hurt badly."

Vegeta's mind went blank. Slowly, he broke away from the daze and his eyebrows relaxed to their normal scowl position. "Maybe I am in hell..." he thought. Wherever he was, he didn't want to be here. He was going to fly out of here, forget everything he saw and never look back. The saiyan got out of the bed, and walked to the window.

"W-wait!" Fluttershy protested. It was a bit too late. The prince opened the window and jumped out.

Vegeta landed with a thud. The animals that were around scattered. He didn't care. His mind toiled away trying to figure out another way of getting out of here. It shocked him for a second realizing that he couldn't fly, but he wasn't entirely fazed. He was more concentrated on leaving than his lack of power at the moment. At last, he turned to look at a dense forest-line. It was familiar. He had come from those woods to this cottage in hopes of finding a way home, but now it served as a one-way ticket to get-the-hell-out-of-dodge.

Fluttershy sighed in relief seeing that the monkey-creature wasn't hurt. Taking flight, she followed the sayian. "You can't leave! You aren't fully recovered," she called after him. Vegeta kept walking. "Please, you need more rest!"

The saiyan stopped, and sighed. As much as he hated to admit it, the weak thing was right. He wasn't back to full. He could feel his strength returning and he was at least able to walk normally. And that was from only a "short nap." If he were to rest properly, he could regain his strenthg to fly and get out of here. That was another thing Vegeta realized. He had no clue where he was. Where was he to go?

Would he admit this to anyone? Nope. His pride had already taken a suckerpunch today, and that was enough. In his head, he made another plan. Rest only until ability to fly returns, then leave. He would not stoop so low as to accept this thing's help so easily though.

"...Fine," he grumbled. Fluttershy simled, making a 'squee' noise. Vegeta flinched. The noise was wretched.

"Okay, now lets just get you back-" Fluttershy stopped as she watched Vegeta walk away. Vegeta saw a rock that looked like a comfortable place to lean against and brood. "Um..." Fluttershy just watched as the saiyan slumped down.

Vegeta shut his eyes leaning his back against the rock. He felt something squirm underneath him. Standing up he looked down and saw nothing. His shadow was against the rock surface and the ground beneath him. Then, he saw it. Vegeta reached behind him and grabbed his tail. He didn't remember growing it back, but it didn't bother him much. Following the tail back around to the base of his back, he took a strong grip and yanked.

Fluttershy panicked. The creature who she had spent a full night treating just mutilated itself in front of her. She stared in horror as the dismembered tail writhed in the saiyans hands.

"N-n-now, don't panic! I-I c-can get you to the hospital and they'll-" Fluttershy's meltdown was interrupted as the saiyan tossed it over his shoulder. She watched as it landed in the dusty ground behind him.

Vegeta was very amused. He slumped back against the rock again with a slight grin. He was stifiling back a chuckle. Back on earth, he sometimes would find himself with a tail in public. People would only gawk for a moment as he grabbed it and tore it off. He would then toss it over his shoulder and watched as the puny earthlings cowered in fear as it writhed on the ground. It soon became a personal pass time. He had a front row seat to this... pony's reaction to it.

Fluttershy drifted over to the tail with her forlegs covering her mouth. She was bewildered, nauseated, and a bit morbidly curious. The brown tail just lay still on the ground. She landed softly and in foolish courage, her hoof drifted toward the tail and touched it.

The tail squirmed at her touch causing the timid pegasus to jump a little and fall over. Vegeta couldn't hold it back any longer. He threw his head back and laughed. That had to be one of the best reactions he had gotten from anyone. Fluttershy just laid there frozen in shock.

Suddenly Vegeta felt something patting his leg. He looked down and immediately had mixed emotions about what he was seeing. He saw what appeared to be a small white rabbit furiously beating on his leg. On one hand, he felt respect for this creature. This thing had enough dumb courage to take him on. If it were a sayian, then he'd be a little proud of it. However, it was cute and had a death wish. Vegeta swatted away the rabbit sending it rolling towards the cottage.

Angel recovered from his sudden trip. He was a little more than peeved that this monster had scared Fluttershy. His first attack didn't seem to have any effect. He wasn't unprepared though. He had a plan B. Angel then found himself thankful that he accompanied the pegasus to a seminar for dealing with creeps. "If your warning doesn't send them running, then use your mace to cripple him." The words the presenter used echoed in his head. Angel grinned with newfound resolve and disappeared into a bush.

Vegeta was a little annoyed that the rabbit attacked him, but it was soon forgotten as Vegeta settled himself into a comfortable position. Fluttershy was recovering from her little spaz-attack and pulled herself together. The silent air was cut as a sudden war cry was heard. Vegeta's eyes snapped open. He looked to the right of him and saw the white rabbit from before holding a mace over it's head preparing for a downward strike.

"ANGEL BUNNY!" an angry voice shouted over the war-cry. The attention of both were turned to a glaring pegasus. "That is NOT how we treat our guests." The rabbit fell from his flight as the mace fell from his grasp. Angel flailed his arms around in desperate explanation. Fluttershy floated to him. His ears fell as she towered above him. She shook her head in disappointment. "You know better than that." Angel crossed his arms and looked away. "Now you are going to apologize, and then we are going to have a serious talk," Fluttershy said in a firm voice. Angel's ears perked up and he sighed. He held out an apologetic paw.

"Oh no, mister," she started. "Not to me." Angel reflected until he realized what she meant. His eyes turned to a brief moment of anger. He hopped to Vegeta. He held out his paw to him. Vegeta huffed and turned away from him in apathy. He could've cared less about it.

Angel glared, but before he could do anything, Fluttershy nudged with her hoof. Reluctantly, he moved away silently swearing revenge. Vegeta listened to the sound of hooves against the ground fade away as his mind drifted into a dreamless sleep.


Fluttershy was just finishing up with her in-house chores when she heard a knock on her front door. She hovered over to the door and in a timid voice asked, "Wh-who is it?"

"It's me, Fluttershy," a familiar voice answered. She opened the door to see a sky-blue, rainbow maned pegasus standing on her doorstep.

"Hi Rainbow Dash," she greeted. "What are doing here?"

"I'm here with the raincloud you wanted," Dash explained. She shot upward and returned with a somewhat grey cloud.

Fluttershy's mouth made an 'o' shape as she remembered what today was. She had asked that Rainbow bring a rain cloud today to clean the animals. "Oh, that's right! I'd forgotten completely. Let me just ga-"

"That's alright, Shy," she unknowingly interrupted. "I'll just get ready while you gather them up around back." With that, she took ahold of the cloud and flew off.

"Rainbow Dash! Wait!" Fluttershy houted folloing Rainbow Dash.

Rainbow Dash was high in the sky when she saw it. Her eyes widened as she and the cloud descended. Fluttershy came bolting but stopped once she saw Rainbow's transfixed gaze. "oh no... She's going to panic and run away... Or maybe even worse," The yellow equine thought. She bit down on her hooves. She waited for the explosion. Rainbow came into contact with the ground and Fluttershy saw several emotions fighting to take control of Dash's face. Dash stood there, rooted in place. "Great! Now I broke her..." Fluttershy scolded herself for not being fast enough. It always came back to that. She wasn't fast enough to save that small sea-turtle, or that little sparrow. Memories of animals that she cared for long-since gone flashed-

Something snapped her out of her self-loathment. Rainbow Dash made a noise. Her cheeks were puffed out, and had a smile plastered across them. Dash placed a hoof over her mouth. Her eyes were squinting, and she was sputtering. If Fluttershy didn't know any better, she would've thought that Rainbow-

"BWA-HAH-HAH-HA!"

-was laughing.
Fluttershy stood confused. Maybe she had broken her friend more badly than she thought. The blue pegasus was on her back, all four hooves kicking and flailing about with tears of utter joy streaming from her face. Vegeta was awoken by the raucous laughter, but instead of complaining to the upper management about his predicament, he sat still and listened.

When Rainbow Dash had composed herself well enough to form complete sentences, she asked, "J-ju... Just what the hay is that?" She gestured a hoof she had control over towards the saiyan at the rock.

"Oh, um... I don't-" Fluttershy's face fell on deaf ears as Rainbow continued.

"It looks like a shaved, pink, monkey wearing one of Rarity's hats!" Dash commented getting back to her hooves.

"Strike one..." Vegeta thought to himself.

Fluttershy was taken back from her friend's comment. Her face contorted into a firm expression as she said, "Rainbow Da-"

"And what is it wearing? Is the circus in town?" Rainbow Dash interrupted once more.

"...strike two..."

Fluttershy stood up this time trying to put on an angry face, but it came out as a worried expression. Rainbow Dash did not have any right to make fun of any of her animals. At the same time, she began picking up subtle hints from her newest animal. She could see small, individual hairs beginning to stand on end, a claw was gripping around its arm...

In all her years of animal experience, she knew an almost universal body language. It was subtle things that her animals did. All the little quirks and nervous twitches held some form of meaning to her. It helped a lot in her line of work. The creature leaning against the rock was not happy...

"Rainbow Dash, I think you should stop," Fluttershy said with a twinge of fear. The last statement had gotten through to her.

"What? Why? It's not like he's dangerous," Rainbow said. She knew a way to prove her point. She took a few steps toward the beast stopping halfway between it an Fluttershy. She stooped down and picked up a rock.

"No, no, no, no, no, no," Fluttershy stammered.

"Just watch," Rainbow dash said ignoring her friend. Taking close aim, she threw the rock at Vegeta.

Vegeta heard a small whistling noise. He let his saiyan instincts and training take control. His hand reached up and grabbed the rock out of the air. His eyes opened into a scowl and he turned his head. When his eyes met the rainbow maned pegasus, he crushed the rock into dust.
"Strike three... and your gone."

"Oh no! Looks like I made it angry!" Rainbow Dash howled with laughter.

Fluttershy stood horrified. Her pupils shrank. She knew that look the creature was giving her friend. She had only seen it one other time, but the image was firmly implanted in her mind. It was that same gaze that Nightmare Moon had all those years ago. This gaze, however, was also very different. These eyes, like the ones of the Nightmare Moon, dared her to look away, but no matter what she did or how much she wanted to, Fluttershy could not tear her eyes away. It was a sort of mind trick that she would expect Twilight to have a book on. Unlike the the mare in the moon, she didn't feel herself wanting to run away. Of course she did want to run away and hide, but the yellow pegasus questioned whether it would do any good. It was as if those eyes knew where to find her. She knew two things at this point; #1. This creature was very, very dangerous; #2. Rainbow Dash was in a serious amount of trouble. She wanted to call out to her friend, telling her to run or hide or just get out of there. She, however, found herself too frightened to move, let alone speak.

Vegeta on the other hand, found himself faced with a dilemma. This pony creature had pissed the saiyan off in a number of ways. One of them was insulting him. He would not tolerate an insult from anyone or anything. Another thing was that this thing was far too weak. He was hoping that he would at least get a good fight out of this if anything. One of the biggest ways, however, was that he could not tell if it was a male or female. He could tell that the yellow one was a female because of her voice, but this one had conflicting signals. Its hair was messy and voice gritty which made him think it was a male. The eyelashes and color scheme, however, spoke differently. Long eyelashes were a dead giveaway that it was in fact female (something that his wife could attest to). Now, the saiyan did have a favorite color. This favorite color was in fact blue. In his youth, the planet Vegeta always had such rich, deep blue oceans and his current home, Earth, had them as well. This, however did nothing to cover the fact that the hair color of this "Pony" happened to be something that he hated. Rainbows. He had no idea what the purpose of these stupid things were and could find no purpose to which he would find useful. This thing was mostly blue, but also had rainbow colored hair. In the end though, his hatred won out and he could care less whether it was a she or he. The other part of his dilemma was his power. Sure, he had his strength back. Vegeta was grateful that he could grind this insulant brat into pulp, but he still felt slightly weak. He wasn't sure why, which only made him angrier. His ki wouldn't charge for some reason. It was as if he were still a young saiyan learning to fight for the first time. What ki he still had was barely enough for a simple ki blast. The question of whether or not he could fly came into his mind, but he shrugged it off. Now was the time to teach this thing a lesson.

Vegeta shot off from his spot like a jet towards Rainbow Dash. His fist raised, he swung. To his displeasure, he swung at the air. He started detecting the ki of the rainbow colored one. He found it quickly. It was above him. Turning, he glared at it.

Fluttershy blinked. She could've sworn that the creature was at the rock a moment ago, and that Rainbow was laughing. She saw her friend in the air above and could have easily explained what happened there. She found it hard to explain about the creature. "Did it really just move that quickly?" Dumbfounded, she just stared.

"Not bad," Rainbow dash stated. "You're pretty fast, but not as fast as me." Rainbow scoffed, her ego swelling.

Vegeta growled. He had been insulted again. Calling on the small bit of power he still had, he tried to forcibly charge his ki. For a moment nothing happened. Then, he felt his fatigue. He was still tired, but that would not stop him. Even after his power nap, he was still too weak. That made his anger skyrocket. The air around him began swirl. He grit his teeth, glaring at the rainbow pegasus. His ki slowly began to rise. Fluttershy couldn't form a single thought. She was frightened and awestruck to what she saw. The creature-no, the area around it was changing. She saw a thin, light-blue veil appear around him as the ground started to shake.

Rainbow Dash, still in her own little world, said, "If you're lucky, you might be able to catch me."

That sent him right over the edge. He shot up leaving a streak of light behind him. Rainbow looked down and saw the creature directly at her. Her instincts kicked in and with a powerful thrust of her wings moved out of the way. She smirked. "Too slow!" She shot off into the blue sky.

Vegeta shouted, "Come back here! You little runt!" He soon followed after.

Fluttershy sat there on the ground for a brief moment before galloping off down the road.

Author's Note:

Whew! New chapter, FINALLY!
Took me awhile to write this. Also, I'd like to thank the Dragon Ball wiki (Even though wiki's are a bad source of information, no offense) for giving information on saiyan anatomy. If you have any issues, please let me know. I think my research was pretty thorough, but there is always room for error. The wiki said, "All Saiyans have the ability for their tail to grow back, unless it is permanently removed."
The Daizenshuu description is that the tail will often suddenly grow back if the Saiyan is in danger.

As for Vegeta, will he catch Rainbow Dash? If he does, what will he do to her?