• Published 7th Aug 2013
  • 11,541 Views, 340 Comments

Ponyville's New Pet - Bubbabob



An anti-depressant, tickle blob of joy becomes Ponyville's town pet.

  • ...
8
 340
 11,541

Chapter 10 - Bon Bon's Candy Shop

Author's Note:

I know this took way to long for me to post and I'm sorry for that. While I am lazy, the fact that I work 40 hour shifts doesn't help. Things are starting to slow down now that it's summer, so hopefully you'll actually see more frequent updates.

Anyway, enjoy the chapter!

Shortly after Luna left, Twilight went upstairs to grab a book she had been reading. When she came back down, she noticed that Peanut Butter was nowhere no be seen. "Hey, Spike?" she called out.

"What's up, Twi?" Spike asked, who was currently dusting a bookshelf.

"Do you know where Peanut Butter is?"

"Nope. He left shortly after you went upstairs and I haven't seen him since."

Twilight thought for a second before shrugging, "Well, he went out by himself once, so it shouldn't be a problem." Outside of the library, a random pony suddenly felt the urge to facehoof.

...

Peanut Butter was bored. Bored bored bored bored bored. After Luna went back to the castle, he left the library to see if anypony would play with him. Sadly, all the ponies were either too busy or still distrustful of him. A trio of flower ponies seemed particularly afraid of him. When Peanut Butter tried to approach them, they ran away giving ear-piercing shrieks like a manticore was after them. Everypony nearby just rolled their eyes, use to the trio's cowardly antics. Peanut Butter, however, seemed to visibly deflate at their reaction. While their screams didn't hurt him physically (due to a lack of ears), the fact that they were afraid of him stabbed at his metaphorical heart. He slowly slithered away hoping to find somepony that would be more recipiant to his love hugs.

Suddenly, Scootaloo!

Peanut Butter got completely blindsided by Scootaloo, who was moving too fast on her scooter again. He recovered quickly and caught the little speed demon before she landed on the ground and hurt herself. After shaking her head to stop her eyes from spinning she turned to Peanut Butter.

"Thanks for the catch, PB, I got a little carried away again," she said sheepishly. Peanut Butter waved a tentacle at her as if to say 'Eh, it's alright.' Scootaloo got the meaning and stood up, stretching her legs. She got back on her scooter and started flapping her wings so her scooter moved at the speed of a normal trot. "I was hoping to run into you actually. Well, maybe not literally. Anyway, I was hoping we could do something together. Normally I would be out with Applebloom and Sweetie Belle trying new ways to find our cutie marks, but AB is helping at the farm today and Sweetie Belle is going with Rarity to help find gems." Peanut Butter gurgled to let her know that he understood. "Enough about that, what do you want to do?" He gurgled again. "Right, can't use words." Looking around, she tried to spot something that would catch her interest. Then she saw it.

Bon Bon's Candy Shop.

Grinning, she pointed over towards the building. "Let's head over to Bon Bon's. Dash gave me some speadin' bits since she couldn't hang out with me. She has a really bad cold right now, which is weird because she fine last night." Leaving her scooter and helmet outside, Scootaloo opened the door causing the bell to ring. Peanut Butter followed behind, but suddenly stopped when he saw what was before him.

Candy! Candy everywhere! While he had a plentiful bounty from last night, it paled in comparison to the loot before him. He opened his 'mouth' and grinned like a filly being told Celestia was going to come to her slumber party. Scootaloo wasn't sure what to make of his expression. It was cute, creepy, and kind of disgusting because some slime seemed to drip out.

"Hello, how can I help you- Luna's Moon!" Bon Bon had walked in from behind the counter after hearing the bell ring. She freaked out when she saw Peanut Butter's expression.

"PB, stop make that, uh, face, you're gonna scare ponies," Scootaloo whispered. He did so. Bon Bon visably relaxed before putting on a somewhat strained smile.

"Sooo, how can I help you two?"

"Me and Peanut Butter are just looking right now."

"Peanut Butter?"

"Oh, right, me and my friends decided to name him Peanut Butter. Weren't you at the party two days ago?"

Bon Bon nodded. "Yes, I was just a little more focused on the creature from the Everfree Forest than on the party banner with its name," she said, "Just ring the bell on the counter when you're ready," she said before heading to the back room.

"Alright Peanut Butter, let's pick something out," Scootaloo said before browsing the candy store. Peanut Butter followed Scootaloo's lead. Bon Bon was very good at her craft, able to make a wide variety of candy in a single day. Hermes' chocolate bars, Mix bars, Rainbow Drops, Twisters, Scooby Snacks (wait what?), Peanut Butter Cups just to name a few. Choosing a specific candy was difficult Scootaloo finally decided on something called Sour Garden Brats. First they're sour, then they're spicy is what it said on the package. Sounds like my kind of candy, Scootaloo thought. Looking over at Peanut Butter, she saw the he had picked out a jaw breaker that was as big as her head. After contemplating why Bon Bon would even make one that big she rung the bell.

"Just a minute!" Bon Bon called out. A minute later, she walked out of the back room. "So what did you two get?" Scootaloo and Peanut Butter laid their choices on the counter. Bon Bon eyed the jaw breaker skeptically. "Sure you can finish that little guy?"

Scootaloo snorted. "If you recall at Pinkie's party, he ate triple his weight of sweets there," she said.

Bon Bon smirked. "I suppose you're right. That will be fifteen bits by the way." Scootaloo hoofed her the bits, gave her thanks, and began to walk away with her candy along with Peanut Butter, who was already eating away at his jaw breaker. Bon Bon turned to walk into the back room, but stopped when she got an idea in her head. "Wait you two," she called, making her two customers turn around, "I'm working on a new candy and was wondering if you two would like to try it and tell me what you think." Scootaloo and Peanut Butter looked at each other and then back at Bon Bon.

Scootaloo grinned. "Free candy? I'm in!" she said. Peanut Butter gurgled his enthusiasm.

Bon Bon smiled. "Well come along you two, it's in the back room." Scootaloo and Peanut ran/slithered past Bon Bon, making her giggle. She followed them in at a more sedate pace. Inside, Scootaloo and Peanut Butter were practically bouncing off the walls of the kitchen awaiting the new delicious treat. Bon Bon noticed that Peanut Butter's jaw breaker was already half it's original size. Sweet Celestia, and I thought Pinkie ate fast, she thought. "Alright you two, calm down before I change my mind," she said jokingly. She grabbed a couple of small paper cups and walked over to a bowl on the counter. She scooped some of it's contents into each one.

"Alright you two, this new candy I'm making is called Tortoise Shells. Basically, they're button sized candy shelled chocolcate." She hoofed over the cups of her new candy. Scootaloo and Peanut Butter (who had finished his jaw breaker) both observed the contents. Inside the cups appeared to be small, multi-colored tortoise shells. After a moment, Peanut Butter grabbed a few pieces and obsorbed them into his body and Scootaloo threw a few into her mouth.

"Wow! These are really good, Bon Bon," Scootaloo said, chewing on the awesome treat that was tantalizing her taste buds. Bon Bon smiled at the compliment.

"Glad you like them. What do you think, Peanut?" she said, turning to the blob. Peanut was frozen in place as if he was in shock. Bon Bon traded a nervous glance with Scootaloo before trying to speak. Before she could, Peanut Butter began to vibrate, before letting out a high pitched squeal that sounded like a fanfilly screaming at a Wonderbolts show. He poured the rest of the Tortoise Shells onto his body and absorbing them and quickly snatched Scootaloo's cup barely registering shout 'Hey!' and eating her sample as well.

He then leapt at the bowl.

"No, wait!" Scootaloo shouted.

"Stop!" Bon Bon screamed at the same time.

It was futile.

Peanut Butter was currently in candy rage mode, the Tortoise Shells reminding him of his favorite candy from long ago. He absorbed every piece of the candy before falling off the counter with the bowl landing upside down on top of him. He gurgled happily. Bon Bon slowly turned to Scootaloo with a neutral expression on her face that quite frankly terrified Scootaloo. Scootaloo grinned nervously.

"Well, at least you can tell everypony that the monster from the Everfree loves your new candy," she laughed nervously.

Bon Bon slowly facehoofed, wondering why Ponyville was cursed to suffer from such strangeness on a regular basis.

...

"Never do that again," Scootaloo scolded Peanut Butter. They were currently outside the candy store where Scootaloo was giving Peanut Butter a piece of her mind. "That was really rude, dude. Next time, ask if you can have more instead of acting like Pinkie when she hasn't had a cupcake for an hour." Peanut Butter seemed to deflate at every word. Scootaloo rolled her eyes before hugging him.

"It's okay, just have a little more self-control next time." Peanut Butter seemed to brighten up a little at her words. Grabbing her helmet and getting on her scooter, Scootaloo and Peanut Butter began to move away from Bon Bon's. "At least Bon Bon forgave you. Though I think you hugging her had something to do with that," she said, smirking.

Peanut Butter pretended that he didn't know what she was talking about.