• Published 6th Aug 2013
  • 906 Views, 14 Comments

A Night at The Golden Mug - Fanboy



Applejack and Rainbow Dash spend an evening at their favorite bar talking about Applejack's and her family's past.

  • ...
1
 14
 906

Epilogue

Epilogue

Out in the middle of the Sweet Apple Acres apple orchard, a silvery pole rose from the ground. It looked like a two feet high apple tree, complete with roots and bark. And its top was shaped like a tree top with a ruby cut like an apple set in its center.

Aunt and uncle Orange had said back then that buying this monimentum was the least they could have done for his parents after what had happened. To Big Macintosh it looked rather pompous and out of place. He was certain his parents would have wanted something more simple. But without his aunt and uncle’s help they couldn’t have afforded one at all, so he was still grateful to them.

At least it gave him some place to go to. Somewhere he could be with his parents from time to time. Every once in a while he would come here and bring the best apples of the day’s harvest and a bottle of cider with him. Just like tonight, he would place it at the bottom of the monimentum.

And like every time he told his mom and dad how well things were going on the farm. That they shouldn’t worry about their daughters, because they were doing so amazingly great. He told them that he missed them still with all his heart. And he asked them why his sisters were able to move on while he still had to endure this empty pain deep inside him. Why he wasn’t able to live by his own advice he had given to Applejack. Why he had to depend on his little sister, who he should have been there for all those years. He begged them for forgiveness because he couldn’t live up to the awesome pony his father had been. And finally, his vision blurred from tears and through heavy sobs, he asked:

“Why am I so weak?”

Author's Note:

I came up with this little story when I was planning ahead on A Silver Summer. The idea just popped into my mind an kept growing, until I just had to write it down to get it out of my system. Now I can finally go back to writing on the main story.

Any constructive criticism is - as always - highly welcome.

P.S.: I've been thinking of marking this as 'sad' but wasn't sure. Any opinions on that?

Comments ( 12 )

3002453
i.imgur.com/CnOQaVt.jpg
What in the nine circles of hell were you trying to convey with that message?

Pls explain. I had a vague idea until shortly after you gave it a 16/10 rating.

3002453

Well, um... This:

3007426

But anyways, the answer is 10. Do I win something?

3013003
I'm poor, so I guess not...

Sorry.

3013013

Well, it was NekoThaCat who gave me that calculation to solve, so he she should provide the prize ;).

I am really curious to see if and if so, how this will tie into A Silver Summer.

3910862

Well, have you read the newest chapter of A Silver Summer? ^^

This was great. I loved the friendly banter between AJ and RD. Somehow I never came back o read this after putting it on my read later list. Mistake on my part.

5700278

No big deal, mistakes happen. I'm just glad you came to like this story after all ^^.

8030012

Thanks :-).

But, really, that was all it took? Hm, I'm not sure if that speaks for me or just against other stories...

8037500
Sorry it took three years to reply, but it was a bit of a mix of both.
I've seen stories where Dash was just being careless with her word choice and, rather than be understanding like AJ was here, one of the others (usually AJ) ends up taking it personally and deciding to get revenge for the unintentional sleight

3007426
“What in the vague image of hell..?”
My favorite part of your comment
Edit, sorry just realized, it’s “nine circles of hell.” Lol

Login or register to comment