• Published 7th Aug 2013
  • 11,490 Views, 340 Comments

Ponyville's New Pet - Bubbabob



An anti-depressant, tickle blob of joy becomes Ponyville's town pet.

  • ...
8
 340
 11,490

Chapter 4 - A perfect smiley face.

The Cutie Mark Crusaders were laying on their backs, using Peanut as a cushion; it didn't mind and in fact was quite happy about it. They had danced to hard too hard and were out of breath, their little chests rising and falling. There was a rumbling noise and heads turned to Applebloom, who was laying on the left side.

"Guess all that dancin' took more outta me than I thought," she giggled.

"Yeah," Scootaloo agreed was lying on the right side, "let's go get something else to eat." Before any of them could get up, Peanut began to slither towards the snack table with them on top of it. The CMC just giggled, enjoying both the ride and being lazy. Scootaloo sniffed the air, "Does anypony else smell roses?" she asked. Her two friends started sniffing as well, trying to locate the source of the smell. Sweetie Belle flopped over to her belly and took a big whiff of Peanut.

"Oh wow, it's coming from Peanut!" she said to her friends.

"Really?" Scootaloo asked. She took a whiff of Peanut herself. "Uh, didn't he smell like like chocolate earlier?"

"Maybe Peanut can change the way it smells, and what do you mean he? How do you know Peanut isn't a she?"

Scootaloo shrugged, "I don't, I was just getting tired of calling Peanut 'it.' What do you think Applebloom?"

"Peanut isn't either," she said simply. Both of her friends had confused looks on their faces. "Well, ya see, I lived on the farm ma whole life, and with all the animals we have on it, it's kinda hard ta miss the process of makin' babies. I don't know if you two know how that works yet, but I can tell you this: Peanut doesn't have any of the parts of a colt or filly."

There was a long silence before Scootaloo spoke up, "So to put simply, Peanut is genderless?"

"Eeyup."

"Okay...Can we just say Peanut's a he, makes things easier that way."

"Eeyup."

"Ugh, you're acting too much like your brother."

"Eeyup."

"Hey! Don't I get a say in this?" Sweetie Belle asked.

"Nnope," Applebloom said with a smirk. Peanut made a gurgling sound that could have been mistaken for chuckling. Apparently he had a sense of humor.

...

At the snack table, the CMC were entertaining themselves and some of the other foals at the party by feeding Peanut different sweets and watching them dissolve inside him. The most entertaining one was when they made him 'drink' a bowl of punch, causing him to turn pink before changing back to normal. This caused all the foals to burst into an adorable fit of giggles. By now, most of the children had gone up to Peanut to see the 'monster' up close and instead getting a hug. All those who were hugged were easily won over.

"Peanut ith tho cool!" Twist said while using a couple of homemade candy canes to give Peanut a candy cane mustache. He kept it on for awhile, much to the amusement of the children and some of the adults, before eating the delicious treat.

"Yeah! I would take him with me on a pirate ship instead of a dumb parrot," Pipsqueak said. All the parrots at Fluttershy's house felt a disturbance.

"Best monster ever!" Dinky giggled while being cradled by Peanut.

"Hey, let's go see if he can play darts or horseshoes with those tentacles of his," Rumble suggested.

"YEAH!" all the foals cheered.

When they got to where the dart game had been set up, there was an intense game of darts going on between Applejack and Rainbow. How did they make a game of darts intense? Best guess would be their competitive nature. The score was currently 64 to 56, Applejack leading. They both threw the darts simultaneously, both hearing dual thunks as the darts stuck to the boards. When they looked up, Applejack had landed on an 8 and Rainbow had landed on a 16. It was a tie.

Again.

For the seventh time.

"OH COME ON!" they shouted in unison.

"Hey, Applejack?" Applebloom asked her older sister, "Can me and ma friends play for awhile?"

"Sure thing, Sugarcube. I think Rainbow and I could use a break anyhow. C'mon Rainbow, let's go get somethin' ta eat." Rainbow nodded and headed off with Applejack to get one of Pinkie's cupcakes. When they returned they saw that the foals had gotten in a line, taking turns at the darts; each one got 10 throws before the next ponies turn. When Peanut was up, they watched with interest to see how he would manage throwing the darts. At first, he did nothing but hold the darts, then he did something nopony expected, again; he absorbed the darts into his body and shot them out one at a time.

Ptoo. Ptoo. Ptoo. Ptoo. Ptoo. Ptoo. Ptoo. Ptoo. Ptoo. Ptoo.

Thunk. Thunk. Thunk. Thunk. Thunk. Thunk. Thunk. Thunk. Thunk. Thunk.

When he was done, There was a perfect smiley face on the dart board. Everypony that had gathered laughed at the sight. The foals all cheered and wrapped Peanut Butter into a big group hug. He wrapped his tentacles around them in turn and nuzzled them. Applejack and Rainbow smiled at the sight.

"Maybe this here critter isn't so bad," Applejack whispered to Rainbow.

"Yeah, it does seem pretty cool, not as cool as me, but still cool," the prismatic pegasus whispered back to her friend.

"Well I for one find that creature appalling, I mean just look at the mess it's made! Sweetie Belle is definitely taking a bath when she get's home," Rarity, who had overheard their conversation, complained. Sure enough, there was a trail of slime all around the building that showed where Peanut Butter had been. However, most ponies were actually standing in it, enjoying the feelings it was giving them. Twilight could be seen collecting some samples in a few test tubes. Rarity grimaced at the sight. Applejack and Rainbow rolled their eyes at her reaction.

"I don't see what the big deal is, I mean, the slime hasn't made anypony slip so far. In fact when I stepped in it, the ground didn't seem any slippier than usual," Rainbow said.

"Rainbow, dear, slippier isn't a word. Wait you stepped in that slime?"

"Yeah, see," Rainbow said, lifting up a hoof. Sure enough, some of the slime was on Rainbow's hoof. She brought it an inch from Rarity's face, making her scream and run off. Rainbow fell to the ground laughing and holding her sides while Applejack hid her smile with a hoof.

...

When the party came to close, Peanut Butter gave a hug to all those who said goodbye to him, making them leave with a smile on their faces. He even tickled a few here and there. The foals who had played with him and the CMC all promised to come play with him sometime. Peanut seemed to be excited by that news. More than a few ponies were still wary of him, but he didn't seem to mind much. There was, however, one problem that needed to be dealt with.

Who would Peanut go home with?

The Cutie Mark Crusaders bickered about it for a few minutes before Peanut stepped in and worked his magic. The Cutie Mark Crusaders were much more reasonable after that and decided that Peanut should decide. Normally, he would give hugs to those he disappointed. The problem was that this time, he couldn't decide who he liked more. Finally, Twilight stepped in.

"Girls, why don't I take care of Peanut Butter until tomorrow. You can come see him after school and play with him all you want then. There are a few tests that I would like to run on him before reporting his presence to the princesses. Besides, Spike hasn't gotten the chance to meet him yet," Twilight reasoned, also feeling guilty about forgetting to bring Spike who had been left at the library when she went to confront the 'monster' that had the CMC hostage.

"Well, that seems fair, don't ya think, girls?" Applebloom asked her friends.

"Fine by me," Scootaloo said with a shrug.

"I'm okay with that," Sweetie Belle said, much to Rarity's relief.

"Good, I'll see you girls tomorrow then." After saying their goodbyes- Peanut Butter receiving hugs from the CMC, Fluttershy, and Pinkie who also gave him one last cupcake- Twilight began to walk home with Peanut by her side. "When we get to the library, I'll introduce you to Spike, Owlicious, and Peewee. I'm sure you'll love them." Peanut gurgled at the prospect of meeting somepony new. He hugged Twilight and nuzzled her making her giggle.

She had never scene a creature quite like Peanut before, the way he seemed to improve everypony's mood by just hugging them, helping giving a couple of ponies the courage to dance in front of others, or having a love for sweets that rivaled Pinkie's. There were also many unanswered questions that ran through her head: Where exactly did this creature come from? Are there others like him? How does he digest food without organs? What was he made of? How intelligent is he? How does he make ponies happy simply by coming into contact with them?

She couldn't wait to get home and start testing.

Author's Note:

I posted my first blog.